PDA

View Full Version : More Trophy Tour dates(this should make IWriteCode happy!)

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-31-2006, 01:52 AM
In my attempt to procrastinate from doing my math homework, I was browsing whitesox.com and noticed they added more dates to the trophy tour! This includes a stop in Rockford as well, so I'm VERY excited because I missed out on the stop in my hometown of Schaumburg. Normally, I'd be upset since it's on a Monday during school hours, but I have the day off unless the school district needs to use it as a make up day due to a snow day. For the next month, I have to hope that there isn't some massive snow storm, or my perfect attendance might just go down the drain..

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/trophy_tour.jsp

IlliniSox4Life
01-31-2006, 02:00 AM
Thanks for reminding me the trophy will be in Champaign this friday! I totally forgot!

Hopefully the lines will be short. I must go see this.

Unfortunately, I don't have a car down here on campus and it's off campus. I might just have to walk the 8 miles (or more likely take the bus or borrow a friends car).

ChiSoxRowand
01-31-2006, 02:01 AM
Nice, I will be going to see it.

Iwritecode
01-31-2006, 02:15 AM
Somebody was just asking me about this and whether they'd make a stop in Rockford or not. I had told them no. :o:

Looks like I may be taking some vacation time in March... :wink:

Ron Karkovice
01-31-2006, 02:37 AM
Thanks for reminding me the trophy will be in Champaign this friday! I totally forgot!

Hopefully the lines will be short. I must go see this.

Unfortunately, I don't have a car down here on campus and it's off campus. I might just have to walk the 8 miles (or more likely take the bus or borrow a friends car).

I live next to the six pack and my car is parked by assembly hall:whiner:

IlliniSox4Life
01-31-2006, 03:02 AM
I live next to the six pack and my car is parked by assembly hall:whiner:

The 2RED bus route goes right by the union and will take you within about 2 blocks (I think) of where the trophy is, however its around a 30 minute bus ride for what should be a 10 minute car drive tops. Probably would be less of a hassle for you just to get your car. I will probably end up borrowing a friends car myself.

Max Power
01-31-2006, 02:30 PM
Dear White Sox,

I know there aren't very many Sox fans on the North Shore, but we would love to have the trophy stopped by for a picture.

Signed,

White Sox fans on the North Shore

---

Looks like Waukegan is the closest it's going to come.

anewman35
01-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Dear White Sox,

I know there aren't very many Sox fans on the North Shore, but we would love to have the trophy stopped by for a picture.

Signed,

---

It was in Deerfield a few weeks ago...

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 02:53 PM
Dear White Sox,

Signed,

---

Well, if you want the Trophy to make an appearance on the North Shore .....
im sure we can arrange something at a watering hole near you...........

Max Power
01-31-2006, 05:42 PM
Well, if you want the Trophy to make an appearance on the North Shore .....
im sure we can arrange something at a watering hole near you...........

And I guarantee there will be plenty of Cub fans around to be "re-educated"... :D:

Deerfield, Waukegan, these places aren't that close. I'll hold out hope that one of the stops in April-June is around here. If not, then I'll have to get Hangar to being his trophy to one of the 4 bars in Evanston.

ondafarm
01-31-2006, 06:13 PM
Man, if you think you have to travel to see the trophy, check out my address.