PDA

View Full Version : Comcast To Replay 3 Reg Season Games

kruzer31
01-31-2006, 11:13 PM
On the White Sox site, a post was made that comcast will replay 3 cubs games and 3 sox games from the regular season starting on Feb 13th and are calling it "Back to the Diamond". The Three Sox games will be the Dye walk off homer game vs ANA in May, the Crede walk off against CLE and the clincher game in DET. I was hopin they would replay the Dodger game with the AJ walk off in the 59 uniforms. Anyone else heard about this?

Jeff

SOX LA Mikey
01-31-2006, 11:34 PM
The AJ walkoff game was originally broadcast on WGN
I know because I tivo-ed it

ws05champs
01-31-2006, 11:39 PM
Good pick-up kruzer31.

Here are the details from the Comcast Web site:

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 7:00p LA Angels @ White Sox (D5/31/05)
Friday, February 17, 2006 - 7:00p Cleveland @ White Sox (D9/20/05)
Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 7:00p White Sox @ Detroit (D9/29/05)

On Feb. 13 they will be broadcasting a cubs game.

DumpJerry
01-31-2006, 11:41 PM
What's a cubs game?

FireMariotti
01-31-2006, 11:42 PM
I guess this means I get to hear

JOOOOE...........CREDE!!!!

One more time:D:

chisoxfanatic
01-31-2006, 11:52 PM
Will they also re-broadcast the pre and postgame shows much like they did the Holiday Celebration?

Garland_IS_God
01-31-2006, 11:53 PM
Good pick-up kruzer31.

Here are the details from the Comcast Web site:

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 7:00p LA Angels @ White Sox (D5/31/05)
Friday, February 17, 2006 - 7:00p Cleveland @ White Sox (D9/20/05)
Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 7:00p White Sox @ Detroit (D9/29/05)

Is that Feb 15th game a typo or is it the Angels game? I'd rather watch the Dodger game with the AJ walkoff.

chisoxfanatic
01-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Is that Feb 15th game a typo or is it the Angels game? I'd rather watch the Dodger game with the AJ walkoff.

I pretty much have come to the understanding that they selected games that were broadcasted on their own station. Since the AJ Walkoff game was on WGN, they don't own the rights to it. They're trying to do this without having to get someone's permission to air it.

TDog
02-01-2006, 12:39 AM
WGN will run three games the Sox lost.

Do I have to put that in teal? Should not the sarcasm be obvious?

TomBradley72
02-01-2006, 08:29 AM

Somber Replays....on Chicago's Own...Channel 9...

Hitmen77
02-01-2006, 08:56 AM

Plus camera shots of the stands from an hour before game time showing how "empty" the Cell is.

WhteSox725
02-01-2006, 09:05 AM

Which will happen to be the games the Cubs won over the Sox to show how "lucky" the Sox were to escape with the World Championship.

spiffie
02-01-2006, 10:44 AM
I guess this means I get to hear

JOOOOE...........CREDE!!!!

One more time:D:

I already heard it one more time...someone asked Hawk to do that at one of the seminars on Saturday at Soxfest...he freaking boomed it out like the ball had just been hit again.

Jerko
02-01-2006, 10:49 AM
On the White Sox site, a post was made that comcast will replay 3 cubs games and 3 sox games from the regular season starting on Feb 13th and are calling it "Back to the Diamond". The Three Sox games will be the Dye walk off homer game vs ANA in May, the Crede walk off against CLE and the clincher game in DET. I was hopin they would replay the Dodger game with the AJ walk off in the 59 uniforms. Anyone else heard about this?

Jeff

DAMMIT, you ruined the ending for me.

Medford Bobby
02-01-2006, 11:53 AM
:(: I'm sure the rest of us picking up Comcast sports around the country will have a TAPE blacked out..............:?:

Fake Chet Lemon
02-01-2006, 12:28 PM

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

SouthSideHitman
02-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Wasn't the May 31st game the Memorial Day game? If it was, that's a great game, I was there. Frank's return a big comeback in the bottom of the ninth capped by a Timo Perez game-winning single.

jdm2662
02-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Wasn't the May 31st game the Memorial Day game? If it was, that's a great game, I was there. Frank's return a big comeback in the bottom of the ninth capped by a Timo Perez game-winning single.

That game was the day before the Dye game. That game was also on WGN, so that's not a an option... Great game, too.

Garland_IS_God
02-01-2006, 12:58 PM
By chance, anybody own a copy of the Dodger game where AJ hit the walkoff? I was at that game and thought I recorded it but I guess I never set the VCR. If so, can I purchase a copy? I also been trying like hell to find the photo from Plaques Plus and they said they will call around and try to order it.

3rd_Gen_Sox_Fan
02-01-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm assuming they will be blacked out for those of us outside of Chicago, like the replays of the playoffs were. I was VERY disappointed about that. I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

Dolly
02-01-2006, 03:35 PM

Do I have to put that in teal? Should not the sarcasm be obvious?Not necessarily... I wouldn't put it past the Cubune Co. :rolleyes:

TheRedStapler
02-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I finally get to see the clincher.

The day they clinched was the day my son was born. :happybday

While in the hospital I sat through a Yankees/Red Sox game while my wife was sleeping. After this game the Sox game got blacked out at the hospital. I was a raving madmad with the nursing staff. Most were Sox fans so they understood. Grrrrrrrr.:angry:

I was forced to watch the game via the bottom line of ESPN2.

I wanted to have a copy of this for keepsake purposes.

Much appreciated.

chisoxmike
02-02-2006, 11:12 AM
By chance, anybody own a copy of the Dodger game where AJ hit the walkoff? I was at that game and thought I recorded it but I guess I never set the VCR. If so, can I purchase a copy?

Not here you can't. Thats called copyright infringement.

Garland_IS_God
02-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Not here you can't. Thats called copyright infringement.

True true. My apologies.

Iwritecode
02-02-2006, 01:02 PM

I remember that game. I've never been so angry after a win.

Tadahito commited a rare error to load the bases and Marte gave up a hit, a walk and the lead. :angry:

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Just a reminder to everyone that the Sox-Angels game from Memorial Day is airing on Comcast tonight, 7:00 PM.

IlliniSox4Life
02-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Just a reminder to everyone that the Sox-Angels game from Memorial Day is airing on Comcast tonight, 7:00 PM.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Was that Frank's first game back, the one with the Timo walk off hit? Just curious. Sorry to spoil it for anyone.

Brian26
02-15-2006, 05:29 PM
**SPOILER ALERT**

Was that Frank's first game back, the one with the Timo walk off hit? Just curious. Sorry to spoil it for anyone.

Yes, the Angels came back in the top of the 9th, and then Timo hit a tailing liner down the left field line to score two, with Willie coming across with the winning run.

anewman35
02-15-2006, 07:40 PM
**SPOILER ALERT**

No, that was the day before.

Wednesday, February 15
7:00 PM LA Angels at White Sox (from May 31; 5-4 Sox win; Dye walk-off HR; HD TELECAST)

Chisox003
02-15-2006, 08:05 PM

Wednesday, February 15
7:00 PM LA Angels at White Sox (from May 31; 5-4 Sox win; Dye walk-off HR; HD TELECAST)
I intend on watching every pitch of this thing

It's such a tease :(:

oeo
02-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Ah...finally baseball to watch, this is awesome.

HotelWhiteSox
02-15-2006, 08:15 PM
"Podsednik means 'mayor' in Russian"

Jerko
02-15-2006, 08:18 PM
2-1 Sox lead. YESSSSSSSSSSSS! I miss gameday threads.........

Brian26
02-15-2006, 08:32 PM

Wednesday, February 15

Ah- so they are showing the May 31st game. May 30 was Memorial Day (Frank's return and Timo's hit).

Chicago
02-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Look at all those 2006 season ticket holders

I'm just glad that for once I won't be at the opener but all the supporting fans will.

roylestillman
02-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Looks like on 5/31/05 there were plenty of good seats left on the bandwagon.

mantis1212
02-15-2006, 09:18 PM
It's great to hear Hawk's voice again.

Does anyone know which night the Crede walk-off is playing?

Jjav829
02-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Lackey is starting to heat up. I don't like our chances with only a 2-run lead. We better get some insurance runs. :redneck

Hitmen77
02-15-2006, 10:09 PM
It's great to hear Hawk's voice again.

Does anyone know which night the Crede walk-off is playing?

I believe it will be rebroadcast on Friday.

dcb56
02-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Look at all those 2006 season ticket holders

I'm just glad that for once I won't be at the opener but all the supporting fans will.

Yes, and I suppose all those new 2006 season ticket holders held a gun to your head and threatened to shoot if you went out and bought a plan of your own...

WOW, top of the 7th was the Juan Uribe show!

And to think this tool...:ass
...spent the better part of 04 blasting KW for dumping Aaron Miles to bring Uribe on board. Guess that must be par for the Basta Pasta course.

Hawk (after Pods got on base in the 7th), "Well, the pucker factor just went into effect here." :roflmao:

Chicago
02-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Yes, and I suppose all those new 2006 season ticket holders held a gun to your head and threatened to shoot if you went out and bought a plan of your own...

Let me guess... new ST holder... :rolleyes:

and if not then I guess your a "real" fan cause you had the money to front. SHHH

If you are a true fan my comment should not have upset you. Seems like you felt the need to defend yourself.

Not everyone has the money to purchase ST.

dcb56
02-15-2006, 10:52 PM

and if not then I guess your a "real" fan cause you had the money to front. SHHH

No, I've purchased Sox ticket plans prior to 2006.

dcb56
02-15-2006, 11:32 PM
If you are a true fan my comment should not have upset you. Seems like you felt the need to defend yourself.

Says the self-described loan officer... :rolleyes:

What upsets me is coming to this board every day and wading through all the poo spewed by those who cry foul and bitch at every turn becuase they didn't get the tickets they wanted even though it's been common knowledge for months how difficult getting tickets to premium games was going to be.

Don't cry poor with me, either, buddy. I don't make much money myself, yet I still found a way to make it work becuase I like baseball and love going to the park to watch the Sox play, and have since I was 10. I guess that makes me a lousy, bandwaggon jumping fan. Ozzie Plans with OD options started at 160, and no matter how much you make it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with such a princely sum to ensure that you can get into the game you really wanted to if it is really that important to you. Seems to me you just want access to all the best games without paying the price like everyone else has to...
:whatever:

bludupree
02-15-2006, 11:44 PM

And how many games did you plan on going to this year as a TRUE fan? You sound like you have been to at least opening day the last couple of years so you must have the money to go to one game. I'm sure you went to more than that. If you go to even 10 games a year then you are about half way to a 27-game package price-wise. I got a 27-game package and split it half-way with other people. We worked it out so we were able to have the games we wanted and the option to buy 2 extra opening day tickets.

Just because you didn't have the foresight to lock in tickets doesn't mean ST holders aren't true fans. I actually moved up from a 13-game to a 27 for the 2005 season so I would be guaranteed playoff tickets. It's called planning ahead.

Chicago
02-15-2006, 11:47 PM
So since you found away to make it work... ONCE AGAIN that makes you the real fan. Unless you know me or my financial situation/obligations you can not try to give me anything about not purchasing ST. I simply made a reply in teal regarding all the empty seats on todays rebroadcast. For some reason you are taking it really person and getting pretty upset. Now i don't know if you had a bad day today or if you just looked in your pants... but I don't have any intention of closing threads on this site. If you feel the need to continue this contact me off the site, my contacts are posted.

let the thread go back to what it was, today's rebroadcast. Instead of your own personal rant. :rolleyes:

Chicago
02-15-2006, 11:50 PM
And how many games did you plan on going to this year as a TRUE fan? You sound like you have been to at least opening day the last couple of years so you must have the money to go to one game. I'm sure you went to more than that. If you go to even 10 games a year then you are about half way to a 27-game package price-wise. I got a 27-game package and split it half-way with other people. We worked it out so we were able to have the games we wanted and the option to buy 2 extra opening day tickets.

Just because you didn't have the foresight to lock in tickets doesn't mean ST holders aren't true fans. I actually moved up from a 13-game to a 27 for the 2005 season so I would be guaranteed playoff tickets. It's called planning ahead.

Another one... let me clear this up for you... I average 20-25 games a year. Last time I checked I didn't have to prepurchase every game. That is why I was able to attend the games I have. As the dates approached, so did extra money. Starting to understand??? Tell me when I said all ST holders are not true fans??? Once again... feel free to contact off site if you would like to discuss this further.

gobears1987
02-15-2006, 11:53 PM
What's the over/under on how many more posts it takes until Chicago gets banned here? Either that or this thread goes to the ****house.

bludupree
02-15-2006, 11:56 PM
So since you found away to make it work... ONCE AGAIN that makes you the real fan. Unless you know me or my financial situation/obligations you can not try to give me anything about not purchasing ST. I simply made a reply in teal regarding all the empty seats on todays rebroadcast. For some reason you are taking it really person and getting pretty upset. Now i don't know if you had a bad day today or if you just looked in your pants... but I don't have any intention of closing threads on this site. If you feel the need to continue this contact me off the site, my contacts are posted.

let the thread go back to what it was, today's rebroadcast. Instead of your own personal rant. :rolleyes:

First of all I only posted once. That post was far from a rant and at no point did I express any anger at all. I was making a point that if you can't afford to go to games then you can't go and that is that, but if you can afford to commit to a modest amount of games before the season season starts then you have just as good a shot at those tickets as anyone else. No one wants to listen to people cry about economic classes and blame their "unfortunate financial positions" for not seeing the Sox play.

It is your own fault that you are not going to opening day.

By the way I do have a response to your little side comment but I think I'll keep low social class humor off the threads for now.

SoxSideIrish
02-16-2006, 04:37 AM

Don't you mean Chicago's new superstation, the CW?

SOXSINCE'70
02-16-2006, 07:05 AM

"Followed by 5 straight hours of 'This Old sCrUB'.":angry: :angry:

SoxFan928
02-16-2006, 01:46 PM
For those who are interested, CSN is apparently running the Angels game again at 1:00. I didn't see it posted anywhere else.

The Critic
02-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I will be watching on Friday night.
I remember feeling pretty terrible from that Monday game I attended the night before
JOE!!! CREEEEEDEEEEE!!!!
hit that game-winner!
That homer got me off the ledge, and I want to see it again!!!
:bandance:

koch44
02-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Sox vs. Indians is on Comcast right now.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-17-2006, 08:14 PM

Of course the sarcasm is obvious. It's also obvious that the Cubune would have Paul Sullivan write a story about the greatest defeats suffered by the 2005 Sox.

Plain obvious.
:wink:

Iwritecode
02-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Is everyone watching this? AJ is about to do the boone-walk.

:)

spongyfungy
02-17-2006, 09:48 PM

At first I was thinking the cocky Bret Boone walk then I remember the stepping on Aaron Booone's back.

proud to say I was at this game.

cheeses_h_rice
02-17-2006, 09:50 PM

:)

It's weird, I'd kind of forgotten about how important this game was 'til I watched tonight's replay and saw AJ stepping on Boone's back.

Is this the "Joe....Crede!" game, too?

Iwritecode
02-17-2006, 09:52 PM
It's weird, I'd kind of forgotten about how important this game was 'til I watched tonight's replay and saw AJ stepping on Boone's back.

I believe so. What's really horrible is the Sox lost the next game and thus lost the series 1-2.

itsnotrequired
02-17-2006, 11:05 PM

Don't forget that unreal throw by Uribe to end the 8th. Mercy!

flo-B-flo
02-17-2006, 11:15 PM

:) boone walk.....LOL!! :D:

flo-B-flo
02-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Don't forget that unreal throw by Uribe to end the 8th. Mercy! One of the plays of the season. When he made that real time I was just speechless. Watching it again, I see and feel why.

bafiarocks03
02-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Alright so who watched the replay that was on tonight!? anyone! HA! I was on tv! At the end, after Joe Joe's homer, they had the camera on the crowd, and you saw me! black jersey, big sign! ya! Hi, Me! then they showed us again right at the end before they cut away, and i was like pointing! Well we were on the JumboTron at that point, and ya! And all that wooooooo wooooooing you heard, I'm positive that was me!

Frankfan4life
02-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Alright so who watched the replay that was on tonight!? anyone! HA! I was on tv! At the end, after Joe Joe's homer, they had the camera on the crowd, and you saw me! black jersey, big sign! ya! Hi, Me! then they showed us again right at the end before they cut away, and i was like pointing! Well we were on the JumboTron at that point, and ya! And all that wooooooo wooooooing you heard, I'm positive that was me!I scream like that too. But, after taping the game and replaying the homerun, I never knew how annoying it can be when you hear it over and over again. Nevertheless, I love your enthusiasm. Keep up the good work! :smile:

IlliniSox4Life
02-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Am I the only one who watches these types of games and is still amazed when the player hits a walk off? It's just so beautiful it leaves me speachless every time. There's something about a walkoff homer that just looks so much more majestic than a regular home run. It seems to carry better. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

itsnotrequired
02-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Am I the only one who watches these types of games and is still amazed when the player hits a walk off? It's just so beautiful it leaves me speachless every time. There's something about a walkoff homer that just looks so much more majestic than a regular home run. It seems to carry better. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

It isn't just you.

:cool:

BeefyD
02-19-2006, 04:14 PM

No way is it just you. I was just watching my copy of a game against the Rangers 7/31/91, where Robin hit the walk-off grand slam. There is a hightened "respect" for it, if you can call it that. I guess because its more like a dagger in the heart of the opponent, to beat them with one mighty swing.
BTW, there was another thread about the time Big Hurt was bouncing Robin like he was burping a baby. That was this game.