PDA

View Full Version : New SOXFEST LOCATION

crazyozzie02
02-01-2006, 03:26 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060201&content_id=1304733&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Its at the bottom of the screen. Its going to be at the Palmer House Hilton on the 28-30 of next January.

Colin

anti-cub
02-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Slowly inching south where they belong. I hope the year after next it's at the Hilton and Towers. I work across the street from the Hilton and at my work a group of us dread the cubs convention weekend. Our V.P. calls it weekend of the Living Dead cause they wander aimlessly on the street.

Hangar18
02-01-2006, 06:04 PM
You guys thought the Crowds were something else this year?
Wait Til Next Year .... and thats not a good thing. That place is small

IggyD
02-01-2006, 07:14 PM
This is sorta old news for us that attended Soxfest:cool:

Palehose13
02-01-2006, 07:37 PM
I sure hope that they have $6 beers like the Hyatt! :D:

If someone teal polices me, I'm smacking you!

leens01
02-01-2006, 07:48 PM

That was awesome!

SOX ADDICT '73
02-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Isn't the Palmer House a bit swankier than the Hyatt? What will this mean for the price of the hotel packages next year?

Palehose13
02-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Isn't the Palmer House a bit swankier than the Hyatt? What will this mean for the price of the hotel packages next year?

http://www.prettyparrots.com/discussion/images/smilies/noway.gif Will this mean $8 beers?

southsidepolish
02-01-2006, 10:17 PM
I know what you're talking about. I work at Columbia, and every year it's the same thing, it's like I'm out in the country with nothing but mindless sheep wandering around.

Slowly inching south where they belong. I hope the year after next it's at the Hilton and Towers. I work across the street from the Hilton and at my work a group of us dread the cubs convention weekend. Our V.P. calls it weekend of the Living Dead cause they wander aimlessly on the street.

ChiSoxGirl
02-01-2006, 10:49 PM

I mentioned this elsewhere in another thread, but yes, The Palmer House is considerably swankier than the Hyatt. And the Hyatt's decor and atmosphere is a lot more modern/contemporary, whereas The Palmer House is quite ornate and gaudy, in my opinion.

Taking all this into consideration, the first thing that came to mind when I found out it was moving was the chance that the price for the weekend hotel package will likely increase. A girl friend of mine works in corporate travel and she said that The Palmer House is considerably smaller- the Hyatt is much bigger- and she's very surprised that SoxFest is being moved there next year. As it stands now, I just paid $284 for the weekend package at the Hyatt, which has been about the same for several years. I have a bad feeling that number may climb closer to $300+ for the weekend package. :mad:

Brian26
02-01-2006, 11:14 PM
I mentioned this elsewhere in another thread, but yes, The Palmer House is considerably more swanky than the Hyatt.

You mean swankier. You're not an English teacher, I hope :D:

Viva Medias B's
02-01-2006, 11:15 PM

Actually, Miller's Pub is nearby and their beer is a more reasonable prices.

WhiteSox05Champs
02-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Bah I paid like $345 this year. They charged me $25 a day extra because I told the truth about the other three people staying with me.

:angry:

Oh well, still worth it :) I am concerned if they are moving to a smaller venue and are still intent on selling as many tickets as they did this year. Be interesting to see how next year goes.

ChiSoxGirl
02-01-2006, 11:27 PM
You mean swankier. You're not an English teacher, I hope :D:

No, but I was an English minor in college and have always written well! :redface: I fixed it.

Brian26
02-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Actually, Miller's Pub is nearby and their beer is a more reasonable prices.

I'm anxiously awaiting the 15-page "Miller's Pub Recap" thread talking about sloppy drunk weekend sportscasters making out with each other.

MUsoxfan
02-01-2006, 11:32 PM
As it stands now, I just paid $284 for the weekend package at the Hyatt, which has been about the same for several years. I have a bad feeling that number may climb closer to $300+ for the weekend package. :mad:

:o: Another $16?! I'll start saving now!!:tongue:

ChiSoxGirl
02-01-2006, 11:41 PM
:o: Another $16?! I'll start saving now!!:tongue:

I threw the $300+ in there because I'm sure it'll likely be higher than just $300. And if it's not, kudos to the Sox and The Palmer House for not raising the price.

MUsoxfan
02-01-2006, 11:44 PM
I threw the $300+ in there because I'm sure it'll likely be higher than just $300. And if it's not, kudos to the Sox and The Palmer House for not raising the price.

I'm sure the price will be slightly higher, but I'm sure the Sox and the Palmer House will work out a similar deal. The Sox bring alot of money to these hotels

IggyD
02-02-2006, 12:58 AM

Hey...what goes better with that $6 beer is the $11 jagerbomb:gulp:

Hangar18
02-02-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm anxiously awaiting the 15-page "Miller's Pub Recap" thread talking about sloppy drunk weekend sportscasters making out with each other.

Thats the other thing ........... at least at the Hyatt, the players had one bar to go to, the hotel bar. There are about 5 or 6 bars in the area. So much for seeing players anymore ..........ah well, it was fun while it lasted

Hangar18
02-02-2006, 09:34 AM
I'm sure the price will be slightly higher, but I'm sure the Sox and the Palmer House will work out a similar deal. The Sox bring alot of money to these hotels

I just asked .........Its going to be alot higher. The price of success.

dondosae1
02-02-2006, 10:04 AM
will the dates change? January 28-30, 2007 is a Sunday through Tuesday?

Ol' No. 2
02-02-2006, 10:08 AM
I just asked .........Its going to be alot higher. The price of success.Not necessarily. Downtown hotels make their money on weekdays renting to business travellers. Most rooms sit empty on weekends, and you can almost always get a good deal on a weekend rate. A group like this that fills up a lot of rooms on a weekend is just gravy for the hotel. The price may go up a bit, but it won't be much.

ChiSoxGirl
02-02-2006, 10:08 AM
will the dates change? January 28-30, 2007 is a Sunday through Tuesday?

Per the flyer we got at SoxFest, it's January 26-28, 2007.

gr8mexico
02-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Well to all the true Sox fans that attended SoxFest for so many years it's going to be a little difficult for us. It's going to takes us a while just to figure were the hell we are going. At the Hyatt the had the same lay out for as long I can remember and every year you knew exactly where you wanted to go as soon as you walked in.

IggyD
02-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Well to all the true Sox fans that attended SoxFest for so many years it's going to be a little difficult for us. It's going to takes us a while just to figure were the hell we are going. At the Hyatt the had the same lay out for as long I can remember and every year you knew exactly where you wanted to go as soon as you walked in.

To say that only true Soxfans attended Soxfest is just plain wrong man. What about the many from other States or Countries that never went...does that make then less of a fan than you or me?

Palehose13
02-02-2006, 12:28 PM
To say that only true Soxfans attended Soxfest is just plain wrong man. What about the many from other States or Countries that never went...does that make then less of a fan than you or me?

No. I think he is trying to differentiate between the fans that have religiously attended in the past and the band wagoners from this year.

gr8mexico
02-02-2006, 12:31 PM
No. I think he is trying to differentiate between the fans that have religiously attended in the past and the band wagoners from this year. Thank You

IggyD
02-02-2006, 01:13 PM
No. I think he is trying to differentiate between the fans that have religiously attended in the past and the band wagoners from this year.
If that was his meaning excuse my reply....it was the word true that made the statement. Had he left that word out I would not have replied. So pardon any ill feelings.

My family all moved to Alabama (all they have are the Birmingham Barons)and do not attend Soxfest, but they are and have been true fans all their lives. So if one is true, the other must be false....what would be in between those descriptions, Cub fans.....? :D:

Palehose13
02-02-2006, 01:19 PM
If that was his meaning excuse my reply....it was the word true that made the statement. Had he left that word out I would not have replied. So pardon any ill feelings.

My family all moved to Alabama (all they have are the Birmingham Barons)and do not attend Soxfest, but they are and have been true fans all their lives. So if one is true, the other must be false....what would be in between those descriptions, Cub fans.....? :D:

No problem. I understand the confusion and I was trying to clear it up before anything got heated. I'm a huge fan and living in Milwaukee makes it hard for me at times to make events that I would like to go to. I am sure that there are plenty of "true" or hardcore fans that live out of state. There are quite a few on this board.

I agree with your objection to the use of the word "true". I think the perception was that a good number of people that went to SoxFest are bandwagon fans. I would like to think of these people as "new" fans. Following Two By Four's lead, I would also like to ask the hardcore fans to embrace the newbies. We were all a new Sox fan at some point in our lives be it 2 or 20 years old. Let's show them how to really be a Sox fan, the best fans in baseball. :smile:

IggyD
02-02-2006, 01:35 PM
I agree with your objection to the use of the word "true". I think the perception was that a good number of people that went to SoxFest are bandwagon fans. I would like to think of these people as "new" fans. Following Two By Four's lead, I would also like to ask the hardcore fans to embrace the newbies. We were all a new Sox fan at some point in our lives be it 2 or 20 years old. Let's show them how to really be a Sox fan, the best fans in baseball. :smile:

Here Here :gulp:

SOX ADDICT '73
02-02-2006, 02:06 PM
I think the perception was that a good number of people that went to SoxFest are bandwagon fans. I would like to think of these people as "new" fans. Following Two By Four's lead, I would also like to ask the hardcore fans to embrace the newbies. We were all a new Sox fan at some point in our lives be it 2 or 20 years old. Let's show them how to really be a Sox fan, the best fans in baseball. :smile:
This needs to be the new scrolling text on the home page.