PDA

View Full Version : Sox Army : put yourselves on this 'highly inaccurate' team fan area map!

woodenleg
02-01-2006, 08:21 AM
This purports to be a map that reflects the dominant sports team in a given area of the United States:

http://www.commoncensus.org/sports_map.php?sport=2

They do have the decency to admit that it is 'highly inaccurate'. I took a look at the site, and it is based on internet voting. My, how scientific. That must be why places like NW Indiana look -blue- (although it looks like someone in South Bend voted).

This thing is being circulated all over the place, so the least we can do is correct the situation.

itsnotrequired
02-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Bah, just more Under the Radar fodder.

SOecks
02-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Now I know where Rick Morrisey got his idea of 3-1 Cubs fans to Sox fans. He's such a tool.

Fenway
02-01-2006, 09:13 AM
The one thing about that map that leaps out at me is the support the Nationals have gotten in just one year.

Nothing else on it we don't already know. The White Sox hold their own in Chicagoland but the Flubs are strong downstate to Springfield and into Iowa.

woodenleg
02-01-2006, 09:52 AM
The one thing about that map that leaps out at me is the support the Nationals have gotten in just one year.

Nothing else on it we don't already know. The White Sox hold their own in Chicagoland but the Flubs are strong downstate to Springfield and into Iowa.

Well, according to this 'highly inaccurate' map, drawn from a self-selecting 'base', we have some significant outposts in Iowa!

No, it's not 'surprising', but we should be better represented in Indiana. I chalk that up to the nature of the poll.

Sure looks to me like one 'Domer' voted in South Bend.

miker
02-01-2006, 01:18 PM
...but the Flubs are strong downstate to Springfield and into Iowa.
So is inbreeding and bestiality..

Black Jack
02-02-2006, 01:44 AM
:rolling:

crazyozzie02
02-03-2006, 10:21 AM
The bottom line is that it doesnt really matter. Sox fans are to busy to care about something as trivial as this. We know were the champs, they know were the champs, the whole damn world knows were the champs. Thats the bottom line.

DaleJRFan
02-03-2006, 10:49 AM
all that this map shows is the Big BLue Corporate disease spreads quickly through the midwest. And that is all.