PDA

View Full Version : Boston tix....

Scottiehaswheels
01-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Anyone else here try to get tix to see our Sox vs. the Carmines this AM? If you're a local (fenway)... I got 4 tix each in 147AA and 113BB... Are these decent seats at fenway?

Fenway
01-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Anyone else here try to get tix to see our Sox vs. the Carmines this AM? If you're a local (fenway)... I got 4 tix each in 147AA and 113BB... Are these decent seats at fenway?

you do it by phone or net?

147 you are behind 3B in upper boxes and 113 behind first. Both are prime seats ( of course for $85 a pop they better be )

Scottiehaswheels
01-28-2006, 10:59 AM
you do it by phone or net?

147 you are behind 3B in upper boxes and 113 behind first. Both are prime seats ( of course for $85 a pop they better be )

Net... opened up about 30 virtual waiting rooms for them... the first set I got within 2 minutes of them going on sale.. the 113BB's... the other set took like half an hour longer...

So are these lower level tix? also I got a statement with the 147AA that they are a walkway traffic advisory... That just means that vendors and the ilk are gonna be walkin in front of me right?

You wanna know sad.... I got 4 tickets for $361 for Fenway.... Yesterday I bought 20 tix in approximately the same viewing location for the Twins for $438.... Plus with the twins I get a free hot dog (with actual bun) and free pop included with each seat

Fenway
01-28-2006, 11:10 AM
So are these lower level tix? also I got a statement with the 147AA that they are a walkway traffic advisory... That just means that vendors and the ilk are gonna be walkin in front of me right?

The first row after the walkway isn't that bad as there is enough elevation.

The prices :o: :(:

The Twins need the same people to buy 5 to 10 games a season, the Red Sox only need people to come once so they can get away with these prices.

dcb56
01-28-2006, 11:43 AM
The first row after the walkway isn't that bad as there is enough elevation.

The prices :o: :(:

The Twins need the same people to buy 5 to 10 games a season, the Red Sox only need people to come once so they can get away with these prices.

Once you do get through there's an extra $3.50/ticket "convenience" fee and a $7.00/order "processing" fee, so an order for two tickets costs an extra 14 bones on top of the already outrageous ticket prices. It sure must cost a ton of money to operate the Virtual Waiting Room. How else could they justify charging such an amount in processing fees?

And to think people here scream bloody murder whenever TM adds an extra $2 in fees for a White Sox ticket.

Scottiehaswheels
01-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Once you do get through there's an extra $3.50/ticket "convenience" fee and a $7.00/order "processing" fee, so an order for two tickets costs an extra 15 bones on top of the already outrageous ticket prices. It sure must cost a ton of money to operate the Virtual Waiting Room. How else could they justify charging such an amount in processing fees?

And to think people here scream bloody murder whenever TM adds an extra $2 in fees for a White Sox ticket.

HA NOOOOO doubt... I think I'm gonna try to sell 2 of each of the 4 I bought ... these prices on brokers pagers are ridiculous.... maybe offer em for like $210 and pay off the entire purchase... basically get good seats in Fenway for like $2 a ticket lol

what games/seats did you get?

Fenway
01-28-2006, 11:53 AM
reading nothing but horror stories on the Boston boards about the Virtual Waiting Room

Scottiehaswheels
01-28-2006, 11:56 AM
reading nothing but horror stories on the Boston boards about the Virtual Waiting Room

Mine went pretty quickly... of course I was in the waiting rooms about half an hour before the tix actually went on sale otherwise I'd prolly be having the same issues... I jumped on here around 8:30 locally.. 9:30 your time I guess... I was kinda surprised they opened them up before they actually went on sale but I'm not gonna complain...

dcb56
01-28-2006, 12:01 PM
HA NOOOOO doubt... I think I'm gonna try to sell 2 of each of the 4 I bought ... these prices on brokers pagers are ridiculous.... maybe offer em for like $210 and pay off the entire purchase... basically get good seats in Fenway for like $2 a ticket lol

what games/seats did you get?

I've been in Waiting Room hell for over an hour now trying to get two for Tuesday's game. I recently had a friend move to Boston, so my plan if I can get through is to take an extended holiday weekend road trip to visit and to catch a game at Fenway (I've never been) in the process.

Scottiehaswheels
01-28-2006, 12:02 PM
I've been in Waiting Room hell for over an hour now trying to get two for Tuesday's game. I recently had a friend move to Boston, so my plan if I can get through is to take an extended holiday weekend road trip to visit and catch a game at Fenway in the process.

Well if you're willing to split costs I have 2 extra for sure for that day... split that 361 down the middle?

Probably won't be able to get a better seat now... I suspect they're sold into the bleachers by now

Fenway
01-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Mine went pretty quickly... of course I was in the waiting rooms about half an hour before the tix actually went on sale otherwise I'd prolly be having the same issues... I jumped on here around 8:30 locally.. 9:30 your time I guess... I was kinda surprised they opened them up before they actually went on sale but I'm not gonna complain...

they were not supposed to :?:

The box office at Fenway doesn't even open intil February 11th and I doubt there will be very much left by then.

I am sick of looking at this

Welcome to the Boston Red Sox Virtual Waiting Room!
Single-game tickets for all Red Sox home games (except for the nine contests against the Yankees) are on sale now!
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT PATRONS ARE SELECTED FROM THIS VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM ON A RANDOM BASIS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE TICKETS.
We are experiencing very high demand. As a result, all requests for seats cannot be served simultaneously. Please be patient, and your browser will be refreshed in:
When we refresh your browser, we will determine your status in the waiting room and if appropriate give you an opportunity to request seats. DO NOT REFRESH THIS WINDOW. We appreciate your patience.
Tremendous interest for Boston Red Sox tickets may produce lengthy wait times. While waiting, please be sure to read the following important information and check for general availability status below.

A TWO game, up to FOUR tickets per-game, per-person limit is set for this online sale.
All tickets are sold on a first-come first-served basis while supplies last and all sales are subject to availability.
A $3.50 per-ticket convenience fee and a $7 per-order processing fee will be assessed to all online orders.
Purchasers who exceed posted limits or use automated systems are subject to a complete cancellation of ALL ticket orders and removal from future ticket purchasing opportunities.
You will be required to reselect your game choices from the schedule page once selected from the virtual waiting room.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE LOGGED INTO YOUR OWN MLB.COM/REDSOX.COM ACCOUNT FOR EACH TRANSACTION. CHANGING THE CONTACT INFORMATION ON THE PAYMENT PAGE WILL ONLY UPDATE THE CUSTOMER ACCOUNT; IT WILL NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT.
If you should require accessible seating, please call (877) RED-SOX9 and follow the prompts for assistance. Hearing impaired patrons may call the TTY line at (617) 226-6644.
Please note that due to the unprecedented demand for New York Yankee tickets, all nine games against the Yankees will not be available during today’s sale. Information about a special registration/ random drawing process to give fans a chance to purchase tickets for these games will be forthcoming.
Tickets for the Green Monster and Right Field Roof Deck areas are not available during this sale. Information regarding the sale of these tickets will be forthcoming.
We welcome you to visit redsox.com for more information on these sales as it becomes available.
AVAILABILITY STATUS FOR TODAY’S SALE – UPDATED 28JAN06 11:00 AM EST
The following games are sold out:
none
The following games have very limited availability- only scattered single seats, obstructed view grandstand and/or standing room tickets remain:
4/11, 4/18, 4/19, 4/20, 5/3, 5/4, 5/5, 5/6, 5/7, 5/12, 5/13, 5/14, 5/25, 5/27, 5/28

Scottiehaswheels
01-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Sorry fenway that sucks... well since these are games during the week I doubt my girlfriend will go.... I can offer one to you at face+ the associated costs per ticket if you have any interest... be nice to have a lil section of White Sox fans together

Fenway
01-28-2006, 12:13 PM
As of NOON Eastern seems to be good White Sox tickets to be had it you can get past the VWR

12 NOON update

AVAILABILITY STATUS FOR TODAY’S SALE – UPDATED 28JAN06 12:00 PM EST

The following games are sold out:

none

The following games have very limited availability- only scattered single seats, obstructed view grandstand and/or standing room tickets remain:

4/11, 4/15, 4/18, 4/19, 4/20, 5/3, 5/4, 5/5, 5/6, 5/7, 5/12, 5/13, 5/14, 5/25, 5/27, 5/28, 6/24, 6/27, 6/28, 6/29, 7/29, 9/30, 10/1

dcb56
01-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Fenway, I was able to get tix in B125, Row AA. How good are these seats? What does "Walkway Traffic Advisory" mean?

EDIT: Nevermind, you answered my question regarding the walkway traffic advisory earlier in the thread.

Fenway
01-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Fenway, I was able to get tix in B125, Row AA. How good are these seats? What does "Walkway Traffic Advisory" mean?

right behind home plate ( you be on TV )

walkway advisory means if somebody more than 6" 2" walks down the walkway you will be blocked for a couple of seconds. But as a rule there is enough elevation in the first row.

Scottiehaswheels
01-28-2006, 12:30 PM

walkway advisory means if somebody more than 6" 2" walks down the walkway you will be blocked for a couple of seconds. But as a rule there is enough elevation in the first row.

Either of you guys tempted by these A's tix on sale now? I think i have 7 road trips already planned this year... plenty for me... plus I'd like to avoid Cali if at all possible

Also... Do you know when we will receive these tix? Do they mail em out like a week after you buy them or will we get them in March like the Good Sox tix?

Fenway
01-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Either of you guys tempted by these A's tix on sale now? I think i have 7 road trips already planned this year... plenty for me... plus I'd like to avoid Cali if at all possible

Also... Do you know when we will receive these tix? Do they mail em out like a week after you buy them or will we get them in March like the Good Sox tix?

Red Sox fans are buying them like crazy since that can't get them in Boston

thanks to Jet Blue, Oakland is cheap to get to

dcb56
01-28-2006, 12:41 PM

It'd be fun since I have a friend in San Fran who could put me up, but between the cost of Sox season tix, the tix I bought for games in Minnesota (I'm going to visit a friend who lives in Ames, IA en route), the tickets I'm going to buy in Milwaukee for a Cubs series with one of my Loveable Loser fan friends, and now these tix in Boston, I've more than blown my budget for baseball tickets this year.

Scottiehaswheels
01-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Red Sox fans are buying them like crazy since that can't get them in Boston

thanks to Jet Blue, Oakland is cheap to get to

Ha I was just gonna post that idea over there for those poor souls...

Fenway
01-28-2006, 12:49 PM
those trying for seats in Boston try this link

http://frontline.purchasenow.tickets.com/buy/MLBEventInfo?agency=MLB&orgid=23&trxstate=8&roomid=5

Scottiehaswheels
01-28-2006, 12:52 PM
Ugh... just ran a tally on my baseball tix credit card bill..... UGLY! I still have to pay for some airfare and all the hotels plus a couple more various series(Pittsburgh&Cincy).... WHOOOO HOOOOO

Scottiehaswheels
01-28-2006, 01:29 PM
It'd be fun since I have a friend in San Fran who could put me up, but between the cost of Sox season tix, the tix I bought for games in Minnesota (I'm going to visit a friend who lives in Ames, IA en route), the tickets I'm going to buy in Milwaukee for a Cubs series with one of my Loveable Loser fan friends, and now these tix in Boston, I've more than blown my budget for baseball tickets this year. What games are you going to in Minny? I got 8 Sox games and 2 Cubs... selling the Cubs ones on stubhub to pay for the whole lot.... prolly end up selling some of the Sox games too but we'll see

dcb56
01-28-2006, 01:39 PM
What games are you going to in Minny? I got 8 Sox games and 2 Cubs... selling the Cubs ones on stubhub to pay for the whole lot.... prolly end up selling some of the Sox games too but we'll see

I'm headed to Minnesota for the series over Mothers Day weekend and for the final series of the regular season. Going to visit my friend in Ames on the Fridays, then head up to Minny for the Saturday and Sunday games.

Scottiehaswheels
01-28-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm headed to Minnesota for the series over Mothers Day weekend and for the final series of the regular season. Going to visit my friend in Ames on the Fridays, then head up to Minny for the Saturday and Sunday games. right on... I'm goin to the closing series for sure... tryin to decide between my August or May series though... where are your seats? June, August, and Sept are gonna be VERY busy travelling months for me...I just signed up for 3 different frequent flyer programs.... I'm an idiot.. I should have done that a couple years ago

Scottiehaswheels
01-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Once you do get through there's an extra $3.50/ticket "convenience" fee and a $7.00/order "processing" fee, so an order for two tickets costs an extra 14 bones on top of the already outrageous ticket prices. It sure must cost a ton of money to operate the Virtual Waiting Room. How else could they justify charging such an amount in processing fees?

I also just bought some Athletics tix vs. the Sox in September... $5 a ticket for the convienience fee.... even worse than the Red Sox... course my seats in Oakland only ended up costing $43 with that fee instead of $88.50 but anyways

Fenway
02-01-2006, 01:50 PM
for anybody so inclined The Red Sox are now having their lottery for Yankees, Green Monster and Right Field Roof seats.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/ticketing/y2006/tickets_form.jsp

MUsoxfan
02-01-2006, 01:56 PM

How is it that those seats are available online and weren't gobbled up by season-ticket holders?

Fenway
02-01-2006, 01:58 PM
How is it that those seats are available online and weren't gobbled up by season-ticket holders?

they keep a select few for the peons :tongue:

MUsoxfan
02-01-2006, 01:59 PM
they keep a select few for the peons :tongue:

I can see that. It's not like they're not gonna be sold if season ticket holders don't buy them

Scottiehaswheels
02-02-2006, 05:43 PM

I wondered the same thing myself when I was hearing all these reports from redsox.com that they had record season ticket sales etc... Then I end up buyin tix directly behind the White Sox dugout for one game and the Red Sox dugout for another? Seemed kinda fishy to me