PDA

View Full Version : Soxfest seminar w/ Brooks

paciorek1983
01-28-2006, 10:27 AM
Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to get Soxfest tickets this year. So, can anyone who went to the marketing seminar with Brooks please provide a summary?

Sox35th
01-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Also, what are the promations and dates this year??
I know someone posted that the schedule was out Friday night.

Jjav829
01-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to get Soxfest tickets this year. So, can anyone who went to the marketing seminar with Brooks please provide a summary?

I hear he told everyone to stop emailing him.

Brian26
01-28-2006, 09:13 PM

I only caught the last half of Friday night's seminar with Brooks. The two main points were that a.) all possible playoff tickets available for 2006 are gone due to the new season ticket packages that were sold. So, if the playoffs somehow magically started tomorrow, there would be no internet/Ticketmaster sales...there are enough season ticket holders who have the right to purchase playoff tickets that they wouldn't be able to offer extras (unless season ticket holders declined the playoff ticket opportunities, but who in their right mind would do that?) b.) He thanked the fan base for spending money on the team, which gave Kenny a chance to bump up the payroll.

Also, Brooks was wearing the throwback uniform the Sox will wear on Sundays. I'm not a big fan of that uni though.

DrCrawdad
01-28-2006, 09:33 PM
...Brooks was wearing the throwback uniform the Sox will wear on Sundays. I'm not a big fan of that uni though.

Which uniform is it that they are going to wear?

CHISOXFAN13
01-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Which uniform is it that they are going to wear?

The regular uni's will also feature a sweet World Series champions patch.

Brian26
01-28-2006, 09:45 PM

It's a cream white color with a dark blue "C" on the right chest. It's not the classic "S" with the "o" and "x" inside of the curves of the "S". This is similar to classic uniform they wore during the first Cubs/Sox Crosstown game in '97.

dickallen15
01-28-2006, 09:46 PM
It's a cream white color with a dark blue "C" on the right chest. It's not the classic "S" with the "o" and "x" inside of the curves of the "S". This is similar to classic uniform they wore during the first Cubs/Sox Crosstown game in '97.

I was hoping they would go to the red pinstripes for Sunday games in 2006. Maybe 2007.

GregoryEtc
01-28-2006, 10:28 PM
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/images/Uniforms/06Champs.jpg

MICROblue
01-29-2006, 02:34 AM
I was the third person at the mike on Sat. After telling a positive story about receiving my WS tickets and full season package, I stated that nancy could not be replaced, but an organ is needed at the park. Brooks gave a weak response. Even weaker, nobody else in the audience brought the organ issue up! I hoped to open the door, but it quickly slammed shut.

ilsox7
01-29-2006, 03:15 AM
I was the third person at the mike on Sat. After telling a positive story about receiving my WS tickets and full season package, I stated that nancy could not be replaced, but an organ is needed at the park. Brooks gave a weak response. Even weaker, nobody else in the audience brought the organ issue up! I hoped to open the door, but it quickly slammed shut.

Not surprised at all. While Nancy and the organ are loved around WSI, I just get the feeling that the general population really does not care. And until enough people care about it, the Sox really have no incentive to cater to a small minority.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-29-2006, 03:32 AM
Not surprised at all. While Nancy and the organ are loved around WSI, I just get the feeling that the general population really does not care. And until enough people care about it, the Sox really have no incentive to cater to a small minority.

I don't agree with that assessment. While people on this board may be considered more into the game, the team, etc., I think our site represents a broad spectrum of White Sox fans.

98% (Organ or Organ & DJ) vs. 2% (DJ No Organ) for over 200 posters are numbers people cannot dispute and are unlikely to significantly change if you polled a broad group of people at the ballpark.

The more likely scenario is:

1. The club has always wanted to eliminate Nancy and has said so in the past. The only way they would be more pleased is if she resigned completely. The fact that 2/3 of her workload is gone has White Sox brass very happy as she is one foot out the door.

2. The club has to pay the pathetic DJ anyway so why not eliminate the "unnecessary" and unwanted other half of the equation and save money in the process.

3. The club won the World Series and if people don't like it **** you someone else will buy the ticket (well at least in 2006).

4. The club has the ultimate BS excuse - we cannot replace Nancy so we won't.

If the club is going to do something which a majority of fans will not like, 2006 is the ultimate year to do it.

John Rooney - He Gone
Nancy Faust - She (mostly) gone

I hope Snoop Doggy Dog, American Idol winner #X, Kriss Kross, Hanson and J Lo come up with some great "hits" this summer so I can hear them at the ballgame - at 130 db to boot.

2006 - Nothing But Hanson!!!

http://www.hanson.net/

ilsox7
01-29-2006, 03:43 AM
I don't agree with that assessment. While people on this board may be considered more into the game, the team, etc., I think our site represents a broad spectrum of White Sox fans.

98% (Organ or Organ & DJ) vs. 2% (DJ No Organ) for over 200 posters are numbers people cannot dispute and are unlikely to significantly change if you polled a broad group of people at the ballpark.

The more likely scenario is:

1. The club has always wanted to eliminate Nancy and has said so in the past. The only way they would be more pleased is if she resigned completely. The fact that 2/3 of her workload is gone has White Sox brass very happy as she is one foot out the door.

2. The club has to pay the pathetic DJ anyway so why not eliminate the "unnecessary" and unwanted other half of the equation and save money in the process.

3. The club won the World Series and if people don't like it **** you someone else will buy the ticket (well at least in 2006).

4. The club has the ultimate BS excuse - we cannot replace Nancy so we won't.

If the club is going to do something which a majority of fans will not like, 2006 is the ultimate year to do it.

John Rooney - He Gone
Nancy Faust - She (mostly) gone

I hope Snoop Doggy Dog, American Idol winner #X, Kriss Kross, Hanson and J Lo come up with some great "hits" this summer so I can hear them at the ballgame - at 130 db to boot.

2006 - Nothing But Hanson!!!

http://www.hanson.net/
The Sox are in the business of marketing to their customers. They go as far as handing out surveys to paying customers at games. On those surveys, they specifically ask about the music at the ballpark and essentially conduct the same poll that was done here at WSI. However, it seems like they are moving towards more/exclusive DJ and away from the organ. If the survery showed 98& in favor of the organ, there would be a hell of a lot more organ. Even if the survey showed a slim majority who want more organ, there would be more organ.

EDIT: I highly doubt the DJ or Nancy make that much money. Eliminating one or the other maybe save the club, what, 100K at most? Hardly big enough of a number that they could not justify keeping both if there was really that much support. The bottom line is, if you want more organ (or any at all?) is to make your voice heard. E-mail the Sox and let them know the importance it has to you. Because all signs indicate that the fanbase has not indicated the organ as an important part of their ballpark experience.

RadioheadRocks
01-29-2006, 03:49 AM
The Sox are in the business of marketing to their customers. They go as far as handing out surveys to paying customers at games. On those surveys, they specifically ask about the music at the ballpark and essentially conduct the same poll that was done here at WSI. However, it seems like they are moving towards more/exclusive DJ and away from the organ. If the survery showed 98& in favor of the organ, there would be a hell of a lot more organ. Even if the survey showed a slim majority who want more organ, there would be more organ.

Funny I've never received one of those surveys whenever I attended a game. I guess it's just like any of those non-scientific polls that are used for gathering information; who really knows exactly how representative the cross-section of those surveyed is of the entire White Sox fan base who regularly attend games or what the error margin should be, but I digress...

ilsox7
01-29-2006, 03:52 AM
Funny I've never received one of those surveys whenever I attended a game. I guess it's just like any of those non-scientific polls that are used for gathering information; who really knows exactly how representative the cross-section of those surveyed is of the entire White Sox fan base or what the error margin should be, but I digress...

Plenty of people on WSI have and have talked about it here. Either way, a survey presumably given to thousands of fans at the game is more significant than an internet poll on a website which is made up almost exclusively of diehards.

The solution is not too difficult: let your voice be heard by the Sox, especially if you're a season ticket holder. Tell them Nancy and the organ are an important part of your ballpark experience. If enough people do this, I doubt the organ will go away. But enough people have to do it.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-29-2006, 03:55 AM
Funny I've never received one of those surveys whenever I attended a game. I guess it's just like any of those non-scientific polls that are used for gathering information; who really knows exactly how representative the cross-section of those surveyed is of the entire White Sox fan base who regularly attend games or what the error margin should be, but I digress...

The only people I see asking me to take a few minutes at the ballpark are the evil credit card companies offering you a tee shirt or towel for your soul.

They should have an online survey (or mail a survey) to the (now more than) 20,000 season ticket holders. I asked WSI if they ever sent a survey to season ticket holders and nobody responded so I assume they never have surveyed their biggest customers. When I am at a ballgame, the last thing I want to do is fill out a survey. They should send it to season ticket holders so they can complete at their leasure.

Anyway, I corresponded with Brooks about this -the first and probably last time I'll discuss this or any other issue with the White Sox.

ilsox7
01-29-2006, 03:57 AM
They should send it to season ticket holders so they can complete at their leasure.

This I completely agree with. Any and all surveys should be made available either online or hard copy for season ticket holders.

TomBradley72
01-29-2006, 08:59 AM
To Brooks credit....he has replied to very email/question I've ever sent him....100%...there are always different survey methodoligies...but I don't think he is out of touch at all with what his customers want and value.

If it's Nancy's decision to only do day games...it sounds like she's looking ease the work load. They should start developing a successor. I think it's a good investment for the WSox...Nancy Faust/still having an organist is part of what makes their ballpark unique

RedPinStripes
01-29-2006, 09:29 AM
I was hoping they would go to the red pinstripes for Sunday games in 2006. Maybe 2007.

One fine day my friend. :D:

RedPinStripes
01-29-2006, 09:36 AM
The only people I see asking me to take a few minutes at the ballpark are the evil credit card companies offering you a tee shirt or towel for your soul.

I love messing with them. I have never owned a credit card in my life and my credit is so much better because of it. If I don't have the money in my account, the debit card don't come out. :D: I've actually called some of those companies back when they send you a "great deal at 5%" but in fine print it says there's a 250.00 a year membership fee and after 6 months the rate goes up to 12%. When I get bored I get kicks out of reminding people that not everyone is as dumb as they plan on us being. Yeah, sometimes i need a life. :tongue: Yeah, that T-shirt they give you makes up for the mark on your credit when they look everything up after they get your info.

Red Barchetta
01-29-2006, 09:46 AM

Did they unveil the patch?

Two By Four
01-29-2006, 10:09 AM
The bottom line is, if you want more organ (or any at all?) is to make your voice heard.
I think we need more cow bell.

SOXSINCE'70
01-29-2006, 10:37 AM

Very,very sad.:(: :(:

itsnotrequired
01-29-2006, 10:57 AM
I love messing with them. I have never owned a credit card in my life and my credit is so much better because of it. If I don't have the money in my account, the debit card don't come out. :D: I've actually called some of those companies back when they send you a "great deal at 5%" but in fine print it says there's a 250.00 a year membership fee and after 6 months the rate goes up to 12%. When I get bored I get kicks out of reminding people that not everyone is as dumb as they plan on us being. Yeah, sometimes i need a life. :tongue: Yeah, that T-shirt they give you makes up for the mark on your credit when they look everything up after they get your info.

I used to roll with the debit card in college as well. I figured, "What's the point of getting a credit card?". Well, when my wife and I started looking at homes a few years ago, I realized I was in trouble since I had ZERO credit. It wasn't like I had bad credit; I had NO credit. I applied for a bunch of credit cards and no one wanted to give me one, even though I had a full-time engineering job! I was finally able to "convience" a company to give me one and now I use it all the time to build up my credit. Never missed a payment, never signed up for cards to get t-shirts.

Okay, back to the thread.:tongue:

SouthSide_HitMen
01-29-2006, 12:38 PM
I used to roll with the debit card in college as well. I figured, "What's the point of getting a credit card?". Well, when my wife and I started looking at homes a few years ago, I realized I was in trouble since I had ZERO credit. It wasn't like I had bad credit; I had NO credit. I applied for a bunch of credit cards and no one wanted to give me one, even though I had a full-time engineering job! I was finally able to "convience" a company to give me one and now I use it all the time to build up my credit. Never missed a payment, never signed up for cards to get t-shirts.

Okay, back to the thread.:tongue:

There are still people who do manual underwriting applications where human beings actually gather information and make a decision without spitting out a number from your FICO score. If you have a job, paid your non debt obligations (utilities, rent, etc.) you can get a mortgage. Maybe not at a big box national bank but you can get a good mortgage at a competitive rate.

http://nashville.about.com/library/blank/davesays/bldavesays73a.htm

When my 15 year mortgage is paid off I will be debt free!!! as many people rejoice in the always and informative Dave Ramsey show. I've read the books and listened to some of the shows and it has truly changed my life.

http://www.daveramsey.com/

Sorry MBNA - I'll by my own shirt and towel.

ChiSoxGirl
01-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Did they unveil the patch?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Spooky3170/Championspatch.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/v521/Spooky3170/?)

Iwritecode
01-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Yeah, that T-shirt they give you makes up for the mark on your credit when they look everything up after they get your info.

You mean you actually put your real name and address on there? I can't tell you how much mail Ben Dover who lives on 123 Main St. has gotten over the years... :smile:

TheOldRoman
01-30-2006, 12:11 AM
Did Brooks say when the throwbacks will be officially introduced in a press conference? When thye will go on sale?

FireMariotti
01-30-2006, 12:16 AM
I can't tell you how much mail Ben Dover who lives on 123 Main St. has gotten over the years... :smile:

About as much as Hugh Jass over at 742 Evergreen Terrace I would assume:tongue:

soxfanreggie
01-30-2006, 03:44 AM
Went to Milwaukee and those people were Nazis over those credit card things. They would sit there and try examine every letter of your name. Luckily, I said I was military and didn't have a driver's license back yet. So, they took down my school ID number (the thing doesn't mean anything) and put down fake stuff (was able to mispell my name). One guy did catch me, but I already had a free t-shirt and free blanket...HAHA!

bayzbol44
01-30-2006, 08:29 AM
To Brooks credit....he has replied to very email/question I've ever sent him....100%...there are always different survey methodoligies...but I don't think he is out of touch at all with what his customers want and value.

If it's Nancy's decision to only do day games...it sounds like she's looking ease the work load. They should start developing a successor. I think it's a good investment for the WSox...Nancy Faust/still having an organist is part of what makes their ballpark unique

Of course it was her decision to only do day games. Wouldn't you rather travel to work a few days here and there rather than waste your time going there everyday to play 15-20 mins a game? IF she admits it or not, she is being "pushed out" due to their focus on DJ music.

ewokpelts
01-30-2006, 12:16 PM
1. HOF gift shop will be more gift shop than HOF. It's all but gone folks.

2. ST holders will get more perks this year. Ticket Sales director proposed a plan that Brooks is enthusiastic about, and they'll launch it soon.

Gene

Tekijawa
01-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Brooks gave a shout out to our boy 2X4 and his marketing company...

From what Brooks said it sounds as if it's Nancy's decision to go part time, I'm sure many of you would know better than I but if this is the case then I'm not nearly as upset. Everyone has to retire eventually and no matter how much we want to hang on there will be changes made eventually. I don't think Nancy is 24 and more and if she wants to begin to fade away then good for her, if not Shame on the Sox, but it wouldn't be the first time that they've turned their back on an aging fan favorite, and I'm certain it won't be the last.

NO HOME RUN PORCH, it was considered at first but now there is no money and no way to recoup the costs.

White Sox Josh will be featured in all the ad's this year as he is one of the greatest fans of all time.

Stoky44
01-30-2006, 01:05 PM
NO HOME RUN PORCH, it was considered at first but now there is no money and no way to recoup the costs.

Brooks said this? Well I am going to bookmark this page so in 3 weeks after the individual tickets sell out, or sell out at least the popular games, I can put an end to the thread. Because this answers two questions:1. no more USC $ left and 2. It would not be cost effective for the Sox to build it.

Ol' No. 2
01-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Brooks said this? Well I am going to bookmark this page so in 3 weeks after the individual tickets sell out, or sell out at least the popular games, I can put an end to the thread. Because this answers two questions:1. no more USC $ left and 2. It would not be cost effective for the Sox to build it.Yes. I heard him say it, too. They looked at the cost, the small number of additional seats it would hold and the negatives on the ballpark asthetics and decided to shelve the whole idea.

ewokpelts
01-30-2006, 01:21 PM

Scott Reifert said that they prefered the outfield experience over additional seats......

Gene

TornLabrum
01-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Brooks gave a shout out to our boy 2X4 and his marketing company...

From what Brooks said it sounds as if it's Nancy's decision to go part time, I'm sure many of you would know better than I but if this is the case then I'm not nearly as upset. Everyone has to retire eventually and no matter how much we want to hang on there will be changes made eventually. I don't think Nancy is 24 and more and if she wants to begin to fade away then good for her, if not Shame on the Sox, but it wouldn't be the first time that they've turned their back on an aging fan favorite, and I'm certain it won't be the last.

White Sox Josh will be featured in all the ad's this year as he is one of the greatest fans of all time.

You need to read the home page more. I broke the Nancy story, especially the part about it being her idea on WSI before it was in any of the papers. (Well, I actually broke the story at SoxTalk, but I gave the full story here.)