PDA

View Full Version : Open House/Meet Your Seat??

Sox35th
02-01-2006, 02:02 PM
I am not sure if this has ever been posted, but those of you that have been season ticket holders for sometime.....I was just wondering if the Sox host any kind of an “open house party/meet your seat” for all season ticket holders. This is my first season as a ticket holder, so I was just wondering if the Sox would be doing anything like this before the start of the season. I did notice that on the Sox website they say “exclusive season ticket holder events” what dose this mean/include?

--Thanks and Go Sox!!

ewokpelts
02-01-2006, 02:13 PM
No.
But you can go look at seat locations when considering a plan by appointment.
Gene

I want Mags back
02-01-2006, 02:15 PM
They probably dont because people who dont care to see their seats ahead of time would sell the pass on Ebay

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2006, 02:30 PM
A few years ago, right after the first round of renovations, they invited ST holders to come down on a Saturday in March to see the changes. We got to go into the Sox clubhouse, up in the dugout and onto the field. Billy Pierce and Carlos May were there for autographs and photos and they had hot dogs and drinks. They had a highlight film playing in the conference center. It was a lot of fun. I don't know why they don't do that every year.

pdimas
02-01-2006, 03:00 PM
I miss the season ticket holder parties. They haven't had them in 2 years. Nothing like free ribs, hot dogs, burgers, soda and beer. The best part was being able to walk on the outfield grass and play catch.

INSox56
02-01-2006, 03:12 PM
If you guys didn't hear it in one of Brooks' seminars...someone asked him about season ticket holder perks and how they've not been there in recent past. He said they've talked about it and they're going to get back into special things for the ST holders. He didn't say what, but he did say that we'd be really happy about what they had in store. So who knows what, but it'll be SOMETHING

itsnotrequired
02-01-2006, 03:13 PM
If you guys didn't hear it in one of Brooks' seminars...someone asked him about season ticket holder perks and how they've not been there in recent past. He said they've talked about it and they're going to get back into special things for the ST holders. He didn't say what, but he did say that we'd be really happy about what they had in store. So who knows what, but it'll be SOMETHING

Free magnetic schedule?:redneck

I too am a first-time season ticket holder and have wondered about these "exclusive" season-ticket holder events.

Sox35th
02-01-2006, 03:16 PM

Will this be for the 06 season?? or are they looking more in the way
of 2007-08

SoxFan78
02-01-2006, 03:18 PM

I hope its more then a bbq pack like they gave away last year.

A question for split-season ticket holders last year. Did anybody get a 2005 media guide? I read that we were supposed to get one, but i never did.

INSox56
02-01-2006, 05:57 PM
He made it seem like it was for this year. I'm a first time season ticket holder...not by choice, but b/c I was in college and BROKE AS A JOKE until this year. So i'm anxious to see what may be in store for this year or next. From the sounds of the comments the guy asking the question had, the season ticket holder perks used to be pretty good.

ewokpelts
02-01-2006, 06:20 PM
That was me.
Brooks said that there's a plan devised by the ticket staff to "reward" st holders.
Gene

LauraJ14
02-01-2006, 07:05 PM

A question for split-season ticket holders last year. Did anybody get a 2005 media guide? I read that we were supposed to get one, but i never did.

I didn't get one either. Someone in my section went and bugged Customer service for one and they gave her one so I ended up with it.
The season before it was mailed to us before the season started.
Last year wasn't so great for free perks, just the bbq set.

pdimas
02-01-2006, 07:08 PM
We got one each of all the promo items offered this year in a box as well. All of the hats given away, backpack, towel, socks etc.

steff
02-01-2006, 07:08 PM
I didn't get one either. Someone in my section went and bugged Customer service for one and they gave her one so I ended up with it.
The season before it was mailed to us before the season started.
Last year wasn't so great for free perks, just the bbq set.

Agree. In the past it's been a package of a few things like bobbleheads, sweatshirts, hats, media guides. They gave us season ticket holder chairs 2 years ago.

DumpJerry
02-01-2006, 07:14 PM
I heard I get three dinners with Jon Garland.:D:

IggyD
02-01-2006, 07:18 PM
I heard all WS season Ticket Holders get to work security at next years Soxfest:bandance:

chisoxfanatic
02-01-2006, 07:34 PM
I heard I get three dinners with Jon Garland.:D:

Scott Podesdnik is coming to my house! :wink:

BTW, is this only for full season ticket holders, or does it also apply to those of us with a split-plan? I ask, because I personally have the Hit & Run weekday plan.

Blob
02-01-2006, 11:44 PM

Last year was the first year we didn't get ours either. We just bought them.

skobabe8
02-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Scott Podesdnik is coming to my house! :wink:

BTW, is this only for full season ticket holders, or does it also apply to those of us with a split-plan? I ask, because I personally have the Hit & Run weekday plan.

Great question!

Sidenote: Converted and I are gonna be able to see you 27 times this year?! OH NOOOO!! :tongue:

ChiSoxGirl
02-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Sidenote: Converted and I are gonna be able to see you 27 times this year?!

Where are your seats? I'll be at the ballpark a million times myself this season! We'll have to meet up and maybe have a Cosmo.! :wink:

Palehose13
02-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Great question!

Sidenote: Converted and I are gonna be able to see you 27 times this year?! OH NOOOO!! :tongue:

If you have the H&R plan it looks like you'll be seeing me too, and remember I'm the one that schemed with converted to have you get a room. :wink:

chisoxfanatic
02-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Where are your seats? I'll be at the ballpark a million times myself this season! We'll have to meet up and maybe have a Cosmo.! :wink:

I might have a ticket for you a time or two this season! I'll let you know in advance! :)

chisoxfanatic
02-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Great question!

Is that a Ron Santo "Oh Nooo!" or a Chris Berman "Oh Nooo!"? :D:

Yea, and where are your seats?

LauraJ14
02-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Agree. In the past it's been a package of a few things like bobbleheads, sweatshirts, hats, media guides. They gave us season ticket holder chairs 2 years ago.

I'm not too demanding of a season ticket holder, I just want the media guide each season. Although a matching season ticket holder chair would be nice. Hopefully this year everything we get says WORLD CHAMPS!

chisoxfanatic
02-02-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm not too demanding of a season ticket holder, I just want the media guide each season. Although a matching season ticket holder chair would be nice. Hopefully this year everything we get says WORLD CHAMPS!

Do the media guides come out next month?

whitesoxwilkes
02-02-2006, 04:25 PM
That was me.
Brooks said that there's a plan devised by the ticket staff to "reward" st holders.
Gene

Playoff tickets are all the reward I need.

Palehose13
02-02-2006, 04:40 PM

Well said, but I wouldn't be opposed to any other free gifts they may offer in addition the opportunity to purchase playoff tickets. :smile:

ewokpelts
02-02-2006, 04:51 PM
well..the ticket sales staff can only do so much....
the guy to talk to about making sure the sox make the playoffs is :
:ozzie

steff
02-02-2006, 05:41 PM

Pfffttt..... :tongue:

SoxSideIrish
02-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Is that a Ron Santo "Oh Nooo!" or a Chris Berman "Oh Nooo!"? :D:

Yea, and where are your seats?That "Oh Nooo!" was one of the funniest things I've heard during a SOXcast in a long time. With Hawk's tirade when Buerhle got tossed coming in a close second. Good times, good times.