PDA

View Full Version : Autograph Question

biznuts81
01-31-2006, 11:09 AM
I am going to Spring training this year and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I collect autographed bats, but have never got a bat signed in person from a player. My question is, what bat should I buy to get autographed. Is there one type the is better then another? Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

Thanks!

CashMan
01-31-2006, 11:35 AM
If you collect auto'ed bats, shouldn't you know?

biznuts81
01-31-2006, 11:37 AM
I have about 10 bats and most of them are different types...some game used, some not. From what I can tell, Rawlings big stick is the most common.

SOXFAN82
01-31-2006, 11:43 AM
Big Sticks are good... Also if you were going to get a team autographed bat, I would get a bat with a team logo on it. Also I like the black colored bats a lot because the silver sharpie looks great on those.

Brian

Chicken Dinner
01-31-2006, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't plan on trying to bring a bat inside the park. I'm pretty sure they're not going to let you in with it.

gr8mexico
01-31-2006, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't plan on trying to bring a bat inside the park. I'm pretty sure they're not going to let you in with it. I agree. It would be alot easier to get the WS ball signed. That's my goal I'm going to get everyone on the WS 25 man roster. I hope it doesn't get that hard but I'll try my best. I work for United so ill be able to fly into different cities and try to get the other members not on the team or try going to Milwaukee.

HITMEN OF 77
01-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Game used player model uncracked bats will command premium price over bats that are just Rawlings Big Stick models. Normally 2-3 X the price and more depending on the player. I'd try to get game used bats from the players you like. I myself have a large collection of Konerko gamers, so that's what I stick with. When looking at bats, model numbers become the key as well. Some models are far more rare than others. It comes down to what you can afford and if your planning on buying the bat to sell a few years down the road.

TheKittle
02-01-2006, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't plan on trying to bring a bat inside the park. I'm pretty sure they're not going to let you in with it.

I don't know of one stadium that allows people to bring in regular sized bats. Those mini bats are allowed everywhere.

Even when players have given me bats, security will come and tell you to take the bat to customer service and they will hold it there until after the game.

goofymsfan
02-01-2006, 08:36 AM
I don't know of one stadium that allows people to bring in regular sized bats. Those mini bats are allowed everywhere.

Even when players have given me bats, security will come and tell you to take the bat to customer service and they will hold it there until after the game.

You can bring in bats to Safeco Field. I know in Oakland you used to be able to bring them in during batting practice, but they had to be put in a locker or back in your car before the game started.

SOX LA Mikey
02-01-2006, 01:09 PM
best place to get sox autographs in Tucson is as they come into T.E.P
...you are not inside the stadium