PDA

View Full Version : Sox hotel in Cincinnati?

Cat Thief
01-31-2006, 12:00 PM
I am trying to plan a trip to Cedar Point and down to Great American Ballpark in June when the Sox are there. Is there anyway of finding out what hotel the team will be at?

Scottiehaswheels
01-31-2006, 12:01 PM
I am trying to plan a trip to Cedar Point and down to Great American Ballpark in June when the Sox are there. Is there anyway of finding out where they are going to stay?

Check the media guide... it usually says where the teams stay in each city

Cat Thief
01-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Check the media guide... it usually says where the teams stay in each city

Is there a new media guide out? How do I get it?

Scottiehaswheels
01-31-2006, 12:13 PM
Is there a new media guide out? How do I get it? Fraid I don't know... I do know however that they tend to stay in the most expensive place... at least that was the case in Houston/KC/Detroit/Colorado last year

santo=dorf
01-31-2006, 12:48 PM
According to the Reds' board, visiting teams stay at the Westin on E. 5th St.

Cat Thief
01-31-2006, 12:55 PM

Thanks.

skottyj242
01-31-2006, 01:06 PM
There's a Hilton I believe right across the river in Kentucky that's pretty dang nice.

bayzbol44
01-31-2006, 01:06 PM
See you there Cat Thief. I am going also.

Cat Thief
01-31-2006, 01:09 PM

$309 a night and I need 2 rooms. LOL

Looks like the Days Inn for us.

Cat Thief
01-31-2006, 01:11 PM
See you there Cat Thief. I am going also.

Interested?

Could we get 24 people together? We could get a party suite for $73 per person. Includes:

Game tickets
Catered buffet
Unlimited soda
Two beers per ticket
Scoreboard recognition
Climate-controlled area
TV monitors
Exclusive catering staff
Outdoor stadium-style padded seats
Tables and chairs
Bar rails and chairs
Private restrooms

Im looking at the Fri Jun 16th game. I'm good for 6 tickets. 18 more?

Scottiehaswheels
01-31-2006, 01:12 PM

LOL told ya they pick the most expensive place in town... I recommend either the Omni or the Millenium.... 150-160 a night... maybe priceline em

santo=dorf
01-31-2006, 03:11 PM

:reinsy
"I told you we were going to be a first class organization."

One of the other posters said he was able to get a room there for $49 through priceline.com :?:

BarbG
01-31-2006, 03:55 PM
Kings island has great coasters and is a lot less crowded and less expensive than Cedar Point. And it's only a half hour from Great American Ballpark.

It was awfully nice for them to schedule the Sox/Reds games during the week we spend there every year anyway! Just don't know how many are going yet.

Cat Thief
01-31-2006, 04:00 PM
We are doing a couple days in Cedar Point then driving down to see the game and then Kings Island on Sat.

bayzbol44
02-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Interested?

Could we get 24 people together? We could get a party suite for $73 per person. Includes:

Game tickets
Catered buffet
Unlimited soda
Two beers per ticket
Scoreboard recognition
Climate-controlled area
TV monitors
Exclusive catering staff
Outdoor stadium-style padded seats
Tables and chairs
Bar rails and chairs
Private restrooms

Im looking at the Fri Jun 16th game. I'm good for 6 tickets. 18 more?

That sounds good. I am only good for 2 people. As of right now, we will be there for all 3 games.

Jaffar
02-01-2006, 07:48 AM
As far as booking a hotel go through Hotwire. They are one of those where you pick a specific area and how many stars and they give you a price without knowing which hotel (they tell you what hotels are in each star group). I booked a 3.5 star on the magnificent mile in chicago for $83 and it turned out to be the Sheraton when sites like hotels.com and travelocity were $140 for the same room.

Cat Thief
02-01-2006, 08:17 AM
That sounds good. I am only good for 2 people. As of right now, we will be there for all 3 games.

Cool.

14 tickets accounted for. 10 more people and this might work. I will email the Reds and make sure this is available!

jenn2080
02-01-2006, 11:07 AM
I have used Hotwire for everytrip I have went on. I have had some really nice hotels. I have stayed at the Drake in SF, Millenium in NYC Midtown, Sheraton, Radisson, and a few others. I just checked Hotwire last night for the Cinci series and hotels start at about $45 the most was 200 a night and that was for a five star hotel. Going to have drinks at the Westin sounds a lot cheaper then 309 a night.

kravdog
02-01-2006, 11:55 AM
damn, im going to be at saturday & sunday games...just cant take off work for the suite on Friday..

on the other hand, i will probably have 6-8 people each day on sat & sunday

bayzbol44
02-01-2006, 12:14 PM
I have used Hotwire for everytrip I have went on. I have had some really nice hotels. I have stayed at the Drake in SF, Millenium in NYC Midtown, Sheraton, Radisson, and a few others. I just checked Hotwire last night for the Cinci series and hotels start at about $45 the most was 200 a night and that was for a five star hotel. Going to have drinks at the Westin sounds a lot cheaper then 309 a night.

What a great idea! Drinking party at the Westin after the Saturday and Sunday games!

kravdog
02-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Cinci tickets go on sale at 9:30 on Feb 18th...

PINWHEELS
02-01-2006, 07:01 PM
There's a nice sportsbar in the lobby of that Westin Hotel, and a Rock Bottom Brewery across the street. Downtown Cinci, They got some of my Money!

Chisox003
02-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Wow, I didn't think so many Sox fans would be going to this.

Myself and 4 or 5 friends will be heading there that Thursday or Friday, and going to at least 2 of the games. It looks like we will definitely have to pre-order these tickets so we can be assured to get in eh?

Any CHEAP hotels near the park that any of ya'll know of? (That group thing sounds great, but $73 a night for college kids is a mint...:cool: )

Daver
02-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Wow, I didn't think so many Sox fans would be going to this.

Myself and 4 or 5 friends will be heading there that Thursday or Friday, and going to at least 2 of the games. It looks like we will definitely have to pre-order these tickets so we can be assured to get in eh?

Any CHEAP hotels near the park that any of ya'll know of? (That group thing sounds great, but $73 a night for college kids is a mint...:cool: )

I have an old station wagon I'll rent you, you could fold down the seat and sleep in the back.

:redneck

Chisox003
02-01-2006, 07:22 PM
I have an old station wagon I'll rent you, you could fold down the seat and sleep in the back.

:redneck
Don't tempt me....

We went to Cleveland last year, and had we not taken a Ford Taurus, I think we would've been sleeping in the car .... Hotel + Gas + Tickets + Other things = A lot of $$$

And after our disaster of a trip to Cleveland last year, and that "hotel," I'm more tempted than ever to just sleep in the car.

Don't be surprised if you get a PM come June titled "Wagon" :cool:

soxfan43
02-01-2006, 07:33 PM
I went to college up the road in Dayton, so I'll probably be crashing there or at some friend's that live in cinnci. But I got a feeling there will be a lot of Sox fans there, lots of Chicago people at UD, Miami and Xavier that will be stuck at summer school looking to see the world champs