PDA

View Full Version : Read this for some hilarious anger from Flub fans

cheeses_h_rice
01-31-2006, 05:48 PM
In response to Rick Morrissey's "Could Chicago become a Sox town" column...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-060131soxcubsboard,1,4222279.graffitiboard?coll=ch i-sportsnew-hed

7. It's amazing how one miraculous month makes everyone forget about 88 years. The Sox almost committed the worst choke job in baseball history and had the season been a week longer they probably would have. Congrats on your 2005 championship. You won't even make the playoffs next year.
Submitted by: Randicus79
4:35 PM CST, Jan 31, 2006

I guess this idiot didn't watch our B squad shut down the Jndjans that last 3-game series of the year, extending our lead to 6 games.

What a maroon. There are plenty other hilariously petty and jealous posts from Cub fans on there, with Sox fans giving it as good as they get. Good stuff.

MarySwiss
01-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Wow! Talk about pot/kettle! Cripes! You know what the definition of "almost choking" is, jerkface? WINNING THE WORLD SERIES, THAT'S WHAT!

Ya know, I actually thought--for about 1.5 seconds--about responding to that moronic Morrissey column, but decided that it just was not worth the trouble. Let the mediots and the "lovable loser" acolytes rave on. I'd rather be a fan of the "Wonderful World Champs."

In short, let me sum it all up in two words. Those who try to rain on our parade--the one with 1.7 million in attendance--can bite me.

DaleJRFan
01-31-2006, 06:09 PM
All of the Scrubs fans I work with that were wearing BoSox and Angels hats during the playoffs have completely changed their tunes. During the playoffs all I heard at work was "90% of your roster had career years" or "You guys got hot at the right time" or "The Angels and Astros laid down for you guys".

After months of abuse from this Sox fan, now they respond with "Jim Hendry sucks" or "Kenny Williams is a good GM" or "Us Cubs fans have no ground to stand on".

Cubs suck, Sox rule, end of discussion! :redneck

gr8mexico
01-31-2006, 06:17 PM
Quote:
7. It's amazing how one miraculous month makes everyone forget about 88 years. The Sox almost committed the worst choke job in baseball history and had the season been a week longer they probably would have. Congrats on your 2005 championship. You won't even make the playoffs next year.
4:35 PM CST, Jan 31, 2006 The funny part about this is that we went 11-1 in the playoffs so we could of been 10+ game ahead of the Indians if the season was a week longer. WOW some Cub fans are just plain DUMB!!!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

ChiSoxLifer
01-31-2006, 06:36 PM
I post as "Karl from L.A." Mostly to make comments to irritate the cubs fans.

TommyJohn
01-31-2006, 06:37 PM
In response to Rick Morrissey's "Could Chicago become a Sox town" column...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-060131soxcubsboard,1,4222279.graffitiboard?coll=ch i-sportsnew-hed

I guess this idiot didn't watch our B squad shut down the Jndjans that last 3-game series of the year, extending our lead to 6 games.

What a maroon. There are plenty other hilariously petty and jealous posts from Cub fans on there, with Sox fans giving it as good as they get. Good stuff.

They may have "almost" pulled off the biggest choke job in history, but
they did not. That honor goes to the 2003 Cubs. Or the 1984 Cubs. Or the
1969 Cubs. Hell, take your pick.

Fenway
01-31-2006, 06:41 PM
get voting guys

Will Chicago ever become a Sox town?

http://www.chicagotribune.com:/images/standard/red.gif 39.3%
Yes, but it will take a while (3755 responses)

http://www.chicagotribune.com:/images/standard/red.gif 60.7%
It'll never happen (5795 responses)

9550 total responses
(Poll results not scientific)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/graphic/2005-12/20850906.gifWill Chicago ever be a Sox town? (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-060130morrisseypoll,1,1474346.poll?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed)

SouthSide_HitMen
01-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Anyone notice this :redneck quote?

3. Wait until you see the trophy I'll hoist up in Wrigley. Made it out of hypodermic needles outside of the cell. Sox rule!
Submitted by: HANGAR18
5:00 PM CST, Jan 31, 2006

fusillirob1983
01-31-2006, 06:56 PM
get voting guys

9550 total responses

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/graphic/2005-12/20850906.gifWill Chicago ever be a Sox town? (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-060130morrisseypoll,1,1474346.poll?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed)

Neither choice is very good. Who's to say it'll take a while?

MarySwiss
01-31-2006, 06:59 PM
get voting guys

9550 total responses

Fens, the choices are too narrow. As far as I am concerned, it always has been a Sox town; the tourists who populate the Urinal simply do not count. And that was certainly reinforced by the parade/rally response. Are the people who keep coming up with this [garbage] insane or just blinded by their own stupidity?

Chisox003
01-31-2006, 07:03 PM
:puking:

The...."Flubs"....? Who is this foreign squadron of which you speak?

Fenway
01-31-2006, 07:14 PM
:puking:

The...."Flubs"....? Who is this foreign squadron of which you speak?

some baseball team

this is their manager
http://www.cataumet.net/carolyn5/flubs.gif

DumpJerry
01-31-2006, 07:24 PM
All I have to say is:
Look at my sig.

cheeses_h_rice
01-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Anyone notice this :redneck quote?

I guess some Blue Rock loser has been reading WSI and trying to make a funny.

:rolleyes:

SOXintheBURGH
01-31-2006, 07:34 PM
55. Soxx fans are just jealous that we got Carrie Woods and all his 20-win seasons under our collective belts.
Submitted by: Joe the Cub Fan

I like that one the best for some reason. :tongue:

skobabe8
01-31-2006, 07:37 PM
I post as "Karl from L.A." Mostly to make comments to irritate the cubs fans.

I was just reading your post that said "spend your energy on the trib, not Sox fans." That was great!

JohnBasedowYoda
01-31-2006, 07:53 PM
I want the Sox and nubs rivalry to errupt into open street fighting.

Anyone see the XBOX 360 commercial where the whole city is engaged in one huge water balloon fight?

SoxSpeed22
01-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

MarySwiss
01-31-2006, 08:14 PM
55. Soxx fans are just jealous that we got Carrie Woods and all his 20-win seasons under our collective belts.

Is that how it really read? If so, :gulp:

jackbrohamer
01-31-2006, 08:17 PM
They may have "almost" pulled off the biggest choke job in history, but they did not. That honor goes to the 2003 Cubs. Or the 1984 Cubs. Or the 1969 Cubs. Hell, take your pick.

Don't forget the 2004 Cub choke, it was a jewel. IIRC they lost a 10+ game wild card lead with about 5 weeks left, then lost every game the last week. Except the last one, after they were eliminated.

Stoky44
01-31-2006, 08:23 PM
Choke job = 99 wins and best record in AL I guess. If the season was a week longer we would have had the best record in MLB.

chisoxfanatic
01-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Last time I checked, Chicago HAS been a Sox town. The attendance numbers here have been historically cyclical. In eras such as the Go Go Sox, as well as the Winning Ugly era, you'd have constant sellouts at Comiskey, while you couldn't even pay a fan to go to the Shrine. The historic numbers are pretty even.

And, didn't Chicago look like a SOX town this past October??? Looks like some people are trying to grab at straws when thinking of things to say negatively about the superior baseball team in this city!

cheeses_h_rice
01-31-2006, 09:52 PM

:redface:

:wink:

Vernam
01-31-2006, 09:59 PM
I want the Sox and nubs rivalry to errupt into open street fighting.

Anyone see the XBOX 360 commercial where the whole city is engaged in one huge water balloon fight?In civil societies, sports take the place of tribal warfare, or so I've always thought. The Sox-Cubs rivalry is the only one I've seen up-close, and I doubt there's any in baseball that is more intense, just because of the proximity.

The whole class aspect is mind-boggling, almost scary. I've been toning down my rhetoric since my kids started choosing their friends (and enemies) based on Sox or Cub loyalty. :tongue: But restraint doesn't come easily when Cub fans are making such asses of themselves since the Sox' championship. I honestly think the sight of us during the rally occupying the land just south of the Wrigley Building and Tribune Tower was too much for some of them to bear -- they're blatantly abandonning reason. Next year, let's have the rally over by Water Tower Place!

Vernam

AnkleSox
01-31-2006, 10:24 PM
"It's funny how much B.S. Sox fans talk after winning the WS for the first time since Woodrow Wilson was president. Now, they have as many WS wins as the Cubs. More recent, maybe, but the past is still past.
Submitted by: Northside Jimmy
4:59 PM CST, Jan 31, 2006"

Typical cubs fan. The Sox now have THREE WS Championships. The Cubs have TWO. And both of those came long before the Sox most recent two, and after having lost to the Sox in the only crosstown world series Chicago has ever seen.

Tragg
01-31-2006, 10:39 PM
Somebody give Randicus79 a Beaniebaby; or maybe an autographed picture of Mia Hamm. He needs some love.

TommyJohn
01-31-2006, 10:41 PM
"It's funny how much B.S. Sox fans talk after winning the WS for the first time since Woodrow Wilson was president. Now, they have as many WS wins as the Cubs. More recent, maybe, but the past is still past.

Typical cubs fan. The Sox now have THREE WS Championships. The Cubs have TWO. And both of those came long before the Sox most recent two, and after having lost to the Sox in the only crosstown world series Chicago has ever seen.

Not only that, but the Sox have won 3 of 5, the Cubs 2 of 10. But seriously,
allowing this to get to you is a waste of energy. They're jealous idiots.
Period.

I want Mags back
01-31-2006, 10:46 PM
"25. It's funny how much B.S. Sox fans talk after winning the WS for the first time since Woodrow Wilson was president. Now, they have as many WS wins as the Cubs. More recent, maybe, but the past is still past.

if only cub fans could do addition

1906+1917+2005= 3

1907+1908= 2

what a ****in dumb ass

buehrle4cy05
01-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Let's see...Clubs who finished 4th in their divisions last year:
Baltimore Orioles
Detroit Tigers
Seattle Mariners
New York Mets
Chicago Cubs
Los Angeles Dodgers

TEAMS THAT FINISHED FIRST AND WON THE WORLD SERIES:
Chicago White Sox.

ChiSoxGirl
01-31-2006, 10:54 PM
When asking me about SoxFest this past weekend, I had a couple teachers start in on me yesterday at lunch about how the Sox haven't done or proven anything until they go back-to-back with their World Series titles! I was repeatedly told that the Cubs have won more Championships than the Sox! :?: Um... last time I checked, we've logged 3- 1906, 1917, 2005- and they've logged their 2- 1907 & 1908. I had thoughts of going toe-to-toe with a couple of them by rattling off some more numbers and stats, but figured it just wasn't worth it. All they need to do is come to my classroom and take note of all the World Series Champions stuff I have hanging up and that'll speak volumes. It's all a matter of envy on their part, anyway.

buehrle4cy05
01-31-2006, 10:56 PM
72. Who cares? Honestly, if Cub fans still get any satisfaction out if the fact that it's a Cub town, that's pitiful. At least I can get my satisfaction knowing the White Sox accomplished something by winning the World Series.
Submitted by: JJ

:bandance:That's me.

SOXPHILE
01-31-2006, 10:57 PM
Quote: 7. It's amazing how one miraculous month makes everyone forget about 88 years. The Sox almost committed the worst choke job in baseball history and had the season been a week longer they probably would have. Congrats on your 2005 championship. You won't even make the playoffs next year.

"But..but..if...if...suppose....if only....." I always crack up whenever I hear a phrase like that tossed around in any sport. "If the [baseball, football, basketball, hockey] season were to have [ended today, gone a week longer, been 3 weeks shorter etc.], then your team wouldn't have (or my team would have) gone to the playoffs, won so many games, been world champs. Well, guess what, brain donor Cub fans ? The baseball season is 162 games, and has been for over 30 years now. The White Sox played the required amount of games that constitute a major league season, and so did the Cubs. Guess who won the championship ? Hey, look, I can play your little game too: If the season had gone a week longer, the Cubs would have been 7 games under .500, instead of just 4. If the season had ended August 1, the White Sox would have won the division by 15 games. If the 2003 season had ended in August of that year, the Sox would have won the division. If the 2003 season had ended a week early, the Cubs would have missed the playoffs. See ? It's easy. Quite dealing with hypotheticals, "what ifs," and "if only's". Welcome to reality. The Chicago White Sox are the 2005 World Series Champions. The Cubs, after further review, still suck. Have fun swallowing that fact, and continuing to wallow in your own misery and depression. Have a nice day !

santo=dorf
01-31-2006, 11:06 PM
get voting guys

9550 total responses

Ah yes, another "Heads, I win. Tails, you lose." poll from the Cubune. I watched these goofs try to discuss this lame poll on Tribune tonight, and they said they didnt know how to determine whose town this is.

ChiSoxLifer
01-31-2006, 11:30 PM
84. If Cubs fans put this much energy and anger towards the Trib. Co. maybe the Trib would actually do something about it. You're just wasting time being angry at the Sox and their fans. Get mad at me all you want. I can't make your team better.
Submitted by: Karl from L.A.

areilly
02-01-2006, 12:31 AM
I'm gonna forego any attempts at classiness or taking the high road and instead will just say this right now...

There will be fewer moments this summer more enjoyable for me than during either of the crosstown series when the deafening roar of the White Sox army comes out in full force:

NINE-TEEN-O-EIGHT!!!
(thud thud thudthudthud)
NINE-TEEN-O-EIGHT!!!
(thud thud thudthudthud)

Chisox003
02-01-2006, 01:04 AM
I'm gonna forego any attempts at classiness or taking the high road and instead will just say this right now...

There will be fewer moments this summer more enjoyable for me than during either of the crosstown series when the deafening roar of the White Sox army comes out in full force:

NINE-TEEN-O-EIGHT!!!
(thud thud thudthudthud)
NINE-TEEN-O-EIGHT!!!
(thud thud thudthudthud)

How bout: WE-WANNA-RE-PEAT instead?

IlliniSox4Life
02-01-2006, 01:48 AM
Quote: 7. It's amazing how one miraculous month makes everyone forget about 88 years. The Sox almost committed the worst choke job in baseball history and had the season been a week longer they probably would have. Congrats on your 2005 championship. You won't even make the playoffs next year.

All I have to say is this:
-What? It's amazing how stupid people forget they are the ones that apply the tag "losers" to their own franchise, and then they start bringing up how we haven't won a WS in so long? Does this even make sense?

-The season WAS a week longer for the Sox. If I recall correctly, the Sox continued playing after the first 162 games were done, and if I recall correctly again, they didn't lose any of those games.

Mercy.

Realist
02-01-2006, 01:52 AM

NINE-TEEN-O-EIGHT!!!
(thud thud thudthudthud)
NINE-TEEN-O-EIGHT!!!
(thud thud thudthudthud)

That's just plain old down right mean and nasty. Count me in.

Realist
02-01-2006, 01:53 AM

Not instead - in addition to. There's gonna be 6 games and there'll be plenty of time to do plenty of chants. Count me in for this one too.

SOecks
02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
It's so funny how they change their tune now and say we "have to repeat" to make it count. If I remember correctly, they can't get ONE. Why the hell do we need to do it twice in a row to make it count? Sooooo bitter. I thought our championship was going to cool the rivalry down a lot, but it looks like it's just going to get meaner and nastier. Bring it on, the Army is ready!!!

DaleJRFan
02-01-2006, 10:13 AM
:hijacked: a somewhat related topic, but not really... Does anyone else think it is completely kick ass that when you click on "White Sox Interactive Forums" from the WSI homepage, one of the first things you notice is the "World Series Game 4" thread in the game forum???

spawn
02-01-2006, 10:19 AM

I had to laugh after reading that one. The Sox "almost" choked...But they didn't. We'll leave choking to the Flubs...it's what they excel at. Funny, he doesn't mention being 5 outs away from the Series and, at the time, pulling off one of the biggest choke jobs in MLB history.

And one miraculous month making everyone forget about 88 years...Well, that's what winning a World Championship will do. The Cubs should try it sometime. After all, they're pushing the century mark now, aren't they? :wink:

ChiSoxGirl
02-01-2006, 10:25 AM
The Sox "almost" choked...But they didn't.

And in October of 2003, the Cubs "almost" went to the World Series... But they didn't! See, "almost" works both ways, Cub fans! :bandance:

chisoxfanatic
02-01-2006, 10:47 AM
It's so funny how they change their tune now and say we "have to repeat" to make it count. If I remember correctly, they can't get ONE. Why the hell do we need to do it twice in a row to make it count?

A Cub fan collegue of mine keeps on bringing up the fact that the Sox have yet to win 2 World Series in a row, while the Cubs did it in 1907-1908. I then inform him that those are the only 2 World Series titles the Cubs have, while the Sox have 3 including the most recent one, as well as one over his pathetic excuse for a franchise.

Cub fans are idiots, I'll tell ya!!!

Fenway
02-01-2006, 10:52 AM
A Cub fan collegue of mine keeps on bringing up the fact that the Sox have yet to win 2 World Series in a row, while the Cubs did it in 1907-1908. I then inform him that those are the only 2 World Series titles the Cubs have, while the Sox have 3 including the most recent one, as well as one over his pathetic excuse for a franchise.

Even back then Cubs fans were weird

As the 1907 World Series progressed the crowds in Chicago got smaller
(maybe they were upset the Cubs didn't offer refunds after Game 1 was a tie)

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/ws/yr1907ws.shtml

palehozenychicty
02-01-2006, 11:29 AM

Trust me, 1908 will sound as good, if not better.

FarWestChicago
02-01-2006, 12:56 PM
As the 1907 World Series progressed the crowds in Chicago got smaller (maybe they were upset the Cubs didn't offer refunds after Game 1 was a tie):tool

I'm a big fan of tie games!

Dan Mega
02-01-2006, 01:15 PM
I won't waste my time with the Flubs fans.

I'll worry about my own team, the White Sox.

Iwritecode
02-01-2006, 03:27 PM

I didn't feel like making this a new thread so I'll just post it here. I was browsing the troll boards (yes I was bored) and came across this gem:

If people are going to be a fan of a losing team in Chicago, I promise you it will be the cubs.

What makes this hilarious is that it was a Cubs fan trying to defend all the bandwagon fans that still show up to watch a losing team.

RichFitztightly
02-01-2006, 03:50 PM
The Sox "almost" choked...But they didn't.

Yeah, I almost fell on my face this morning, but I put my other foot down and started walking.

It's like the cop who pulled my buddy over for "almost rolling through that stop sign back there." (true story)

RadioheadRocks
02-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Just by the mere fact that this poll was even created proves my point that Cub fans are shaking in their collective boots at the prospect of "losing THEIR city" to the White Sox.

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2006, 04:19 PM
If people are going to be a fan of a losing team in Chicago, I promise you it will be the cubs.Since there is only ONE losing baseball team in Chicago, this is pretty much a given, isn't it?

likeawarlord
02-02-2006, 12:41 AM
Since there is only ONE losing baseball team in Chicago, this is pretty much a given, isn't it?

my thoughts exactly.

Realist
02-03-2006, 04:49 PM

NINE-TEEN-O-EIGHT!!!
(thud thud thudthudthud)
NINE-TEEN-O-EIGHT!!!
(thud thud thudthudthud)

WHO'S YOUR DAH-HDDY?!?
(thud thud thudthudthud)
WHO'S YOUR DAH-HDDY?!?
(thud thud thudthudthud)

Something tells me not many Cubs fans are going to making the trip to the Cell for the 3 games the Sox and Cubs are going to be playing there this year.

thomas35forever
02-03-2006, 05:58 PM
All of the Scrubs fans I work with that were wearing BoSox and Angels hats during the playoffs have completely changed their tunes. During the playoffs all I heard at work was "90% of your roster had career years" or "You guys got hot at the right time" or "The Angels and Astros laid down for you guys".

When we were playing the Red Sox, this one kid kept on saying "BIG...PAPI!" to me everyday. I only have one thing to say to all those Cubbie fan losers who rooted against us in the playoffs: "Guess what? Papi couldn't do anything to us!!!!!! Neither could Manny or Guerrero!!!! And any pitching the other team had, it was powerless against us! So you better get used to the fact that the Sox rule this city as any champion would!!!!!!!!!!!":D:

MarySwiss
02-03-2006, 06:01 PM

NINE-TEEN-O-EIGHT!!!
(thud thud thudthudthud)
NINE-TEEN-O-EIGHT!!!
(thud thud thudthudthud)

Wow, I suddenly realized that I will be at the first Sox/Cubs game of 2006. In Tucson. On May 18. Soooo......

Dan H
02-04-2006, 09:52 AM
They may have "almost" pulled off the biggest choke job in history, but
they did not. That honor goes to the 2003 Cubs. Or the 1984 Cubs. Or the
1969 Cubs. Hell, take your pick.

Great post. Almost is the most used word in the Cub fans vocabulary. Almost won in '84, 89, and '03. 1969 was just a plain nightmare for them.

The biggest thing the White Sox did for their fans was wipe away all the past disappoinments. As we approach the '06 season, we don't have to worry about something going wrong. We have the World Championship that we have wanted for so long and nothing can change that.

I can only say this to Cub fans: Compare the memories. Juan Uribe leaping into the stands to catch a foul, or poor Bartman fearing for his life because of foul ball coming into the stands his way. What memory would you prefer? What tradition do you want?

The White Sox are champions until someone knocks them off. The Cubs still don't know that feeling, and they may hit the century mark before they do. Meanwhile almost is all they have along with their petty jealousy. I hope their attendance championships keep them warm during the winter.

tick53
02-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Regarding comment #58 by Steve. He said Chicago would go insane and
the city would probably burn. Is that how Cub fans celebrate by burning
the most beautiful city in America?:angry:

Sox Fans be proud!!! Over 2 million at the parade and rally and not one
violent incident. That says a lot for us. Riots and looting are commonplace
in other cities when their teams win any championship. The Sox wait 88
years and celebrate the way fans EVERYWHERE should.

I'm proud to call myself a Sox fan...:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :(:
5 and 1 with me in 2005 attendance........................................ .

DeadMoney
02-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Wow, I suddenly realized that I will be at the first Sox/Cubs game of 2006. In Tucson. On May 18. Soooo......

As will I, hmmmmm....... :D:

TheDarkGundam
02-04-2006, 09:40 PM
WHO'S YOUR DAH-HDDY?!?
(thud thud thudthudthud)
WHO'S YOUR DAH-HDDY?!?
(thud thud thudthudthud)

Here's one we use at my HS when playing our very own crosstown rivals:

THIS IS OUR TOWN!
(thud thud thudthudthud)
THIS IS OUR TOWN!
(thud thud thudthudthud)