PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Clemens talk?

Chicken Dinner
01-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Anyone else getting sick and tired of all the "will he come back" talk about Roger? The guy has already broken about every clubhouse rule (doesn't travel with the club unless he's pitching, doesn't suit up for home games, etc.) last year. Unless he's pitching against us in the series, I done listening to all the hype about his possible return.

D. TODD
01-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Not as much as the yearly Brett Farve retirement talk. At least Clemens was tough last year, while Farve :puking: :puking:

Chicken Dinner
01-31-2006, 12:09 PM
Not as much as the yearly Brett Farve retirement talk. At least Clemens was tough last year, while Farve :puking: :puking:

I would bet anything that once Brett hangs um up that he doesn't come back.

D. TODD
01-31-2006, 12:22 PM
I would bet anything that once Brett hangs um up that he doesn't come back. Maybe, but he has many of the same "privileges" under Sherman that Clemens enjoys in Houston. This is becoming a pattern for Farve to state that he would retire if he had to make the decision at some point in the off season. I'm sick of that act more them Clemens, although they are very similar, only because Clemens is still a top notch player while Farve is throwing picks at a rate Kordell Stewart is accustomed to.

SOXintheBURGH
01-31-2006, 12:57 PM
I think he's going to play this up for a month then declare "I still got a couple touch downs left in this old arm" and come back as a hero.

The Packers will proceed to go 2-14, both wins coming vs. Minnesota.

White Sox Randy
01-31-2006, 01:32 PM
I can't reveal my sources but I've been told in the strictest confidence that KW is working with Clemens' agent to sign him to fill the Luis Vizcaino vacancy and throw t-shirts into the stands between innings.

The only catch for the White Sox is that he'll only come to town when his wife has a taste for Italian beef.

TheOldRoman
01-31-2006, 01:45 PM
I can't reveal my sources but I've been told in the strictest confidence that KW is working with Clemens' agent to sign him to fill the Luis Vizcaino vacancy and throw t-shirts into the stands between innings.

The only catch for the White Sox is that he'll only come to town when his wife has a taste for Italian beef.
Really? I heard that as part of his contract the Sox agree to pay to put a Portillo's in Clemens' house and have it staffed 24/7.