PDA

View Full Version : Scout Seat Restaurant?

Stoky44
01-29-2006, 08:39 PM
I have never sat in the scout seats, nor will I ever have the money to sit there but I have a question. I know the Sox were supposed to make a private restaurant behind home plate for the scout seats. I saw plans for it, but now if you go to the whitesox.com, and look under the renovations and under the amenities about the scout seats, there is no talk about it. Are the Sox scrapping the idea, or did they run out of money? I am not saying I am for or against it, just wondering.

MUsoxfan
01-29-2006, 08:48 PM
As far as I know they plan on making that tent area into a permanent structure

Herm Schneider
01-29-2006, 11:57 PM
they got some good food in that place and it is a great experience

DumpJerry
01-30-2006, 07:04 AM
When I was out there a few weeks back,. it looked like they were building it.

infohawk
01-30-2006, 09:14 AM
My wife got me a White Sox fantasy experience this Christmas that includes watching a game from the scout seats. Up until then, I had never even thought about sitting there because they are so expensive. I'm sure I'll really enjoy the experience, but after that my butt will probably end up back in the upper deck!:tongue:

skobabe8
01-30-2006, 10:24 AM
When I was out there a few weeks back,. it looked like they were building it.

So is it being built where the tent is/used to be? I thought it was going to be completely inside the stadium?

CHISOXFAN13
01-30-2006, 10:41 AM
So is it being built where the tent is/used to be? I thought it was going to be completely inside the stadium?

From what I can see as I drive by the ballpark every day, it's going to be where the old Fundamentals area was.

Stoky44
01-30-2006, 11:16 AM
If I remember right, the original plans, the blue print they showed online had the restaurant under the seats in behind homeplate. I thought the tent was just a temporary thing until they built the restaurant inside the park. My thing is that the Sox are not promotting the restaurant at all. Even last year, when they were in the tent, they still promoted the all you can eat pregame restaurant. It seems odd the sox do not mention this as an amentity of the scout seats.

patbooyah
01-30-2006, 11:29 AM
If I remember right, the original plans, the blue print they showed online had the restaurant under the seats in behind homeplate. I thought the tent was just a temporary thing until they built the restaurant inside the park. My thing is that the Sox are not promotting the restaurant at all. Even last year, when they were in the tent, they still promoted the all you can eat pregame restaurant. It seems odd the sox do not mention this as an amentity of the scout seats.

well, maybe one reason they aren't promoting it is that the scout seats are completely sold out for 2006. :gulp:

Stoky44
01-30-2006, 11:47 AM
well, maybe one reason they aren't promoting it is that the scout seats are completely sold out for 2006. :gulp:

But, why then would they list the amenities of scout seats as:
Note: No restaurant

DETAILS
Premium reserved parking
Private access to seat location
In-seat service for food and beverages
Comfortable, wide seats
Self-service island featuring popcorn, ice cream, peanuts, soda, water, etc.
Special events and autograph sessions
One of the best seats in the house, some of which are closer to home plate than the pitcher!

AMENITIES
Premium reserved parking outside of Gate 3
Private access to best seat locations in the park
Wait service at the best seats for food and beverages
Comfortable, wide seats
Invitations to exclusive White Sox events

whitesoxwin
02-01-2006, 09:31 AM
The restaurant is going in the old kids pitching area (basically the entrance will be close to where it is now) and will be a permanent structure.
The seats for the season are sold out.
But, I bet there will be a few seats available--at times.
Just a feeling. I'll put a bug in my ticket reps ear.
Luckily, I had a chance--through acquaintances--to sit in the area last season.
But one heck of an experience.
Personally, I really would have trouble paying the price.
Steve Dahl (the wife & I had the pleasure of sitting next to him) loves sitting there.
But, he has the bucks to afford it.

scottjanssens
02-01-2006, 12:19 PM
The seats for the season are sold out.
But, I bet there will be a few seats available--at times.
Just a feeling. I'll put a bug in my ticket reps ear.

I put a bug in my rep's ear last week (Dave Eklin). He said he didn't know if they were sold out or not, or what the deal with them was. I get the impression that they're still dealing with issues other than individual games. I'm not getting my hopes up. I suspect they were all snapped up by corporations.