PDA

View Full Version : Tribune figures out another way to fleece Flubs fans

Fenway
02-01-2006, 12:28 PM
My gawd it is like taking candy from a baby

https://secure.mlb.com/chc/images/fan_forum/581x100_brick_header2.gif

The Chicago Cubs are proud to pay tribute to the generations of fans who have supported the club over its storied history by giving you the opportunity to cement your allegiance to the Cubs through engraved bricks, which will be installed in areas around Wrigley Field.

This is a chance of a lifetime to preserve your favorite Wrigley Field moment, declare your loyalty or commemorate the day you became a Cubs fan. It is a living testament of one generation's legacy to the next. Create a lasting memory that you will be able to revisit with family and friends each time you return to Wrigley Field.

https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/fan_forum/brick_paver_form.jsp

Tekijawa
02-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Pee on your own brick! Or maybe a friends? Or even an Ex-Girlfriends brick! Get 'em now they're going fast!

Hangar18
02-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Heres mine im sending in ...........
WHITE SOX
WORLD CHAMPIONS

Fenway
02-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Pee on your own brick! Or maybe a friends? Or even an Ex-Girlfriends brick! Get 'em now they're going fast!

Ok who is going to order the 1906 brick? :D:

Rocky Soprano
02-01-2006, 12:36 PM
WHITE SOX
WORLD CHAMPIONS

Are you serious?
That would be awesome!

Fenway
02-01-2006, 12:38 PM
speaking of bricks

http://images.bleedcubbieblue.com/images/admin/wrigley0129i.jpg
http://images.bleedcubbieblue.com/images/admin/wrigley0129g.jpg

daveeym
02-01-2006, 12:43 PM
speaking of bricks
Those look awfully new to me. Especially the ones on the pallet. It is a major improvement though.

VA_GoGoSox
02-01-2006, 12:47 PM
WHITE SOX
WORLD CHAMPIONS

You know, if we all chipped in we could do this at very little individual expense. And it would be awesome.

I can't wait to see some of the dumb crap Cub fans put on these things...

I was there when Carrie won...I mean struck out 20!
I threw garbage on the field!
I punched a member of the LA Dodgers!
I got knocked out by Randy Meyers!

Tekijawa
02-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Those look awfully new to me. Especially the ones on the pallet. It is a major improvement though.

Look how urine drenched the ground is around it though, they might want to get Bossard on the line and see if he can figure out some type of Drainage system!

Hangar18
Those look awfully new to me. Especially the ones on the pallet.

SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! !!!!
dont say anything! The Tribune told everyone that they were simply removing the outfield wall, so that they could better ADD seats to the bleachers. They also said they were going to REUSE the old bricks back
on the new wall. Liars.

At least we dont have to hear the Cubs talk about "historic" Wrigley Field anymore.
Its not Historic any longer with the New Bleachers, New Concourse, New Outfield Bar, New Bricks and New Ivy. hahahahahahaa. Nothing like SELLING OUT YOUR OWN HISTORY

SOXintheBURGH
WHITE SOX
WORLD CHAMPIONS

You would spend $160 for that?

SOXintheBURGH
WHITE SOX
WORLD CHAMPIONS

Mickster
02-01-2006, 12:51 PM
I'd pay for a Steve Bartman brick with the date of the infamous incident! :redneck

Fenway
02-01-2006, 12:54 PM
reading the small print is priceless

NOTE: Your personalized brick paver will be installed for the beginning of the 2007 season. Upon ordering your paver and receipt of your payment, an acknowledgement letter confirming your order and personal message will be sent with a certificate of recognition within two to three weeks. Authentic replica bricks will be shipped within six to eight weeks of the receipt of your order. Gift certificates are also available by calling 1-800-851-6846.

authentic replica brick :tongue:

Convenience fees of $5.00 per brick and $3.00 per additional replica brick ordered will apply. All fees are capped at $20.

Convenience charge for a brick??!!

Baby Fisk
02-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Each brick will be vetted and approved before being produced. No way somehing like that would ever be accepted.

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Each brick will be vetted and approved before being produced. No way somehing like that would ever be accepted.How about:

Dedicated to my Great-Grandfather, who actually saw the Cubs the last time they won a World Series.

Do you think they'd accept that?

Stoky44
02-01-2006, 01:04 PM
I don't know, I kind of think it is cool. If the Sox did something like that I would consider it. I mean everytime you go to the park, you could show people where your name is engraved. I think it could be cool to take your grand kids to the cell and show them your name in 50 years.

Hangar18
02-01-2006, 01:11 PM
I don't know, I kind of think it is cool. If the Sox did something like that I would consider it. I mean everytime you go to the park, you could show people where your name is engraved. I think it could be cool to take your grand kids to the cell and show them your name in 50 years.

I think its a GREAT idea theyre doing this for their "fans". So in the year 2056, when the Lincoln Park Trixies all turn 75, she can show her grandchildren how Foolish she was for spending $160 bucks! And still waiting for a World Series!

Dan Mega
02-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Who in their right mind would spend $160 for a brick with an engraving in it? The only brick I'd spend that money on would probably be from the Berlin Wall. Not this though, what a waste.

Tekijawa
02-01-2006, 01:22 PM
I just heard that The Tribune is opening up a Brick making company and has bought all the available bricks for this "scam" and will now be charging $450 dollars per brick Plus a PBL (Personal Brick License) fee of $10,000 for each brick. If you want an Authentic Replica brick that will cost you $150 and they will send you a template and the Cement to make your own. If you want the Replica Replica Brick they will send you one carved out of wood for $50, plus $25 S/H with a minimum fee of $300. You don't want to know how much the Authentic Authentic Replica costs but it's really pretty good quality Adobe brick!

SOXPHILE
02-01-2006, 01:30 PM
WHITE SOX
WORLD CHAMPIONS

I was thinking the exact same thing. :cool:

Fenway
02-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Who in their right mind would spend $160 for a brick with an engraving in it?

These are the people that blew up a baseball so where does right mind enter the equation?

http://www.suntimes.com/special_sections/bartman/flash/bartman_ball.jpg
The obliterated remains of a the Bartman baseball sits in pieces inside a clear case after being blown up Thursday. (AP)
BTW since they blew up the poor defenseless baseball Cubdumb has seen the Red Sox and the White Sox win the series.

34 Inch Stick
02-01-2006, 01:53 PM
I think WSI should buy won with the message:

Better luck next century

from your friends at WSI the unofficial website of the 2005 World Champions.

1951Campbell
02-01-2006, 02:12 PM
We're not going to be able to get a brick because all the bricks will probably say "Fire Dusty!" or "Fire Hendry!" :D:

PaulDrake
02-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Cubs are proud to pay tribute to the generations of fans who have supported the club over its storied history

https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/fan_forum/brick_paver_form.jsp Storied history? Every time I hear the cubs and their fans proclaim their storied history I want to reach for ... oh well never mind, this is a classy place.

TheOldRoman
02-01-2006, 03:49 PM
The Cubs aren't fleecing anyone here. It is like taking candy from a baby, but they aren't doing anything wrong in this case. Other parks have done the same thing. I know for a fact that PETCO Park had a brick pavers program. The whackos at PETA bought a brick and wrote "Break Open Your Cold Ones Toast The. Padres! Enjoy This Championship Organization". If you take the first letter of each word it spells "boycott Petco".
Other parks have had brick pavers programs, but I can't think which ones. I see nothing wrong with it. If the Sox did something like this, I would be likely to buy a brick (though not for $160!).

TheOldRoman
02-01-2006, 03:58 PM
SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! !!!!
dont say anything! The Tribune told everyone that they were simply removing the outfield wall, so that they could better ADD seats to the bleachers. They also said they were going to REUSE the old bricks back
on the new wall. Liars.

At least we dont have to hear the Cubs talk about "historic" Wrigley Field anymore.
Its not Historic any longer with the New Bleachers, New Concourse, New Outfield Bar, New Bricks and New Ivy. hahahahahahaa. Nothing like SELLING OUT YOUR OWN HISTORY Hangar, why must you, in all your lunacy, force me to defend the Tribune?

1. They never said they were removing the outfield wall. The beatiful ivy covered walls in the field of play were not moved. They knocked down the exterior brick wall so they could build new bleachers.
2. They will still use the old bricks for the wall. When building an exterior brick wall, it is wise to use two layers. They used new bricks for the interior layer that won't be seen (except maybe from inside), and they will build up a wall with the old bricks right outside of it.

Sadly, we haven't heard the end of Wrigley being "timeless" or "historic". The clowns that repeat that couldn't care less if the bleachers were renovated. The renovations look ridiculous, especially the trangular glass building with parking and restaurants. However, the media will say that the renovations are brilliant. They will say "This is what they should have done to Soldier Field." Live with it.

The fans will christen the new bleachers in no time. Shortly after first pitch on opening day they will be covered with urine, the same thing that made the rest of the park "historic".

TomBradley72
02-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Other parks have had brick pavers programs, but I can't think which ones. I see nothing wrong with it. If the Sox did something like this, I would be likely to buy a brick (though not for $160!).

Agreed. If the White Sox did it for the concourse or something like that...I'd do it in a heartbeat. My wife is from Michigan.....one of our wedding gifts was a brick from Comerica Park.

cheeses_h_rice
02-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Storied history? Every time I hear the cubs and their fans proclaim their storied history I want to reach for ... oh well never mind, this is a classy place.

Well, if you think about it, most of those Cubs' losses over the past 98 years are a story unto themselves.

itsnotrequired
02-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Well, if you think about it, most of those Cubs' losses over the past 98 years are a story unto themselves.

cheeses, I figured you would have worked the "thumbs up, brah" photo into one of your posts by now.:D:

Yorke97
02-01-2006, 05:09 PM
The Cubs aren't fleecing anyone here. It is like taking candy from a baby, but they aren't doing anything wrong in this case. Other parks have done the same thing. I know for a fact that PETCO Park had a brick pavers program. The whackos at PETA bought a brick and wrote "Break Open Your Cold Ones Toast The. Padres! Enjoy This Championship Organization". If you take the first letter of each word it spells "boycott Petco".

While it is common for other parks to do this, it is only common for new parks, where the money is being donated toward the building of that new stadium. But Wrigley isn't new, is it? Only a soul-less corporation like the Tribune could be so bold as to suggest yet another way for Cub fans to throw away their money. Try building a new team with that money, huh?

MarySwiss
02-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Oh. My. God.

Just when you think the Cubs lunacy has peaked....

Someone needs to remind these sheep that in most cases, when you have something written on a brick, you're under it!

TheOldRoman
02-01-2006, 05:28 PM
While it is common for other parks to do this, it is only common for new parks, where the money is being donated toward the building of that new stadium. But Wrigley isn't new, is it? Only a soul-less corporation like the Tribune could be so bold as to suggest yet another way for Cub fans to throw away their money. Try building a new team with that money, huh?
I dont know if it is only done for new parks. It might have been done in other places during renovations, I dont know. I believe that in some cases the money from the brick sales went to charities instead of the cost of the new park (Im not saying that is what the Cubs are doing). The money from the brick pavers is probably going to the cost of renovations. Isn't that the same as paying for the cost of a new park?

Either way, what is the big deal? They are selling something. They aren't doing anything immoral, they are just making money. This is something I thought about before. I imagined the Sox doing something like this eventually, though they probably wont now because the media would jump all over them for "copying the Cubs again". If the Sox were doing this, everyone on here would be thrilled with it. It is not a big deal.

Hangar18
02-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Hangar, why must you, in all your lunacy, force me to defend the Tribune?

1. They never said they were removing the outfield wall. The beatiful ivy covered walls in the field of play were not moved. They knocked down the exterior brick wall so they could build new bleachers.
2. They will still use the old bricks for the wall. When building an exterior brick wall, it is wise to use two layers. They used new bricks for the interior layer that won't be seen (except maybe from inside), and they will build up a wall with the old bricks right outside of it.

Adding bleachers & Destroying bleachers are two different things. The Cubs said they were RENOVATING the bleachers by simply adding a few new rows (so they could be "competitive") they were NOT supposed to tear out that back wall. The back wall is still considered part of the structure. If you note in the pics, theres a concrete base in place already, with the NEW bricks already in place. Thats your new wall. There wont be a 2nd wall. They knocked down the exterior brick wall so they could build Entirely New Bleachers. Big difference between "renovating" and "destroying".

"they will still use the old bricks for the wall". No they wont. Those bricks are mostly destroyed, but Do Look for them to surface quietly in a year or so ......probably online by the Tribune "buy a real brick from 'historic" Wrigley Field". Did you see the pictures Fenway posted? Those are all very brand new bricks. I Knew they were going to do that the second they put up Tarps and Hurried-as-fast-as-they-could to demolish the bleachers/outer wall. There was no ceremony or pomp-and-circumstance and was all done under cloud of secrecy.

When bricklayers are building a brick wall, they DONT use 2 separate layers of bricks. They'd be there twice as long on the job. What they use is the generic and much cheaper $$$ Cinder Blocks, which are twice the size of a brick and meant only to be used behind bricks/pre-cast concrete/pre-fab concrete panels. (remember our entire outfield concourse and infield was done cheaply with Cinder Blocks? yeccchhhhhhhhhh) The Trib also got permission to permanently make theirs, part of the sidewalk which is city of chicago property and considered a Right-of-way.

Try and expand your business a few feet onto the sidewalk in front of you and watch how Fast the City laughs at you.
The Trib pulled a fast one, and im sure are not happy we're talking about this right now. At least that dump isnt "historic" anymore.

woodenleg
02-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Each brick will be vetted and approved before being produced. No way somehing like that would ever be accepted.

It's like license plates - it invites practical jokers who relish the challenge of getting around the vetting process. I've heard stories about these bricks before - this is an invitation for trouble.

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Adding bleachers & Destroying bleachers are two different things. The Cubs said they were RENOVATING the bleachers by simply adding a few new rows (so they could be "competitive") they were NOT supposed to tear out that back wall. The back wall is still considered part of the structure. If you note in the pics, theres a concrete base in place already, with the NEW bricks already in place. Thats your new wall. There wont be a 2nd wall. They knocked down the exterior brick wall so they could build Entirely New Bleachers. Big difference between "renovating" and "destroying".

"they will still use the old bricks for the wall". No they wont. Those bricks are mostly destroyed, but Do Look for them to surface quietly in a year or so ......probably online by the Tribune "buy a real brick from 'historic" Wrigley Field". Did you see the pictures Fenway posted? Those are all very brand new bricks. I Knew they were going to do that the second they put up Tarps and Hurried-as-fast-as-they-could to demolish the bleachers/outer wall. There was no ceremony or pomp-and-circumstance and was all done under cloud of secrecy.

When bricklayers are building a brick wall, they DONT use 2 separate layers of bricks. They'd be there twice as long on the job. What they use is the generic and much cheaper $$$ Cinder Blocks, which are twice the size of a brick and meant only to be used behind bricks/pre-cast concrete/pre-fab concrete panels. (remember our entire outfield concourse and infield was done cheaply with Cinder Blocks? yeccchhhhhhhhhh) The Trib also got permission to permanently make theirs, part of the sidewalk which is city of chicago property and considered a Right-of-way.

Try and expand your business a few feet onto the sidewalk in front of you and watch how Fast the City laughs at you.
The Trib pulled a fast one, and im sure are not happy we're talking about this right now. At least that dump isnt "historic" anymore. And we should care about this because...??? :dunno:

Hangar18
02-01-2006, 05:36 PM
The money from the brick pavers is probably going to the cost of renovations. Isn't that the same as paying for the cost of a new park?

Either way, what is the big deal? They are selling something. They aren't doing anything immoral, they are just making money. This is something I thought about before. I imagined the Sox doing something like this eventually, though they probably wont now because the media would jump all over them for "copying the Cubs again". If the Sox were doing this, everyone on here would be thrilled with it. It is not a big deal.

We are poking fun at the Tribune Entertainment Corporation for selling bricks in the first place, in order to get the Sheep to part with their money. The money from the bricks is going right to the Cubs. Why not right? They need to stay "competitive". Look however where those new bricks are going? The Corporate Squatters will put the bricks onto all that New Land they Land-Grabbed very recently. Move over car-wash and donut shop ....your "history".

Hangar18
02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
And we should care about this because...??? :dunno:

because Old Roman defended the Tribune and said they were going to use the "old bricks" to re-construct the outerwall. The Tribune said they were adding bleachers to a building that has landmark status. What they did was demolish the bleachers and outer wall (arguably 1/2 the stadium) and rebuilt anew. were not buying it is all were saying.

back to regular scheduled programming

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2006, 05:42 PM
because Old Roman defended the Tribune and said they were going to use the "old bricks" to re-construct the outerwall. The Tribune said they were adding bleachers to a building that has landmark status. What they did was demolish the bleachers and outer wall (arguably 1/2 the stadium) and rebuilt anew. were not buying it is all were saying.

back to regular scheduled programmingI still don't see why any of us should care whether they use old bricks, new bricks or **** bricks.

Hangar18
02-01-2006, 05:46 PM
I still don't see why any of us should care whether they use old bricks, new bricks or **** bricks.

That dump is a landmark. You cant just destroy part of it so you can rebuild it. I care only because I notice the exceeding arrogance of that corporation to cut corners, and you know what? thats fine and im glad they did. They cant call that place "historic" anymore and the laughs on them

kevin57
02-01-2006, 05:52 PM
They cant call that place "historic" anymore and the laughs on them

Don't bet on this...and it will be accepted and honored as "historic" whatever the case. It's part of the myth, and once the myth dies............ :o:

TheOldRoman
02-01-2006, 05:57 PM

The Trib pulled a fast one, and im sure are not happy we're talking about this right now. At least that dump isnt "historic" anymore.
You are wrong about everything you said there.

Yes, builders do use cinderblocks behind bricks. However, the bricks you see there are part of a concourse. They are building a concourse under the bleachers, and you will see that wall from inside it. THAT is why they used bricks instead of cinderblocks. They will still build another wall outside.

The Cubs said from day one that they were BUILDING NEW BLEACHERS. They said they were "expanding". You don't just build on to a base of ****. When working on a 90 year old pile of crap, you rebuild what you can. There is no way in hell anyone would build extra rows onto a structure that old when that area can be easily replaced with new materials that are structurally sound. You are the only one who got the impression they were just adding a few rows. Everyone else is sane.

They never said they were not removing the exterior brick wall. They said from day one that it was part of the process. Besides, that wall was added in the 60's, I believe. It wasn't part of the original park (though almost nothing there now was there before the 30s. Nothing was done in a cloud of secrecy. At least you didn't throw out that "they put one by the city" nonsense again. Oh wait, I just saw it again.:rolleyes:

The Cubs didn't have "pomp and circumstance" about their renovations the last few years. When they added the new rows behind homeplate in 04 and down the rightfield line in 05, they didnt release sketches beforehand. They didn't make a big deal out of it like the Sox did. This is no different.

As for expanding onto the sidewalk, it isn't the first time the city (or any other city) made concessions to businesses. Remember, the city let Reinsdorf remove streets when building New Comiskey.

Hangar, you have reached a new low. You really need to get help. The Tribune Co. wont be able to hurt you when you are behind padded walls.

TheOldRoman
02-01-2006, 05:59 PM
That dump is a landmark. You cant just destroy part of it so you can rebuild it. I care only because I notice the exceeding arrogance of that corporation to cut corners, and you know what? thats fine and im glad they did. They cant call that place "historic" anymore and the laughs on themOnce again, LOOK AT SOLDIER FIELD. The Urinal is a hell of a lot closer to how it looked 15 years ago than Soldier Field is.
Yes, Soldier Field is a landmark.

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2006, 05:59 PM
That dump is a landmark. You cant just destroy part of it so you can rebuild it. I care only because I notice the exceeding arrogance of that corporation to cut corners, and you know what? thats fine and im glad they did. They cant call that place "historic" anymore and the laughs on themNo one but you cares if the bricks on the outside are new or old. They gutted 90% of Yankee Stadium before renovating, but it's still Yankee Stadium.

Wrigley will always be historic: It's the longest-standing park that's NEVER seen its team win a World Series. If you're going to make a big deal about something, make it something that matters.

TheOldRoman
02-01-2006, 06:03 PM
No one but you cares if the bricks on the outside are new or old. They gutted 90% of Yankee Stadium before renovating, but it's still Yankee Stadium.

Wrigley will always be historic: It's the longest-standing park that's NEVER seen its team win a World Series. If you're going to make a big deal about something, make it something that matters.
Yes, but they are putting one by the city! Can't you see they are lying?

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Yes, but they are putting one by the city! Can't you see they are lying?The concrete is falling down in chunks. Once that starts, it doesn't do anything but get worse. One day someone is going to get hurt, perhaps seriously, and then we really will care. But old bricks vs. new bricks?:rolleyes:

Fenway
02-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Oh. My. God.

Just when you think the Cubs lunacy has peaked....

Someone needs to remind these sheep that in most cases, when you have something written on a brick, you're under it!

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:0VWr6rGWFqPeiM:www.deadspin.com/archives/gravestone.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.deadspin.com/archives/gravestone.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.deadspin.com/sports/page-3/index.php&h=640&w=480&sz=87&tbnid=0VWr6rGWFqPeiM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=101&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgravestone%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26l r%3D)
HE NEVER SAW THE CUBS WIN

gr8mexico
02-01-2006, 07:20 PM
WHITE SOX
WORLD CHAMPIONS
2005 Hangar18 I would be glad to pitch in for that brick and i'm sure that others would. That would be the best. We have to do it.

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2006, 08:33 PM
So, to sum this thread up:

Can you believe the Cubs are selling bricks? How dumb do those Cubs fans have to be to shell out $160 for a brick? Let's buy one and put White Sox World Champions on it.

Did I miss anything?

TheOldRoman
02-01-2006, 08:41 PM
So, to sum this thread up:

Can you believe the Cubs are selling bricks? How dumb do those Cubs fans have to be to shell out $160 for a brick? Let's buy one and put White Sox World Champions on it.

Did I miss anything?
Yeah, Hangar uncovered the Trib's evil plan to take over the world.:cool:

gaelhound
02-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Hangar18 I would be glad to pitch in for that brick and i'm sure that others would. That would be the best. We have to do it.
Hey Fellows, lets take a little time to think about this. For $160 bucks we need to code in some immortal and rapier like insult that will sting and fester for decades to come. We need to select a message that even when we are not following our guys north, will pointedly add to the misery of every cub fan that strolls by our brick. A quote, a line, a date, that would have sinister supernatural powers that even cub fans who cannot even understand the message will be frightened and discouraged from ever returning to this urine soaked spot. This will be no mere brick, but an eternal
urinal cake that fills the nostrils of the clueless with dread and anxiety.

We can and must do this thing. This is an opportunity to muse, even years from now, about our cleverness. When you have the chance to mistreat cub fans, right in their temple, one cannot let this pass! Please count me in for a portion of the cost.

DenverSock
02-01-2006, 11:10 PM
My gawd it is like taking candy from a baby

https://secure.mlb.com/chc/images/fan_forum/581x100_brick_header2.gif

The Chicago Cubs are proud to pay tribute to the generations of fans who have supported the club over its storied history by giving you the opportunity to cement your allegiance to the Cubs through engraved bricks, which will be installed in areas around Wrigley Field.

This is a chance of a lifetime to preserve your favorite Wrigley Field moment, declare your loyalty or commemorate the day you became a Cubs fan. It is a living testament of one generation's legacy to the next. Create a lasting memory that you will be able to revisit with family and friends each time you return to Wrigley Field.

https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/fan_forum/brick_paver_form.jsp:rolling::rolling::roflmao::ro flmao:

They're paying for a commercial property?
:noevil:

TheDarkGundam
02-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Hey Fellows, lets take a little time to think about this. For $160 bucks we need to code in some immortal and rapier like insult that will sting and fester for decades to come. We need to select a message that even when we are not following our guys north, will pointedly add to the misery of every cub fan that strolls by our brick. A quote, a line, a date, that would have sinister supernatural powers that even cub fans who cannot even understand the message will be frightened and discouraged from ever returning to this urine soaked spot. This will be no mere brick, but an eternal
urinal cake that fills the nostrils of the clueless with dread and anxiety.

It would have to be something so incredibly clever, not even the Tribune would get it. But if they don't get it, it seems unlikely that cub fans will.

Cubs reserve the right to refuse printing any paver for any reason, including but not limited to requests that contain foul language, political statements, or any other inappropriate messages as determined by the Chicago Cubs in its sole and absolute discretion.

Here's my suggestion:
<teal>
Go Cubbies!
</teal>