PDA

View Full Version : Widger and AJ must have been out late last night

daveeym
01-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately, I was in a meeting and missed the call, but Widger left me a voicemail thanking me for purchasing season and/or group tickets. No it wasn't a recorded message. I think Brooks should have these guys drunk dial you while they're out having a few pops, the voice mails would be better.

So a heads up to all you ticket holders to answer your phones today and report back on who gave you a buzz.

Unregistered
01-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Unfortunately, I was in a meeting and missed the call, but Widger left me a voicemail thanking me for purchasing season and/or group tickets. No it wasn't a recorded message. I think Brook should have these guys drunk dial you while they're out having a few pops, the voice mails would be better.
Haha, that would be hilarious.

Widger:"Dude, I'm coming by. I'm so wasted... and I'm bringing girls...brghg,g,hgr.rghr.gh...rghrh...season tickets...brghhghrr..."

or

AJ: "This guy's ****in' wasted! I'm cool though. WHERE ARE YOU DUDE?!?! WE'RE HANGING OUT!!!! Whatever, come meet us. Oh, uh... season tickets, or something..." <click>

crazyozzie02
01-26-2006, 01:52 PM

Widger:"Dude, I'm coming by. I'm so wasted... and I'm bringing girls...brghg,g,hgr.rghr.gh...rghrh...season tickets...brghhghrr..."

or

AJ: "This guy's ****in' wasted! I'm cool though. WHERE ARE YOU DUDE?!?! WE'RE HANGING OUT!!!! Whatever, come meet us. Oh, uh... season tickets, or something..." <click>

I love it!!!!:gulp:

soxinem1
01-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Just think of it from Widger's end. He has to call someone he does not know and thank them for buying something that he was not selling, directly anyway. But it's better than some tape recorded message, that would be tacky, especially with the season we are coming off. Even so, I could see the headlines in the cubune:

DRUNKEN WASTED SOX PLAYERS FORCED TO THANK FANS BY PHONE
Silly marketing ploy leads to dozens of 'Do Not Call List' requests

daveeym
01-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Just think of it from Widger's end. He has to call someone he does not know and thank them for buying something that he was not selling, directly anyway. But it's better than some tape recorded message, that would be tacky, especially with the season we are coming off. Even so, I could see the headlines in the cubune:

DRUNKEN WASTED SOX PLAYERS FORCED TO THANK FANS BY PHONE
Cubs purchase minor leaguer's contract He did pretty well actually. You can tell he was a bit unsure at the end before hanging up. I could feel him thinking, "uhm, ok, what the hell do I do now."

soxinem1
01-26-2006, 02:00 PM
He did pretty well actually. You can tell he was a bit unsure at the end before hanging up. I could feel him thinking, "uhm, ok, what the hell do I do now."

Oh sure, it was a great gesture on behalf of the team. Sure beats some tape of Eddie Einhorn thanking them for their support.

kjkobs
01-26-2006, 02:03 PM
I got a voicemail too, from Politte but I was also not around to answer the call.

Baby Fisk
01-26-2006, 02:04 PM

or

Crede: "Dude pick up the phone. PICK UP! PICK UP! Okay, call me back when you get this message *snickering*. Dude you won't BELIEVE what we DID! We went to Uribe's house-- [*Pierzynski yelling in background*] SHUT UP! Anyway... yeah dude *snickering*! We went to Uribe's house and took the hubcaps off his car and threw em in his pool HAHAHAHA! He's gonna be so pissed off HAHAHAHAHA! Season tickets yeah baby!" <click>

TheDarkGundam
01-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Crede: "Dude pick up the phone. PICK UP! PICK UP! Okay, call me back when you get this message *snickering*. Dude you won't BELIEVE what we DID! We went to Uribe's house-- [*Pierzynski yelling in background*] SHUT UP! Anyway... yeah dude *snickering*! We went to Uribe's house and took the hubcaps off his car and threw em in his pool HAHAHAHA! He's gonna be so pissed off HAHAHAHAHA! Season tickets yeah baby!" <click>
:D: :thumbsup:

Funny stuff guys, keep 'em coming!

soxinem1
01-26-2006, 02:11 PM

Uh oh!!! Sounds like a 'White Sox Thank Season Ticket Holders' script thread is coming............

daveeym
01-26-2006, 02:16 PM
:D: :thumbsup:

Funny stuff guys, keep 'em coming! Seriously, I'm trying hard to not laugh out loud here.

Baby Fisk
01-26-2006, 02:18 PM
[Willie Harris was dumped from the team before he could read his phone script, so here's Rob Mackowiak reading Willie Harris's script:]

"*Ahem* Do I start now? Okay *ahem*. Hey girl, it's me, your Wee Willie. Can't I just make up a different one? Okay, sorry *ahem*. Hey girl, it's me, your Wee Willie. Where you been? I been askin round for you at the club. Didn't Shaniqua tell you I was lookin for you? That's right. I just wanted to tell you something. You been on my mind girl. That's right. I been thinkin bout chu. Thinkin bout... what I'd like to do wi chu. Girl. Look at chu... sittin there on the third base side with your Ozzie plan. You make me hot girl. Hot! Okay, seriously I can't read this. Can I write my own?" <click>

daveeym
01-26-2006, 02:21 PM
[Willie Harris was dumped from the team before he could read his phone script, so here's Rob Mackowiak reading Willie Harris's script:]

"*Ahem* Do I start now? Okay *ahem*. Hey girl, it's me, your Wee Willie. Can't I just make up a different one? Okay, sorry *ahem*. Hey girl, it's me, your Wee Willie. Where you been? I been askin round for you at the club. Didn't Shaniqua tell you I was lookin for you? That's right. I just wanted to tell you something. You been on my mind girl. That's right. I been thinkin bout chu. Thinkin bout... what I'd like to do wi chu. Girl. Look at chu... sittin there on the third base side with your Ozzie plan. You make me hot girl. Hot! Okay, seriously I can't read this. Can I write my own?" <click> I overheard AJ in the backround finishing up a call of his own. AJ: I have how many ****ing more of these calls to make? 2500?:thud:

SoxFan78
01-26-2006, 02:25 PM
I haven't gotten one! I wonder how they determine who they are calling?

SOXintheBURGH
01-26-2006, 02:32 PM
This is amazing. I love this team.

Palehose13
01-26-2006, 02:32 PM
I haven't gotten one! I wonder how they determine who they are calling?

Me neither, but I assume that they may be calling whoever spent the most money first.

Dan Mega
01-26-2006, 02:34 PM
I wanna phone call from the Sox!:whiner:

34 Inch Stick
01-26-2006, 02:37 PM
I got a phone call from Harold Baines and here is how it went.

Me: Hello.
Harold:
Me: Hello. Hello. Hello. Click.

And to think I thought it was a wrong number all this time until I read this post.

IggyD
01-26-2006, 02:41 PM

Harold:

And to think I thought it was a wrong number all this time until I read this post.

I got that call too.....lucky us

soxinem1
01-26-2006, 02:43 PM

Harold:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Unregistered
01-26-2006, 02:43 PM

Harold:

:rolling:

Kogs35
01-26-2006, 02:47 PM
i should not be drinking soda when reading these threads. :rolling:

Baby Fisk
01-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Anderson: "Oh my god... no way... Oh my god! No way! YOU GOT SEASON TICKETS! OH MY GOD!" <click>

Palehose13
01-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Anyone else gets a call? We have a bunch of ST holders here. Those that got the calls, are you full season holders?

Hmmm...I feel like I typed that "soxwon-style".

Scottiehaswheels
01-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Anyone else gets a call? We have a bunch of ST holders here. Those that got the calls, are you full season holders?

Hmmm...I feel like I typed that "soxwon-style".

haven't gotten a call yet... probably won't....

cbone
01-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Double play plan no call :(:

Kuzman
01-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Yah, I have the double play plan as well. No call. I guess us people with full-time jobs aren't good enough for the white sox to waste thier valuable time!:tongue:

daveeym
01-26-2006, 03:26 PM

Hmmm...I feel like I typed that "soxwon-style". Double play plan here. 1st time season ticket holder. Also signed up for a patio party group outing. So that should be no help at all as to who they're deciding to call.

The Wall
01-26-2006, 03:48 PM
A few years ago I had shown interest in season tickets in the middle of the year. At the end of the season, Buehrle called me trying to sell me a season ticket but I was outta work then :(

salty99
01-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Ozzie: Buy these thins! Buy these thins!

santo=dorf
01-26-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm pretty sure Matt Karchner called my house yesterday trying to get me to switch to the dish.

soxinem1
01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Matt Karchner called my house yesterday trying to get me to switch to the dish.

Funny, I thought I saw him at his other job yesterday on the off-ramp on I-55:

http://www.cod.edu/dept/sociology/SocData/Man_with_Work_Food_Sign.gif

bafiarocks03
01-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Psh...I want a phone call!! :(:

IlliniSox4Life
01-26-2006, 05:22 PM
*ring**ring*
Steve Perry: Yeah baby! Let's sing it!
Just a small town girl, livin in a White Sox world!
She took the evening train going to Sox Park!
Just a city boy, born in raised in south Chicago,
He took the evening train going to Sox Park!

I'm a singer in a smokey room
The smell of wine and cheap perfume
Callin to thank you for buying tickets tonight
It goes on and on and on and on

Strangers, I'm calling, up and down this sheet
Buehrle is phoning to my right
We're people, living just to call *insert name*
Hiding, somewhere in the night.

Working hard to do my fill,
everybody wants a call
Payin' anything to roll the dice,
just one more time
We will win, they will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the winning never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

(chorus)

Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
Season ticket people

Hey, yeah, so this is Steve Perry! And as your official mascot of 2005, I just wanted to thank you for buying season tickets! This is unbelievable!"

Mr. White Sox
01-26-2006, 05:32 PM
IGUCHI: Dome ninguchi jinkoku michogu...that means "AMERICANS ARE DUMB HAHAHAHA". [Shingo in background, club music clearly playing]: "Ah ha, you punked they asses!" (I understand Shingo is not on the team anymore, but artistic license folks!) IGUCHI: Oh, ah, congratulations on purchasing your season tickets. Thank you.

On another note, notice how nobody has gotten a live call? Don't you think it's more convenient for them just to pre-record a message and send it to you telemarketer style? That's what I assume they're doing until someone on WSI says they actually got to talk to one of the guys.

Corlose 15
01-26-2006, 05:48 PM

"*Ahem* Do I start now? Okay *ahem*. Hey girl, it's me, your Wee Willie. Can't I just make up a different one? Okay, sorry *ahem*. Hey girl, it's me, your Wee Willie. Where you been? I been askin round for you at the club. Didn't Shaniqua tell you I was lookin for you? That's right. I just wanted to tell you something. You been on my mind girl. That's right. I been thinkin bout chu. Thinkin bout... what I'd like to do wi chu. Girl. Look at chu... sittin there on the third base side with your Ozzie plan. You make me hot girl. Hot! Okay, seriously I can't read this. Can I write my own?" <click>

:rolling: :rolling: The Anderson one is hilarious too.

Dan Mega
01-26-2006, 06:13 PM

Billy Koch has been pestering me to switch my long distance carrier.

WSox8404
01-26-2006, 06:19 PM

That is hilarious except for one minor detail. I really doubt that anyone on the Sox has a car that has hubcaps on them. Just a hunch.....lol.

buehrle4cy05
01-26-2006, 06:50 PM
So is this just for full-season ticket holders or what?:redface:

Soxfanspcu11
01-26-2006, 07:00 PM
So is this just for full-season ticket holders or what?:redface:

I'm a full season ticket holder and didn't get anything so who knows!

INSox56
01-26-2006, 07:16 PM
DP plan here, no call. Not surprised though...there ARE a lot of season ticket holders. I'm willing to bet they won't do it all in one day. :wink: I won't get my hopes up to keep it more of a surprise.

chisox
01-26-2006, 07:20 PM

post of the week. hands-down.

manders_01
01-26-2006, 07:22 PM
On another note, notice how nobody has gotten a live call? Don't you think it's more convenient for them just to pre-record a message and send it to you telemarketer style? That's what I assume they're doing until someone on WSI says they actually got to talk to one of the guys.

Unfortunately, I was in a meeting and missed the call, but Widger left me a voicemail thanking me for purchasing season and/or group tickets. No it wasn't a recorded message.

The first poster said it was a live person. They said they weren't able to answer the phone so they got a voicemail.

Realist
01-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Years ago when the season ticket base wasn't all that big, the Sox players would actually come out to your house and thank you personally. Danny Pasqua stayed for about 20 minutes and ate all my Doritos.

VivaOzzie
01-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Years ago when the season ticket base wasn't all that big, the Sox players would actually come out to your house and thank you personally. Danny Pasqua stayed for about 20 minutes and ate all my Doritos.

:jenks:
"Brooks, personal visits? I'm all over that one."

dickallen15
01-27-2006, 12:11 AM

After he left, how long did it take you to realize your bong was missing?

StillMissOzzie
01-27-2006, 01:31 AM

:roflmao: :rolling: :smokin:

SMO
:gulp:

Timmy D's
01-27-2006, 03:08 AM
Full season ticket holder here, but no phone call yet.:whiner: Then again even if someonbe calls I'll be at work trying to pay off my tickets. I hope they dont wake up my wife from her nap when they call. Peg Bundy here gets cranky if she doesnt get her 18 hours.

Realist
01-27-2006, 05:17 AM
After he left, how long did it take you to realize your bong was missing?

I didn't mind that so much. It had a little chip in it. The worst part was once he starts telling a story, he bogarts like there's no tomorrow.

:smokin:

markopat
01-27-2006, 07:30 AM
This was a GREAT way to start my day!

ROTFLMAO

Well done...

scottjanssens
01-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Last year it was Everett calling around. He told me to enjoy the games. I told him that depended on him and his teammates.

Sox35th
01-27-2006, 01:55 PM
I just got a call from Ronnie Woo Woo

Ronnie: Sox Woo Champs…....Sox Woo Champs…….Sox Woo Champs

Then Ronnie went on to say: I wish the Cubs could be Woo Champs

Yes......the prize of the Cubs organization (what a big dummy)

http://www.ronniewoowoo.com/images/fun-horse.jpg

DumpJerry
01-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Full season ticket holder here, but no phone call yet.:whiner:
ditto me.:whiner: I also bought 50 tickets for a group outing to one of the Red Sox games.
Of course with all the ticket buyers there are, it might take some time to reach all of us.....

Baby Fisk
01-27-2006, 03:32 PM
I burst out loud laughing at that photo! :rolling:

Imagine the newspaper headline if the Cubune wasn't so biased:

DERANGED MADMAN STEALS PONY FROM LINCOLN PARK PETTING ZOO
Arrested after low speed police chase to Wrigleyville.

russ99
01-27-2006, 03:35 PM
ditto me.:whiner: I also bought 50 tickets for a group outing to one of the Red Sox games.
Of course with all the ticket buyers there are, it might take some time to reach all of us.....

I have an Ozzie Plan for the last 2 years and personally converted over 25 new sox fans last season on 4 group outings last year, but I ain't gonna :whiner: over a no call.

A championship is enough for me. Two would be nice, though. :smile:

soxinem1
01-27-2006, 03:44 PM
I just got a call from Ronnie Woo Woo

Ronnie: Sox Woo Champs…....Sox Woo Champs…….Sox Woo Champs

Then Ronnie went on to say: I wish the Cubs could be Woo Champs

Yes......the prize of the Cubs organization (what a big dummy)

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I cannot stop laughing. What a ****ing idiot!! This must have been taken after one of Woo-Woo's weekday binges!

soxfanreggie
01-27-2006, 04:53 PM
I don't know if I'd want Bobby Jenks. I just bought a new 24 pack of Bud Select...and well...I'd like to have at least a few cans after he left.

Bobby at my house: "Hey dude, I'm parched."
Me: "Sorry man, let me get you something to drink."
Bobby: "Naw bro, I can get it, don't want you to go to any trouble."
*Hear in kitchen* Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*
Me: "You okay in there man?"
Bobby (in a slurred voice): "Heeeeyyyyy, are you the mannnnn with the DO-RI-TOs? Oooooo....tinfoil...so shiiiiinnnnnnyyyyy."

bobwsx
02-02-2006, 06:18 PM
I got a voicemail too, from Politte but I was also not around to answer the call.I guess he doesn't know to text you.:supernana:
</IMG>

IspepAloc
02-03-2006, 10:46 AM
I don't know if I'd want Bobby Jenks. I just bought a new 24 pack of Bud Select...and well...I'd like to have at least a few cans after he left.

Bobby at my house: "Hey dude, I'm parched."
Me: "Sorry man, let me get you something to drink."
Bobby: "Naw bro, I can get it, don't want you to go to any trouble."
*Hear in kitchen* Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*Can Opening*Chug*
Me: "You okay in there man?"
Bobby (in a slurred voice): "Heeeeyyyyy, are you the mannnnn with the DO-RI-TOs? Oooooo....tinfoil...so shiiiiinnnnnnyyyyy."

Awesome, purely Awesome.

MinnySoxFan
02-03-2006, 11:05 AM
I burst out loud laughing at that photo! :rolling:

Imagine the newspaper headline if the Cubune wasn't so biased:

DERANGED MADMAN STEALS PONY FROM LINCOLN PARK PETTING ZOO
Arrested after low speed police chase to Wrigleyville.

Has anyone noticed that we have more world series championships than Ronnie Woo Woo has of teeth...

I recieved a call from the Twins...

Twins: Hello fellow fan
(click)

jenn2080
02-03-2006, 11:15 AM
I got a call from Widger also....I didnt answer the phone because I was at the hospital visiting my gram..but I got a voicemail. I listened to some of it and then deleted it because I thought it was a recorded message.

Sox35th
02-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Has anyone noticed that we have more world series championships than Ronnie Woo Woo has of teeth...

http://www.ronniewoowoo.com/images/newSmile.jpg