PDA

View Full Version : Chris Ronge

TornLabrum
01-30-2006, 10:58 PM
I had the occasion during SoxFest to have a conversation with The Score's Chris Ronge who is doing White Sox Weekly and who will be doing pre-games when the season starts.

I came away knowing the following. Growing up in Southern Illinois, he was naturally a Cards fan. Can't fault him for that. He told one of the ladies in our booth who lured him over (I think it was Ella) that he's been a Sox fan for about 10 years. That seems natural since no self-respecting Cardinals fan would ever defect to the Cubs.

He really does seem to get Sox fandom. One thing that impressed him was the camaraderie that Sox fans, even total strangers have for each other: the nods and even conversations that start just because two fans see each other on the street or in a store wearing Sox paraphernalia.

I came away impressed. I loved Dave Wills and Bryan Dolgin, but if you can't be with the one you love....

At any rate, I came away from the conversation believing he'll do a great job this year.

CHISOXFAN13
01-31-2006, 12:36 AM
I had the occasion during SoxFest to have a conversation with The Score's Chris Ronge who is doing White Sox Weekly and who will be doing pre-games when the season starts.

I came away knowing the following. Growing up in Southern Illinois, he was naturally a Cards fan. Can't fault him for that. He told one of the ladies in our booth who lured him over (I think it was Ella) that he's been a Sox fan for about 10 years. That seems natural since no self-respecting Cardinals fan would ever defect to the Cubs.

He really does seem to get Sox fandom. One thing that impressed him was the camaraderie that Sox fans, even total strangers have for each other: the nods and even conversations that start just because two fans see each other on the street or in a store wearing Sox paraphernalia.

I came away impressed. I loved Dave Wills and Bryan Dolgin, but if you can't be with the one you love....

At any rate, I came away from the conversation believing he'll do a great job this year.

Spoke with Chris today and he is genuinely excited about being involved in the luncheons.

He definitely knows the passion Sox fans have as he dealt with my passion throughout our college years.

He definitely will work hard to do the best job he can. I'm glad you are on board Hal.

SOXPHILE
01-31-2006, 10:42 AM
That is good to hear. From what I've heard of him on the Score, doing updates and occasional hosting, he seemed o.k., but I wanted to reserve judgment and give him a chance, just like I do with Singleton. Best of luck to him.

my5thbench
01-31-2006, 01:29 PM
I have listened to every Sox show on Saturdays at 11 am since it began, so

far I haven't found Chris Ronge very entertaining, hopefully he'll get better.

Farmer has appeared on that show alot & has been good, Singleton has been

on a couple of times now & he's trying to learn, we'll see, so far rather weak

I'm afraid.

PicktoCLick72
01-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Afraid of what? When it comes down to it we listen to radio to hear the Sox games. Mike Tyson and Rob Schneider could be the announcers for all I care. There are about 5000 more important things to worry about the Sox this season then the announcers.

my5thbench
01-31-2006, 02:27 PM
if you say so...

personally I prefer an entertaining broadcast, oh well I've got Hawk & DJ

for most games anyway

TornLabrum
01-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Spoke with Chris today and he is genuinely excited about being involved in the luncheons.

He definitely knows the passion Sox fans have as he dealt with my passion throughout our college years.

He definitely will work hard to do the best job he can. I'm glad you are on board Hal.

When you get a chance to talk with Chris again, let him know that I feel excited that he'll be involved in the luncheons, too. He really impressed "the ladies" (the older women on our board), and Mary Kay was impressed, too. That's important since she's the prez. Either she or I will let him know what's going on as we set dates, etc.

CHISOXFAN13
01-31-2006, 06:19 PM
When you get a chance to talk with Chris again, let him know that I feel excited that he'll be involved in the luncheons, too. He really impressed "the ladies" (the older women on our board), and Mary Kay was impressed, too. That's important since she's the prez. Either she or I will let him know what's going on as we set dates, etc.

Will do. If you ever have an issue reaching Chris drop me a PM and I will get a hold of him for you.

TornLabrum
01-31-2006, 09:42 PM
Will do. If you ever have an issue reaching Chris drop me a PM and I will get a hold of him for you.

Thanks. He left me his email address, but right now I'm so busy that I'm having enough trouble keeping up with WSI. He will hear from me (if I don't lose his address, in which case you'll hear from me) when June and our first luncheon approach.

jake5824
02-02-2006, 12:36 AM
I went on sunday and laurence holmes from the score was in from of me on the elevator i told him about ribbieandroobarb.com hes a great score host always thinks of good topics to talk about

Hangar18
02-02-2006, 09:47 AM

And if anyone has an issue reaching Chisoxfan13, drop me a PM and I'll get a hold of him for you too :smile:

ManagerMark
02-06-2006, 02:44 PM
I have been listening to Chris, not only Saturdays at 11am but when he fills in the evenings at times with Jason. I get a feeling of a little bit of him being on the outside more like a cub fan would be in his comments about the Sox. I like the guy personally. Calling in on his show with passionate comments about the Sox for me would be awkward at this point. I would rather call in to someone who eats, sleeps and breathes White Sox.

TornLabrum
02-06-2006, 07:30 PM
I have been listening to Chris, not only Saturdays at 11am but when he fills in the evenings at times with Jason. I get a feeling of a little bit of him being on the outside more like a cub fan would be in his comments about the Sox. I like the guy personally. Calling in on his show with passionate comments about the Sox for me would be awkward at this point. I would rather call in to someone who eats, sleeps and breathes White Sox.

And who doesn't advertise gentlemen's clubs, no doubt.

Besides, Dave Wills is otherwise employed.