PDA

View Full Version : guchi, Uribe may shift spots in batting order

IggyD
02-01-2006, 12:31 PM
What do the WSI managers think of this?

Whitsox.com (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/index.jsp?c_id=cws)

WhiteSoxFan84
02-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Until Uribe learns how to draw a walk I don't want him anywhere near the top 5.

CHIsoxNation
02-01-2006, 12:37 PM
It can't hurt to try in during spring training. If Uribe shows some patience in ST and can put down some bunts then I say go for it. At least you know Iguchi can handle both spots in the order, so if it doesn't work out then you slide Iguchi back up to #2.

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Welcome to last year.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62104&highlight=iguchi+uribe

There are at least three other threads on the same subject.

Iwritecode
02-01-2006, 12:50 PM
It can't hurt to try in during spring training. If Uribe shows some patience in ST and can put down some bunts then I say go for it. At least you know Iguchi can handle both spots in the order, so if it doesn't work out then you slide Iguchi back up to #2.

That's pretty much what Ozzie said at Soxfest. It's penciled in right now.

White Sox Randy
02-01-2006, 01:20 PM
I like it. I predict that it sticks and works out fine.

Yes, Uribe needs to use better pitch selection and walk more - and I think he will.

Corlose 15
02-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Two things,

1. Did you just mispell or were you just to lazy to write Iguchi? I mean, it can't be that much more work to add the I onto his name.

2. This topic has been discussed 3 or 4 times now.

IggyD
02-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Two things,

1. Did you just mispell or were you just to lazy to write Iguchi? I mean, it can't be that much more work to add the I onto his name.

2. This topic has been discussed 3 or 4 times now.
Well.....I was in a rush as my work break was ending and....

1. I did not know the spelling police3890 were watching me again.

2. It is current as this was on whitesox.com today.....so have a :gulp: ...relax and go to another topic and forget you ever saw this

ondafarm
02-01-2006, 04:17 PM
In short, this is a spring training gimmick to keep both men happy. Should it work out, Ozzie looks like a genius. When it fails, both men are happy that Ozzie showed confidence in them and let them try, but then both put their heads down and get to work batting where they did last season.

Corlose 15
02-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Well.....I was in a rush as my work break was ending and....

1. I did not know the spelling police3890 were watching me again.

2. It is current as this was on whitesox.com today.....so have a :gulp: ...relax and go to another topic and forget you ever saw this

No problem man, I figured you just mispelled but you never can be too sure.:cool: