PDA

View Full Version : World Champions Patch

NSSoxFan
01-29-2006, 08:07 PM
For those of you that attended SoxFest, are the Sox going to be wearing a Champions patch this year? If they are, what does it look like? I was imagining that if they were that it would just be the championship logo we have seen all over.

Also, how was the merchandise selection this year? Were Grandstand and Triple Threat there this year?

chisoxmike
01-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Brooks said they are going to where world series champs logo as their patch. They dont know yet if its just going to be for the opening series or all year.

Grandstand was there, but I didn't see triple threat sports.

Fake Chet Lemon
01-29-2006, 08:34 PM
On Saturday I thought Brooks said the World Champion patch on the sleeve would be worn all year.

BeefyD
01-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Just to clarify, it was the black and white version of the patch, goto the 2006 Photo Gallery at whitesox.com. There's a pic of Brooks with the jersey and patch on. Unfortunately, no pics of him with the turn-back-the-clock jersey that he wore.

chisoxmike
01-29-2006, 09:20 PM
They are also talking about wearing the 1906 uniforms on various Sunday afternoon games throughout the season.

The Racehorse
01-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Brooks said they are going to where world series champs logo as their patch. They dont know yet if its just going to be for the opening series or all year.

Grandstand was there, but I didn't see triple threat sports.

I'd like to get one of those patches. :cool:

chisoxmike
01-29-2006, 09:27 PM
I'd like to get one of those patches. :cool:

Grandstand is selling them now.

The Racehorse
01-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Grandstand is selling them now.

Thanks for the info... just googled it and found the link... YES! :D:

ChiSoxGirl
01-29-2006, 10:32 PM
On Saturday I thought Brooks said the World Champion patch on the sleeve would be worn all year.

He said that. I kicked off the Q&A session by addressing this issue. They'll be wearing the patch below this entire season.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Spooky3170/Championspatch.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/v521/Spooky3170/?)

TheOldRoman
01-29-2006, 10:58 PM
He said that. I kicked off the Q&A session by addressing this issue. They'll be wearing the patch below this entire season.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Spooky3170/Championspatch.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/v521/Spooky3170/?)
I don't like them. They should have designed something original instead of using the generic default logo used after the WS (the logo would have look the same no matter which team won). The Marlins designed a really nice patch to wear in 04, and the patch the Red Sox wore last opening day was nice, also. Oh well, at least we earned the right to wear the patch.

But that settles it, I will get the world series patch on my jersey instead of this one.

IronFisk
01-30-2006, 01:57 AM
I don't like them. They should have designed something original instead of using the generic default logo used after the WS (the logo would have look the same no matter which team won). The Marlins designed a really nice patch to wear in 04, and the patch the Red Sox wore last opening day was nice, also. Oh well, at least we earned the right to wear the patch.

But that settles it, I will get the world series patch on my jersey instead of this one.
Agreed, but this patch IS better than that default one they made up for Boston. It's hideous! Just threw a "B" script alongside the logo - and it didn't flow.

At least there is some sort of symetry here - although those "points" make for a larger than desired logo for sewing purposes.

Max Power
01-30-2006, 10:41 AM

Completely agree. But wearing a bland World Series Champs patch is something I can live with. :D:

Chicken Dinner
01-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Any World Series patch is better than no patch at all! There are 29 teams in that boat.

Hangar18
01-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Any World Series patch is better than no patch at all! There are 29 teams in that boat.

Thats why its important to make sure YOUR patch is the coolest one ever.
that one theyre using is UGLY. Sorry. Id rather have the default one that said WS05 and CHAMPIONS underneath. The best patch the whitesox ever had, was the COMISKEY PARK/INAUGARAL YEAR patch. It was awesome and looked great on all 3 uniforms, esp the Black Jersey. Alot of people at the booths and just walking around the Fest were basically in agreement they thought it was too bland (though the Color scheme is better without the previous Yellow) and ugly.

They shouldve used the same Color Scheming from that patch for this one ........... Maybe i'll have to design my own patch :smile:

Unregistered
01-30-2006, 11:41 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3872&d=1138642788

Here's Brooks wearing the new patch. I agree, I really wish they went with a different design - this one just kinda looks like 4 different elements stacked on top of each other. Oh well, like others said - it's better than wearing no patch at all...

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-30-2006, 01:45 PM
It's predominantly silver and black...and it 200x better than Boston's last year. Let it go already.....

Baby Fisk
01-30-2006, 02:07 PM
It's predominantly silver and black...and it 200x better than Boston's last year. Let it go already.....
Something with the Chicago skyline would have been nice. But you're right. It's got all the right words on it, no matter if the design is cheezy or not. :cool:

TheOldRoman
01-30-2006, 02:54 PM
No it's not.
They made a patch with the Red Sox generic WS champs logo, but it was never worn. It was a "fashion" patch, created just to make money.

The patch the Red Sox wore last year (albeit for one game) was very nice and classy. The Red Sox created their own patch to wear, and the White Sox put the generic patch in greyscale.

Baby Fisk
01-30-2006, 03:06 PM
The patch the Red Sox wore last year (albeit for one game) was very nice and classy. The Red Sox created their own patch to wear, and the White Sox put the generic patch in greyscale.
Is this the patch? If so, it's kind of dull.

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1965901reg.jpg

santo=dorf
01-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Hmm, I wanted that on a black alternate jersey. Now I'm not so sure with that white background.

Baby Fisk
01-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Hmm, I wanted that on a black alternate jersey. Now I'm not so sure with that white background.It doesn't look that great on a white jersey either. It needs a border.

Hangar18
01-30-2006, 04:15 PM
It doesn't look that great on a white jersey either. It needs a border.

that patch looks like it took them 5 seconds to design. It needs a Border or some kind of Color Differentiation to make it work. Black and Silver (gray) are colors that are related, and with white, just works perfectly together.
Thats why their Inaugaral Year/Comiskey Park patch was one of the best out there. Ironically they dont even wear it anymore. The giant white circle with no border is bland. They shouldve just had a SILVER patch ......with White then Black trim and that wouldve looked fantastic. (everywhere theres white, think SILVER)

TheOldRoman
01-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Is this the patch? If so, it's kind of dull.

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1965901reg.jpg
Yes. I don't think it's dull. It is a little plain, but it's simple and to the point. It doesn't need to be intricate to be good. I would take that over the patch we will wear anyday.

TheOldRoman
01-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Hmm, I wanted that on a black alternate jersey. Now I'm not so sure with that white background.
I wouldn't be surprised if they made home, road, and alt versions of the patch with different color backgrounds. It wouldn't be the first time a team has made multiple versions of the same patch to go with their jersey color. The 02 Brewers ASG patch comes to mind.

Hangar18
01-30-2006, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they made home, road, and alt versions of the patch with different color backgrounds. It wouldn't be the first time a team has made multiple versions of the same patch to go with their jersey color. The 02 Brewers ASG patch comes to mind.

The SOX also did this with their 95 year patch. Remember home one was WHITE, and the Black Patch was worn on the Gray and Black jerseys.
The Black patch was WAY better. Can someone possibly Photoshop our new patch .....but have a SILVER background? and white/Black trim?

doublem23
01-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Some of you guys are too picky. :tongue:

I think it's glorious. :D:

oeo
01-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Some of you guys are too picky. :tongue:

I think it's glorious. :D:

I agree, I think it looks good...what more do you want?

TheOldRoman
01-30-2006, 04:56 PM
The SOX also did this with their 95 year patch. Remember home one was WHITE, and the Black Patch was worn on the Gray and Black jerseys.
The Black patch was WAY better. Can someone possibly Photoshop our new patch .....but have a SILVER background? and white/Black trim?
Ah, forgot about that one. And it is sitting on my desk.

I don't think this patch would look good with a silver background. That background only can be the jersey color. It wouldn't look good with a silver background because it would clash with the sunbeams coming from the center. It would be way too intricate of a patch.

The problem, besides the design being all around crappy, is that is is too complex. It would look 100% better if they removed the sunbeams. It would be even better if they removed the sunbeams and made the patch the shape of the design, with no extra fabric on the sides.

Hangar18
01-30-2006, 04:57 PM

Actually, this patch is Predominantly WHITE, with Black and SOME silver

Hangar18
01-30-2006, 04:59 PM
The problem, besides the design being all around crappy, is that is is too complex. It would look 100% better if they removed the sunbeams. It would be even better if they removed the sunbeams and made the patch the shape of the design, with no extra fabric on the sides.

YES, get rid of the extra "patch" all over. IF the background is all SILVER, you could have WHITE beams with Black trim then ..........
It could still be done ..................

TheOldRoman
01-30-2006, 05:02 PM
YES, get rid of the extra "patch" all over. IF the background is all SILVER, you could have WHITE beams with Black trim then ..........
It could still be done ..................
Eh, maybe if I saw a photoshopped version of it I would like it, but I just dont see it looking good. Especially against the different colored jerseys.

MUScholar21
01-30-2006, 05:02 PM
I think some of us really HAVE found anything to complain about...really, in the grand scheme of things, does it matter? If it is a big deal for anyone, let me know the dates you have tickets for, I'll take 'em off your hands.

shoelessjoe90
01-30-2006, 05:25 PM
If you buy the patch, you can't sew it one or anything because it has a hard plastic backing...:(:

Baby Fisk
01-31-2006, 08:52 AM
If you buy the patch, you can't sew it one or anything because it has a hard plastic backing...:(:
Can the backing be removed?

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 09:02 AM

That "backing" your talking about is the ADHESIVE thats used to keep the patch in place. They use a hot iron to affix it to the area, then sew it on
to be permanent

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 09:07 AM
I think some of us really HAVE found anything to complain about...really, in the grand scheme of things, does it matter? If it is a big deal for anyone, let me know the dates you have tickets for, I'll take 'em off your hands.

The White Sox have designed some of the COOLEST patches in MLB.
The AllStar patch we had? AWESOME. The Inaugaral Year/Comiskey Patch? Probably the BEST ive ever seen. That 95 year patch (black)
was nice. the point is, we've had excellently designed patches before ....for us to REGRESS with that Bland-5-seconds-to-design it patch.
Yechhhh. That settles it. Im going to Make My Own Patch ...........

robiwho
01-31-2006, 10:48 AM
That settles it. Im going to Make My Own Patch ...........

Will the patch have its own tour? :wink:

Baby Fisk
01-31-2006, 10:52 AM
Yechhhh. That settles it. Im going to Make My Own Patch ...........
Safe to assume there will be foil on your patch?

Unregistered
01-31-2006, 11:05 AM
The White Sox have designed some of the COOLEST patches in MLB.
The AllStar patch we had? AWESOME. The Inaugaral Year/Comiskey Patch? Probably the BEST ive ever seen. That 95 year patch (black)
was nice. the point is, we've had excellently designed patches before ....for us to REGRESS with that Bland-5-seconds-to-design it patch.
Yechhhh. That settles it. Im going to Make My Own Patch ...........I was actually washing my Nike Sox shirt for the first time yesterday (I only wore it once - I have a lot of shirts) and I really love the design they did:
http://www.footballfanatics.com/images/productImages/_105000/FF_105592_xl.jpg

Obviously a patch couldn't be even CLOSE to as busy as this shirt, but some of the elements are perfect for a patch. The pinwheels, the skyline, etc. - it's unmistakably Chicago.

Baby Fisk
01-31-2006, 11:11 AM
I was actually washing my Nike Sox shirt for the first time yesterday (I only wore it once - I have a lot of shirts) and I really love the design they did:

Obviously a patch couldn't be even CLOSE to as busy as this shirt, but some of the elements are perfect for a patch. The pinwheels, the skyline, etc. - it's unmistakably Chicago.
*eyes popping out of sockets*

Is that still for sale? That is a sweet, sweet design. The skyline always looks good. Pinwheels too. That is a quintessential Sox design. Nice.

Unregistered
01-31-2006, 11:16 AM

Is that still for sale? That is a sweet, sweet design. The skyline always looks good. Pinwheels too. That is a quintessential Sox design. Nice.Yeah, it's easily my favorite shirt that came out after the Sox won. I just did a search and it's actually available for only $15.

http://www.whitesoxteamstore.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=94585!Nike&csurl=/istar.asp?a%3D29%26search%3Dalcentral%26sortby%3D% 26numperpage%3D18%26pos%3D18

shoelessjoe90
01-31-2006, 06:27 PM
That "backing" your talking about is the ADHESIVE thats used to keep the patch in place. They use a hot iron to affix it to the area, then sew it on
to be permanent
Is there a way I could attatch it a leather jacket?

LuvSox
01-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah, it's easily my favorite shirt that came out after the Sox won. I just did a search and it's actually available for only $15.

http://www.whitesoxteamstore.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=94585!Nike&csurl=/istar.asp?a%3D29%26search%3Dalcentral%26sortby%3D% 26numperpage%3D18%26pos%3D18 (http://www.whitesoxteamstore.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=94585%21Nike&csurl=/istar.asp?a%3D29%26search%3Dalcentral%26sortby%3D% 26numperpage%3D18%26pos%3D18)

Only available in Med & Lrg. Damn!

Brian26
01-31-2006, 09:33 PM

Is that still for sale? That is a sweet, sweet design. The skyline always looks good. Pinwheels too. That is a quintessential Sox design. Nice.

I've got the long-sleeve version...easily my favorite shirt next to the AL Champions lockerroom shirt.

Jerko
01-31-2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah, it's easily my favorite shirt that came out after the Sox won. I just did a search and it's actually available for only $15.

http://www.whitesoxteamstore.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=94585!Nike&csurl=/istar.asp?a%3D29%26search%3Dalcentral%26sortby%3D% 26numperpage%3D18%26pos%3D18

Don't let Hangar click on that link; the site is "powered by wrigleyvillesports.com"

shoelessjoe90
01-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Anybody know how to attatch a patch with the plastic backing?

EastCoastSoxFan
02-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Someone here suggested placing a hot iron on the plastic backing to soften it up enough to peel it off.
I tried and it actually does work.
My World Series Champions patch is now happily (and permanently) sewn onto my authentic home jersey...

brucefan34
02-01-2006, 08:49 AM
The fact of the matter is...I would not care if they wrote World Series Champs on the sleeves with a magic marker. We are World Series Champs and I don't think we need a logo patch to let everyone know!!!

EastCoastSoxFan
02-01-2006, 08:50 AM
The fact of the matter is...I would not care if they wrote World Series Champs on the sleeves with a magic marker. We are World Series Champs and I don't think we need a logo patch to let everyone know!!!
I agree we don't NEED logo patches to let everyone know; it's just nice to be able to finally WEAR one!

champagne030
02-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Eh, maybe if I saw a photoshopped version of it I would like it, but I just dont see it looking good. Especially against the different colored jerseys.

According to this tidbit, the patch will only be worn with the home whites.......

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0601310223jan31,1,2792436.story

"The White Sox will wear a patch commemorating their 2005 World Series championship on the right sleeve of their white home jerseys."

Hangar18
02-01-2006, 11:28 AM
According to this tidbit, the patch will only be worn with the home whites.......

"The White Sox will wear a patch commemorating their 2005 World Series championship on the right sleeve of their white home jerseys."

Yeah ............ the article was hidden in the Classifieds section

Law11
02-22-2006, 03:03 PM

I had mine put on. Took it to a local tailor. No issues. The needle went right through and it looks sharp. have it on my grey road jersy. She said at this point to get the plastic out to now go in and place a towel over the patch and with an iron go over it.

The plastic acts like an adhesive of sorts and will make the patch more flexible.

She didnt melt it first because she was afraid the needle would actually get stuck from the plastic .

MiamiSpartan
02-22-2006, 04:10 PM
The winning team usually wears it all year long....

chisoxfanatic
02-22-2006, 04:41 PM

Sweet! I had it put on the other sleeve of my authentic home white Konerko jersey! :bandance:

Hangar18
02-23-2006, 08:14 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3872&d=1138642788

Here's Brooks wearing the new patch. I agree, I really wish they went with a different design - this one just kinda looks like 4 different elements stacked on top of each other. Oh well, like others said - it's better than wearing no patch at all...

yechhhhhhhhhhhhh, im glad to see it on the White Jersey like that, because I'll make sure I DO NOT BUY THIS PATCH. how did we mess that up?

Hangar18
02-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Someone here suggested placing a hot iron on the plastic backing to soften it up enough to peel it off.
I tried and it actually does work.
My World Series Champions patch is now happily (and permanently) sewn onto my authentic home jersey...

yeah, and when you wash your jersey for the 1st time, the patch is going to curl up and get wrinkly because theres no adhesive on the other side