PDA

View Full Version : Quotes Of The Day - 1/29

Lip Man 1
01-29-2006, 02:12 PM
"He has a good fastball, he has a good breaking ball. I don't think he has enough guts."-- Ozzie Guillen to the Tribune's Mark Gonzales (talking about Arnie Munoz...)

"I think the World Baseball Classic is one of the most exciting events. It's going to be good for the game. What else am I supposed to say?" -- Kenny Williams (with sarcasm) to Joe Cowley of the Daily Southtown.

Lip

delben91
01-29-2006, 02:19 PM
"He has a good fastball, he has a good breaking ball. I don't think he has enough guts."-- Ozzie Guillen to the Tribune's Mark Gonzales (talking about Arnie Munoz...)

"I think the World Baseball Classic is one of the most exciting events. It's going to be good for the game. What else am I supposed to say?" -- Kenny Williams (with sarcasm) to Joe Cowley of the Daily Southtown.

Lip

The more I hear from Ozzie and Kenny, the more I think there isn't another manager/GM pair I'd rather have.

paciorek1983
01-29-2006, 02:23 PM
The more I hear from Ozzie and Kenny, the more I think there isn't another manager/GM pair I'd rather have.

That's a good quote too!

As for the WBC. I'm not for it at all. It will at least give us some baseball before the real thing starts, but that's the only positive I can say about it.

chisoxmike
01-29-2006, 03:11 PM

Best quote from the Saturday 4pm Town Hall Meeting was from Kenny...

"Are you ****ing me?"
His first reaction to El Duque coming out of the pen in Boston.

soxfan26
01-29-2006, 03:47 PM

"Are you ****ing me?"

:roflmao:

I had a similar reaction in the GameDay Thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=881701&postcount=449), itsnotrequired kept the faith though!

Fenway
01-29-2006, 03:48 PM

"Are you ****ing me?"

funny I said the same exact thing after he struck out Damon to end the inning :whiner:

itsnotrequired
01-29-2006, 03:52 PM
funny I said the same exact thing after he struck out Damon to end the inning :whiner:

We're all feelin' sorry for ya.

:tongue:

Brian26
01-29-2006, 05:13 PM

Lip

A better quote was from Ozzie when someone asked him who he was going to root for in the WBC...USA or Venezuela? Ozzie said Venezuala, and the crowd sort of booed. Ozzie came back with, "Hey, if I say USA, they will shoot me when I go back to Venezuela!" That got huge laughs and applause.

itsnotrequired
01-29-2006, 05:15 PM
A better quote was from Ozzie when someone asked him who he was going to root for in the WBC...USA or Venezuela? Ozzie said Venezuala, and the crowd sort of booed. Ozzie came back with, "Hey, if I say USA, they will shoot me when I go back to Venezuela!" That got huge laughs and applause.

What a traitor! Time to revoke his citizenship.:tongue:

Domeshot17
01-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Kind of a funny qoute from a signing today

Brian Anderson after my gf asked him to make her autopragh out to Kate

" Nope, Cant do that, bad luck. My EX Girlfriend's name was Kate. Wait, are you my EX Girlfriend?....(sad look on kate)...Hey Im only kidding I'll make it out to Kate"

spiffie
01-30-2006, 11:18 AM
That one was mine. My friends and I were discussing that in line on Friday and I decided that was the sort of thing the people just had to know ;)

daveeym
01-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Lip These are tough ones. On one hand I feel comments like these should be left for when someone leaves the organization and/or kept between the player and management. On the other hand if used as a challenge to Munoz to step it up, it can pay great dividends.