PDA

View Full Version : Heard this commercial this morning .....

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 10:13 AM
Totally good for a laugh as I was on the highway, honked my horn.
The New Cubs radio spot aired this morning .........the announcer implores the listener to make sure your part of "Baseball Tradition". He also says-Get This- "...will be the Most Exciting Baseball Season in History" (IIRC)

I Laughed .........and noted we already had the most exciting baseball season in history. the 2005 SOX.

Chicken Dinner
01-31-2006, 10:18 AM
Time to find a new station. Maybe XM 175??

SOXPHILE
01-31-2006, 10:56 AM
Well, in a sense, they are right. For the 3rd straight season, they will get to host the previous year's World Series Champions in a 3 game series. The Marlins in '04, the Red Sox in '05, and.....THE WHITE SOX in '06. Wow ! Their fans are lucky. They get to see defending World Series Champs again this year. I wish we had something like that in our park....

robiwho
01-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Well, in a sense, they are right. For the 3rd straight season, they will get to host the previous year's World Series Champions in a 3 game series. The Marlins in '04, the Red Sox in '05, and.....THE WHITE SOX in '06. Wow ! Their fans are lucky. They get to see defending World Series Champs again this year. I wish we had something like that in our park....

:rolling:

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 12:37 PM

Remember before their "historic" matchup against the RedSox, their commercials were "see the Defending WOrld Champ boston red sox" .....
wondering if they'll do the same for us?

Fenway
01-31-2006, 12:43 PM
Remember before their "historic" matchup against the RedSox, their commercials were "see the Defending WOrld Champ boston red sox" .....
wondering if they'll do the same for us?

The way they sell tickets boggles the mind.

They actually get their fans to go to Wrigley Field wait an hour to get a WRISTBAND and then tell them to listen to WGN for the winning number and give the people about a 3 hour warning to trudge back to Wrigley to stand in line again.

and the fans are like lemmings they are so happy

the sign has to go be ordered

WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL
8.2 MILES SOUTH
EVERY GAME

of course it is better than the Virtual Waiting Room

SOXPHILE
01-31-2006, 12:56 PM

They actually get their fans to go to Wrigley Field wait an hour to get a WRISTBAND and then tell them to listen to WGN for the winning number and give the people about a 3 hour warning to trudge back to Wrigley to stand in liner again.

8.2 MILES SOUTH
EVERY GAME

WGN: Radio For The Criminally Stupid

Scottiehaswheels
01-31-2006, 12:59 PM

They actually get their fans to go to Wrigley Field wait an hour to get a WRISTBAND and then tell them to listen to WGN for the winning number and give the people about a 3 hour warning to trudge back to Wrigley to stand in liner again.

8.2 MILES SOUTH
EVERY GAME

I'm gonna be one of those lemmings... hold onto the games vs. the sox and walk across the street with the others to sell at double face LOL take that for buyin up our world series tix

TomBradley72
01-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Their inpiring ad in the Trib this morning: "Got Tickets?"...what's next..."Where's the beef?"...."Wassup!"?

On another note....2006 will mark the first time in history a Chicago based World Champion baseball team has EVER played in Wrigley Field.

LuvSox
01-31-2006, 01:13 PM
On another note....2006 will mark the first time in history a Chicago based World Champion baseball team has EVER played in Wrigley Field.

I bet that won't be advertised.

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-31-2006, 01:34 PM

WGN - when it comes to the Cubs....

We Got Nothing.

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 02:27 PM
WGN - when it comes to the Cubs....

We Got Nothing.

:roflmao: freaking excellent !!!!

miker
01-31-2006, 02:34 PM
WOW...even more ammo when my Cub-loving "friends" start talking smack.

Thanks! :D:

LongLiveFisk
01-31-2006, 05:20 PM

WGN: We're Going Nowhere.
:D:

Jerko
01-31-2006, 05:23 PM
WGN: We're Going Nowhere.
:D:

I like that one. :cool:

bigfoot
01-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Weeds Grow Needlessly

ChiSoxLifer
01-31-2006, 06:51 PM
If I were rich I would rent a billboard in Wrigleyville with a picture of the World Series trophy.

skobabe8
01-31-2006, 07:39 PM

8.2 MILES SOUTH
EVERY GAME

:)

Realist
02-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Wombats Groping Nuns

DumpJerry
02-01-2006, 08:00 AM
If I were rich I would rent a billboard in Wrigleyville with a picture of the World Series trophy.
I like that one! Let's take up a collection. Get a billboard across the street from the Urinal so that every time there is a fly ball to Left or Right (depending on the billboard's location), it will be seen on the television.

Perhaps a Grinder billboard?

(I'm evil:D:)

SOXPHILE
02-01-2006, 10:25 AM
HA HA HA HA !! I just heard the first commercial of the year for Beyond The Ivy on the Score, read by "Sox fan" Mike North. In the promo, he says: "Come watch the Cubs beat up on St. Louis, the Brew Crew,..." etc. Then, there's a pause, and he says "....and...The World Champs..." The promo doens't actually say "White Sox", but it's still funny to hear an add for the rooftops across from the Urinal, and make a mention of playing them.

chisoxfanatic
02-01-2006, 10:52 AM
I like that one! Let's take up a collection. Get a billboard across the street from the Urinal so that every time there is a fly ball to Left or Right (depending on the billboard's location), it will be seen on the television.

Perhaps a Grinder billboard?

(I'm evil:D:)

Perhaps we can help Two by Four think of a new Grinder Rule for the Cubs or something! Then, we can get a Sox fan to superglue it to the weeds (they won't be hitting many home runs, so not many shots of the neighborhood in the outfield will be seen).

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Perhaps we can help Two by Four think of a new Grinder Rule for the Cubs or something! Then, we can get a Sox fan to superglue it to the weeds (they won't be hitting many home runs, so not many shots of the neighborhood in the outfield will be seen).

Grinder Rule 8.2 - Real Fans Ignore the Ignorant.

ChiSoxLifer
02-01-2006, 02:41 PM

There will be plenty of shots of the outfield. Remember the visiting team will be hitting out quite a few.

SOXintheBURGH
02-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Grinder Rule 8.2 - Real Fans Ignore the Ignorant.

how about..

Real Fans Ignore the Meaningless National League Team The Sox Play Six Times a Year Because Bud Selig Thought It Was a Good Idea

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2006, 03:05 PM
how about..

Real Fans Ignore the Meaningless National League Team The Sox Play Six Times a Year Because Bud Selig Thought It Was a Good IdeaOr even simpler...

Real fans concentrate on their own team.

UofCSoxFan
02-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Totally good for a laugh as I was on the highway, honked my horn.
The New Cubs radio spot aired this morning .........the announcer implores the listener to make sure your part of "Baseball Tradition". He also says-Get This- "...will be the Most Exciting Baseball Season in History" (IIRC)

I Laughed .........and noted we already had the most exciting baseball season in history. the 2005 SOX.

Is this like the time 2 years ago when the Cubs had the best starting 5 in history.......until Wood and Prior went down, and Greg Maddux remembered he was in his late 30s.

Hangar18
02-03-2006, 09:46 AM
the Audacity of the Cubs is so humorous. And sad. Heard it again today ....".............gearing up for the most Exciting Season in Chicago history" hahahahaa

Captian Ron
02-03-2006, 10:00 AM
I heard it to I was laughing so hard I started to cry. Or maybe I was crying tears of joy because we are WORLD CHAMPIONS!!! "GETTING READY FOR THE MOST EXCITING YEAR IN CHICAGO BASEBALL HISTORY" HAHAHAHAHA:D:

SOXPHILE
02-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Does it actually say "...the most exciting season in Chicago baseball history" ? I thought I just heard them say "....what could be one of the most exciting baseball seasons in Chicago history...", or something to that effect. I could be wrong. Either way, it's funny hearing ANY commercial hyping the lil' blue ones, after the White Sox World Series Championship. (Man, I love typing that !)

gobears1987
02-03-2006, 10:36 AM
There is a reason I'm a WLS guy, WGN sucks.

rdivaldi
02-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Grinder Rule #1908: Championships trump attendance

Hangar18
02-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Does it actually say "...the most exciting season in Chicago baseball history" ? I thought I just heard them say "....what could be one of the most exciting baseball seasons in Chicago history...", or something to that effect. I could be wrong. Either way, it's funny hearing ANY commercial hyping the lil' blue ones, after the White Sox World Series Championship. (Man, I love typing that !)

"The Cubs are gearing up for the most Exciting Baseball Season in Chicago History". HAHAHAHAHA. We already HAD that, in 2005. They cant be serious with these commercials. How dumb do they really think their fanbase is? Wait never mind, these are the same "fans" that blew up a baseball and ate it. Same fans who all cheered the replay of a homerun thinking it was LIVE, before embarrassing themselves.

Maybe the Commercial was in Teal, and its hard to make out Color on the radio