PDA

View Full Version : The complete WORST.TRADE.EVER

White Sox Randy
01-27-2006, 02:05 PM
I just heard from my mother-in-law about this possible trade the Sox re involved in with the Phils and Mets. She said she heard it on XM radio and that it should go down ASAP so they can announce it at Soxfest.

Sox send:Contreras(probable Cy Young winner this year), Joe Crede, Borchard(will hit 50 hrs a year), Gload(Mark Grace clone),Rogowski(Big Klu incarnate),Pods(greatest playoff player ever) AND Lance Broadway.

The Sox get back only: Abreu, Beltran, David Wright and cash.

I think the Sox are getting taken because they are not getting back any pitching and their payroll will be over $ 100 mil. What do you guys think ?

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-27-2006, 02:08 PM
:o:

DMarte708
01-27-2006, 02:10 PM
This doesn't even belong in "Whats the Score."

Not because it's a rumor heard by your mother-in-law on some random XM program. And not because it's obvious your trolling (or clueless). But you have Borchard as hitting 50 FRICKEN HR's A YEAR!!!

Chrisaway
01-27-2006, 02:11 PM
if ever there was teal needed....

mjharrison72
01-27-2006, 02:11 PM
What do you guys think ?
I think your mother in law heard wrong.

depy48
01-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Something tells me that this won't happen, and that I shouldnt even open this thread again.

itsnotrequired
01-27-2006, 02:13 PM
:rolleyes:

oeo
01-27-2006, 02:16 PM
:rolling: :roflmao: :rolling:

ChiSoxGirl
01-27-2006, 02:19 PM
While the Sox have been known for their "SoxFest Trades," there's no way in the world this is possible! And if it is... :thud:!

Domeshot17
01-27-2006, 02:19 PM
I think we may have found and even more reliable source then MLBTRADERUMORS.COM and Bruce Levine

Unregistered
01-27-2006, 02:22 PM
If Borchard hits 50 HR in his MLB CAREER, I'll be surprised. Other than that, there's no ****ing WAY the Mets are trading David Wright and Carlos Beltran for... hell, who would they even get? Contreras in his walk year? Crede in his walk year? A AA pitching prospect? Isn't Pods in his walk year too?

This is the most moronic trade rumor I've heard all offseason. And that's saying A LOT.

SouthsideChi
01-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Well, I am gonna entertain the thought of this deal in my head. We trade Rogkowski (no fit on this team with PK and JT), Gload (lifetime bencher), Borchard (lifetime bust), Pods, Broadway (does have some potential), Crede (great player with bad back and borASS as his agent), and Contreras for a CF who could man the position in a great way for the next 5 years, a bonafied superstar in David Wright (decent glove and amazing bat), and Bobby Abreu (one of the best in the game IMO).

Where do I sign up? B-Mac slides in the rotation, which everyone has been screaming for, and we let 2 rookies assume the roles of Vizcaino and Marte(people who were regulated to mop-up duty)

Can anyone imagine this kind of line-up?

Beltran
Iguchi
Abreu
Konerko
Thome
David Wright
Jermaine Dye
Pierzynski
Uribe

:o:

That my friends is one of the greatest collections of offensive and defensive talent I have ever seen. Amazing balance in the line-up with speed/power, lefties/righties.

NOW, with all that said, it isnt going to happen for those reasons.

AZChiSoxFan
01-27-2006, 02:27 PM
I just heard from my mother-in-law about this possible trade the Sox re involved in with the Phils and Mets. She said she heard it on XM radio and that it should go down ASAP so they can announce it at Soxfest.

Sox send:Contreras(probable Cy Young winner this year), Joe Crede, Borchard(will hit 50 hrs a year), Gload(Mark Grace clone),Rogowski(Big Klu incarnate),Pods(greatest playoff player ever) AND Lance Broadway.

The Sox get back only: Abreu, Beltran, David Wright and cash.

I think the Sox are getting taken because they are not getting back any pitching and their payroll will be over $ 100 mil. What do you guys think ?

No wait. It's true. I was in the airport this morning and overheard KW talking on his cell phone........

Chisox003
01-27-2006, 02:28 PM
****house

:rolleyes:

CHIsoxNation
01-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Wow, I've seen some crazy trade rumors in the past year on this site...but this one beats them all.

soxfan13
01-27-2006, 02:35 PM
:whatever: *****

soxfan26
01-27-2006, 02:35 PM
:bong:

miker
01-27-2006, 02:36 PM
I think we may have found and even more reliable source then MLBTRADERUMORS.COM and Bruce Levine
"...reporting for Baseball 365, this is White Sox Randy's monther-in-law on ESPN Radio 1000.":rolleyes:

White Sox Randy
01-27-2006, 02:49 PM
hey, I couldn't make it to Soxfest so......

CHISOXFAN13
01-27-2006, 02:50 PM
hey, I couldn't make it to Soxfest so......

So you start a ridiculous rumor? I guess it's par for the course for you.

Unregistered
01-27-2006, 02:50 PM
hey, I couldn't make it to Soxfest so..........I figured I'd make up the most ridiculous trade rumor I could think of.

Flight #24
01-27-2006, 02:52 PM
I wonder if WhiteSoxRandy's mother-in-law has a cousin named ChiSoxTony?

SOXintheBURGH
01-27-2006, 02:53 PM
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/bschalle/www/Baseball%20pics/garcia.jpg

Mr. White Sox
01-27-2006, 02:55 PM
http://www.affichescinema.com/insc_r/roadhouse.jpg

IlliniSox4Life
01-27-2006, 02:58 PM

Please, please, do us all a favor: get in the car with your mother in law, and just start driving. Far, far, far away from here, and never look back.

SOXintheBURGH
01-27-2006, 03:01 PM
You couldn't even pull this deal in RBI Baseball its so lopsided. Mercy.

Two contract year players, one of which is 35 the other with a bad back, a leadoff hitter, a joke, and a prospect for three of the best NL players in the game today.

Well, maybe Kenny can.

Baby Fisk
01-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Mercy. :nuts:

munchman33
01-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Everyone seems to be forgetting. This is the Mets we're talking about. It isn't that unlikely.

And boy, would that make our team look exceptional. Please, please, please! Let this happen.

kraut83
01-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Borchard(will hit 50 hrs a year)

Well, if the trade proposal wasn't bad enough, this certainly put this thread over the top.

:threadsucks

Banix12
01-27-2006, 03:13 PM
I just heard from my little brother that your Mother-in-law is full of garbage.

kittle42
01-27-2006, 03:13 PM
It isn't that unlikely.

And boy, would that make our team look exceptional. Please, please, please! Let this happen.

There's a sucker in every one of these threads.

White Sox Randy
01-27-2006, 03:24 PM
I didn't even think teal would be necessary here. Have a fun weekend guys.

munchman33
01-27-2006, 03:26 PM
There's a sucker in every one of these threads.

You forgot how to dream. :whiner:

Madvora
01-27-2006, 03:29 PM
How did this thread make it 3 pages?

...still hanging on...

patbooyah
01-27-2006, 03:30 PM
How did this thread make it 3 pages?

...still hanging on...

i suggest that you change your "thread display" option in the user CP so that you don't have to click through three pages to find out that white sox randy was trying to make a joke.

DaleJRFan
01-27-2006, 03:32 PM
First off...

:o: :?: :o: :?:

Isn't there a WSI by-law that allows admins to ban people for making up ridiculously stupid and unfounded trade "rumors"?? my god... this one HAS to take the cake.

WOW.

Baby Fisk
01-27-2006, 03:44 PM
I didn't even think teal would be necessary here. Have a fun weekend guys.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a9/Daleknew.jpg/180px-Daleknew.jpg
*observing silently*

34 Inch Stick
01-27-2006, 03:48 PM
I give you the benefit of the doubt as you must be recently married. I would not trust my mother in law to tell me the score of a game I was watching with her. I would certainly not trust her to tell me about a trade.

While fairy tales are allegorical they always start from a nugget of truth. That truth is DO NOT TRUST THE MOTHER IN LAW.

caulfield12
01-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Contreras, Joe Crede, Borchard OR Gload OR Rogowski AND Pods

FOR

The Sox get back: Beltran, David Wright and cash (or Victor Zambrano)

We cannot exactly get Abreu, since he does not even play for the Mets.

That out of the way, it would be an interesting deal for the White Sox. Beltran is not going to get you over 50 steals, but he is obviously a game-changing presence...and we are not even 100% sure if Pods is healthy again. If so, I would not even think about this trade.

Actually, I would prefer to forgo the cash and take Victor Zambrano off their hands. Zambrano will make $2.9 million this season, then be eligible to become a FA from everything I have seen.

I am 99% sure we could never get Wright for Crede straight up. The outfield would be Anderson in LF, Beltran in CF and Dye in RF. It would definitely give the outfield some more pop, as well as the bottom of the order, with Wright substituted for Crede.

I think the Mets would never take that deal without us including Cotts (not going to happen) or Sweeney. Broadway is not quite eligible to be traded yet.

CHISOXFAN13
01-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Those 65 days until Opening Day can't go by quick enough.

Flight #24
01-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Contreras, Joe Crede, Borchard OR Gload OR Rogowski AND Pods

FOR

The Sox get back: Beltran, David Wright and cash (or Victor Zambrano)

We cannot exactly get Abreu, since he does not even play for the Mets.

That out of the way, it would be an interesting deal for the White Sox. Beltran is not going to get you over 50 steals, but he is obviously a game-changing presence...and we are not even 100% sure if Pods is healthy again. If so, I would not even think about this trade.

Actually, I would prefer to forgo the cash and take Victor Zambrano off their hands. Zambrano will make $2.9 million this season, then be eligible to become a FA from everything I have seen.

I am 99% sure we could never get Wright for Crede straight up. The outfield would be Anderson in LF, Beltran in CF and Dye in RF. It would definitely give the outfield some more pop, as well as the bottom of the order, with Wright substituted for Crede.

I think the Mets would never take that deal without us including Cotts (not going to happen) or Sweeney. Broadway is not quite eligible to be traded yet.

This is 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% unlikely to happen. In fact it's about that unlikely to even be considered by anyone actually affiliated with a major league team and over the age of 15, unless significant quantities of controlled substances are involved.

However, it's a slow day. So let me add that in that scenario, I'd send Sweeney or Owens over no problem. The Sox have an '07 option on Dye, and if their only remaining OF prospect is Owens, I think they can get by with Owens (LF) - Beltran (CF) - Anderson (RF). Offensively, Beltran puts up decent power #s for LF which covers for Owens power shortage. It also gives Ozzie his 2d speed guy.

Your '07 Sox would be the same as '06. in '08, you need to replace 1 pitcher internally (Garcia) and resign Buehrle.

pythons007
01-27-2006, 04:09 PM
How in the world did this multiply into 2 threads? Come on guys, there is noway in hell that this is an actual trade proposal. Why in their right minds (even though it is the Mets) would they trade Beltran and a young cheap Wright? Doesn't make sense even if it were the Cubs. Please put this to a rest!!

Banix12
01-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Still never going to happen.

KRS1
01-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Well, after reading this thread, I now know that I wasn't the only one here who woke up drunk today. Where's the Freddy, "where do you people come up with this crap," tag when we need it.

NardiWasHere
01-27-2006, 04:10 PM
In fact it's about that unlikely to even be considered by anyone actually affiliated with a major league team and over the age of 15, unless significant quantities of controlled substances are involved.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Baby Fisk
01-27-2006, 04:12 PM
How in the world did this multiply into 2 threads? Come on guys, there is noway in hell that this is an actual trade proposal. Why in their right minds (even though it is the Mets) would they trade Beltran and a young cheap Wright? Doesn't make sense even if it were the Cubs. Please put this to a rest!!
One BS thread begat another.

longshot7
01-27-2006, 04:18 PM
I luuuuuuuuuuvv the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caulfield12
01-27-2006, 04:20 PM
One BS thread begat another.

One last shot...

Sox deal...

Contreras
Pods
Sweeney
Cotts

Mets deal...

Beltran
Wagner
$3 million in cash or Victor Zambrano

KRS1
01-27-2006, 04:21 PM
One last shot...

Sox deal...

Contreras
Pods
Sweeney
Cotts

Mets deal...

Beltran
Wagner

Echem.......STOP!!!

ChiSoxRowand
01-27-2006, 04:23 PM
LOL. Broadway isn't even eligible to be traded yet.

Hokiesox
01-27-2006, 04:23 PM
64 days, 12 hours, etc...

CHISOXFAN13
01-27-2006, 04:25 PM
64 days, 12 hours, etc...

Finally, someone with perspective.

caulfield12
01-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Finally, someone with perspective.

Well, maybe we should start 15 threads on Munoz, Reynoso, Malone, Bentz, J. Lopez and Randolph. That would be equally exciting...or whether Willie Harris will start more than 15 games for the Red Sox. Or what Timo Perez is doing right now...

CHISOXFAN13
01-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Well, maybe we should start 15 threads on Munoz, Reynoso, Malone, Bentz, J. Lopez and Randolph. That would be equally exciting...or whether Willie Harris will start more than 15 games for the Red Sox. Or what Timo Perez is doing right now...

Who said we had to start any threads. Just because there is a lull doesn't mean there has to be 100 dumb trade threads.

NardiWasHere
01-27-2006, 04:39 PM

Bad Trade Idea Threads Appreciation Thread :redneck

Banix12
01-27-2006, 04:47 PM
One last shot...

Sox deal...

Contreras
Pods
Sweeney
Cotts

Mets deal...

Beltran
Wagner

STOP!! Please stop trying to breathe life into a worthless rumor allegedly started by some dude's mother-in-law.

The deals make zero sense.

The sox have more need for a Pods type player than Beltran right now, Beltran is clearly the better player but I'm talking about need. I also really doubt the sox would take on his full contract.

Billy Wagner isn't going anywhere and anyway you can't be traded in the same offseason you were acquired as a free agent I believe. Baseball does not allow sign and trades.

Contreras would be more important to the sox next year than 3 million dollars or Victor Zambrano.

In the previous deal mentioned, why would the Mets give up a stud like David Wright, who appears to have not reached his full potential, for Joe Crede.

Why on earth would the Mets even consider picking up Borchard (nobody wants him) when they already have a packed OF situation. And why would they pick up either of the two 1b when they already have Delgado signed for a few years.

Sox aren't going to trade Sweeney just yet.

DaleJRFan
01-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Doesn't Beltran have a no-trade clause???

ondafarm
01-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Moderators, could we get this thread locked please.

Maybe I have to talk about attendance to get it locked.

Here goes:
I will not be in attendance on opening day.

I will attend 5-10 games this season.

I will attempt to attend all three White Sox -A's game in September.

I estimate that 20,000 other people will be there.

Anybody want a piece of me ???

DaleJRFan
01-27-2006, 05:10 PM

Here goes:

:roflmao:

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-27-2006, 05:12 PM

Here goes:

:hawk

"Now that's how you take one for the team....Ozzieball"

crazyozzie02
01-27-2006, 05:17 PM

Here goes:

I second, third, and fourth this motion. I wouldnt believe this trade if Jesus suddenly appeared in front of me and told me that it would happed. Come on. Like eveyone says its a slow day, but dont start idiot threads. If your board go and read the TV guide. Its more intresting that reading these threads.

Colin

caulfield12
01-27-2006, 05:25 PM
STOP!! Please stop trying to breathe life into a worthless rumor allegedly started by some dude's mother-in-law.

The deals make zero sense.

The sox have more need for a Pods type player than Beltran right now, Beltran is clearly the better player but I'm talking about need. I also really doubt the sox would take on his full contract.

Billy Wagner isn't going anywhere and anyway you can't be traded in the same offseason you were acquired as a free agent I believe. Baseball does not allow sign and trades.

Contreras would be more important to the sox next year than 3 million dollars or Victor Zambrano.

In the previous deal mentioned, why would the Mets give up a stud like David Wright, who appears to have not reached his full potential, for Joe Crede.

Why on earth would the Mets even consider picking up Borchard (nobody wants him) when they already have a packed OF situation. And why would they pick up either of the two 1b when they already have Delgado signed for a few years.

Sox aren't going to trade Sweeney just yet.

Is there anyone here who actually believes Jose Contreras is going to be around in 2007, or that KW would actually spend $36 million to sign him for three years?

We have to balance the fact that Contreras might be at his highest possible value RIGHT NOW with the fact that we have that guy signed cheaply ($8 million) and this is our last, best chance to win the World Series, along with the 2007 season. After that, all bets are off.

There is also the fact that we are retarding the development of McCarthy....who is definitely ready....with the fact that we would be stupid to trade him to an AL team, further limiting our options (well, maybe the Royals, but then he would probably shut us out 3-4 times!).

We also have to consider the fact that there is at best a 50-50 chance that Crede walks, although theoretically we have his rights through 2008, which should scare the Josh Fields (3B, not P) fans away.

If we can keep up trading high (Contreras) and getting pitchers like Loaiza, Contreras, Zambrano or Joe Kennedy on the cheap and turning them around for quality talent, we should at least consider it.

Dan Mega
01-27-2006, 05:25 PM
:hijacked: !!!!

Banix12
01-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Is there anyone here who actually believes Jose Contreras is going to be around in 2007, or that KW would actually spend $36 million to sign him for three years?

We have to balance the fact that Contreras might be at his highest possible value RIGHT NOW with the fact that we have that guy signed cheaply ($8 million) and this is our last, best chance to win the World Series, along with the 2007 season. After that, all bets are off.

There is also the fact that we are retarding the development of McCarthy....who is definitely ready....with the fact that we would be stupid to trade him to an AL team, further limiting our options (well, maybe the Royals, but then he would probably shut us out 3-4 times!).

We also have to consider the fact that there is at best a 50-50 chance that Crede walks, although theoretically we have his rights through 2008, which should scare the Josh Fields (3B, not P) fans away.

If we can keep up trading high (Contreras) and getting pitchers like Loaiza, Contreras, Zambrano or Joe Kennedy on the cheap and turning them around for quality talent, we should at least consider it.

I just don't think Zambrano is all that good and I would rather have the draft pick compensation from Contreras than get back an average pitcher that cooper might be able to turn around. We may not have Contreras in 2007 but keeping Contreras in 2006 makes the team better.

Also getting back an average pitcher like Zambrano still blocks McCarthy from the rotation because if you want to even think about flipping him to another team he has to be in the rotation.

I don't have a problem with your take on Crede but I do have a problem with your belief that the Mets would even consider for a second trading Wright, even if Contreras was packaged with Crede.

Got any problems with my other takes, that Beltran and Wagner aren't going anywhere? You seem to have have no problem defending your Contreras take but what about the million other problems with your proposal.

TDog
01-28-2006, 01:42 AM
When mothers-in-law do drugs, everyone loses.

caulfield12
01-28-2006, 09:54 AM
I just don't think Zambrano is all that good and I would rather have the draft pick compensation from Contreras than get back an average pitcher that cooper might be able to turn around. We may not have Contreras in 2007 but keeping Contreras in 2006 makes the team better.

Also getting back an average pitcher like Zambrano still blocks McCarthy from the rotation because if you want to even think about flipping him to another team he has to be in the rotation.

I don't have a problem with your take on Crede but I do have a problem with your belief that the Mets would even consider for a second trading Wright, even if Contreras was packaged with Crede.

Got any problems with my other takes, that Beltran and Wagner aren't going anywhere? You seem to have have no problem defending your Contreras take but what about the million other problems with your proposal.

The Mets have nothing to gain by trading Beltran, because, like the situation with Royce Clayton with KW early in his tenure, Minaya will feel that he has to keep him around no matter what to justify the deal in the first place. So far, Beltran is a huge bust, one of the five most disappointing players las season. Obviously, Clayton and Beltran are not in the same league talent-wise, but Minaya has decided to basically build the franchise around him, so he will not be going anywhere anytime soon.

As far as Wagner goes, I do not yet trust Jenks. I know, I know....we can go through all the White Sox closers since Roberto Hernandez...argue that paying closers more than $5 million per year is a waste of money....that there are only five or six lights-out closers in the bigs...we will just have to wait and see I suppose.

I would much rather have Wagner and Jenks, which also gives Cotts an opening to slide into the rotation if that is ever deemed necessary. Right now, he seems like the perfect fit for set-up, however.

likeawarlord
01-28-2006, 12:37 PM
why are we still talking about this? if the mets trade wright i'll eat my hat a hundred times over.

Tragg
01-28-2006, 04:13 PM

That's fine - but I have yet to see a "trade high" proposal for Jose. If that's his high value, we're better off keeping him.
WE have Crede's rights for 3 more seasons - there is zero chance he walks; we may push him out, but he can't walk. 3 years is as long as we want any player on contract really.

Banix12
01-28-2006, 04:38 PM
The Mets have nothing to gain by trading Beltran, because, like the situation with Royce Clayton with KW early in his tenure, Minaya will feel that he has to keep him around no matter what to justify the deal in the first place. So far, Beltran is a huge bust, one of the five most disappointing players las season. Obviously, Clayton and Beltran are not in the same league talent-wise, but Minaya has decided to basically build the franchise around him, so he will not be going anywhere anytime soon.

As far as Wagner goes, I do not yet trust Jenks. I know, I know....we can go through all the White Sox closers since Roberto Hernandez...argue that paying closers more than $5 million per year is a waste of money....that there are only five or six lights-out closers in the bigs...we will just have to wait and see I suppose.

I would much rather have Wagner and Jenks, which also gives Cotts an opening to slide into the rotation if that is ever deemed necessary. Right now, he seems like the perfect fit for set-up, however.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me but I was always under the understanding that it is against MLB rules to trade a player you signed as a free agent in the same offseason. Therefore there is no point in talking trade for Billy Wagner until the trade deadline, no matter what your feelings are about Bobby Jenks.

SoxSpeed22
01-28-2006, 06:15 PM

Here goes:

Anybody want a piece of me ???:farmer
"Even if the play wasn't made, you gotta love the effort."
Somebody should put this thread in their sig as it is the most made fun of thread since the worst thread ever and the funniest thread ever.

Tragg
01-28-2006, 07:14 PM

I would much rather have Wagner and Jenks, which also gives Cotts an opening to slide into the rotation if that is ever deemed necessary. Right now, he seems like the perfect fit for set-up, however. Wagner's expensive and getting old - he's the kind of player you'd want to rent for 1/2 a season if you must, not sign to an expensive LT deal. Anyway, one of your scenarios had us sending Cotts to the Mets, did it not?

Brian26
01-28-2006, 09:24 PM

Someone keep an eye on this guy.

Palehose13
01-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Hey Randy...when you go fishing, bring some bait. :rolleyes:

caulfield12
01-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Wagner's expensive and getting old - he's the kind of player you'd want to rent for 1/2 a season if you must, not sign to an expensive LT deal. Anyway, one of your scenarios had us sending Cotts to the Mets, did it not?

Yes, and that is undoubtedly where things would break down. I cannot see the Mets going with Royce Ring as their primary LH reliever, so they would have to get one back in return if they ever were to trade Wagner. And that would be the end of the proposal for KW...