PDA

View Full Version : SoxFest Sunday/Final Haul

Brian26
01-29-2006, 05:09 PM
The event was much more organized today. The lines downstairs that snaked around the room and through the exhibits yesterday were reduced significantly because they used the main ballroom upstairs as a staging area for the Konerko line. When they were ready to open up the Konerko line downstairs, they brought everyone down the escalators in an orderly fashion.

The crowds were less today, and it was a good chance to get a few last autographs and see the merchandise again.

My final autograph haul (11 total): Jim Thome on a baseball, Ozzie and Baines on 8 x 10's, and the following on cards: McCarthy, Anderson, Politte, Mackowiak, Hickey, Singleton, Farmer, and Skowron.

I also broke down and bought the only non-cracked Magglio bat at the garage sale. I was debated buying it on Saturday but let it go. I was surprised when it was still there on Sunday, so I finally decided to go for it. It's definitely the highest priced item I've ever bought at the garage sale. Also picked up the 2003 Fleer Tradition and 2004 Bazooka Sox team sets and a handful of Robin Ventura cards from one of the vendors.

I was able to see 5 or 6 seminars upstairs between Friday and Saturday, which are always the most enjoyable parts of the weekend, so I would say the weekend was fun and a success.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Question - do you need a SoxFest ticket to buy stuff at the "Garage Sale" or is that part of what the admission price covers?

Autographs have no interest for me. The seminars seem interesting. I go to the garage sale at the ballpark.

I would have bought a ticket for Friday or Saturday if I could have bought one.

itsnotrequired
01-29-2006, 05:13 PM
The event was much more organized today. The lines downstairs that snaked around the room and through the exhibits yesterday were reduced significantly because they used the main ballroom upstairs as a staging area for the Konerko line. When they were ready to open up the Konerko line downstairs, they brought everyone down the escalators in an orderly fashion.

The crowds were less today, and it was a good chance to get a few last autographs and see the merchandise again.

My final autograph haul (11 total): Jim Thome on a baseball, Ozzie and Baines on 8 x 10's, and the following on cards: McCarthy, Anderson, Politte, Mackowiak, Hickey, Singleton, Farmer, and Skowron.

I also broke down and bought the only non-cracked Magglio bat at the garage sale. I was debated buying it on Saturday but let it go. I was surprised when it was still there on Sunday, so I finally decided to go for it. It's definitely the highest priced item I've ever bought at the garage sale. Also picked up the 2003 Fleer Tradition and 2004 Bazooka Sox team sets and a handful of Robin Ventura cards from one of the vendors.

I was able to see 5 or 6 seminars upstairs between Friday and Saturday, which are always the most enjoyable parts of the weekend, so I would say the weekend was fun and a success.

Looks like you had a good time. Awesome pics!

HITMEN OF 77
01-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Question - do you need a SoxFest ticket to buy stuff at the "Garage Sale" or is that part of what the admission price covers?

Yes. Your Soxfest ticket gets you into the garage sale at Soxfest.

TheDarkGundam
01-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Today was the only day I got to go, but I still got some good stuff.
I got a ball signed by Pierzynski, a HUGE photo of the guys celebrating on the field after winning the WS, some other little things. In my Mystery Grab Bag I got a grinder poster, a set of World Series postcards (one for each decade, through the 90's), the 2005 yearbook, and the Sox wives cookbook from a few years ago (anyone want some Big Hurt Lasagna or Kenny Williams' Monster Cookies?). I couldn't talk my dad into buying a champagne bottle from the ALDS celebration ("what would your mother say?").
I didn't see anybody from WSI (not that I know what any of you look like. I was looking for WSI nametags though) except TornLabrum. When I got there he was putting away the World Famous Pencil Pull.

Brian26
01-29-2006, 05:17 PM

Yes, you need a ticket to Soxfest to get into the garage sale. You wouldn't be able to get in without a ticket...but, no, you don't have to buy any special tickets once inside to get into the garage sale room. You can wander in and out...I went back three times before I finally bought the bat. :D:

whitesoxwilkes
01-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Final Haul:

One piece of playoff bunting
One Art Kusyner-worn black jacket (has "Cave" written on the tag, which I thought was really cool)
One Crazy Carl game used bat
One pullover/windshirt
10 packs of unopened cards from 90 and 91 that I'm about to dig into

Oh yeah, and I ended up winning one of the silver prizes at the pencil pull--an Ozzie signed batting helmet. You should have seen the disgusted look on Torn Labrum's face as he grudgingly handed it to me.

:bandance:

TornLabrum
01-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Final Haul:

One piece of playoff bunting
One Art Kusyner-worn black jacket (has "Cave" written on the tag, which I thought was really cool)
One pullover/windshirt
10 packs of unopened cards from 90 and 91 that I'm about to dig into

Oh yeah, and I ended up winning one of the silver prizes at the pencil pull--an Ozzie signed batting helmet. You should have seen the disgusted look on Torn Labrum's face as he grudgingly handed it to me.

:bandance:

Matched only by the look of disgust on your face when you found out that AlohaFri had won the bullpen jacket Friday night.

Brian26
01-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Matched only by the look of disgust on your face when you found out that AlohaFri had won the bullpen jacket Friday night.

And all I got was a Kirk McKaskill 8 x 10 photo :D: I was happy that I got a Sox pencil though.

cheeses_h_rice
01-29-2006, 07:10 PM
the Sox wives cookbook from a few years ago (anyone want some Big Hurt Lasagna or Kenny Williams' Monster Cookies?).

The Big Hurt Lasagna is ****ing fantastic, if you tweak the recipe a bit (you need to add more tomato and tomato paste).

I've tried a lot of other recipes from that, and they for the most part were pretty bad. IIRC, the chili recipe in it is almost inedible.

MUsoxfan
01-29-2006, 07:28 PM

I picked up a Rowand game used bat. I'm debating on whether or not I should bring it to Milwaukee when the Phillies come to town so I can see if he'll sign it. I'm not big on autographs, but he's one of my favorite players and it would look great on the bat.

MUsoxfan
01-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Also....I found it really funny that vendors were selling MLB baseballs for $12 unautographed, but the Sox were selling autographed balls for $2-$10. That cracked me up. I almost bought a couple Koch/Porzio balls to play catch with in the yard

HITMEN OF 77
01-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Picked up a few game used jerseys, a few keychains and that was about it. Nothing too exciting.

DeuceUnit
01-29-2006, 07:56 PM
One game used AJ bat, one Frank Thomas bat, one piece of World Series Bunting, and the 1906 flag flown at the park :D:

whitesoxwilkes
01-29-2006, 07:57 PM
One game used AJ bat, one Frank Thomas bat, one piece of World Series Bunting, and the 1906 flag flown at the park :D:

You bought that Friday night, right? I was right behind you in the garage sale room...

chisoxmike
01-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Here's the damage from this weekend...

Commemorative pin set: divison champs pin, alds champs pin, al champs pin, 2 world series champs pins.

World Series trophy paper weight

Grinder ads poster

05 Team Plaque

Many '06 pocket schedules

DeuceUnit
01-29-2006, 08:02 PM
You bought that Friday night, right? I was right behind you in the garage sale room...
Yup, that was me!

zach074
01-29-2006, 08:02 PM
I got to the fest sunday so most of the good garage sale items were gone. Did anyone buy one of the champagne bottles?

TheDarkGundam
01-29-2006, 08:43 PM
I was just looking through my "Baseball Mystery Pak" (a sealed envelope filled with baseball cards). I was looking through the cards, kinda checking the little price sticker on each one, when I noticed that the last 5 cards in the set were worth actual money. 2, Jeter and A rod, say $10. A Mike Piazza says $15, a Ken Griffey Jr. says $24, and a Manny Ramirez/Marquis Grissom says $30. That's $89!
:cool:

Fake Chet Lemon
01-29-2006, 08:56 PM

Autographs have no interest for me. The seminars seem interesting. I go to the garage sale at the ballpark.

I would have bought a ticket for Friday or Saturday if I could have bought one.

The seminars alone are well worth the price of admission. I always grab a seat in the main room and stay all day. I got to ask Kenny, Hawk, Joe Crede and Brooks all questions. I never go near the autograph lines.

filmnews
01-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Haul:

Jim Thome - Own Bat
Joe Crede- Own Bat
Man Soo - Ball, Comcast Flag, Bat
Carlos May - Ball
DJ - Ball
Bill Melton - Plate, Ball
Moose - Ball
Minnie - Ball, Plate, Comcast Flag
Kevin Hickey - Ball
George Cisar - Ball
Brandon McCarthy - Ball, Plate
Joe Crede - Bat
Cliff Politte - Plate
Ed Farmer - Ball
Chris Singelton - Bat, Plate
Brian Anderson - Bat, Plate
Rob Mackowiak - Bat
John Garland - Ball, 8x10 with Frame

TornLabrum
01-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Our haul was a little bit different. Instead of autographs (although I did get one from Jon Garland on ball owned by the WCSF as a future raffle item) I was involved in raising money to be donated at the end of the year to CBCC and Children's Memorial Hospital.

This years SoxFest was terrific for us. Not only did we pull in a record net "profit" on the pencil pull, but Pete from Grandstand also donated a large framed photograph of Game 1 of the Series which netted us even more income. We left SoxFest in better financial shape than at any time in club history.

To all of you who stopped by the pencil pull and/or joined the club, all I can say is thank you so much.

soxfanreggie
01-30-2006, 03:53 AM
Here's a question for you all...

What were the prices of some of the stuff you got at the garage sale? If it's personal and you don't want to discuss it, that's alright. However, I'm thinking about going to Sox Fest next year (it's hard being at a college that's away from Chicago, but I think I'd make it back. I've got all the auto's I need, but the chance to ask questions to KW and everyone plus the garage sale would be worth it. Not adding in the value of meeting the awesome WSI posters!

gr8mexico
01-30-2006, 07:32 AM
Our haul was a little bit different. Instead of autographs (although I did get one from Jon Garland on ball owned by the WCSF as a future raffle item) I was involved in raising money to be donated at the end of the year to CBCC and Children's Memorial Hospital.

This years SoxFest was terrific for us. Not only did we pull in a record net "profit" on the pencil pull, but Pete from Grandstand also donated a large framed photograph of Game 1 of the Series which netted us even more income. We left SoxFest in better financial shape than at any time in club history.

To all of you who stopped by the pencil pull and/or joined the club, all I can say is thank you so much. No Thank you. You guys always give out some good prizes. At the pencil pull I got an autograph Shingo t-shirt, a White Sox hamper, AL championship poster, and Albert Bell 8x10 for only $4.00:bandance: :bandance:
</IMG></IMG>

thepaulbowski
01-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Did anyone buy one of the champagne bottles?

I almost bought the ALDS one on Friday, but didn't. Then my wife went on Sunday and bought me a World Series bottle. :o:

Friday I bought myself Shingo & El Duque autographed baseballs, a World Series Bunting & the team picture.

Bobbo35
01-30-2006, 08:45 AM

30.00 for this jacket that sells for 60.00 in stores.

HITMEN OF 77
01-30-2006, 10:18 AM

What were the prices of some of the stuff you got at the garage sale?

It all depends on what your looking to buy. You can buy game used batting practice bats, without any player names on them for $10. If your looking at players like Uribe, Perez, Harris your going to spend $50-$75 for a bat. A.J, Crede, Dye, Konerko your looking at $100-$175. Jersey wise, it also depends on the player. You can get game used jerseys anywhere from $50-$900. Just depends on the year, the style etc.

MUScholar21
01-30-2006, 10:30 AM

What were the prices of some of the stuff you got at the garage sale? If it's personal and you don't want to discuss it, that's alright. However, I'm thinking about going to Sox Fest next year (it's hard being at a college that's away from Chicago, but I think I'd make it back. I've got all the auto's I need, but the chance to ask questions to KW and everyone plus the garage sale would be worth it. Not adding in the value of meeting the awesome WSI posters!

I bought a really nice lithograph of Sox All Stars for $20 with sketches of Ozzie, Baines, Robin Ventura, Wilson Alvarez, Jason Bere, and Frank Thomas, then got it autographed by Ozzie and Harold 20 minutes later-well worth it.

There was a lot of cool stuff in there, but I couldn't/wouldn't afford the jerseys I wanted, didn't really want a game used bat (really not much exciting to me, except the Rowand bats), and didn't have much interest in a Billy Koch signed ball because my dog has gotten lazy in his old age.

Overall, I enjoyed the seminars the most, but realized that in order to get the few autographs I really wanted I would need to do the whole weekend instead of just one day.

ilsox7
01-30-2006, 10:34 AM
It all depends on what your looking to buy. You can buy game used batting practice bats, without any player names on them for $10. If your looking at players like Uribe, Perez, Harris your going to spend $50-$75 for a bat. A.J, Crede, Dye, Konerko your looking at $100-$175. Jersey wise, it also depends on the player. You can get game used jerseys anywhere from $50-$900. Just depends on the year, the style etc.

Just curious, but which one was the $900 jersey?

HITMEN OF 77
01-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Just curious, but which one was the $900 jersey?

They had a Frank Thomas, 1993 I think, full uniform (pants and jersey) it got picked up after I put it down and the guy bought it along with 3 or 4 other jerseys.

ilsox7
01-30-2006, 10:45 AM
They had a Frank Thomas, 1993 I think, full uniform (pants and jersey) it got picked up after I put it down and the guy bought it along with 3 or 4 other jerseys.
Interesting. Makes sense b/c it was a playoff year and a huge year for Frank. I was thinking maybe it was one of the special alternates they have worn. I would love to get an AJ jersey next year that was worn in 2006 with the World Champions patch on it. Might have to put that on my list of thigns to do.

Dan H
01-30-2006, 10:45 AM
I got to meet with and talk to Hangar. You're nobody until you meet Hangar.

salty99
01-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Autos my wife and I got:
Baines
Raines
WAlker
Guillen
Hickey
Man Soo
Skowron
Minoso
Pollitte
Mackowiak - thanks Brian26 for the card
Anderson
McCarthy
Garland
Cotts
Dye -complete fluke when they brought over 30 more wristbands
Podsednik
Crede
Thome
Konerko
AJ
Singleton

Seminars:
Opening Ceremonies
End of Williams and Konerko
One with Singleton, Farmer, Widger and Pollitte
One with Hawk, Crede, Pods

Guillen13
01-30-2006, 10:52 AM
I got to meet with and talk to Hangar. You're nobody until you meet Hangar.

I was honored to meet and spend some time with Hangar as well. This was after we almost fought it out over our table!!! Luckily, we decided to share the table and ended up having a great time!! :gulp:

skobabe8
01-30-2006, 11:34 AM

The bunting was one thing I really wanted but never saw. Was it still available all day Sunday? How much was it, if you dont mind?

komando
01-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Got a Bajenaru jersey from the garage sale - $75
warmup pullover from the garage sale - $50
Konerko Autographed Ball from the pencil pull - $1
Kittle's book and autograph - $20

all in all a great haul and an even better time, thanks to whitesoxwilkes for the tickets.

ChiSoxGirl
01-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Sadly, all I got from SoxFest was the Parade sweatshirt on clearance- $25. I wanted to get a couple ball cubes and maybe a framed picture from the playoffs for $15, but just ran out of time... and it was difficult to even get near the vendor's tables because of the crowds. Besides, seeing as this is the first time in the 13 years I didn't get a single autograph since I've been going to SoxFest, I didn't need ball cubes! :angry:

DeuceUnit
01-30-2006, 12:15 PM
The bunting was one thing I really wanted but never saw. Was it still available all day Sunday? How much was it, if you dont mind?

They were out on Sunday. I was able to get one Friday night. It cost $50 and is authenticated by MLB.

ChiSox Fan 68
01-30-2006, 01:51 PM

To all of you who stopped by the pencil pull and/or joined the club, all I can say is thank you so much.

I've been meaning to join WCSF ever since I met a few members at Spring Training in Tucson back in 2002. I stopped by the booth at SoxFest Friday night and finally signed up. The ladies working the booth were very nice and it seems like a great group.

Dick Allen
01-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Does anybody know how many of the green pinstriped jerseys were available on Friday? When I got there on Saturday, there were only four left, none fit me.

BeefyD
01-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Does anybody know how many of the green pinstriped jerseys were available on Friday? When I got there on Saturday, there were only four left, none fit me.

IIRC, there were only about 6-8 of them. I know one of them was a complete uniform. I'm a 54, so only a Jenks jersey would fit me, and if one was available, I know I couldn't afford it. :(:

SoxFan78
01-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Signed Bat from Paul Konerko
Signed SI cover from Scotty
1993 "Good Guys and Winners wear Black" VHS tape from the Garage Sale

Palehose13
01-30-2006, 04:16 PM
I think I am going to make myself cry by listing the prices, but since some are curious here was what I got over the weekend:

Champagne Bottle from World Series Celebration - $200
Frank Thomas game used cracked bat - $150
Official White Sox Black jersey, Blank, size 42 (hard to get that size) - $75
Juan Uribe game used cracked bat - $50
Carlos Lee game used cracked bat - $50 (going to try and get that signed at a Brewer game)
Charity Grab Bag- $25 (Same item contents as described by a previous poster)
Grinder Rules poster - $20
Official Sox Fest shirt - $20
Ron Kittle book with auto - $20
Official World Series Ball - $15
Official 2003 All Star Ball - $15
Pencil Pull - $8 (3 pins, 4 bulls 8x10's, 1 MJ softball 8x10)
"World Series Programs Sold Here" sign - $5
Official White Sox Line Up card (Blank) -$2
Hawk's autograph on his 1968 Sports Illustrated - 30 minute wait in Comcast line
Great information and funny stories/moments from seminars and clincs - priceless. :cool:

TornLabrum
01-30-2006, 04:36 PM
I've been meaning to join WCSF ever since I met a few members at Spring Training in Tucson back in 2002. I stopped by the booth at SoxFest Friday night and finally signed up. The ladies working the booth were very nice and it seems like a great group.

Welcome aboard! I think you'll be hearing about getting an extra gift for joining during SoxFest that was donated by Pete Powers from Grandstand. My understanding is that everyone who signed up during SoxFest will be receiving one. We only got them Saturday, so we'll be making arrangements with those people about how to get them.

sandknit
01-30-2006, 06:29 PM
I picked up...

Game Worn-
2004 Carlos Lee Vest
2005 Damaso Marte Home
2005 Damaso Marte Black
1994 James Baldwin Black
1994 Alex Fernandez Road

3 champagne bottles
set of playoff programs
1 piece of bunting

Disappointed that I only saw 1 actual game worn world series jersey. All the others were only team issues. Rumor has it the players took all their jerseys from last year. Apparently Marte was one of the few who did not.

MUsoxfan
01-30-2006, 06:35 PM
I picked up...

Game Worn-
2004 Carlos Lee Vest
2005 Damaso Marte Home
2005 Damaso Marte Black
1994 James Baldwin Black
1994 Alex Fernandez Road

3 champagne bottles
set of playoff programs
1 piece of bunting

Disappointed that I only saw 1 actual game worn world series jersey. All the others were only team issues. Rumor has it the players took all their jerseys from last year. Apparently Marte was one of the few who did not.

Wow. Somebody came to spend. White Sox Charities should write a letter of thanks:wink:

HITMEN OF 77
01-31-2006, 12:41 PM

What time did you getinto the garage sale? When I was there there was a lot of game used WS jerseys.

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Authentic Black Jersey
Authentic Black Batting Practice jersey with WS05 patch
ALCentral Champions LongSleeve shirt
Ron Kittle Book & autograph
Numerous 8x11 Photos of WS
SoxFest 06 Pins
Lets Go Go Go White Sox CD
Jen Masterson autographed picture & wink .... :redface:

Hoisting the Trophy and telling the Chicago Media to Shove it up their *** saturday nite ....
Priceless

steff
01-31-2006, 01:16 PM
What time did you getinto the garage sale? When I was there there was a lot of game used WS jerseys.

Sure was. I got Aarons..

ewokpelts
01-31-2006, 02:19 PM
are you sure they were game used?

they were selling the vest jerseys, and i know that those werent used....plus, the prices were lower than in years past for jerseys.....if they can sell the suntimes issues for 30, you'd think they'd jack up jersey prices....
Gene

Jaffar
01-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Did anybody else run into JR over the weekend? I ended up walking behind him on saturday past stage 4 just after Bmac/Widger and he even stopped to take a picture with me, we exchanged a few words and a handshake as well, it felt like I was standing there with him for 10 minutes in front of where Minnie was signing (the tucson booth) but all in all it was like 30 seconds, very cool all the same.

sandknit
01-31-2006, 03:55 PM
Sure was. I got Aarons..

Unfortunately if the home or road jersey you bought (as those were the only styles used in the WS) is tagged S2, it's the second set. According to the curator of the Sox Hall of Fame who was there (not sure his name) the Sox were issued two sets for the WS and only wore Set 1 for the two home games and two road games. Any tagged S2 were not worn and are considered only Team Issued. I was one of the first people in the door for the Garage Sale and only saw one set 1 away jersey (El Duque) and no set 1 home jerseys. As the curator told me, the players took both their set 1 home and set 1 road jerseys, which I don't blame them for doing, as I'd do the same thing.

If you have a set 1 home or road, congrats as that's a fantastic pickup! :D:

rookieroy
01-31-2006, 03:59 PM
I had pretty good haul and picked up 4 of the 5 things I was looking for at the Garage Sale. Here they are:

1. Game used Rowand bat
2. All three champagne bottles.....:smile:
3. One World Series bunting
4. Both World Series press pins

I was hoping there would be a world series game used hat of anyone...didn't see one. I still can't believe there wasn't more interest in the bottles! These were CLEARLY the best bargin I have seen at the garage sale in years. These have sold on the White Sox website at auction for $1800! There were only about 50 world series bottles sold by Sunday with about 70 still available. You could have had all three for $325. Same goes for the Bunting. Sounded like around 200 were for sale and they were sold out by Sunday. These cost 50 bucks and I would have been willing to pay much more. There were still press pins available on Sunday.

Regarding jerseys....I understand the only real "game used" available were Marte, Contreras, Rowand and the Bat Boy. I think these were snatched up real quick on Friday and most of the players kept all of their uniform items.

All in all....some great World Series Championship items were available and I'm thrilled with my haul!

rookieroy
01-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Unfortunately if the home or road jersey you bought (as those were the only styles used in the WS) is tagged S2, it's the second set. According to the curator of the Sox Hall of Fame who was there (not sure his name) the Sox were issued two sets for the WS and only wore Set 1 for the two home games and two road games. Any tagged S2 were not worn and are considered only Team Issued. I was one of the first people in the door for the Garage Sale and only saw one set 1 away jersey (El Duque) and no set 1 home jerseys. As the curator told me, the players took both their set 1 home and set 1 road jerseys, which I don't blame them for doing, as I'd do the same thing.

If you have a set 1 home or road, congrats as that's a fantastic pickup! :D:

You are correct sir! A few of my friends did pick up set 1 away jerseys that I mentioned earlier. I'm sure I was right behind you into the garage sale! I was wearing the away Joe Hall jersey #26. :D:

BainesHOF
01-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Sure was.

Wrong. There were hardly any game-used World Series jerseys available. However, there were plenty of World Series jerseys available that were never worn.

And even the few Set 1s that were available, it's hard to say for sure those were game used. For example, El Duque might have simply worn Set 2 and took that one home after the clincher. Do you really think all of the players cared which set they wore? I'm sure both were in their lockers. With the players wearing each World Series jersey only a possible two times, it's going to be hard to find wear on even many of those jerseys, but certainly not impossible.

Of note: Many game-issued World Series jerseys had 2004 tags still on them.

rookieroy
01-31-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure anyone will ever really know if a World Series jersey in the Garage Sale is "game used" or not. You would think that the Sox and MLB would do some type of authentication process like they did with the bottles and the bunting. Then again, if the players took all of them, there wouldn't be a reason to authenticate. The mystery continues.........:bandance:

palehosepub
01-31-2006, 04:55 PM
I don't post here very often but I read the threads every day, thought I would add my "opinion" on the game used World Series jerseys. I did discuss this topic with the Sox HOF and scoreboard operator Jeff Szynal who runs the Garage Sales. The vests and black were, of course, never used in a Series game, they are simply game issued jerseys. The players were issued two sets of jerseys for home and two for road. Per Jeff, they could choose whatever jersey they wanted - Set 1 or Set 2. Many wore both sets but it is practically impossible to tell. If you bought one of the 4 game jerseys that were issued for the 4 World Series games (2 white pinnie or gray road) you most like have a gamer, but a player could have worn the same set# twice. I heard the set 1 "rumour" while I was searching through the jersey racks on Friday night and decided to ask Jeff S. about it - Jeff was, and is, always very helpful. Jeff stated that set 1 or 2 made no difference, it was the players call. Hope that helps, I thinks its the most accurate information that we can get. I picked up 2 WS road jerseys, an El Duque Set 2 and an Ozuna Set 1.

steff
01-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Good grief.. catty jag day. :rolleyes:

sandknit
01-31-2006, 05:34 PM
I guess the only way we'll really know if we have a true World Series gamer is to obtain it from the player himself. I won't be holding my breath on that one.

salty99
01-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Or MLB or whoever would have to authenticate them. That is why I didn't even bother.

leens01
01-31-2006, 06:29 PM
I know people have been complaining about sigs, but I wound up getting quite a few while there:

Brandon McCarthy
John Garland
Neal Cotts
Jermain Dye
Scott Pods
Joe Crede
Cliff Pollite

I finally bought a World Series t-shirt
Aaron Rowand Jersey
Game worn Ben Davis jersey(grey)
Signed Ben Davis ball
Mystery Bag
Win or Die Trying t-shirt
a couple of pencils for my niece and nephew
a t-shirt for my nephew
pins (Rowand, Ozzie, Winning Ugly)

I think that is it. I was wondering why I spent so much money with not much to show for it. I guess I have a lot more to show for it!

HITMEN OF 77
01-31-2006, 06:39 PM
are you sure they were game used?

Yes. They had a lot of road and a few home WS gamers.

HITMEN OF 77
01-31-2006, 06:44 PM

Being a White Sox jersey colector for sometime, I disagree with that. I know who your talking about (he wil remain nameless). I talked with him at Soxfest. Some players may have worn the 2nd set on the road, we don't know and never will. They had a game used WS Uribe road set 1 at Soxfest, but the jersey was tagged 04 (2004) so that makes no sense at all. They also had a few other WS jerseys tagged 04 as well, I think Cotts had one there? The only jerseys we are 100% certain weren't game worn are white home sleeveless and black alt jerseys.

Brian26
01-31-2006, 09:32 PM
The only jerseys we are 100% certain weren't game worn are white home sleeveless and black alt jerseys.

I'm glad they didn't wear the sleeveless jerseys, because those things looked horrendous with the World Series patch on the chest over the number.

Brian26
01-31-2006, 09:36 PM
Or MLB or whoever would have to authenticate them. That is why I didn't even bother.

Come on Jeff, admit you were tempted by the 6 "game used" autographed Billy Koch jerseys. :D:

HITMEN OF 77
01-31-2006, 09:56 PM
I'm glad they didn't wear the sleeveless jerseys, because those things looked horrendous with the World Series patch on the chest over the number.

I thought those were the best looking ones.

ssirish317
01-31-2006, 10:02 PM
How much were the jersey's going for at the garage sale???

HITMEN OF 77
01-31-2006, 10:15 PM
How much were the jersey's going for at the garage sale???

$50-$900 for the ones I saw.

IggyD
01-31-2006, 10:20 PM
This is my score from Soxfest plus X-mas

Minoso & Melton - Had for years
Opening Ceremonies Photo - Xmas
Dye with WS MVP inscription (Registered in MLB Authentication Program) - My first online purchase

Team Sig. Bat - purchase @ Soxfest
Paul Konerko Signed WS Hat - Friday @ Soxfest
Cliff Politte signed ball - Friday @ Soxfest
Neal Cotts signed Ball - Friday @ Soxfest
A.J. Pierzynski signed Ball - Saturday @ Soxfest
Joe Crede - Sunday @ Soxfest

God..I had a great time with all my Brother and Sister Sox Fans. I cannot wait until next year!!!!

3879 3880 3882 3883 3884

Dick Allen
01-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Regardless of whether the WS jerseys were game worn or just game issued, a lot of the prices were still cheaper than if you bought an authentic jersey in a store and had name and number sewn on it.

BainesHOF
02-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Good grief.. catty jag day. :rolleyes:

No, it's setting-the-record straight day.

BeefyD
02-01-2006, 12:21 AM
My brother and I were discussing this on Friday when we saw a boatload of the WS black jerseys. We all know they are game issued and not worn, but its still the fun of knowing that they more-than-likely made the trip with the equip. mgr. down to Houston and sat in the locker room.

Beats Grandstand anyday in my book.:D:

Palehose13
02-01-2006, 10:40 AM
No, it's setting-the-record straight day.

I think it's a little bit of both. There is obviously a difference of opinion about SoxFest experience this year. Some are catty jag bags, some are setting the record straight.

BainesHOF
02-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Who's been a jag talking about whether the jerseys were game-used or not?

itsnotrequired
02-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Looks like the White Sox charities had a nice "final haul" as well:

Through the Garage Sale, sales of Sox Pride and World Series wristbands and the World Series trophy tour, more than $200,000 was raised for Chicago White Sox Charities.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060201&content_id=1304733&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

tacosalbarojas
02-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm glad they didn't wear the sleeveless jerseys, because those things looked horrendous with the World Series patch on the chest over the number.Nothing more true has been written in this thread!