PDA

View Full Version : The Sporting news


Daver
01-05-2002, 06:57 PM
Gives it's veiws on the White Sox for next season.

http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/teams/whitesox/

Jerry_Manuel
01-05-2002, 07:15 PM
The G.M. is being forced to watch the bottom line after the team lost an estimated $10 million last season.

<cough>bull****<cough>

Daver
01-05-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


<cough>bull****<cough>

Are you trying to imply that what was written is somewhat less than the truth JM?

Jerry_Manuel
01-05-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by daver
Are you trying to imply that what was written is somewhat less than the truth JM?

Yes I am Daver.

duke of dorwood
01-05-2002, 10:12 PM
:moron

And I am the voice of Sporting News Radio

WinningUgly!
01-05-2002, 10:17 PM
But with the AL Central title well within reach after the Indians started slashing payroll, chairman Jerry Reinsdorf might give Williams the green light to do some more spending . . . .

Yeah & The Angels' Rally Monkey might fly outta my a$$ too... :D:

Jerry_Manuel
01-05-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Yeah & The Angels' Rally Monkey might fly outta my a$$ too... :D:

If they can get Erstad he'll open up the wallet.

Daver
01-05-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


If they can get Erstad he'll open up the wallet.

Erstad would be a good addition to this team,and would allow Borchard to play a corner outfeild position,where he is better suited to play.But what it costs in players is the real question.

Jerry_Manuel
01-05-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by daver
Erstad would be a good addition to this team,and would allow Borchard to play a corner outfeild position,where he is better suited to play.But what it costs in players is the real question.

I think Williams will try to deal for him again. If they can't make a deal, they'll go after him after the season when he is a free agent. Unless he inks a new deal with the team that trades for him.

Daver
01-05-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


I think Williams will try to deal for him again. If they can't make a deal, they'll go after him after the season when he is a free agent. Unless he inks a new deal with the team that trades for him.

With Tavarez gone I am sure that KW will restart trade talks with Anaheim,they got pounded by the National media for not taking the original deal.

CLR01
01-05-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by daver


With Tavarez gone I am sure that KW will restart trade talks with Anaheim,they got pounded by the National media for not taking the original deal.

"Okay since you didn't like the last offer, ths time we will give you, Frank, Maggs, Burly, Rauch, that Borchard guy, and a first round draft pick in each of the next 3 years."


:KW

Jerry_Manuel
01-05-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by daver
With Tavarez gone I am sure that KW will restart trade talks with Anaheim,they got pounded by the National media for not taking the original deal.

I hope he does, we can use a guy like Erstad. Hopefully this time around he holds on to Garland.

Daver
01-05-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by CLR01


"Okay since you didn't like the last offer, ths time we will give you, Frank, Maggs, Burly, Rauch, that Borchard guy, and a first round draft pick in each of the next 3 years."


Actually I think it will be more like C.Lee,Chris Singleton,and future considerations.
Nothing that this team can't afford to give up.

:)

WinningUgly!
01-05-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by CLR01


"Okay since you didn't like the last offer, ths time we will give you, Frank, Maggs, Burly, Rauch, that Borchard guy, and a first round draft pick in each of the next 3 years."



:KW
"I better throw in Konerko & Foulke too, just to be safe."

CLR01
01-06-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by daver


Actually I think it will be more like C.Lee,Chris Singleton,and future considerations.
Nothing that this team can't afford to give up.

:)


No this is KW we are talking about, he will do it my way instead, and ofcourse we will end up with some guy name Ernest as well.

Daver
01-06-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by CLR01



No this is KW we are talking about, he will do it my way instead, and ofcourse we will end up with some guy name Ernest as well.

It's me ,it's me,it's Ernest T.

Sorry couldn't turn down the Mayberry RFD reference.

Soxheads
01-06-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by daver


Actually I think it will be more like C.Lee,Chris Singleton,and future considerations.
Nothing that this team can't afford to give up.

:)

I like that plan...........

bc2k
01-06-2002, 02:20 AM
I can't wait until the season starts so we can have some real topics to discuss. Or at least spring training. I think this will be a very exciting ST. Many men coming back from surguries, minor leaguers fighting for a spot; Liefer, Borchard, Crede, Porzio who the tribune says might be this years buehrle, maybe josh paul will show up, and of course the continuation of the rowand/singleton fight for cf. Will Clayton be traded to give valentins spot back. Will lee learn to catch or be traded? This upcoming spring training will be better than the last couple of years entertainment wise. I can't wait until march.

Jerry_Manuel
01-06-2002, 02:38 AM
I can't wait until the season starts so we can have some real topics to discuss.

I hope your interested in labor talks. That's the only kind of topics that will be around here when March rolls in.

I think this will be a very exciting ST. Many men coming back from surguries, minor leaguers fighting for a spot; Liefer, Borchard, Crede, Porzio who the tribune says might be this years buehrle, maybe josh paul will show up, and of course the continuation of the rowand/singleton fight for cf.

Liefer has a spot. Borchard would have to hit about .700 to make the team. Crede won't make the team again. Sadly Josh Paul will show up. I'll take my chances with Mark Johnson thank you very much. Rowand should be the starter but I still want to see him and Chris battle.

Will Clayton be traded to give valentins spot back.

LOL!!! Nobody wants Royce. Valentin will be starting at 3rd.

Will lee learn to catch or be traded?

Lee can catch the ball he just takes bad routes to the ball.