PDA

View Full Version : WSI members party - Pacific edition

ondafarm
01-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Any other members in the Bay Area interested in seeing the opening game at my humble abode in Burlingame on my 50" TV?

I do make excellent martinis.

ondafarm
01-27-2006, 06:07 PM
N.B. I don't make my martinis using regular Bombay as Voddochile does. I either use Bombay Sapphire or an even better London gin, Boodles. And don't even get me started on his blue-cheese olives (a recipe I've lost anyways.)

DieTrying79
01-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Hey, count me in! And thanks for offering to host...who can turn down viewing the Sox on a 50 inch tube?!

And welcome to NorCal...:gulp:

ode to veeck
01-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Farm,

When did you become a Norcal WSIer? 1st NC, then Chicago, now Burlingame? 50" is a weenie TV :redneck

ode to veeck
01-28-2006, 09:16 AM
A's single game tix go on sale at 9AM PST this morning. For you new Norcal Sox fans, the poorly drawing A's are an easy way to get good seats for Sox games, though it might be a little tougher this year with a trophy toting team coming into town. On the other hand, the downside is the A's have won like 15/17 games the last 5 years here. I've been able to get MVP seats every year at face. Another flip side is checking the schedule, there are only 3 weekend dates in mid sept (9/15-9/17) this year vs two whole series the last couple of years

108 minutes till Oakland Sox tix go on sale here : http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/oak/ticketing/singlegame.jsp

TheKittle
01-28-2006, 12:59 PM
A's single game tix go on sale at 9AM PST this morning. For you new Norcal Sox fans, the poorly drawing A's are an easy way to get good seats for Sox games, though it might be a little tougher this year with a trophy toting team coming into town.

That will have nothing to do with it. The A's will close down all upper deck seating, because nobody sits there. The "official capacity" of the Mt. Davis will be something like 35,000. Hey if they can't get a real sell out, invent a way!!!!

FoulkeTheIndians
01-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Count me in, too. It's great to meet other real Sox fans out here on the left coast.

Kroozah
01-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Count us in for this!

ondafarm
01-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Farm,

When did you become a Norcal WSIer? 1st NC, then Chicago, now Burlingame? 50" is a weenie TV :redneck

OTV,
my company promoted me to project manager and shifted my location again. I guess they got tired of my whining and turned me loose on their most important client. Moved out here earlier this month.

I was hoping the martinis drew in the crowd.

MarySwiss
01-29-2006, 04:28 PM
This is a great idea! I think I'll swipe it and host a similar binge for Arizona WSI'ers. Thanks!

Fuller_Schettman
01-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Count me as a definite maybe!

NorCalSoxFan
02-05-2006, 12:17 PM
What's up other NorCal Sox fans? Are there any bars in Bay Area where Sox fans seem to congregate and watch games?

JohnBasedowYoda
02-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Vodka over gin, but that's just me. Me and MR. BOND!

ondafarm
02-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Vodka over gin, but that's just me. Me and MR. BOND!

I carry both but know more about gin.

Baby Fisk
02-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Bombay Sapphire
Most equisite and tasty!

an even better London gin, Boodles.
Never heard of this. Can you elaborate?

shaunburnette
02-05-2006, 11:15 PM
keep me in the loop.

-shaun in sf

ondafarm
02-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Boodles British Gin, I'm drinking a gin & tonic now.

ode to veeck
03-03-2006, 01:55 PM
I haven't got tix for Europe biz trip yet (I have to chair ITRS meetings April 5-7 in Maastricht) nor my USTA league matches' schedule for that weekend, but I'm hoping for no conflicts so we can attend the April 1st opener on the weanie sized 50" TV at Farm's house. With a 12:05 Atlanta start time, 9AM looks like an early start for martinis!

Hangar18
03-03-2006, 02:42 PM
If/When you guys get together, do post PICS for everyone ..............

DieTrying79
03-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Time to bump this up. Farm, please count me in for that day's festivities. Is anyone into watching one of the WS DVD's before the ring ceremony/game? Please let me know what I can bring.

ode to veeck
03-10-2006, 01:05 AM
I have HD-Tivo box full of the last year's playoffs in HD, wonder would be able to feed it to Farm's 50"?

ondafarm
03-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Just a side note, I actually checked and the TV is 52".

I have a high-def DVD/VCR player (it plays regular DVDs in high-def) so if we want to watch the aforementioned championship run DVDs first, that'd be cool.

I do have a decent size balcony (about 12 x 12 ft) and the parking lot behind can handle a dozen cars or so.

Fridge space is limited however, so if you want to drink your own beer bring a cooler.

Bring your own chairs as I have only a futon and one chair!!! (It's a Zen thing!!)

DieTrying79
03-22-2006, 10:31 PM
The day is drawing near! Do we have a head count for this thing yet? I'm happy to bring anything, and anyONE for that matter who needs a ride from the East Bay over to Burlingame.

Kroozah
03-28-2006, 09:25 PM
I was wondering if its still on, as we are really close to April 2??

ondafarm
03-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Can I get a PM from anyone planning to come? I can give you an address, directions and my phone number.

ondafarm
04-04-2006, 10:45 AM
To all who came by for the Opening Day party . . .

Sorry about the weather, but thanks for dropping by. We can probably count on doing this a few more times this season. Let me know if you have specific games you are interested in seeing (Sox-Cubs games might be exceptional.)

ODF

gashegone72
04-04-2006, 11:24 AM
To all who came by for the Opening Day party . . .

Sorry about the weather, but thanks for dropping by. We can probably count on doing this a few more times this season. Let me know if you have specific games you are interested in seeing (Sox-Cubs games might be exceptional.)

ODF
Thanks again for the hospitality, ODF. This is actually my first time seeing this post (I learned about the gathering from another WSIer), so my question is, while the beer was flowing well :gulp: , what happened to the martinis? :redneck . Next time, I guess!

ondafarm
04-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Thanks again for the hospitality, ODF. This is actually my first time seeing this post (I learned about the gathering from another WSIer), so my question is, while the beer was flowing well :gulp: , what happened to the martinis? :redneck . Next time, I guess!

I also did forget the bottle of champagne for toasting the White Sox victory.

I'm currently re-evaluating my martini recipe in light of my attempt to purchase a certain number of shares in an overseas maker of gin.

Fenway
04-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Work brings me back to San Francisco next week so anybody want to hook up for a drink.

I somehow can't fathom watching the Red Sox on Patriots Day at 8 AM but I am told there is a huge Red Sox bar in Potrero Hill.

I am looking forward to Pac Bell, SBC, ATT or whatever it's name is this week.

http://theyankee.com

A Red Sox bar called the Yankee? :o: