PDA

View Full Version : Rowand Fans

TheKittle
01-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Sorry you gotta live in LA for this. But Rowand is scheduled to play at the Cal State Fullerton alumni baseball game on Sat Jan 28th. The game is scheduled for 1pm. Free admission and parking. Former players usually show up around noon.

While this link doesn't show Rowand's name. He is scheduled to be at the game. He's been there almost every year since he left CSF. The one or two years he missed the alumni game, it was because he was at Sox Fest.

I will try to make it but it doesn't look good. But a buddy is going and will take some pics. Mike Lamb of the Astros, who also played at CSF, is scheduled to play too.

http://fullertontitans.collegesports.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/010706aad.html

ChiSoxGirl
01-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Sorry you gotta live in LA for this. But Rowand is scheduled to play at the Cal State Fullerton alumni baseball game on Sat Jan 28th. The game is scheduled for 1pm. Free admission and parking. Former players usually show up around noon.

While this link doesn't show Rowand's name. He is scheduled to be at the game. He's been there almost every year since he left CSF.

http://fullertontitans.collegesports.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/010706aad.html

I guess that means he won't be making a guest appearance in the Hyatt's Atrium Bar this weekend!

TheKittle
01-29-2006, 12:07 AM
I guess that means he won't be making a guest appearance in the Hyatt's Atrium Bar this weekend!

Sorry for the mistake but Rowand was at the Phillies version of Sox Fest, Phillies Caravan.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060128&content_id=1302714&vkey=news_phi&fext=.jsp&c_id=phi

Brian26
01-29-2006, 12:12 AM
Sorry for the mistake but Rowand was at the Phillies version of Sox Fest, Phillies Caravan.

Anyone know if Thome was there too?

TheKittle
01-29-2006, 01:03 AM
Anyone know if Thome was there too?

Is that your attempt at humor?

Huisj
01-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Is that your attempt at humor?

Is that your attempt at sarcasm?

kittle42
01-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Is there going to be a subsection of fans who hate Thome because "he's the reason Rowand and Thomas are gone?" :rolleyes:

HebrewHammer
01-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Is there going to be a subsection of fans who hate Thome because "he's the reason Rowand and Thomas are gone?" :rolleyes:

If he gets off to a slow start they'll come crawling out of the woodwork. Much like the Jermain Dye haters from last year.

I own a Rowand authentic road jersey that I'm not sure what to do with, but I'm on the Thominator's bandwagon. Can't wait to see what he'll do at The Cell.

MUsoxfan
01-30-2006, 12:06 AM
I own a Rowand authentic road jersey that I'm not sure what to do with it

Wear it proudly. He represented the Sox in an extraordinary manner during his time here and he didn't leave on bad terms

Chisox003
01-30-2006, 12:20 AM
One can only hope!

That way, when Thome goes 0-3 with a walk during an Opening Night victory, they'll be flooding the boards with "Told ya so's!"

Ooooo, can't wait!

:rolleyes:

ondafarm
01-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Is that your attempt at sarcasm?

Can we get a consistent color assigned for that? How about mauve? Or not.

SoCalWhiteSoxFan
01-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the tip. I live in Fullerton, and will try to make it.

Palehose13
01-31-2006, 12:14 PM

Not from me and Rowand and Thomas were listed as my favorite current players until recently. I am still fans of the men, but my love for the Sox is stronger than that. I am happy to have Thome on the team.

Mike Lamb of the Astros, who also played at CSF, is scheduled to play too.

I thought it was "My Clam" :cool: