PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Get Married at U.S. Cellular?

Vernam
02-01-2006, 03:13 PM
This appears to be a legit press release issued today: http://tinyurl.com/933rh

Fans of the World Series Champion Chicago White Sox can express their love for each other – and the White Sox – with a once-in-a-lifetime pregame group wedding at U.S. Cellular Field. Couples can say, or renew, their “I Do’s” at U.S. Cellular Field before the White Sox host the Texas Rangers on Saturday, June 3 at 6:05 p.m. The ceremony will begin at 4:00 p.m.

All it takes is $500. And someone willing to spend the rest of their lives with you, too, obviously. :cool:

Throwing out the first pitch that day: Reverend Sun Myung Moon. Or, maybe the Reverend Jerry Reinsdorf will officiate?

Vernam

Stoky44
02-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Anybody know how much a "non-group" wedding would cost at the cell? Also, what would it cost to have a wedding on an off day and reception at the stadium club? Just curious, I have heard people do this before, it sounds pretty cool.

alohafri
02-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Damn, I saw this and thought you were asking.

Unregistered
02-01-2006, 03:19 PM
"Couples are constantly seeking to create a truly unique wedding experience, which is why the White Sox created the Wedding Experiences last year,” said Brooks Boyer, White Sox vice president of marketing. “The group wedding allows even more couples to celebrate their nuptials at the ballpark with their friends, family and each other in the grand setting of a Major League ballpark. Then, they can enjoy the game – and White Sox Baseball – together.”

Yep... there's nothing quite as "unique" as getting married with 100 other couples... :D:

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2006, 03:21 PM
This appears to be a legit press release issued today: http://tinyurl.com/933rh

All it takes is $500. And someone willing to spend the rest of their lives with you, too, obviously. :cool:

Throwing out the first pitch that day: Reverend Sun Myung Moon. Or, maybe the Reverend Jerry Reinsdorf will officiate?

VernamIt's on the Sox website. I think Rev. Jerry said he's not going to do that anymore. (Is it still legal if you're married by a Jewish reverend?)

pdimas
02-01-2006, 03:25 PM
This one lady I work with said her son had his reception at the ballpark and it was quite a nice experience. She said they even had their faces plastered all over all of the tv screens in the park. No mention of how much it all cost though.

Stoky44
02-01-2006, 03:37 PM
This one lady I work with said her son had his reception at the ballpark and it was quite a nice experience. She said they even had their faces plastered all over all of the tv screens in the park. No mention of how much it all cost though.

i thought I heard once: $10k plus $100(or more) per plate, could be wrong though.

Gavin
02-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Don't get married at/during any sports complex/event.

:tsk:

Chicken Dinner
02-01-2006, 04:18 PM
i thought I heard once: $10k plus $100(or more) per plate, could be wrong though.

How much extra if you want a couple beer guys??

LuvSox
02-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Can I get divorced at U.S. Cellular? :D:

ondafarm
02-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Can I get divorced at U.S. Cellular? :D:

With Hawk Harrelson saying, "She GAAWWWNNNN!!!!"

Dolly
02-01-2006, 04:45 PM
i thought I heard once: $10k plus $100(or more) per plate, could be wrong though.I actually looked into this for my own wedding, and I could be mistaken, but my understanding was that you would have to do it on an off-day. Your price pp is pretty accurate, but it's hard to say what the actual price would be, because they have everything priced individually depending on what kind of food/booze package you want (i.e., pick your salad, soup, entree, booze separately). And it's a minimum food order of $10,000-- that's not in addition to your food. Anyway, the package I came up with was about $110 pp including tax & tip, and that was on the low end of what they have to offer. Plus there are all kinds of "extras" you could add on to your package, but they are things that I would consider essential.... things like LIGHTS ($500/1st hour, $250/hr after that), and BARTENDERS ($75 per bartender per hour, 1 bartender per 50 guests), to name a couple. You can also pay extra to have your picture taken in the dugout, pics on scoreboard, and other stuff like that (don't remember how much extra that stuff was). Although I have never been to a wedding there, I do know people who have, and apparently it is really nice. Too bad it's too rich for my blood! :(: Oh-- and I wanna say they can only accommodate something like 150 people.

lizard6king6
02-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Yep... there's nothing quite as "unique" as getting married with 100 other couples... :D:
Exactly.. Just not the same, for a private one Im guessing it would cost more like 5,000 at least

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2006, 08:00 PM
They also said you could renew your vows for those already hitched. Here's a question...If you renew your vows, does the new anniversary date supercede the old one, or do you now have to keep track of TWO anniversaries?

samram
02-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Don't get married at/during any sports complex/event.

:tsk:

Good call. I would also add don't propose at one. I encourage any woman who is proposed marriage at a sporting event to say no.

The Critic
02-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Good call. I would also add don't propose at one. I encourage any woman who is proposed marriage at a sporting event to say no.

I agree - the rejection is always good for a laugh!
:D:

Guillen13
02-01-2006, 09:03 PM
I had my wedding reception at the "Comiskey Park" Stadium Club in 2001. It was pretty pricey but worth every penny. The food was awesome, we had the bar open during dinner, and they even set up a Margarita bar for us. $100 per plate in '01 is about what we paid. We put down a $3000 deposit, and the final total was about $25,000. That included security for the parking lot, food, beverage, coat check, etc. The nice thing about it was that they set up several food stations with lots of variety (Italian, Mexican, American foods). The presentation was fabulous. Levy Brothers used to cater for them, but I believe that they were sold to a British company since then.

We had about 175 people there, but it can accomidate far more. I don't mind telling how much it cost because I have since divorced!

Palehose13
02-01-2006, 09:06 PM
I had my wedding reception at the "Comiskey Park" Stadium Club in 2001. It was pretty pricey but worth every penny. The food was awesome, we had the bar open during dinner, and they even set up a Margarita bar for us. $100 per plate in '01 is about what we paid. We put down a $3000 deposit, and the final total was about $25,000. That included security for the parking lot, food, beverage, coat check, etc. The nice thing about it was that they set up several food stations with lots of variety (Italian, Mexican, American foods). The presentation was fabulous. Levy Brothers used to cater for them, but I believe that they were sold to a British company since then.

We had about 175 people there, but it can accomidate far more. I don't mind telling how much it cost because I have since divorced!

25K and divorced in 5 years or less! :o:

JoeItalia7
02-01-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm in if someone provides the woman

itsnotrequired
02-01-2006, 10:10 PM

So what's the problem? Why, I just spent $25k on a walk-in humidor!

Realist
02-02-2006, 07:46 AM
I'm too young to get married and too old to fall in love.

MiamiSpartan
02-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Same-sex couples, too? Or would marrying same-sex couples in a ballpark ruin the "sanctity of marriage?":redneck

Jaffar
02-02-2006, 10:07 AM
This is from the 2005 "Fantasy Experience" list
On Field Wedding Experience (non game day)
Price $10,000
· Wedding takes place on the field
o 14 people maximum (bride/groom/parents and 4 grooms men and 4 bridesmaids
o Guests sit in the stands (100 level)
· One hour welcome reception for wedding guests on the 100 level concourse or Scout Seat area catered by the Levy Restaurants (appetizers and full bar)
· Wedding party has U.S. Cellular Field for 2 hours (ceremony, welcome reception and pictures)
· Wedding party will bring their own photographer and officiant
· Limo service for the couple after the ceremony provided by the
White Sox

Game Day Centerfield Fan Deck Wedding
Price $5,500
· Wedding takes place two hours and 15 minutes before game time
· 65 Guests (maximum)
· Game tickets are included in this wedding package
Wedding party will bring their own photographer

manders_01
02-02-2006, 10:47 AM
I think having a private ceremony or reception at a sporting venue would be awesome (I dream of having my reception at Soldier Field :D: ).

But a group wedding, that's tacky! I wish that an organization that I think is high class wouldn't be a part of something like this. IMO, the group wedding thing is more closely associated with publicity stunts then love and life-long commitment.

Guillen13
02-02-2006, 07:34 PM

I know..I know... but it was one hell of a party! :bandance:

IlliniSox4Life
02-02-2006, 07:54 PM
This is from the 2005 "Fantasy Experience" list
On Field Wedding Experience (non game day)
Price $10,000
·Wedding takes place on the field
o14 people maximum (bride/groom/parents and 4 grooms men and 4 bridesmaids
oGuests sit in the stands (100 level)
·One hour welcome reception for wedding guests on the 100 level concourse or Scout Seat area catered by the Levy Restaurants (appetizers and full bar)
·Wedding party has U.S. Cellular Field for 2 hours (ceremony, welcome reception and pictures)
·Wedding party will bring their own photographer and officiant
·Limo service for the couple after the ceremony provided by the
White Sox

Game Day Centerfield Fan Deck Wedding
Price $5,500
·Wedding takes place two hours and 15 minutes before game time
·65 Guests (maximum)
·Game tickets are included in this wedding package
Wedding party will bring their own photographer

Sweet! I would've thought you would've made us sit in the upper deck! Thanks for clearing it up, Sox!