PDA

View Full Version : Internship at Sox Ad Agency

Two By Four
01-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Okay to be fair to everyone (not just the people that are PMing me), I will post this thread about the internship opportunities I mention in the New Grinder Posters thread.

Yes, Two by Four (the Sox ad agency of which I am creative director and owner), have account and creative interns and yes we are accepting applications right now for both the spring and summer. To apply you just need to email us, but there are some stipulations:

1. If you are not currently in school for marketing, either on the account side or creative side, you might be wasting your time. That's because we get hundreds of applications each year for about 20 spots. So those students that are in marketing or advertising programs have a better shot. (However, we really like cool, interesting people so you never know.)

2. Only the creative interns ever get to work on the Sox account, and that is very limited. The reality is, that with so many applicants, you really need a portfolio to get accepted. Also, obviously working on the Sox account is fun and everyone wants to do it. So being an intern, well that whole low man on the totem pole thing kicks in. (However, last year the Grinder Rule of "Believe in magic not magic numbers" and the Ballpark/Frank Thomas tv spot, were both written by an intern.)

3. YOU DO NOT GET PAID. Again, with so many applicants it's a sellers market so to speak. You do get a great opportunity to work directly with big advertising clients like Wrangler Jeans, Bridgestone, Motorola, US Cellular, Coke, and the White Sox. Also our interns are right in the thick of things, making ads, going to shoots, etc. And like I said in the earlier thread, we have beer on tap, a pool table, a three-hole putting green, and a massage chair lounge with plasma tv's and xbox. (Oh and we get plenty of Sox tickets!)

I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just trying to make sure you all know the reality. If you are interested email me directly at:

dstevenson@twoxfour.com

And I will direct your email to the appropriate person running the intern program, account or creative. That way I will try to give preferrential treatment to WSI members. PLEASE USE THE SUBJECT LINE: WSI INTERN

Thanks.

nedlug
01-29-2006, 12:16 PM
And should any full-time candidates send you their resumes as well?

Two By Four
01-29-2006, 12:37 PM
And should any full-time candidates send you their resumes as well?
Absolutely! Again, can't guarantee anything, but love to meet new people...

Baby Fisk
01-30-2006, 08:32 AM
This is a golden opportunity that everyone should take seriously (in light of a couple of recent "what should I do with my life" threads here). I wish I was 10 years younger and lived in Chicago. :(:

ilsox7
01-30-2006, 08:38 AM
Seeing as though advertising is not my field, I just have to ask: what type of beer do you keep on tap at the office?

ewokpelts
01-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Any positions for Graphic Designers? Even if it's NOT for the Sox account?
Gene

Tekijawa
01-30-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm really good at looking busy, over 6 years experience! I don't have any marketing experience but I know how to drink, go to Sox games, and play pool... So if you guys ever need some one tall, to come in a stand somewhere and look important, or not look important, or even just sit there (I'm a multi-tasker), let me know! I don't know what people who do this make... I'm too lazy to look that kind of information up, but I would probably take less than 6 figures to do these things!

Let me know! Just PM me...:D:

Your ad's rock keep up the good work.
</IMG>

Two By Four
01-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Seeing as though advertising is not my field, I just have to ask: what type of beer do you keep on tap at the office?
It's been known to change, but right now I think it's one of the Goose Island beers.

FarSouthSoxFan
01-30-2006, 05:23 PM
While you're at it, will you be hiring someone to correct the horrid spelling, punctuation, and grammar of your website?

ilsox7
01-30-2006, 05:47 PM
It's been known to change, but right now I think it's one of the Goose Island beers.

Very nice. I was concerned the coolness of having beer on tap would be offset by it being ****ty beer. Well done!

Two By Four
01-30-2006, 07:50 PM
While you're at it, will you be hiring someone to correct the horrid spelling, punctuation, and grammar of your website?
I have no need to hire someone for that when I have people like you! Feel free to point out the "horrible" spelling, punctuation, and grammar problems you find. I would hate for those to take away from your experience with the site.