PDA

View Full Version : Official 2006 Ad Campaign

IggyD
01-30-2006, 12:34 PM
The Official 2006 Ad Campaign as announced at Opening Ceremonies at Soxfest is.....

" If at first you win.......Repeat"

I love it...it is perfect

Fake Chet Lemon
01-30-2006, 12:48 PM
I always hate getting ahead of one's self. We need to focus on winning the AL Central FIRST. Let's worry about repeating in October. If the players are all concerned with winning the World Series in April, Cleveland may decide to win the Central. One step at a time. NO REPEAT TALK.........yet. Focus on the Central, not the repeat.

Tekijawa
01-30-2006, 01:12 PM
I always hate getting ahead of one's self. We need to focus on winning the AL Central FIRST. Let's worry about repeating in October. If the players are all concerned with winning the World Series in April, Cleveland may decide to win the Central. One step at a time. NO REPEAT TALK.........yet. Focus on the Central, not the repeat.

BOOOO Go back to Russia Commie! :redneck
</IMG>

voodoochile
01-30-2006, 01:16 PM

Long as the horses take care of business on the mound, things will be fine. I also sincerely doubt Ozzie will let them take it easy and rest on their laurels. That man has fire and will definitely kick some ass if it needs to be kicked.

Sox clearly are the team to beat in the ALC if not in all of baseball. Minnesota and Cleveland both got worse this off season and the Sox got better - much better.

spiffie
01-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Good idea. Otherwise they might end up with a team motto like "First the Wildcard, then the World!"

Fake Chet Lemon
01-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Good idea. Otherwise they might end up with a team motto like "First the Wildcard, then the World!"

Wow, I didn't realize we had already become this dynasty that takes division titles every year for granted like the sun coming up every day. Good to know though, thanks dude!

The Bears did a lot of talking at the start of the playoffs about the Super Bowl. They forgot they had to win a game or two in the playoffs first. So back to my original point, they got ahead of themselves.

jackbrohamer
01-30-2006, 04:18 PM
I like it, they should work the WS trophy into all their advetisements, ala Max Bialystock in The Producers:

"That's it, baby, when you've got it, flaunt it! flaunt it!"

steff
01-30-2006, 04:22 PM
The Official 2006 Ad Campaign as announced at Opening Ceremonies at Soxfest is.....

" If at first you win.......Repeat"

I love it...it is perfect

"If at first you succeed... repeat"

pdimas
01-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Wow, I didn't realize we had already become this dynasty that takes division titles every year for granted like the sun coming up every day. Good to know though, thanks dude!

The Bears did a lot of talking at the start of the playoffs about the Super Bowl. They forgot they had to win a game or two in the playoffs first. So back to my original point, they got ahead of themselves.

I agree I ran into Jerry Azumah at a pizza joint on Division and he said **** the '85 Bears, that the team wasn't done and that they were bringing home rings. A week later Carolina advanced.

rocky biddle
01-30-2006, 04:59 PM

Maybe they're talking about repeating as AL Central champs