PDA

View Full Version : What White Sox keepsake do you wear everyday, or continuously?

soxinem1
01-30-2006, 12:48 AM
I wear a gold chain that has a 1983 Sox Western Division pendant, which this year was joined by the World Series Pendant, which sits side by side around my neck with the 83 one. The chain I've had on almost continuously since my teens.

I have a few superstitions I adhere pretty strongly to. If the Sox lose more than five in a row, I have worn white socks to kill the streak. It usually works, but if not, I wear my 1901 Sox shirt (under my dress shirt during a workday).

Last September the white socks were used quite a bit, but it was wearing the same pair with the 1901 shirt that pulled them across the finish line (they were washed every day) all the way through to Game 1 of the ALCS. After we lost Game 1, I retired them and then switched to a different shirt and pair of white socks. They worked all the way through the World Series.

It would be interesting to hear what you other WSI diehards have as daily wear Sox items and superstitions....

Chisox003
01-30-2006, 12:49 AM
My hat

Daily, religiously

UofCSoxFan
01-30-2006, 12:55 AM
My hat...the blue and white one that has the 1983 sox batter buy on the front and 1983 on the back....its dirty as hell but I wear it almost everytime I where a hat...during the playoff run I wore this hat and my Buerhle jersey everyday except one......game one of the ALCS (which alas was the only game I attended in the playoffs)....so yeah that loss was on me.

nug0hs
01-30-2006, 12:56 AM
My hat, 1917 throwback. Pretty rare design that you don't see very much, but the red, white, and blue theme is very snazzy

OkStateSox
01-30-2006, 12:57 AM
I wear my White Sox hat almost every minute that I'm awake. I also have a Sox hoodie that I wear often (in the winter and fall at least).

Ron Karkovice
01-30-2006, 01:26 AM
just a couple white sox wristbands. And when its not too cold, one of my white sox sweatshirts.

IlliniSox4Life
01-30-2006, 01:44 AM
Since game 1 of the world series, I've worn my fitted on the field sox cap (the one with the patch on the side). I've probably only not worn it at max 10-15 days since then, and of those 10-15 days, I've worn the locker room WS champs hat about 5 of those.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-30-2006, 02:45 AM
I wear my normal authentic White Sox cap that I've had for 6 or so years. I remember being so excited when my dad said I could finally get one of them, because it was something like $35 at the park. I've worn it so much that the Sox logo isn't even white any more, it's more of a brown grimy color. Unfortunately, my mom thought she'd fix that by throwing it in the washing machine...nope, now it's somewhat morphed. Still, it's my favorite cap, although I've been wearing the world series locker room hat a bit as of late.

RadioheadRocks
01-30-2006, 02:50 AM
I have at least 10 or 12 t-shirts from all stages of the post-season that I wear on a regular basis (will probably put them aside for safe keeping a few months down the road... using CHEER DARK to launder them in the meantime and they still look great!).

Mr. White Sox
01-30-2006, 03:08 AM
My hat is too big for my head, I have no idea why I bought it. I am an idiot. However, I do wear this whenever it's cold out:
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:4v6D_hcAmgfvJM:images.amazon.com/images/P/B0008F5PRU.01-AVRR6WAP2O9Z1._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
Easily the warmest jacket I have. It's awesome.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-30-2006, 03:19 AM
My hat is too big for my head, I have no idea why I bought it. I am an idiot. However, I do wear this whenever it's cold out:

Easily the warmest jacket I have. It's awesome.
Thanks for reminding me. My most important thing that I wear daily(at least when it's cold outside), the White Sox jacket from 2003.

alohafri
01-30-2006, 09:12 AM
I have had my Sox Pride wristband on since getting it at last year's Sox Fest.

Uncle_Patrick
01-30-2006, 09:15 AM

Same here.

Jaffar
01-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Same here.

Same here as far as everyday goes. I can't wear a hat to work otherwise I would say that because I wear one the rest of the time but I bought buttload of those wristbands last year and have been wearing them everyday since. The first 2 or 3 only last about a week or 2 each before breaking but the one I wear now has been going strong since about may.

Baby Fisk
01-30-2006, 09:38 AM
I have a lot of different Sox hats and wear them in rotation. It must never the same hat twice in a row, or else a disaster will occur.

Fenway
01-30-2006, 09:45 AM
still wear my SOX PRIDE wrist band :smile:

and when it is cold the WS World Championship ski hat

Blob
01-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Now, I wear my World Champion hat. Before that it was different Sox hats. I probably have about 30-40 Sox hats.

Scottiehaswheels
01-30-2006, 11:20 AM
My parade jacket and the Reebok sneakers that came out after we won, I have 3 pairs of them right now (2 still in the boxes)... Never wore sneakers before but man are they comfortable....

SOXintheBURGH
01-30-2006, 11:20 AM
My Sox hat has been worn daily, religiously, for several years. I take pride in the layers of sweat and dirt on the inside part of my Sox hat.

soxfan13
01-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Only thing I can wear everyday is my Sox Pride bracelet. I also wear Last years dugout jacket constantly weather permitting

Scottiehaswheels
01-30-2006, 11:31 AM
My Sox hat has been worn daily, religiously, for several years. I take pride in the layers of sweat and dirt on the inside part of my Sox hat.

Speaking of... anyone know of anything that helps to wash hats without shrinking them? my old '59 hat kinda stinks but its my favorite one... everytime I've washed hats before they shrink like crazy...

soxfan13
01-30-2006, 12:42 PM
they have a gadget that you can get it molds around the hat so it keeps its shape then you let it dry in the same thing. it works pretty good. i would have to ask her tonite where she got it though.

SOXintheBURGH
01-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Speaking of... anyone know of anything that helps to wash hats without shrinking them? my old '59 hat kinda stinks but its my favorite one... everytime I've washed hats before they shrink like crazy...

I usually use an old toothbrush and scrub when mine gets to gnarly. For the smell, I might spray a little cologne in there. :redface:

soxfan13
01-30-2006, 12:53 PM

Or you can check out this website LOL http://www.sport-smart.com/wash-baseball-hat-cap.htm

EMel9281
01-30-2006, 12:55 PM

Ditto. Except when I broke it...fortunately, I bought multiple wristbands!:D:

Chisox003
01-30-2006, 01:05 PM
I usually use an old toothbrush and scrub when mine gets to gnarly. For the smell, I might spray a little cologne in there. :redface:
Using a toothbrush eh? That's a pretty good idea

When I wash mine (it's white, so it gets dirty....fast), I just run it under hot water and scrub it with hand soap :o:

Then, I squeeze it (it looks wrinkled while wet) then hang it up, and in a few hours.....Good as new (almost)

I should probably mention this is the "franchise" hat from Lids....You probably wouldn't want to use this method on another kind, as the results could be disastrous :cool:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
01-30-2006, 01:29 PM
1983 replica hat with 1983 on the back and Sox Pride wristband since June

WikdChiSoxFan
01-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Today, it's a black fashion cap with white stitching and a little logo in the corner.

It used to be the '59 freebie hat from last year. I have since retired this hat (along with the other lucky t-shirt and shorts) because of their success during the regular season and their unbeaten streak in the playoffs. (I tried to switch it up for Game 1 of the ALCS, thinkin it was a different series and needed different luck. So, sorry, it was certainly my fault)

These items are now in Brent's Closet of Fame. As soon as I can afford it, they will be under glass. (I'm totally serious.)

3rd_Gen_Sox_Fan
01-30-2006, 02:34 PM
I have a sweet Sox belt buckle I picked up at a belt buckle store in Estes Park, CO this summer. I wear it whenever I'm dressed casual, not to work. However, I made an exception when I went to visit some customers in Huntington Beach, CA in November. They are all Angels fans, so it had to be done.

TornLabrum
01-30-2006, 04:44 PM

Ditto, and now I've added a World Champions Sox Pride wristband. If this keep up, I'll have them up to y shoulder pretty soon.

shoelessjoe90
01-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Everyday I wear my sox charities wristband and my worn down sweaty kelly green sox hat with retro logo

robiwho
01-30-2006, 11:16 PM
I've worn my wristband since I bought it at last year's SoxFest. It looks pretty good with the WS wristband I bought this weekend!

ElDuque26
01-30-2006, 11:53 PM
switched from the sox pride wristband to a gray one from MLB the day of the cleveland series in the end of the season...they went 14-1 after wearing it...wear it at all times minus playing volleyball

buehrle4cy05
01-31-2006, 12:10 AM
My World Series Champs hoodie, even when it's 10 below.

rookieroy
01-31-2006, 12:20 AM

Me too. I've had it on for 367 days now. Hasn't broke yet and it would be bad luck if I stopped wearing it now.

rookieroy
01-31-2006, 12:24 AM

Try the top part of your dishwasher. I've been doing this for years and it works great. Sox hats...little league hats...they all get clean and I've never had any problems. Very little shrinkage if any.

brucefan34
01-31-2006, 01:27 PM
I love the World Championship Hat! It is probably the nicest hat I have ever bought! I love wearing it around my Flub-Fan friends, too! Also any one of a number of championship t-shirts or sweatshirts! Have the black on field pull-over but keep that for game days!

During the playoffs, I had a black Nike ringer t-shirt with the Sox diamond logo on it that I wore for every game. I do this with ND football games and Bears games too. On Saturday, ND played a late afternoon game before the Sox played in the playoffs. I had to run in my room when the clock hit 0:00 of the ND game (because it is bad luck to change early) change my green ND shirt and I come out in my black Nike Sox shirt. My wife looked at me like I was nuts!!

Finally, two words for stinky hats...Fa-Breeze!

I want Mags back
01-31-2006, 01:50 PM
ive had a sox pride on sie the Memorial day game. I wear a sox hat 90% of all days. About 3/4s of my wardrobe is Sox stuff

tacosalbarojas
01-31-2006, 01:56 PM
I wear my rally sock so Farmio doesn't have to.

doublem23
01-31-2006, 02:45 PM

Damn right. My Sox hat is still the crown jewel of my wardrobe. It's faded and torn, but it's still my pride and joy.

Realist
01-31-2006, 04:05 PM
I let my beard grow this past October as a good luck charm for the Sox in the playoffs. After they won it all, I still couldn't bring myself to shave for another month. Then the beard started to get itchy so I shaved it into a "Paul Teutul Sr (http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/amchopper/meet/paulsr.html)." mustache. I still have the mustache. It's my World Series souvenir.

TheKittle
01-31-2006, 04:10 PM

When washing use gentle cycle and cold water only. Use that hat holder they sell at Wal Mart/Target etc, to hold it's shape. Dishwasher works but gentle cyle on washing machine is fine.

Do not use the dryer. Either let it air dry but do not put it out in the sun.

One other thing for the fitted New Era 59/50 caps, but a cap one size bigger. That will give you a loose fit and will take any kind of shrinking.

chisoxfanatic
02-01-2006, 12:02 AM
When I figure out how to use this digital camera my mom gave me, I'll post a picture of it. It's a white hat that says "Chicago White Sox" on the front with the "Sox" logo on the left side. I've had the thing for like 14 years now. It's gotten quite worn now. It's autographed by Ray Durham and Carlos Lee. I wear it with pride. Not every day, but often.

thomas35forever
02-01-2006, 12:06 AM
I only have one Sox sweatshirt, so I like to wear that during the winter. I wear my cap a lot during the summer. I had my old one for 6 years and then finally retired it after the ALCS and bought a new one that was authentic instead of adjustable.

kingpin_rcs
02-01-2006, 12:19 AM
I have a White Sox money clip that I carry with me all of the time. I have ever since I got it as a birthday present more than 10 years ago.

chisoxfanatic
02-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Me too. I've had it on for 367 days now. Hasn't broke yet and it would be bad luck if I stopped wearing it now.

Even in the shower? :o:

Jerko
02-01-2006, 10:57 AM
I wear these:

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB1-1313202reg.jpg

batmanZoSo
02-01-2006, 08:41 PM
It's not a Sox item, but it has Sox significance. I bought this cheap wooden necklace from a gas station during game 2 of the ALCS. I put it on and the Sox never lost again and became World Champions. I've worn it every day since, in fact I almost never take it off. The thing was like 5 bucks and it hasn't broken, which is amazing. I'll wear it at least until the Sox lose their next game or until it breaks or until the grave (whichever cometh first).

y2j2785
02-01-2006, 09:20 PM
i wear my White Sox World Champions wristband a lot

TornLabrum
02-01-2006, 09:41 PM

I haven't taken mine off since I got it. After I snapped my first Sox Pride wristband taking it off, I haven't taken off the one I got to replace it.

MarySwiss
02-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Well, it just happened again! I was coming out of a local grocery store and a guy was going in wearing the WS Champs T-shirt. I had on just a basic Sox T-shirt--black with the Sox logo but no player name or number. He looked at me and said, "Gotta represent the South Side." I said, "You'd better believe it!" Then we each flashed that big-ass grin.

And I made up my mind right then that I am going to go through my closet and throw away anything that does not relate to the Sox because I'm never going to wear any of it again. Especially since I just know I'm gonna go nuts at Grandstand when I get to Chicago in May for COTC.

Okay, I guess I'll keep my Bears Super Bowl XX T-shirt, my D'Backs 2001 WS T-shirts, and my Bulls jacket. And maybe my wedding gown.

But everything else--goes!

Stroker Ace
02-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Now- World Series champions cap
Before- Black adjustable cap

areilly
02-04-2006, 05:10 PM
When I was in junior high school, I had a fitted hat that almost never left my head. This was in the very early 90's, just after they changed to the new (and current) logo and that thing was resting up there during Bobby T's run for 57 and through Bo's awesome homer against the Mariners in September of 1993. Anyway, as time went on I grew my hair out pretty long and the hat didn't look so good on me anymore so I put it away.

Last fall I was back at my mom's house looking for it to wear during the playoffs but, sadly, it had disappeared somewhere along the line.

My hair's short again, and if they ever make fitted caps with '1993' stitched on the back, I'll be all over it. Come to think of it, does anyone know a place that would do that kind of stitching-to-order? I think I see a "customized" piece of memorabilia on the horizon...

:cool:

RallyBowl
02-04-2006, 05:13 PM

I too wear one everyday, in addition to my World Champions dog tag.

C-Dawg
02-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Anyway, as time went on I grew my hair out pretty long and the hat didn't look so good on me anymore so I put it away.

Yeah I missed out on a lot of hats because I grew my hair long from 1985 until 1991, and never really liked the way hats fit on it. It wasn't until maybe the late 90s that I "discovered" wearing hats again.... Now I never leave home without one! (today's was the late-80s "e" hat)

1951Campbell
02-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Yeah I missed out on a lot of hats because I grew my hair long from 1985 until 1991, and never really liked the way hats fit on it. It wasn't until maybe the late 90s that I "discovered" wearing hats again.... Now I never leave home without one! (today's was the late-80s "e" hat)

Another brother in the E-hat posse!

:)

TornLabrum
02-05-2006, 10:01 AM
I neglected to mention that I always wear my gray Sox road jacket (which apparently will be replaced this year since it is no longer available) and my Sox cap with the World Series logo on the side unless it's too cold. Then I wear my Sox stocking cap.

samram
02-05-2006, 10:36 AM
I didn't think I had anything I always worse, but then I realized that pretty much anytime I go out to run errands I have the AL Champs hat on.

bafiarocks03
02-05-2006, 03:17 PM
I always wear my sox watch! Ocasianally my earrings! Sox hoody..sometimes. and Always my sox purse!

chisoxmike
02-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Almost everyday I wear one of my many Sox hats.

VenturaSoxFan23
02-07-2006, 01:01 PM
I still wear my 2000 Division Champions shirt. Hope it'll be as thread-barren as my dad's 1983 Winning Ugly T, which you can use to strain spaghetti with