PDA

View Full Version : Sox&Mets trade rumor

Whitesox4ever
01-27-2006, 12:00 PM
A friend of mine who lives in NY email me and mention that Joel Sherman of the NY Post was doing an interview on WWOR TV and that he predicts that the Mets will trade CLiff Floyd, Juan Padilla and a prospect probably(Brian Bannister) to the Sox for Jose Contreras and a OF prospect...

Does anyone have WWOR TV and seen this interview

Madvora
01-27-2006, 12:02 PM
A friend of mine who lives in NY email me and mention that Joel Sherman of the NY Post was doing an interview on WWOR TV and that he predicts that the Mets will trade CLiff Floyd, Juan Padilla and a prospect probably(Brian Bannister) to the Sox for Jose Contreras and a OF prospect...

He predicts?

Ol' No. 2
01-27-2006, 12:08 PM

Does anyone have WWOR TV and seen this interview:rolling:

Cliff Floyd? Your friend's full of ****.

01-27-2006, 12:09 PM
it probably won't happen, but if it does, I can live with it...Padilla takes B-Mac place in the pen, B-Mac takes jose place in the rotation, Pods moves to Center, Cliff in Left...

Pods
Gooch
Thome
Paulie
Floyd
Dye
AJ
Crede
Uribe

Hangar18
01-27-2006, 12:14 PM
it probably won't happen, but if it does, I can live with it...Padilla takes B-Mac place in the pen, B-Mac takes jose place in the rotation, Pods moves to Center, Cliff in Left...

Pods
Gooch
Thome
Paulie
Floyd
Dye
AJ
Crede
Uribe

OK, but what about Brian Anderson ??
OH not to thread hijack here, but I had a dream BAnderson hit a game-winning homerun for us this season .......it was a pretty cool dream.
The Cell was going nuts ...........

Madvora
01-27-2006, 12:16 PM
OH not to thread hijack here, but I had a dream BAnderson hit a game-winning homerun for us this season .......it was a pretty cool dream.
I'm more excited about watching Anderson this year than I am about Thome.

ondafarm
01-27-2006, 12:16 PM
I don't see the White Sox trading for an outfielder.

SOXintheBURGH
01-27-2006, 12:18 PM

I had a dream Tadahito got traded to the Reds. :?:

Whitesox4ever
here are some of the posts from a few NY Mets fans have to say about the possible trade

From: mysticpiazza (http://www.forums.mlb.com/dir-app/bbcard/profile.asp?webtag=ml-mets&uid=513363697) Jan-26 1:31 pm To: ALL (30 of 47) Actually he did well with the White Sox but I think NY has too much pressure. I don't want him....I feel bout him the way I feel about Weaver....NY is too much pressure for da boyz. Although I am as wary of Contreras' psyche as I am of Cliff's legs, I would do this deal. I love Cliff, always have always will. He is an outstanding ball player and a great human being. His attitude and disposition can't be beat. (Maybe I am selling myself on opposing the trade?? But I'd still do it.) Fact is that he is fragile, in his walk year, and probably better suited to an AL team. Contreras can be a top of the rotation pitcher, and could be with us for years to come. You've gotta do this trade.
The hole in the outfield would have to be addressed, as you said. If we did this trade, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeff DaVannon signed to platoon with Diaz and/or Nady or to see the trade expanded to include someone like Joe Borchard or Jerry Owens. (who Omar knows from Montreal) Brian Anderson would probably be too much to ask for, and I can't see the White Sox willing to part with Podsednik or Dye unless they got some real talent back.
154579.30 (http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-mets/messages?msg=154579.30) in reply to 154579.28 (http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-mets&msg=154579.21#a28) Floyd hit 34HRs and 98RBIs last year. He's a serious threat at the plate and you guys want to trade him for a 35 year old pitcher? There's nobody we can slot in the lineup to take his place offensively. How long do you want to play this see saw game: trade away quality pitching for hitters resulting in a potent lineup and a weak rotation or trade away quality hitters for a potent rotation and a weak lineup? We need solid balance. Keep Floyd and try to get a halfway decent pitcher by trading off our collection of bench warmers and middle relievers, or take your chances with Heilman.

caulfield12

This makes little sense, except for those who continually fantasize about bringing more LH power with South Side roots to the Sox.

Bannister better be the equivalent of Scott Kazmir, because there are quite a few teams that would ONLY take Floyd´s contract for NOTHING in return because of his injury history.

Why we would give up one of the best pitchers in the AL, then throw in Sweeney or Owens, for a middle reliever and prospect, well that is borderline preposterous.

Not to mention the fact that moving Pods to CF and sticking Floyd out into LF makes us worse defensively than we were with C-Lee and Rowand in the outfield.

Whitesox4ever
01-27-2006, 12:22 PM
This makes little sense, except for those who continually fantasize about bringing more LH power with South Side roots to the Sox.

Bannister better be the equivalent of Scott Kazmir, because there are quite a few teams that would ONLY take Floyd´s contract for NOTHING in return because of his injury history.

Why we would give up one of the best pitchers in the AL, then throw in Sweeney or Owens, for a middle reliever and prospect, well that is borderline preposterous.

Not to mention the fact that moving Pods to CF and sticking Floyd out into LF makes us worse defensively than we were with C-Lee and Rowand in the outfield.

maybe the OF prospect will be Joe Borchard

Whitesox4ever
01-27-2006, 12:29 PM
A few more Mets fan point of view

Met's fans discussing baseball at 5:30am makes me happy. Floyd for Contreras is interesting. It's definetely not a what the F in either way but it's interesting. My opinion, Inever loved Floyd but I did like him and after the Benson trade we do need pitching but a Floyd for Contreras trade I would probably say no.

From: bobindc (http://www.forums.mlb.com/dir-app/bbcard/profile.asp?webtag=ml-mets&uid=263565799) Jan-26 8:33 pm To: hasheesh8 (http://www.forums.mlb.com/dir-app/bbcard/profile.asp?webtag=ml-mets&uid=532071721) (9 of 9) 154225.9 (http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-mets/messages?msg=154225.9) in reply to 154225.8 (http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-mets&msg=154225.1&ctx=0#a8) i am too radical for this board but I would include floyd and bannister in a deal for Jose C.

White Sox Randy
01-27-2006, 12:33 PM
There is absolutely NO CHANCE that Ozzie would play with an outfield of Floyd, Pods and Dye defensively !

sircaffey1
01-27-2006, 12:35 PM
There is absolutely NO CHANCE that Ozzie would play with an outfield of Floyd, Pods and Dye defensively !
Especially when Floyd and Dye have extensive injury histories.

oeo
01-27-2006, 12:39 PM

And Hangar's dreams don't lie. Remember the vests? The vests powered them to a 14-2 rout of the Red Sox and blasted them through the playoffs. :redneck

Tekijawa
01-27-2006, 12:47 PM
I guarantee that you will never see Cliff in a jersey from a Team that plays in Chicago or St. Louis... I've explained this a billion times.

jamokes
01-27-2006, 12:53 PM
At what point in time does Borchard become a suspect and not a prospect?

Hangar18
01-27-2006, 12:53 PM
And Hangar's dreams don't lie. Remember the vests? The vests powered them to a 14-2 rout of the Red Sox and blasted them through the playoffs. :redneck

That was pretty eeery actually when it started happening. I did everything I could to get them to wear the vests and McCarthy instead wore the black jersey (they lost)
Once they started wearing the Vests, they never lost again until Game1 of the ALCS

CLR01
01-27-2006, 06:33 PM
At what point in time does Borchard become a suspect and not a prospect?

about a year and a half ago.

michned
01-27-2006, 08:11 PM
It's Brian Anderson's time. Let's see what he can do...

balke
01-27-2006, 09:07 PM
IF the Sox were going to trade with the mets, I doubt that's the OFer they'd be getting in return. I would assume they'd be getting that Victor Diaz guy who's supposed to be really good in the future. That's my first reaction. If we lose Contreres, I'm skeptical we'd be getting anyone super exciting or expensive in return.