PDA

View Full Version : Atrium Bar Recap

Mots09
01-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Since my buddies and I couldn't make it this year I would like to get a feel for how it was this year..

I know there were some memorable times last year, but everyone that made it memorable are gone: Willie, Aro, and Crazy Carl.

I also heard that a majority of the Sox were at the Bulls game on Saturday... Did they come back to the bar after the game was oveR?

soxwon
01-29-2006, 11:55 AM
friday night only aj showed up(briefly) he wasn't very sociable, didnt really want to sign.ozzie jr was there, melton was there gettin loaded.someone said Dave Wills was there.a big disapointment.youll have to ask Hangar who was there sat. night.

DumpJerry
01-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Was there Sat. night. Hangar18 was there with his buddy (i.e. The Trophy)-it was a big hit. Ozzie, jr. asked Hangar to make him one and gave him his phone number (now we need to protect Henry from Bafiarocks). Met Palehose13. Chisoxgirl, Pinwheels, Pinwheels3530, Cheeses_H_Rice, Chisoxmike, Chips and the Dude (they always seem to travel as a pair), Steff and others whose names escape me right now were there (including Sean, whose screen name escapes me).

Left at 11:00, did not see any players.

There was a guy in a Cubs hat there. He got what he deserved (total and complete verbal harassment), including a resounding na na na na, hey hey goodbye when he finally left. He seemed to enjoy the attention but was upset that the bar did not serve Old Style.

NINE WEEKS TO GO!!!!!

jenn2080
01-29-2006, 12:27 PM
I was there for a while on Friday. I saw Harold upstairs for a while. Aj walked up and was not up there long. Downstairs I saw Brian Anderson and Bmac. They were pretty cool just hangin out. I saw Garland briefly going to his room with what I assume was his girlfriend. He had his normal fratastic look on his face.

dllrbll7
01-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Saturday night was a good time and there was definately alot of liquor consumed. I think the highlight was Brooks coming over because he thought we had the real trophy or later in the night when he came by and sat down and talked to us for about 30min. Besides him and ozzie jr I didnt see anyone else at the bar. Cant wait for next year!

Viva Medias B's
01-29-2006, 05:57 PM
I was among the participants in this unofficial annual event. I was there from about 8:30 to 1:00. The players were at the Bulls game showing off the trophy, which produced cheers from the atrium bar which had the game on. Later in the night, Brandon McCarthy and Brian Anderson did show up and mingled with people. Ozzie Jr. seemed to serve as the unoffical Sox host of the party, going from table to table and talking to people. No doubt, however, the life of the party was Hangar18 and his trophy. People kept getting their pictures taken with the trophy. It was a great time and truly the highlight of SoxFest. Of course, this turns out to be the final SoxFest atrium bar party with the move to the Palmer House next season.

BeefyD
01-29-2006, 06:01 PM
That's cool to hear that some players made it up there. Friday night didn't seem like much going on, although plenty of people were there. If I hadn't developed a headache by the end of the night, I would've stayed past 9pm.

Ozzie Jr. always seems to be the link between the team and the fans. :smile:

Oh, and Viva: Your sig hurts, man... Deep.. UIC-Alum here....

chisoxmike
01-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Some photos are being uploaded now in the gallery. Stay on the look out.

Daver
01-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Some photos are being uploaded now in the gallery. Stay on the look out.

I just approved them, they are there now.

Scottiehaswheels
01-29-2006, 06:28 PM
I just approved them, they are there now. I never really looked at the photo section but just saw the Worlds Series photos from Houston, even though I was there I still got goose bumps seeing those photos of the scoreboard..

officerron
01-29-2006, 07:45 PM
it was an awesome time both nights...friday yes aj and ozzie jr were there, BA and bmac showed up, had a few drinks, saturday went down to hard drive with BA, definately took care of me and my friends, which was huge...definately an awesome weekend.

skobabe8
01-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks to everyone who is recapping Saturday night. I was there but have no recollection of what happened. :cool:

ChiSoxGirl
01-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks to everyone who is recapping Saturday night. I was there but have no recollection of what happened. :cool:

You don't remember anything?! Well, I guess two fishbowl drinks with converted took care of that! :tongue: We took many pictures, which I'll post within the next couple days.

The Dude
01-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Atrium bar was pretty cool and included many beers consumed by myself, chips and a few other non WSI buddies of ours that werent purchased at the bar itself!:tongue: Saturday night is definitely the fuzziest of memories because we consumed quite a few :gulp:

It will be interesting to see how the Palmer house compares.

INSox56
01-30-2006, 12:51 PM
LOL did NO ONE see Mackowiak at the bar saturday? I noticed that not too many people were coming over to him so he laughed when I told him it must be nice to be the new face, you don't get mobbed...On a funnier note...he checked out my GF a couple times and said "wow" when she walked by once LOL

robiwho
01-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Saturday in the bar was definitely the highlight of the weekend. It was great to meet Hangar (the pics are coming!), ChiSoxGirl (we've got to talk scrapbooks when we're sober), ChiSoxMike (I will see you at a game next season), super-cool DollarBill, The Dude, Cheeses_H_Rice and everyone else I met but I can't seem to remember due to huge Guinness consumption!

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: <--Actual number of pints I consumed during the evening...

The highlight of the evening was Brooks turning into the White Sox Yenta. He tried to set me up with a complete stranger and I told him that I was married. The rest of the night he called me Married Girl.

Also talked to Rob Mackowiak for a while; he was great, a really nice guy.

All in all a fine evening with great White Sox Fans!

chisoxmike
01-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Saturday in the bar was definitely the highlight of the weekend. It was great to meet Hangar (the pics are coming!), ChiSoxGirl (we've got to talk scrapbooks when we're sober), ChiSoxMike (I will see you at a game next season), super-cool DollarBill, The Dude, Cheeses_H_Rice and everyone else I met but I can't seem to remember due to huge Guinness consumption!

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: <--Actual number of pints I consumed during the evening...

The highlight of the evening was Brooks turning into the White Sox Yenta. He tried to set me up with a complete stranger and I told him that I was married. The rest of the night he called me Married Girl.

HA! I was wondering why Brooks was saying that. Yes, we'll meet up coming this season, and I'll reprise my Twins hatered for you.

DannyCaterFan
01-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Anyone happen to notice a certain Comcast reporter all over his girlfriend in the bar early Saturday night? Apparently he was not able to get one of the rooms at the Hyatt.

robiwho
01-30-2006, 10:41 PM
HA! I was wondering why Brooks was saying that. Yes, we'll meet up coming the season, and I'll reprise my Twins hatered for you.

I'm counting on it!

robiwho
01-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Anyone happen to notice a certain Comcast reporter all over his girlfriend in the bar early Saturday night? Apparently he was not able to get one of the rooms at the Hyatt.

Were you the guy who pointed them out to us?

chisoxmike
01-30-2006, 10:45 PM

Yeah, he was a nice guy. I talked to him Friday night. I didn't see his antics Saturday though.

DannyCaterFan
01-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Were you the guy who pointed them out to us?

No, I was just there earlier having a beer with my wife and was standing right next to him. We went to dinner and I showed up later in the evening, but by that time He and his girlfriend were gone.

robiwho
01-30-2006, 10:59 PM
No, I was just there earlier having a beer with my wife and was standing right next to him. We went to dinner and I showed up later in the evening, but by that time He and his girlfriend were gone.

Another (very drunk) guy came over to point them out to us. Commented that they were both married...and definitely not to each other.

ChiSoxGirl
01-30-2006, 11:02 PM

It was also great meeting you- another female die-hard like myself! We'll talk scrapbooks soon! :smile: I've got some pictures from the festivities in the bar; they're uploaded to my computer and will be posted within the next day or two... as is that one of Podsednik I showed you. :cool:

robiwho
01-30-2006, 11:14 PM
It was also great meeting you- another female die-hard like myself! We'll talk scrapbooks soon! :smile: I've got some pictures from the festivities in the bar; they're uploaded to my computer and will be posted within the next day or two... as is that one of Podsednik I showed you. :cool:

Excellent! It was great meeting you. Most of my Sox Friends are boys, so it's great to meet other women who obsess on the Sox -- and not in a bafiarocks03 kind of way (just kidding bafiarocks! :D:)

I was shooting 35mm this weekend (so old-fashioned, ain't I?), so I'll have to get them developed and set to disk so I can get them posted.

JohnBasedowYoda
01-31-2006, 12:22 AM
Was there on friday. Got wasted and was all over some non-soxfan-british girl. Not sure if she was cute or not. Early reports are no good.... Spent a $100 on booze.

It was awesome drinkin with chisoxmike, dude, and chisoxgirl.

Why do i always get hammered at sox events?

chisoxmike
01-31-2006, 12:24 AM
Was there on friday. Got wasted and was all over some non-soxfan-british girl. Not sure if she was cute or not. Early reports are no good.... Spent a $100 on booze.

haha, yeah. i remember you disappeared after a while friday night. I was wondering where you went.

DumpJerry
01-31-2006, 12:26 AM
Spent a $100 on booze.
At the prices they were charging, that would come to about three drinks.

chisoxmike
01-31-2006, 12:27 AM
At the prices they were charging, that would come to about three drinks.

Thats why I backpacked Saturday night and went to the store across the street with Bill. One bottle of Miller Lite @Hyatt=$6
One 6-PACK across the street = $5 and good times!

DeuceUnit
01-31-2006, 12:35 AM
It took me 2 days to remember but now I do recall paying the DJ $20 to play Thunderstruck sometime later Saturday night...:gulp:

JohnBasedowYoda
01-31-2006, 12:36 AM
haha, yeah. i remember you disappeared after a while friday night. I was wondering where you went.

Man we went to this club called the "hunt club" Not sure....
But I think it was some sort of Saudi Arabian night club.

Talk about good times for sure

ChiSoxGirl
01-31-2006, 09:04 AM
It took me 2 days to remember but now I do recall paying the DJ $20 to play Thunderstruck sometime later Saturday night...:gulp:

I heard that, but it was kind of mixed with some other song and didn't last very long. Oh well, still great times had by all! :bandance:

DumpJerry
01-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Man we went to this club called the "hunt club" Not sure....
But I think it was some sort of Saudi Arabian night club.

Talk about good times for sure
When he was here, Big Frank hung out a lot at the Hunt Club. So did Rowand. Cotts goes there a lot these days, he has friends there.

Good choice.:smile:

skottyj242
01-31-2006, 10:48 AM
You don't remember anything?! Well, I guess two fishbowl drinks with converted took care of that! :tongue: We took many pictures, which I'll post within the next couple days.

Speaking of fishbowls, how's your friend feeling after the Friday night bender?

ChiSoxGirl
01-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Speaking of fishbowls, how's your friend feeling after the Friday night bender?

She wouldn't admit the two fishbowl margaritas were the reason, but she was in the room from 3:30p onward Saturday, and according to the two guys who'd make the beer run to my room, was in bed by 9:30 or 10p! I tried to tell her tequila is poison, but she wouldn't hear of it. She didn't even come down to the Big Bar on Saturday night, which is fine because I had way more fun without her there!

jdm2662
01-31-2006, 12:24 PM
She wouldn't admit the two fishbowl margaritas were the reason, but she was in the room from 3:30p onward Saturday, and according to the two guys who'd make the beer run to my room, was in bed by 9:30 or 10p! I tried to tell her tequila is poison, but she wouldn't hear of it. She didn't even come down to the Big Bar on Saturday night, which is fine because I had way more fun without her there!

That's always nice to know...

I saw a drink that was like five feet high. Was that what you are referring to fish bowl drink? I'd die if I drank something like that...

Thanks for the heads up on Friday, but it was WAY too crowded for me. I had to work on Saturday morning anyway, and driving home from the city after loads of drinking probably isn't the most smartest thing in the world...

ChiSoxGirl
01-31-2006, 12:27 PM
That's always nice to know...

I saw a drink that was like five feet high. Was that what you are referring to fish bowl drink? I'd die if I drank something like that...

Thanks for the heads up on Friday, but it was WAY too crowded for me. I had to work on Saturday morning anyway, and driving home from the city after loads of drinking probably isn't the most smartest thing in the world...

You'd understand why I had more fun without her there if you knew her like I do! :rolleyes: To quote Hawk, "MERCY!" Let's just say I'm not rooming with her anymore.

I'm not referring to the five foot drink- that was more for beer. This one was like a huge martini glass that resembled the size of a fishbowl. When I get my pictures uploaded to the gallery, you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.

alohafri
01-31-2006, 12:34 PM
I heard that, but it was kind of mixed with some other song and didn't last very long. Oh well, still great times had by all! :bandance:

You think a dance bar DJ is going to play an entire AC/DC song except "You Shook Me All Night Long?" :wink:

ChiSoxGirl
01-31-2006, 12:36 PM
You think a dance bar DJ is going to play an entire AC/DC song except "You Shook Me All Night Long?" :wink:

Very true! I was surprised they even played a few verses of "Thunderstruck," to be honest! :cool:

DeuceUnit
01-31-2006, 12:37 PM

I know, but I had to try!!!

jdm2662
01-31-2006, 12:52 PM
You'd understand why I had more fun without her there if you knew her like I do! :rolleyes: To quote Hawk, "MERCY!" Let's just say I'm not rooming with her anymore.

I'm not referring to the five foot drink- that was more for beer. This one was like a huge martini glass that resembled the size of a fishbowl. When I get my pictures uploaded to the gallery, you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.

The way it sounds, I think you might be doing much less with her than just not rooming for a weekend...

diamondkings29
01-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Josh Fields of the Charlotte Knights was there in the atrium on Friday night and no one noticed him.

Mots09
01-31-2006, 12:58 PM
Who were the two Comcast reporters that were at the bar? Enlighten someone who wasn't there.

MUsoxfan
01-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Who were the two Comcast reporters that were at the bar? Enlighten someone who wasn't there.

I saw a very sloppy Chuck Garfiend on Friday night. Looked like he hadn't moved from his seat in hours

skottyj242
01-31-2006, 01:37 PM
I went on Friday night and met up with PDimas and eventually a VERY intoxicated Hangar. I sat right next to Dave Wills and Bill Melton, talked with both for a little bit but Bill was way to busy talking to every girl that walked past him. I didn't make it down Saturday but now I wish I would have.

DannyCaterFan
01-31-2006, 02:30 PM
I saw a very sloppy Chuck Garfiend on Friday night. Looked like he hadn't moved from his seat in hours

I saw Mitch Robinson of Comcast

leens01
01-31-2006, 06:20 PM
Saturday was a lot of fun in the bar. I only remember the names of Hangar, Chisoxgirl, and chisoxmike. Sorry if I met others. I was tired so I didn't really talk to a lot of people I didn't know. Hangar was trying to convince my sister to join the board all night. It was pretty amusing to listen to that conversation. I hope you made it to work nicely, Chisoxgirl. Also, I hope you didn't think I meant for you to bring down your scrapbook. Thinking back, I might have thought that. When you guys get together to talk scrapbooks, let me know. I am still trying to figure out what to do with mine. Just started it and it is pretty good so far, I think!

dllrbll7
01-31-2006, 08:05 PM

What you didnt enjoy drinking with me??? I see how it is. Ya no more nonfan british girls for you! You should have stuck around for saturday it was alot cheaper and drunker....

dllrbll7
01-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Thats why I backpacked Saturday night and went to the store across the street with Bill. One bottle of Miller Lite @Hyatt=$6
One 6-PACK across the street = $5 and good times!

I think that was the play of the weekend, definately worth the walk/run in the rain to the store and drinking a few warm beers....

JohnBasedowYoda
01-31-2006, 08:17 PM
What you didnt enjoy drinking with me??? I see how it is. Ya no more nonfan british girls for you! You should have stuck around for saturday it was alot cheaper and drunker....

My bad.

ChiSoxGirl
01-31-2006, 10:23 PM
I think that was the play of the weekend, definately worth the walk/run in the rain to the store and drinking a few warm beers....

And whose hotel room harbored those beers in her sink on ice all night long?! :wink:

ChiSoxGirl
01-31-2006, 11:40 PM
My pictures from this weekend are up in the WSI Members, Management, and Current Players galleries. :smile:

chisoxfanatic
01-31-2006, 11:56 PM
My pictures from this weekend are up in the WSI Members, Management, and Current Players galleries. :smile:

Awesome pictures! Looks like you had some fun! :bandance:

robiwho
02-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Nice pictures! The one of you and Brooks is great!

ChiSoxGirl
02-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Nice pictures! The one of you and Brooks is great!

Thanks! I really like that one, too. Brooks rules! He kept calling me the WSI spaz from his seminar that afternoon all night! :cool:

robiwho
02-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Thanks! I really like that one, too. Brooks rules! He kept calling me the WSI spaz from his seminar that afternoon all night! :cool:

Somehow WSI Spaz seems better than Married Girl! I'll have to work on getting a better nickname next year...

skottyj242
02-01-2006, 01:00 PM

Are there any pictures of your roommate getting sick?

ChiSoxGirl
02-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Are there any pictures of your roommate getting sick?

Not so much. The last thing in the world I wanted to capture with the digital camera was her being sick all night long! I saw all I needed the next morning when I noticed she didn't clean up well at all, and I wouldn't want to subject anyone else to those wonderful memories! :angry:

chisoxfanatic
02-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Not so much. The last thing in the world I wanted to capture with the digital camera was her being sick all night long! I saw all I needed the next morning when I noticed she didn't clean up well at all, and I wouldn't want to subject anyone else to those wonderful memories! :angry:

Ewwwwwww! I'm sorry you had to go through that, Jen! How bad was it??? :(:

jdm2662
02-01-2006, 02:58 PM

The way it sounded with her, I'm surprised you didn't kick her ass. I'm sure she was worthy of it.