PDA

View Full Version : Core of the Core, Part II

TornLabrum
01-25-2006, 11:47 PM
I received an email from Kurt Hasenbalg from the Sox, the ticket agent who put together last year's Core of the Core Patio Party. He'd like to know our feelings about doing it again this year. This is an open invitation for you to express your sentiments. I'm open to any suggestions you may have for this year, too.

Should we do it again? Preferred time-frame? (I've asked Kurt if there are any dates that are better on the Sox' end.) Anything else? Let us know.

Mohoney
01-25-2006, 11:49 PM
Is there any way we can do a weekend game, or is everything booked for the weekends?

TornLabrum
01-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Is there any way we can do a weekend game, or is everything booked for the weekends?

I'm sure Kurt will let me know when he answers my reply to his email.

Ol' No. 2
01-25-2006, 11:54 PM
I wasn't able to make it last year, but I'd be up for another try.

Parrothead
01-25-2006, 11:57 PM
i would be in and a weekend game would be lots more fun.

ChiSoxGirl
01-26-2006, 12:03 AM
I'd LOVE another COTC Night; good times had by all last time!! :bandance:

As for when would be best for me (and as a fellow teacher, you'll probably agree with this, Hal), anytime in June-August, and it doesn't matter if it'd be a weeknight or weekend. Keep us posted. :smile:

Daver
01-26-2006, 12:11 AM
If it could be done as a weekend day game, I would ask Torn to carpool to the game with me.

doublem23
01-26-2006, 12:18 AM
I'd love another stab at a Core of the Core night; maybe during the summer this year, so those of us at school can come back for it? :redface:

Either way, my interest is piqued.

ilsox7
01-26-2006, 12:18 AM
I'd enjoy it, as I missed out on the first one.

FielderJones
01-26-2006, 12:25 AM
I had a great time at the first one, so count me in for round 2!

Crede_Fan
01-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Can we make it May 22nd? Just so we can give #35 the big WSI "O"!

LuvSox
01-26-2006, 12:37 AM
Count me in for round two!!!

Stroker Ace
01-26-2006, 12:39 AM
I'd love another stab at a Core of the Core night; maybe during the summer this year, so those of us at school can come back for it? :redface:

Either way, my interest is piqued.Yeah. I would have gone last year, but I had to head out to NY for school.

koch44
01-26-2006, 12:42 AM
I'd go, if it was a game between mid May, and mid August.

chisoxfanatic
01-26-2006, 12:42 AM
Hell yea!!! Count me in for ANYTIME!!! Weekends are the best time, IMHO.

DumpJerry
01-26-2006, 12:50 AM
It'll probably be a Royals or Rays game, I can't see a big enough block being available for a "good" or popular opponent. I recently bought a block of 50 tickets to the Red Sox game on Saturday night and wound up in three rows in two 500 level sections.

It'll be a blast, I'll unload my regular tickets for the game so I can hang with the Core!

chisoxfanatic
01-26-2006, 12:54 AM
It'll probably be a Royals or Rays game, I can't see a big enough block being available for a "good" or popular opponent. I recently bought a block of 50 tickets to the Red Sox game on Saturday night and wound up in three rows in two 500 level sections.

It'll be a blast, I'll unload my regular tickets for the game so I can hang with the Core!

Should we allow a certain party ditcher to sit with us??? :D:

DrCrawdad
01-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Had a great time last year. I'm sure the whole famn damily will do it again.

chisoxmike
01-26-2006, 01:41 AM
Name the day and time and I'm there.

Iwritecode
01-26-2006, 01:46 AM
I'm definitely up for it. Preferably a weekend game.

steff
01-26-2006, 06:06 AM
Should we allow a certain party ditcher to sit with us??? :D:

Hmm.. never thought about banning you from the festivities. :wink:

itsnotrequired
01-26-2006, 06:58 AM
I missed it the first time around but would love another shot at it. Weekdays are fine with me but the weekend works better for bringing my wife along.

kevin57
01-26-2006, 07:29 AM
I'd love to do it...and would probably make it whenever it's scheduled, but a weekend game during the summer months would make it most available to most.

IlliniSox4Life
01-26-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm interested, definately. Would all depend on the dates.

Tekijawa
01-26-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm still recovering from the first one but I know my friends and I would be up for it again, especially if it's a weekend game!

MarySwiss
01-26-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm actually planning a trip back to Chicago in late spring/early summer to see family and friends. Not sure when yet, so I'll watch this thread and see what develops. I'd love to meet some of you guys and I love patio parties!

:D:

Rocky Soprano
01-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Count me in as well. Last year was a blast.

The weekends would be the best time, if that does not work late in the week would be fine.

pythons007
01-26-2006, 10:54 AM
I would like to go....I missed last years!!

DaleJRFan
01-26-2006, 11:14 AM
HELL YA!!! I had a blast last year, wouldn't miss it for the world!

DaleJRFan
01-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Can we ask that the SOX call it, officially, the WSI Day, seeing as how about 7 people showed up who weren't WSI members??? All the other "Sox boards" would be invited too... naturally.

Blob
01-26-2006, 11:20 AM
I would be in again this year, as long as we can just buy the tickets for the food. I like my seats.:D: </IMG>

Deuce
01-26-2006, 12:01 PM
I'll do it if its on a weekend.

thepaulbowski
01-26-2006, 12:05 PM
I could do it, as long as it's not around mid to late May.

dakuda
01-26-2006, 12:53 PM
I would like to go again, but I would think maybe have it as a game that is not already part of one of the 2 27 game plans. That way, those with a plan get an extra game in there. :smile:

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-26-2006, 12:58 PM
I promise, real name tags this time - ones that will stick to all the jerseys worn!!! And teal markers for all those WhiteSoxJosh wannabes.

The Wall
01-26-2006, 01:05 PM
I'll be up for it this time after missing out last year. Please make it a weekend game since more people seem to prefer that.

Madvora
01-26-2006, 01:14 PM
I'd love to do it again. Discounted prices and good seats to a Sox game... why the hell not?

I suggest Frank's first game back to Comiskey - Monday May 22.

alohafri
01-26-2006, 01:24 PM
We'd go again. I'd love a summer thing too for the same reason as Jen.

cheeses_h_rice
01-26-2006, 01:35 PM
I would definitely go again.

Preferences: June through mid-September, weekend game.

kevin57
01-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Can we ask that the SOX call it, officially, the WSI Day, seeing as how about 7 people showed up who weren't WSI members??? All the other "Sox boards" would be invited too... naturally.

I don't know if I like this idea. Last year, I learned about it from the Soxtalk board. Even if "invited," I might have felt awkward or "excluded" if it had been billed a WSI night.

skottyj242
01-26-2006, 02:20 PM
I would be in, I missed last years but would love to come this year. I have no preference on the date, just as long as Hank brings his trophy.

Palehose13
01-26-2006, 02:23 PM
I'd LOVE another COTC Night; good times had by all last time!! :bandance:

As for when would be best for me (and as a fellow teacher, you'll probably agree with this, Hal), anytime in June-August, and it doesn't matter if it'd be a weeknight or weekend. Keep us posted. :smile:

I prefer a weekend game, but if it has to be during the week as a teacher at a year-round school, I'm off all of April and the last two weeks of June and all of July. Not to be difficult. :wink:

pdimas
01-26-2006, 02:25 PM
I was at the game last year the party was held but got a little too tipsy before the game and totally forgot about it. :redface: I would like to make it this year. :gulp:

chisoxmike
01-26-2006, 02:34 PM
I think a game against the Indians or Twins would be fun. I think I just got over my hangover from the last one, so I'm ready for Part II.

infohawk
01-26-2006, 02:39 PM
i would be in and a weekend game would be lots more fun.
I agree. I would seriously consider going if it was on a weekend. I wanted to go last year, but the weekday just didn't work for me.

Dan Mega
01-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Is this open to all Sox fans? Or just season ticket holders I assume?

DaleJRFan
01-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Is this open to all Sox fans? Or just season ticket holders I assume?

No way, its open to ANY WSI member. When you purchase your ticket(s), you have to provide your WSI screen name...

Dan Mega
01-26-2006, 06:59 PM
Nice, thanks

JohnBasedowYoda
01-26-2006, 08:18 PM
It was awesome and I want to do it again.

DaveIsHere
01-26-2006, 08:20 PM
DaveIsHere and DeavesWifeIsHere should be up for it

INSox56
01-26-2006, 08:21 PM
In case any other newer members are too shy to ask...I'll do it. What are the details? I can pretty much guess, but what's the info on it? From the sounds of it, I'm in.

pearso66
01-26-2006, 08:43 PM
I unfortunately missed last years, so I'd be up for it this year. Hopefully its not a game on Saturday or Sunday as I have the weekend ticket plan. But even if it was, I could pawn my tickets off on my parents, or my sisters friends or something. Count me in on voting for the first game Frank comes back, even though I'll probably try to get tickets to that game anyway.

gosox3072
01-26-2006, 08:46 PM
During the summer time would be best for people like me who are in college!:D:

Opening day would be good too!

Also just for me, we should do it July 6th which is my 21st birthday.......u can all buy me beers!!!! :)

The Dude
01-26-2006, 09:27 PM
I'd definitely be in again and the same goes for Chips I imagine since he cant use the net these days.

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-26-2006, 09:40 PM
In case any other newer members are too shy to ask...I'll do it. What are the details? I can pretty much guess, but what's the info on it? From the sounds of it, I'm in.

You purchase a ticket which allows a pre game meet and greet with fellow WSI'ers, including food and drink, then to the seats to watch the game. It's a great time, truly. Maybe, we'll get Moose again this year, along with Brooks!!!

gobears1987
01-26-2006, 09:49 PM
I will go if I can make it. I was unable to go last year:(:

TornLabrum
01-26-2006, 10:21 PM
I just checked my email, and I received a reply from Kurt. Here's what he had to say:

"You guys can have your pick of the litter for any date in Apr. or May (except Opening Day & Cubs, of course). June - Sept. may be trickier, but we'll try to figure something out if there's a game-date you all like. I'm also open to facilitating more than one outing for you this year if there's interest there as well. Let me know."

Depending on the size of the group, April/May may be safer for getting the tickets we'd need. Feedback?

LuvSox
01-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Depending on the size of the group, April/May may be safer for getting the tickets we'd need. Feedback?

April/May works, for me anyways. I'm on vacation most of that time. :smile:

pearso66
01-26-2006, 10:25 PM
I just checked my email, and I received a reply from Kurt. Here's what he had to say:

"You guys can have your pick of the litter for any date in Apr. or May (except Opening Day & Cubs, of course). June - Sept. may be trickier, but we'll try to figure something out if there's a game-date you all like. I'm also open to facilitating more than one outing for you this year if there's interest there as well. Let me know."

Anytime is fine with me, I obviously won't know for sure until closer to the date, but last year I was out of town, hopefully this year will be different.

gobears1987
01-26-2006, 10:35 PM

Try to get late May so college students can go. I can't go until mid may.

IlliniSox4Life
01-26-2006, 10:40 PM

Try to get late May so college students can go. I can't go until mid may. Today 11:25 PM

5/22/06 - Oakland. Frank Thomas. 'Nuff Said.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-26-2006, 10:41 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/groups/index.jsp

They have $4 off Wednesdays (May 10 Anaheim, June 7 Detroit). I think you get a discount if you sign up as a season ticket holder as well.

Frank's return (May 22) would be the best choice for April / May.

I missed out last year (had tickets in the Upper Deck already) but would be interested this year. I have full season tickets but will sell my tickets if given notice.

Thanks for putting this together.

Mr. White Sox
01-26-2006, 10:42 PM
I'd love to go as well, but last time I was already back in college. If there's any chance we could get to a game during the summer (June/July maybe?) that would be ideal for me. Of course, just one opinion.

Realist
01-26-2006, 11:12 PM
As long as its not during the month I'm going to be shooting, I'm in.

StillMissOzzie
01-26-2006, 11:21 PM
"Let's do it again, like we did last summer!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist, in spite of the painful memories of 1984 that revived.

Hell, yeah, count me in. I'll be there if it's at all possible for us to make it.

Myself and Mrs. SMO had a great time, in spite of razzing Randar about trading Konerko for Helton.

SMO
:gulp:

DaleJRFan
01-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Is there any hope for a weekend game?? I'm guessing weekends are going to be tough.

We probably aren't really helping Hal too much just blurting out "May is good" or "How about a Tuesday day-game" :tongue:

Can we pick some dates the majority of us agree on, based on what was posted here, and then see if it'll work as for getting the tickets blocked off??

Any of the Oakland games, 5/23 - 5/25, would be a'ight by me...

DaleJRFan
01-26-2006, 11:25 PM
"Let's do it again, like we did last summer!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist, in spite of the painful memories of 1984 that revived.

Hell, yeah, count me in. I'll be there if it's at all possible for us to make it.

Myself and Mrs. SMO had a great time, in spite of razzing Randar about trading Konerko for Helton.

SMO
:gulp:

Randar didn't even know how to get to Jimbo's... what kind of Sox fan is that???

kevin57
01-26-2006, 11:33 PM
A weekend day in May will fit most people's preferences, it seems...given the timeframes we're given.

DumpJerry
01-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Why would we ban Chisoxfanatic from the festivities? She was referring to Hangar18.

Domeshot17
01-27-2006, 12:16 AM
I would all for this too. I think it would be more fun because I was new last year and new no one from here. I still really dont, but hopefully by core of the core part 5 Ill be set.

I would be all for going again. I also think it would be cool to make this a monthly or bi monthly event, The cost was not bad when you figure dinner and beer were provided. I think it would be a good way to get together and show our support. I too would say late may, the Frank game, would be a great idea because it allows the college kids time to get back in ( most are done early may).

Look forward too it.

TornLabrum
01-27-2006, 06:32 AM
I would all for this too. I think it would be more fun because I was new last year and new no one from here. I still really dont, but hopefully by core of the core part 5 Ill be set.

I would be all for going again. I also think it would be cool to make this a monthly or bi monthly event, The cost was not bad when you figure dinner and beer were provided. I think it would be a good way to get together and show our support. I too would say late may, the Frank game, would be a great idea because it allows the college kids time to get back in ( most are done early may).

Look forward too it.

I'm not going to be on the computer much this weekend since I'll be busy at Soxfest, but I would also like to hear how much sentiment there is for having at least one other outing. Remember Kurt did say, "I'm also open to facilitating more than one outing for you this year if there's interest there as well."

For the April/May dates, how is the sentiment towards something like Monday, May 22 vs. the A's? I'm personally kind of leaning towards that one because it's Frank's first game back, assuming he plays.

kevin57
01-27-2006, 07:31 AM
I would be open to more than one, but before going to a once/month format, to be a little less ambitious, perhaps two or three outings this year.

ChiSoxGirl
01-27-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm not going to be on the computer much this weekend since I'll be busy at Soxfest, but I would also like to hear how much sentiment there is for having at least one other outing. Remember Kurt did say, "I'm also open to facilitating more than one outing for you this year if there's interest there as well."

For the April/May dates, how is the sentiment towards something like Monday, May 22 vs. the A's? I'm personally kind of leaning towards that one because it's Frank's first game back, assuming he plays.

First of all, see you at SoxFest! :bandance:

As for COTC, I think May 22 sounds great, as I'd LOVE to be there for Big Frank's return. I would also welcome more than one COTC gathering- good times had by all in September! :gulp:

thepaulbowski
01-27-2006, 09:50 AM

Hmmm....my wife's due date in May 19th. Do you think she'd understand if got tickets to this game. "But honey, it's Frank's first game back! His first game back, we'll have other kids come along! :tongue:

itsnotrequired
01-27-2006, 09:52 AM

Do groups still get half-price tickets for Mondays? Either way, I'm down.

koch44
01-27-2006, 10:10 AM

Works for me!:gulp:

MarySwiss
01-27-2006, 10:37 AM

May 22nd vs. the A's is highly possible. :smile:

gobears1987
01-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Yeah we have to go see Frank. And Daver meeds to bring his elephant gun to shoot anyone who doesn't give him a standing O.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-27-2006, 11:10 AM

5/22 is a great idea. A second outing in the summer (say August) may work out as well for people unable to attend the first one due to school, childbirth or whatever other reason they may have.

Once again thanks for setting this up.

MarySwiss
01-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Yeah we have to go see Frank. And Daver meeds to bring his elephant gun to shoot anyone who doesn't give him a standing O.

Why are we giving Daver a standing O? :?:

SoxFanTillDeath
01-27-2006, 11:59 AM
I was unable to go to last year's COTC, but I'd love to go this year if possible. Let's get a date asap so I can somehow get off work...I can't wait!

Saturdays are the best days for me as it's the only day I don't work, but if it's Monday for my favorite player of all time's return, I think I'll be doing whatever I have to do to get off work early...

maurice
01-27-2006, 12:09 PM
5/22/06 - Oakland. Frank Thomas. 'Nuff Said.
:thumbsup:

DumpJerry
01-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Why are we giving Daver a standing O? :?:
We don't want to get banned.

QueerGirrl
01-27-2006, 02:32 PM
We had a blast last year and we're definitely in for part two. Which ever day is scheduled will be fine with us!!! :bandance:

JKryl
01-27-2006, 03:34 PM
I go for a weekend in May or June. How about keeping the bar open afterwards.

skobabe8
01-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Last year was a blast. Count me in anytime.

MySoxAreClean
01-27-2006, 05:06 PM
:thumbsup: IM IN PUT ME DOWN FOR 2

soxfanreggie
01-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Preferably over the summer when school is out. Weekend would be awesome for those of us who have summer jobs M-F and live far away.

The Critic
01-28-2006, 07:57 AM
I didn't go to last year's, but if there was a Part II, I'd like to go this time!
I think it's very cool of the Sox to give it consideration, given their mega-increased ticket demand this year!

chisoxfanatic
01-28-2006, 06:40 PM

Obviously you don't understand the definition of the word "ditch." I didn't "ditch" you guys this weekend. I told you all more than a week in advance that I had to cancel my going to Soxfest since my boyfriend was coming to town (and we're having an awesome weekend, mind you). That's not "ditching." Ditching would be if I were not to even tell you about the weekend plans, and that you would have expected me to arrive, but ultimately not even seeing me for the entire event. THAT is what ditching is! It looks like DumpJerry knows exactly what I was referring to.

Daver
01-28-2006, 06:55 PM
We don't want to get banned.

I haven't banned anyone in days.

DumpJerry
01-28-2006, 08:14 PM
It looks like DumpJerry knows exactly what I was referring to.
I'm a mind reader.

LuvSox
01-28-2006, 08:22 PM
I haven't banned anyone in days.

Itchy trigger finger?

TornLabrum
01-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Obviously you don't understand the definition of the word "ditch." I didn't "ditch" you guys this weekend. I told you all more than a week in advance that I had to cancel my going to Soxfest since my boyfriend was coming to town (and we're having an awesome weekend, mind you). That's not "ditching." Ditching would be if I were not to even tell you about the weekend plans, and that you would have expected me to arrive, but ultimately not even seeing me for the entire event. THAT is what ditching is! It looks like DumpJerry knows exactly what I was referring to.

Ditching is what I did to the folks at the bar last night. I've been fighting a cold for the past week, which is bad enough, but then I managed to throw out my back yesterday. I spent the evening in bed...oh, except for answering the phone for the brave soul who called my room just to let me know I'm a "fat ****." I'm pretty sure this is the same idiot who emailed me the same critique of my physique last year from his daddy's work email address.

The thing I love is that he could have done it to my face but instead used anonymity to conceal his identity. No guts, so as I told you on the phone pal, "**** you."

DumpJerry
01-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Ditching is what I did to the folks at the bar last night. I've been fighting a cold for the past week, which is bad enough, but then I managed to throw out my back yesterday. I spent the evening in bed...oh, except for answering the phone for the brave soul who called my room just to let me know I'm a "fat ****." I'm pretty sure this is the same idiot who emailed me the same critique of my physique last year from his daddy's work email address.

The thing I love is that he could have done it to my face but instead used anonymity to conceal his identity. No guts, so as I told you on the phone pal, "**** you."
It was probably the guy in the Cubs hat we razzed in the Atrium bar last night. Classless people that they are.

whitesoxwilkes
01-29-2006, 08:50 PM

Down with it, as long as it's not the long April homestand. That's our wedding/honeymoon...although maybe I can get Kris to change the date.

TornLabrum
01-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Based on the sentiment (or as Leo Gorcey would say, "sediment") here, I've emailed Kurt inquiring as to Monday, May 22. I mentioned the possibility of another date later in the summer.

IlliniSox4Life
01-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Just a question, I didn't see anyone else ask or answer it, but what exactly would be included in the package, and any rough estimates on what it would cost?

TornLabrum
01-29-2006, 10:46 PM
The package includes a ticket to the patio area for unlimited food and beverages (beer/pop) and a lower-deck reserved ticket. You'll get all the information in a flyer, I'm sure.

SoxandtheCityTee
01-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Count me in.

The Critic
01-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Based on the sentiment (or as Leo Gorcey would say, "sediment") here, I've emailed Kurt inquiring as to Monday, May 22. I mentioned the possibility of another date later in the summer.

Ooooh, the Welcome Home Frank game!
I'd be up for it - I missed out on that game in my ticket syndicate.

pearso66
01-29-2006, 11:01 PM

I would make sure I was there, even if I had to go alone, to see Frank come back.

MarySwiss
01-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Just a question, I didn't see anyone else ask or answer it, but what exactly would be included in the package, and any rough estimates on what it would cost?

Yeah, I'm interested in this too. I went to the Web site and it lists the food--ribs, chicken, hamburgers, dogs, etc.--but no price, probably because it's going to go up. Can anyone who went last year remember how much it costs, just to give us some idea?

Of course, if I'm flying in from Arizona for this, I don't think the ticket price is going to throw me all that much. And with unlimited beer, they might actually lose money on me! :gulp:

itsnotrequired
01-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I'm interested in this too. I went to the Web site and it lists the food--ribs, chicken, hamburgers, dogs, etc.--but no price, probably because it's going to go up. Can anyone who went last year remember how much it costs, just to give us some idea?

Of course, if I'm flying in from Arizona for this, I don't think the ticket price is going to throw me all that much. And with unlimited beer, they might actually lose money on me! :gulp:

It was $41 last year. That included the party and game ticket in the outfield. Parking was not included (extra $17).

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54920&highlight=core

MarySwiss
01-30-2006, 11:58 AM
It was $41 last year. That included the party and game ticket in the outfield. Parking was not included (extra $17).

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54920&highlight=core

Wow! That's a lot less than I would have thought. This is sounding better all the time.

Thanks!

Iwritecode
01-30-2006, 02:43 PM
The package includes a ticket to the patio area for unlimited food and beverages (beer/pop) and a lower-deck reserved ticket. You'll get all the information in a flyer, I'm sure.

Wasn't there an option last year to just buy the ticket for the patio party for the people that already had a ticket to the game? I might have that situation this year if the day is 5/22.

TornLabrum
01-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Wasn't there an option last year to just buy the ticket for the patio party for the people that already had a ticket to the game? I might have that situation this year if the day is 5/22.

You are correct, sir.

Young Gun
01-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Kurt just sent me an e-mail. It might be posted already, not sure.

Greetings Gentlemen –

Due to the smashing success of our first Core of the Core Night last year, we are in the early planning phases for Core of the Core Night ’06. I have been working w/ Hal Vickery from WSI on establishing a date and wanted to make sure all members from SoxTalk.com as well as SouthSiders.net are included as part of the outing. At this point the date we have selected for the event is May 22 – the return of Frank Thomas. I was also able to secure a price break for the outing at $44/ticket which will include a pre-game Patio party ticket as well as a Lower Res’d. seat. At this point none of the logistics are in place to take ticket orders yet, but I wanted to make sure you were all made aware of the date and could pass the info along to your appropriate websites. I have attached last year’s flyer as a point of reference.

Hope all’s well and contact me w/ any questions/concerns/ideas on how to make the ’06 event even better than ‘05. I will be in touch.

Kurt

MarySwiss
01-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Kurt just sent me an e-mail. It might be posted already, not sure.

Greetings Gentlemen –

Due to the smashing success of our first Core of the Core Night last year, we are in the early planning phases for Core of the Core Night ’06. I have been working w/ Hal Vickery from WSI on establishing a date and wanted to make sure all members from SoxTalk.com as well as SouthSiders.net are included as part of the outing. At this point the date we have selected for the event is May 22 – the return of Frank Thomas. I was also able to secure a price break for the outing at $44/ticket which will include a pre-game Patio party ticket as well as a Lower Res’d. seat. At this point none of the logistics are in place to take ticket orders yet, but I wanted to make sure you were all made aware of the date and could pass the info along to your appropriate websites. I have attached last year’s flyer as a point of reference.

Hope all’s well and contact me w/ any questions/concerns/ideas on how to make the ’06 event even better than ‘05. I will be in touch.

Kurt

Sounds good!

DumpJerry
01-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Looks like I'll be unloading my regular seats that night to sit with my brethren!

TornLabrum
01-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks to Young Gun for posting Kurt's email to us. I'll add something to this from an email Kurt sent me earlier in the day. (I finally just got to my home computer to check my email.) Kurt will eventually make up a flyer like we had last year. Right now, as he pointed out in the email above, this is for informational purposes only.

He informed me that he is initially holding 300 seats and patio tickets for the three web sites combined.

As for a second party, we might not be able to get the same price break, but he hasn't ruled out the possibility as yet.

I love the idea of the return of Frank Thomas as being our date. Now all we can do is hope he plays (and goes 0-5).

itsnotrequired
01-30-2006, 09:37 PM
I love the idea of the return of Frank Thomas as being our date. Now all we can do is hope he plays (and goes 0-5).

Eh, let's say 2-5: Two meaningless solo shots in a 8-2 White Sox return-of-Frank-Thomas winner.:wink:

Joosh
01-30-2006, 09:41 PM
I hope this wont be limited to the adult members of WSI, since I am 16 and would love to take part in this years festivities. :smile:

chisoxfanatic
01-30-2006, 09:42 PM
I hope this wont be limited to the adult members of WSI, since I am 16 and would love to take part in this years festivities. :smile:

It wasn't last year, so I don't see any reason it would be restricted to the 21+ crowd this year.

TornLabrum
01-30-2006, 09:45 PM
They have soft drinks for the under-21 group members and non-drinkers.

itsnotrequired
01-30-2006, 09:47 PM
It wasn't last year, so I don't see any reason it would be restricted to the 21+ crowd this year.

No minors. Its the price of success!:redneck

I'm sure it will be all-ages. Someone needs to drink all that soda! Besides, I plan on bringing my 6-month old along.

chisoxfanatic
01-30-2006, 10:09 PM
They have soft drinks for the under-21 group members and non-drinkers.

I wish they had more than beer and wine for us 21+ group members. It would be awesome if they had stuff like cranberry vodka and wiskey/coke.

gobears1987
01-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Eh, let's say 2-5: Two meaningless solo shots in a 8-2 White Sox return-of-Frank-Thomas winner.:wink:I agree there. I want to see him hit some meaningless bombs in a White Sox winner.

chisoxmike
01-30-2006, 10:23 PM
I wish they had more than beer and wine for us 21+ group members. It would be awesome if they had stuff like cranberry vodka and wiskey/coke.

I dont think we needed anymore booze that night.:redneck

whitesoxwilkes
01-30-2006, 10:26 PM

It's a baseball game, for cryin' out loud!

:bandance::gulp:

chisoxfanatic
01-30-2006, 10:29 PM
I dont think Chips needs anymore booze that night.:redneck

This has now been fully corrected. :cool:

chisoxmike
01-30-2006, 10:32 PM
This has now been fully corrected. :cool:

Should've seen us at SoxFest...:redneck :gulp:

ChiSoxGirl
01-30-2006, 10:53 PM
Should've seen us at SoxFest...:redneck :gulp:

:hawk
SoxFest... MERCY! :gulp:

steff
01-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Why would we ban Chisoxfanatic from the festivities? She was referring to Hangar18.

She ditched the Christmas party and Soxfest. And.. it was a joke.

steff
01-31-2006, 01:06 PM

Fall backwards on a stick Heather...? :wink:

Jerko
01-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Chick fight!!!!!!!

soxfan13
01-31-2006, 02:10 PM
Would definately like to attend the core of the core

Iwritecode
01-31-2006, 03:19 PM
I just realized this is the day after the Cubs/Sox series which I have tickets for on Sunday. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to two games in a row like that. We couldn't even stay overnight because the kids have school on Monday.

Put me down as a maybe...

MarySwiss
01-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Thanks to Young Gun for posting Kurt's email to us. I'll add something to this from an email Kurt sent me earlier in the day. (I finally just got to my home computer to check my email.) Kurt will eventually make up a flyer like we had last year. Right now, as he pointed out in the email above, this is for informational purposes only.

He informed me that he is initially holding 300 seats and patio tickets for the three web sites combined.

As for a second party, we might not be able to get the same price break, but he hasn't ruled out the possibility as yet.

So Hal, does this mean that Monday, 5/22 is set in stone? If so, I can start pricing airfares. :bandance:

miker
01-31-2006, 04:24 PM
How did last year go? No one had to be moved to the Roadhouse, did they?

If someone started talking about something not related to the game, did everybody yell "Dude, What's the Score?!?!"

If somebody started a conversation and the person in front of them didn't approve, did that person turn around and hold up a life-sized poster of Gary Coleman with the text "Who Cares?"

TornLabrum
01-31-2006, 04:27 PM
So Hal, does this mean that Monday, 5/22 is set in stone? If so, I can start pricing airfares. :bandance:

Yes.

MarySwiss
01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Yes.

Outstanding! Thanks!

Realist
01-31-2006, 04:34 PM
It's a baseball game, for cryin' out loud!

:bandance::gulp:

Exactly! That's why I'm bringing cigars!

Crede_Fan
01-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Do we just say that we want to go now? Or do we wait for the official flyer?

Either way mark me as a yes!

hawkeyesox17
01-31-2006, 06:25 PM
I didn't see if anybody asked this yet, or if it is a stupid question, but could I buy a ticket for me and a friend who is not on WSI?

DumpJerry
01-31-2006, 06:59 PM
Soxfest was a joke?

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 07:03 PM

hey, thats a Good Point. She Missed the Xmas party AND SoxFest.
Excuses excuses heather!

chisoxfanatic
01-31-2006, 07:13 PM
hey, thats a Good Point. She Missed the Xmas party AND SoxFest.
Excuses excuses heather!

Look who's talking, Henry (and steff, lighten up)!

I only missed the X-Mas party because I had a painful throat infection. I teach kids for a living...I tend to have a greater possibility of not feeling as good than the rest of you who aren't either teachers or doctors! And I even called ChiSoxGirl to tell her about it! I also told you guys over a week in advance about the Soxfest thing.

Meanwhile, YOU promised to be at our last gathering with the trophy before heading to your little gig and did not even tell one of us you weren't coming. The event before, you were severely tardy, as you said you'd be there at the start of the party, but I called you 3 1/2 hours into the party to find out you were at the Blackhawks' game instead! ChiSoxGirl and I were ready to write detentions for you.

There's a major difference between excused absences and completely blowing something off.

DumpJerry
01-31-2006, 07:19 PM

I only missed the X-Mas party because I had a painful throat infection. I teach kids for a living...I tend to have a greater possibility of not feeling as good than the rest of you who aren't either teachers or doctors! And I even called ChiSoxGirl to tell her about it! I also told you guys over a week in advance about the Soxfest thing.

Meanwhile, YOU promised to be at our last gathering with the trophy before heading to your little gig and did not even tell one of us you weren't coming. The event before, you were severely tardy, as you said you'd be there at the start of the party, but I called you 3 1/2 hours into the party to find out you were at the Blackhawks' game instead! ChiSoxGirl and I were ready to write detentions for you.

There's a major difference between excused absences and completely blowing something off.
..............and she told Steff to lighten up?:rolleyes::tongue:

TornLabrum
01-31-2006, 09:39 PM
I didn't see if anybody asked this yet, or if it is a stupid question, but could I buy a ticket for me and a friend who is not on WSI?

Sure. In fact we had a whole group there from Joliet Junior College last year, guests of my son who was my guest.

steff
01-31-2006, 09:51 PM

I'm light.. and I said, it was a JOKE. Get that stick out of your ass and learn to take one. :wink: I don't recall someone getting all pissy because you didn't invite them to your little after the series party...

Fenway
01-31-2006, 09:59 PM
count me in I'll be the guy wearing a Sox hat :tongue:

[/URL]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:_ITev94izqQxvM:www.footballfanatics.c om/images/products/NweSOXlockerroomhat-s.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fanzz.com/ProductImages/45333.gif&imgrefurl=http://mega-mall.jdwebpages.com/sports-merchandise/index.php&h=202&w=300&sz=34&tbnid=yRuvhBfYZ_4VuM:&tbnh=74&tbnw=111&hl=en&ei=OzXgQ9v4BcmMafLn7Y0E&sig2=t3AsKlJqN0WfrWfDYGVRRA&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwhite%2Bsox%2Bhat%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3 Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG)http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:nS_jbMlz6iNeEM:mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2357281nm.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2357281nm.jpg&imgrefurl=http://shop.mlb.com/sm-white-sox--ci-2140637_cp-2126158.html&h=176&w=176&sz=6&tbnid=nS_jbMlz6iNeEM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=95&hl=en&ei=ADbgQ-qzJ6WkaevmgZEE&sig2=N5zmVNXGWVt04exeJRaIPg&start=8&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwhite%2Bsox%2Bworld%2Bseries%2Bhat%26 svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D)[URL="http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.seatseek.com/images/boston_red_sox_hat175.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.seatseek.com/BT_Boston_Red_Sox.php&h=175&w=214&sz=7&tbnid=_T1H6krgNzrEDM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=101&hl=en&ei=aDXgQ4eVDb2IaMfL3JUE&sig2=edXJUi8aYjUX_ImUlpqJyw&start=5&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dred%2Bsox%2Bhat%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3De n%26lr%3D"] (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cheapbats.com/images/bsxgm.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cheapbats.com/product_info.php%3Fname%3DBoston%2520Red%2520Sox%2 520Game%2520Hat%26products_id%3D179&h=162&w=200&sz=5&tbnid=MrOsd4OdFU0LFM:&tbnh=80&tbnw=99&hl=en&ei=ijXgQ4ihK5mwaq___JYE&sig2=fzQ9qqp1xO94fCb7WDd-tQ&start=24&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dred%2Bsox%2Bhat%26start%3D20%26svnum% 3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN)

IggyD
01-31-2006, 10:44 PM
I would like to go again, but I would think maybe have it as a game that is not already part of one of the 2 27 game plans. That way, those with a plan get an extra game in there. :smile:

Yeah..I'm in for an extra game with WSI

hawkeyesox17
01-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Sure. In fact we had a whole group there from Joliet Junior College last year, guests of my son who was my guest.

Ok, thank you, count me in plus 1 or 2

Chi-Town Soxcess
01-31-2006, 11:10 PM
BTW...how do we get the flyer?

TornLabrum
01-31-2006, 11:17 PM
BTW...how do we get the flyer?

Last year one of our colleagues from SoxTalk put it up on a web site for people to copy. I'm sure we'll work something out like that again.

TheKittle
02-01-2006, 04:03 AM
Hey this may actually work for me. I'm not going to the Final Four this year so I got some money left over. I got tons of days off, so I'll start feeling sick that Wed and take Thur, Fri and Mon off. :)

But I hope we don't have to set up a boxing ring for a couple people to settle a silly fight.

Jerko
02-01-2006, 11:14 AM
I might be able to do this this year. I'd love to be there for the Hurt's return (and to finally meet some WSIers). I just have to ask my buddies if they have tix yet (they all upgraded to full season and I don't know if that's one of "my games" yet.) I'll just have to stay away from all the teachers in the crowd though; teachers have always scared me. :o:

robiwho
02-01-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm definitely up for it. I bought tickets last year and then I couldn't go because it was parent night at my son's school. I hate when responsibilities get in the way of baseball! I gave my tickets to my dad and brother, who had a great time.

I'll be there this year!

Hangar18
02-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Count Me In ............
oh ....and Plus 4!

chisoxfanatic
02-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Count Me In ............
oh ....and Plus 4!

Will the trophy make its appearance in the Patio?

Hoffdaddydmb
02-01-2006, 07:16 PM
I couldn't make it last year but I'm definately in this year!

Deuce
02-02-2006, 07:05 AM
I'm light.. and I said, it was a JOKE. Get that stick out of your ass and learn to take one. :wink: I don't recall someone getting all pissy because you didn't invite them to your little after the series party...:gascan
I have twenty and a Karate Kid promo T-shirt featuring Ralph Macchio on Steff in five. Don't let me down, gal!

steff
02-02-2006, 08:58 AM
:gascan
I have twenty and a Karate Kid promo T-shirt featuring Ralph Macchio on Steff in five. Don't let me down, gal!

LMAO... I would never. :wink:

Honestly, Jim and I are cool about it. We realize sometimes we are just too big for the average guest list. :D:

MinnySoxFan
02-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Since I live in the state of Minnesota, I'm looking foward to going to this COTC event...but then again, this is going to be my 1st time going to it.

Tekijawa
02-02-2006, 01:50 PM
May 22nd! I'm in... debating on weather or not that the 23rd should be taken off work ahead of time?!?!!?

Domeshot17
02-02-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm definitely up for it. I bought tickets last year and then I couldn't go because it was parent night at my son's school. I hate when responsibilities get in the way of baseball! I gave my tickets to my dad and brother, who had a great time.

I'll be there this year!

RobiWho-Dumb Question just see you are from Riverside. Does your son goto Hauser, St Marys or a Diff School. Just Curious cuz Im a St. Marys alumn and My sis goes to St Marys, so I know how brutal their Parent Nights can be.

thepaulbowski
02-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Damn, our baby is due on the 19th... Maybe next year, oh well.

chisoxmike
02-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Count me in! Maybe I'll bring a guest to the festivites too, to have them see that there are more crazed Sox fans like me in the world. (I'll tell them to take the next day off of work though :D: )

chisoxfanatic
02-02-2006, 04:02 PM
The question is, will Hangar have a "special guest" THIS time???

Panpan21
02-02-2006, 04:37 PM

Either way, my interest is piqued.

Weekends would be great for us out of towners too!!

pythons007
02-02-2006, 04:51 PM
So have we have any details? I haven't been paying attention to this thread since page 2. My bad, but it has nothing to do with me wanting to go. I'm definately in and looking forward to it!!!:D:

chisoxfanatic
02-02-2006, 04:53 PM
So have we have any details? I haven't been paying attention to this thread since page 2. My bad, but it has nothing to do with me wanting to go. I'm definately in and looking forward to it!!!:D:

Not yet. Hal or someone will post the flyer here when it's ready. Brooks hasn't even decided on when the event will take place yet.

TornLabrum
02-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Not yet. Hal or someone will post the flyer here when it's ready. Brooks hasn't even decided on when the event will take place yet.

Actually Kurt and I have chosen the May 22 date. What we're not sure of is if/when there will be a second one.

chisoxfanatic
02-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Actually Kurt and I have chosen the May 22 date. What we're not sure of is if/when there will be a second one.

Is that Kurt H? If so, then what department is he working for now? He used to be my ticket rep; but, my account has been transfered to Chris S, and I don't like him (I rarely get any correspondence from him).

Hangar18
02-02-2006, 05:03 PM

Of course there should be a 2nd one. Having one on a FRIDAY would be great for those who cant come on a weekday.
Fri 7/7 Boston
Fri 7/21 Texas
Fri 8/11 Detroit
Fri 8/25 Minnesota

chisoxfanatic
02-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Of course there should be a 2nd one. Having one on a FRIDAY would be great for those who cant come on a weekday.
Fri 7/7 Boston
Fri 7/21 Texas
Fri 8/11 Detroit
Fri 8/25 Minnesota

You can throw out the one against Boston, because there's no way a group outing of our size can be alotted for that game. The one against Texas most likely would be the easiest out of those four to plan this for.

steff
02-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Fri 7/7 Boston
Fri 7/21 Texas
Fri 8/11 Detroit
Fri 8/25 Minnesota

Did you miss the part where he said no to July and August dates...? :tongue:

dickallen15
02-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Is that Kurt H? If so, then what department is he working for now? He used to be my ticket rep; but, my account has been transfered to Chris S, and I don't like him (I rarely get any correspondence from him).
Join the club, although I finally read him the riot act, and he got a little better.

pearso66
02-02-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm definitally in if its the 22nd. Just let me know when I have to sign up.

steff
02-02-2006, 08:23 PM

Stavros is the WORST at responding to emails and phone calls.

itsnotrequired
02-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Stavros is the WORST at responding to emails and phone calls.

I got assigned to him at first. After about two weeks, I realized he wasn't for me. I have Tom now and he has been great!:bandance:

chisoxfanatic
02-02-2006, 09:52 PM
I got assigned to him at first. After about two weeks, I realized he wasn't for me. I have Tom now and he has been great!:bandance:

Did you just call the head ticket rep person and have a "switcheroo" with regards to your ticket rep? I REALLY don't wanna have to dance on my head to get anything from Chris if I don't have to! I'm surprised he even has a job still!

The Wall
02-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Someone over at ST quoted your conversation with Kurt and mentioned ticket price to be $44 and even posted a pdf for order form... :o:

koch44
02-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Someone over at ST quoted your conversation with Kurt and mentioned ticket price to be $44 and even posted a pdf for order form... :o:

They posted last years order form as an example.

itsnotrequired
02-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Did you just call the head ticket rep person and have a "switcheroo" with regards to your ticket rep? I REALLY don't wanna have to dance on my head to get anything from Chris if I don't have to! I'm surprised he even has a job still!
I'm kind of a big deal around here.:D:

Actually, my first invoice showed up and I had the wrong seats. I frantically tried to get a hold of Chris and had no luck. I finally got through to Tom and he corrected the seats. Ever since then, I've dealt with Tom. Not sure exactly how they "transfered" my account but hey, ignorance is bliss...

DumpJerry
02-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Kurt is in group sales. He was in group sales last year, too. It's just that there was for some unexplained reason, a mad crush for season ticket sales in October and November, he along with the rest of the sales staff, pressed into duty for individual sales. That is how you were working with him initially.

DumpJerry
02-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Did you miss the part where he said no to July and August dates...? :tongue:
He didn't miss anything. The word is that it would be difficult to get dates from June-Sept., but it was not ruled out.

You can forget the Boston game. I bought 50 tickets to the Saturday Boston game and the best I got were three different in two adjoining sections in the UD. I was near the top of the wait list for group sales to the game, so I doubt they have 300 seats together.

Also, I figure that they would want to sell us a game that is not a major attraction (like the Royals last year) to ensure ticket sales that would not otherwise occur.
</IMG>

SouthSide_HitMen
02-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Throwing out a suggestion for either the Detroit (Aug 11 - 13) or Cleveland (Sep 8-10) for the second game (August would be better for the college kids but Torn said June - August would be tough) for people who can't make it during the week.

For weeknights, Minnesota (July 24-26), Kansas City (Aug 14-17) and Tampa (Aug 29 - 31) might be the best hope for non weekend summer dates.

The White Sox are only in town for a week & 1/2 in September so there are not many options (Cleve, Det & Seat).

Hopefully we can get a package either against KC (Aug 14-17) or Detroit (Aug 11-13) so people from out of town / off for the summer can make it.

Thanks again for putting this together.

maurice
02-03-2006, 12:18 PM
The Sox may be the only private employer that keeps an employee who consistently refuses to return customer calls / e-mails. Other reps are much better. Then again, JR never was known for consistently excellent customer service.
:tsk:

Jerko
02-03-2006, 12:21 PM
I emailed my rep about a month ago asking what the rules were for the Stadium Club (if I could renew as a split-season holder). He responded the day after I sent in my application and payment. :rolleyes: I know they have been extra busy this off season, but how hard is it to answer an email in less than a month's time?

IlliniSox4Life
02-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Any chance of BOTH trophies being at CotC?

IggyD
02-03-2006, 11:32 PM
I thought that those who did not attend would like to see the flyer from last year. Looks like the meet will be at the same time 5:00 for May 22nd.

2005 Core of Core .Pdf (http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/32312/core.pdf)

Young Gun
02-05-2006, 01:07 AM
So far, we are going to have about 15 South Siders there as of right now. Last year I don't even know if any of the members went because the forum was not even a few months old. Brooks says the payment form will be available soon.

MinnySoxFan
02-05-2006, 09:36 AM
So far, we are going to have about 15 South Siders there as of right now. Last year I don't even know if any of the members went because the forum was not even a few months old. Brooks says the payment form will be available soon.

good. im pysched as ever to go this year

areilly
02-05-2006, 11:37 AM
It's about 20 minutes from my house to Sox park...I'm there.

Totally there.

Cuck the Fubs
02-05-2006, 11:45 PM
I'd love to attend this, count me in for sure!

kevingrt
02-06-2006, 01:32 AM
I'll do it just can't be during school.

SoxSideIrish
02-07-2006, 10:39 AM
I'd love to go, just tell me how much and what time to be there! It'll be nice to put some faces with the names on here, 'cause I don't have a clue who any of you nuts are. Can there be nametags?

And it's the 22nd for sure? Im gonna be tired after harassing The Other Chicago Team the night before.

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Any chance of BOTH trophies being at CotC?

We'll see. I hate having to keep an eye on it constantly. I need to have one of those Sox Security guys watching mine also. Can someone get Brooks on the line please?

DumpJerry
02-07-2006, 02:11 PM
And it's the 22nd for sure? Im gonna be tired after harassing The Other Chicago Team the night before.
What other Chicago team? Kane County Cougars? Why harass them?

IggyD
02-08-2006, 01:20 PM
If the price of CotC is in the $40 to $50 range with ticket, that is excellent. Got the group prices today....see below.
Patio Parties: Open 1 1/2 hours before the game and 1/2 hour into the game. Enjoy unlimited beer, wine, and soda, along with the Bertucci's delicious menu. The cost is just $40 for adults ($30 on all Wednesdays except NYY and STL) and $20 for children/seniors. Game tickets are 1/2 price for patio groups of 20 to 1,200.
Warning Track Parties: All the benefits of a Patio Party, but you get to stay in the Warning Track area for the whole game for just $77 per person. Available for a minimum of 50 guests.(wonder if this includes food and drink for the entire game?)

soxstarter
02-11-2006, 10:07 AM
I would be in for a weekend game or one with discounts for kids. (I am raising little White Sox fans)

Taliesinrk
02-12-2006, 05:09 PM
ok.. so a little help. i wanted to go last year but couldn't because of school. It was $44 last year total??? or was that w/o ticket?

Please correct me if this is wrong. You buy a patio ticket for the party, but also have to purchase a lower reserve ticket (which is half-off)? Will there be enough tickets for all of us to purchase? And lastly, the form hasn't been posted yet?
Thanks!! What a great day to plan it for as well... nice work, and I hope to be able to finally meet everyone there.

TornLabrum
02-12-2006, 07:33 PM
ok.. so a little help. i wanted to go last year but couldn't because of school. It was $44 last year total??? or was that w/o ticket?

Please correct me if this is wrong. You buy a patio ticket for the party, but also have to purchase a lower reserve ticket (which is half-off)? Will there be enough tickets for all of us to purchase? And lastly, the form hasn't been posted yet?
Thanks!! What a great day to plan it for as well... nice work, and I hope to be able to finally meet everyone there.

1) The price is $44 for both the patio ticket and the seat.
2) There are 300 tickets available. We had just over 200 last year including SoxTalk people and others.
3) The form hasn't been posted yet. I haven't heard from Kurt since our initial exchange of emails.

pearso66
02-12-2006, 08:51 PM
2) There are 300 tickets available. We had just over 200 last year including SoxTalk people and others.
3) The form hasn't been posted yet. I haven't heard from Kurt since our initial exchange of emails.

Will that be posted here when it becomes available? or will you be PMing people who show interest? just wondering, I'd hate to miss the opportunity.

chisoxmike
02-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Will that be posted here when it becomes available? or will you be PMing people who show interest? just wondering, I'd hate to miss the opportunity.

Last year the form was posted in the Sox Clubhouse in PDF format. You had to print the form out and sent it in yourself. There was also a deadline to hand the form in.

chisoxfanatic
02-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Hal,

Has Brooks given you any ideas of when a possible second COTC event would be?

TornLabrum
02-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Hal,

Actually we're working with Kurt. We haven't discussed a second date as yet.

chisoxmike
02-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Hal,

Game 1 2006 World Series

chisoxfanatic
02-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Game 1 2006 World Series

I'll meet you under the Fundamentals deck with the trophy after heading up to the Pilsen neighborhood that afternoon! :cool:

spiffie
02-14-2006, 12:44 PM
I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but will there be a patio option for folks who have pre-bought tickets to the 5/22 game? I grabbed tix this morning, completely forgetting that CotC was that day. I'd still love to come and say hello to everyone at the patio party.

chisoxfanatic
02-14-2006, 04:08 PM
I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but will there be a patio option for folks who have pre-bought tickets to the 5/22 game? I grabbed tix this morning, completely forgetting that CotC was that day. I'd still love to come and say hello to everyone at the patio party.

Always. The Patio, game ticket, and parking options are seperate from one another, so you have the options of what you need for the COTC event.

Tekijawa
02-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Are there any "Grandfathered" Rules for those of us that went last year? My Friends, Brothers and I are very excited about attending again this year!

Taliesinrk
02-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Always. The Patio, game ticket, and parking options are seperate from one another, so you have the options of what you need for the COTC event.

how much is the patio alone?

chisoxfanatic
02-14-2006, 05:37 PM
Are there any "Grandfathered" Rules for those of us that went last year? My Friends, Brothers and I are very excited about attending again this year!

What do you mean by this? Are you asking if those who purchased COTC seats last year will get the first crack at these seats? If that's the case, the answer is NO! They come on a first-come-first-serve basis.

One question, Hal...Did they take into account the block of seats they'll alot for this event BEFORE they put the tickets out on pre-sale to us Season Ticket holders?

chisoxfanatic
02-14-2006, 05:37 PM
how much is the patio alone?

Last year, it was $28. I've heard it's gonna be more this year, however.

NonetheLoaiza
02-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Not sure if it matters anymore, but I am in, plus a couple guests.

TornLabrum
02-14-2006, 11:30 PM
What do you mean by this? Are you asking if those who purchased COTC seats last year will get the first crack at these seats? If that's the case, the answer is NO! They come on a first-come-first-serve basis.

One question, Hal...Did they take into account the block of seats they'll alot for this event BEFORE they put the tickets out on pre-sale to us Season Ticket holders?

That section is reserved for patio parties until whatever deadline passes for the date of the party. Then they go on sale to the general public.

IggyD
02-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Last year, it was $28. I've heard it's gonna be more this year, however.

look at my post a few back...I gave this years prices

Kuzman
02-15-2006, 10:17 AM
:(: I have tickets for that game in the upper level. Don't know if I would be able to make it just to say hi.

Taliesinrk
02-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Alright.. I'm looking for suggestions here.. I'm definately going to go to COTC, but I don't know whether or not to buy a ticket today or not.. it'd be fun to sit with everyone else, but I'm not sure whether or not everyone who wants to go will be able to. Perhaps the mods (or anyone who knows) could help me out on this one and advise me whether to pick up a ticket today or not..

What I want to avoid is passing on the ticket today, then trying to sign up for COTC and there not be enough room for myself to go...

Madvora
02-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Alright.. I'm looking for suggestions here.. I'm definately going to go to COTC, but I don't know whether or not to buy a ticket today or not.. it'd be fun to sit with everyone else, but I'm not sure whether or not everyone who wants to go will be able to. Perhaps the mods (or anyone who knows) could help me out on this one and advise me whether to pick up a ticket today or not..

What I want to avoid is passing on the ticket today, then trying to sign up for COTC and there not be enough room for myself to go...
There will definitely be enough room for you. Just make sure you fill out the application when it comes out and return it before the due date.

Taliesinrk
02-15-2006, 01:19 PM
There will definitely be enough room for you. Just make sure you fill out the application when it comes out and return it before the due date.

and on that note.. when could we expect the application to come out?

Madvora
02-15-2006, 01:33 PM
and on that note.. when could we expect the application to come out?
Well TornLabrum is talking to Kurt Hasenbalg from the Sox. They both organized the thing last year.
We'll definitely know when the application comes out. It will be posted in a seperate thread and stuck in the Sox Clubhouse. You won't be able to miss it.

Ol' No. 2
02-15-2006, 04:25 PM
3) The form hasn't been posted yet. I haven't heard from Kurt since our initial exchange of emails.Any thoughts on what to do if there's more than 300 people who want them? First come, first served? Priority to members?

MarySwiss
02-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Any thoughts on what to do if there's more than 300 people who want them? First come, first served? Priority to members?

I think the first priority has to go to anyone who has already purchased a damn plane ticket from Arizona.

Seriously, I really think this could be a problem, having witnessed the increased demand out here for Spring Training. And I'm not sure the priority to members thing would work. What if some people join just to get tickets to the party? That's not something that could be easily proven. Maybe a limit on how many tickets each person can order?

Ol' No. 2
02-15-2006, 04:52 PM
I think the first priority has to go to anyone who has already purchased a damn plane ticket from Arizona.

Seriously, I really think this could be a problem, having witnessed the increased demand out here for Spring Training. And I'm not sure the priority to members thing would work. What if some people join just to get tickets to the party? That's not something that could be easily proven. Maybe a limit on how many tickets each person can order?I think it should go by number of posts. :whistle:

MarySwiss
02-15-2006, 05:07 PM
I think it should go by number of posts. :whistle:

Well, I could get behind that. Don't forget; I work at home, so stuffing the ballot box is nothing for me. :D:

But here's another thought: I've never been to a patio party at the Cell, but I went to a bunch of them--even organized a few--at Old Comiskey. I could be wrong, but I believe they used to offer you the option of either going to your seat or staying in the patio area. So just suppose for a minute that they did get more requests than they have tickets available. Maybe they'd consider letting the folks who don't get tickets just stay in the patio area for the whole game, assuming the field is visible from there? That wouldn't bother me one damn bit; to me, the important part is getting together with a bunch of friends (none of whom I've ever met, unless some of the Arizona WSI'ers make it there!) for a good time and a good Sox game.

BTW, my favorite patio party involved, of all things, a group of Northwest Side Sox fans. We had a rented bus with a keg on it for the trip up and back. Very nice! :gulp:

Ol' No. 2
02-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Well, I could get behind that. Don't forget; I work at home, so stuffing the ballot box is nothing for me. :D: I don't think the mods would be in favor of this method. Imagine dozens of members making hundreds of pointless posts a day to up their post count. :o:
But here's another thought: I've never been to a patio party at the Cell, but I went to a bunch of them--even organized a few--at Old Comiskey. I could be wrong, but I believe they used to offer you the option of either going to your seat or staying in the patio area. So just suppose for a minute that they did get more requests than they have tickets available. Maybe they'd consider letting the folks who don't get tickets just stay in the patio area for the whole game, assuming the field is visible from there? That wouldn't bother me one damn bit; to me, the important part is getting together with a bunch of friends (none of whom I've ever met, unless some of the Arizona WSI'ers make it there!) for a good time and a good Sox game.

BTW, my favorite patio party involved, of all things, a group of Northwest Side Sox fans. We had a rented bus with a keg on it for the trip up and back. Very nice! :gulp:I believe the buffet closes 30 min after the game starts and you have to go to your seat. I'm sure they also have a limit to how many people they can accomodate at the buffet.

I once went to a Bulls game on a bus like that. I vaguely remember the game.:redface:

MarySwiss
02-15-2006, 05:26 PM
I don't think the mods would be in favor of this method. Imagine dozens of members making hundreds of pointless posts a day to up their post count. :o:

Well, you started it!

I believe the buffet closes 30 min after the game starts and you have to go to your seat. I'm sure they also have a limit to how many people they can accomodate at the buffet.

I once went to a Bulls game on a bus like that. I vaguely remember the game.:redface:

Exactly. As for how many they could accommodate, well sure, if you're talking about 500 extra folks. But a facility that routinely caters for thousands a night could handle a hundred or so more, I'm sure. But they DO make you go to your seat? I don't remember that being the case at the old park.

Oh, well. Let's not worry unduly. I just want to go on record as stating that I WILL :angry: get tickets for this thing. I hope this won't require mayhem, but if it does....

IlliniSox4Life
02-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, you started it!

Exactly. As for how many they could accommodate, well sure, if you're talking about 500 extra folks. But a facility that routinely caters for thousands a night could handle a hundred or so more, I'm sure. But they DO make you go to your seat? I don't remember that being the case at the old park.

Oh, well. Let's not worry unduly. I just want to go on record as stating that I WILL :angry: get tickets for this thing. I hope this won't require mayhem, but if it does....

You are able to rent out the area and stay there the whole game, but that costs extra. I think something like $75-80 a person, and the whole party has to do it. Standard fare is for groups to have the pregame and go to their seat afterwards. Thats IIRC.

Ol' No. 2
02-15-2006, 05:58 PM
You are able to rent out the area and stay there the whole game, but that costs extra. I think something like $75-80 a person, and the whole party has to do it. Standard fare is for groups to have the pregame and go to their seat afterwards. Thats IIRC.It's been a while since I've been down there, but I don't remember it being that large. Maybe 300 is the most they can handle.

MarySwiss
02-15-2006, 06:14 PM
You are able to rent out the area and stay there the whole game, but that costs extra. I think something like $75-80 a person, and the whole party has to do it. Standard fare is for groups to have the pregame and go to their seat afterwards. Thats IIRC.

Okay, I think that's the Warning Track plan. As I said, I've never been to a patio party at the Cell, so maybe it's different now. At Old Comiskey, IIRC, they had several patio areas, and each afforded a view of the field. I don't know if that is still true.

BTW, everyone: I understand that there were only about 200 at last year's COTC, but this year is-if you'll pardon the expression--a whole new ballgame. :rolleyes:

Brian26
02-15-2006, 09:21 PM
I believe the buffet closes 30 min after the game starts and you have to go to your seat.

This is absolutely correct. They clear the place out 30 min after the game starts.

Kuzman
02-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Now what if we were just able to buy the tickets to come to the patio and hang out with you guys prior and then go back to the seats I had already purchased?

MinnySoxFan
02-16-2006, 08:40 AM
Now what if we were just able to buy the tickets to come to the patio and hang out with you guys prior and then go back to the seats I had already purchased?

I guess that will work

ewokpelts
02-22-2006, 04:13 PM
when do we get order forms?

Young Gun
02-22-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm still awaiting a response from Kurt. I would assume it would be soon.

Hangar18
02-23-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm still awaiting a response from Kurt. I would assume it would be soon.

Kurts been swamped lately .......... installing green seats

OzzieBall
02-24-2006, 01:42 PM
I'd love to try and make it out this year. Last year's was on a bad day, but I would make an effort to be out there with y'all

TornLabrum
02-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Got an email from Kurt today. The flyer should be out next week.

chisoxmike
02-24-2006, 10:52 PM

:supernana:

itsnotrequired
02-24-2006, 11:18 PM

Word...

MarySwiss
02-25-2006, 08:14 AM

Yay! :)

ChiSoxGirl
02-27-2006, 11:42 AM
All of this Frank Thomas drama could make his reception at Core of the Core II from us very interesting.

skottyj242
02-27-2006, 11:57 AM
All of this Frank Thomas drama could make his reception at Core of the Core II from us very interesting.

What do you mean from us? Didn't you get the memo? You're not invited.

ChiSoxGirl
02-27-2006, 11:59 AM
What do you mean from us? Didn't you get the memo? You're not invited.

Not the nicest way to speak to the girl who was the first one to back your Official Pre-Season Gathering idea last week! :cool: By the way, what's the status on that?

skottyj242
02-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Not the nicest way to speak to the girl who was the first one to back your Official Pre-Season Gathering idea last week! :cool: By the way, what's the status on that?

It was in teal. I have no idea what's going on with my "party," I think we should just piggy-back one of Henry's "trophy" parties. What do you think?

ChiSoxGirl
02-27-2006, 03:04 PM
It was in teal. I have no idea what's going on with my "party," I think we should just piggy-back one of Henry's "trophy" parties. What do you think?

I know it was in teal; no harm done.

As for your "party," resurrect the thread and see what kind of response it gets this week. Wasn't the tentative date this Friday? If so, maybe now that it's closer, people will consider it more seriously. I liked the Dugan's party at Christmas time- pretty central location for everyone, easy to get to, and parking isn't a disaster. Maybe establish Dugan's as the place for this one too, and see what happens.

By the way, I'm loving the Ron Kittle book you got me. :smile:

lizard6king6
02-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Waiting impatiently..... Would it just be WSI members and friends or whatever of them on the Patio before hand? I already see Patio Party tickets on ebay for 5/22? Kinda wierd. Nonetheless, cant wait!!

TornLabrum
02-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Waiting impatiently..... Would it just be WSI members and friends or whatever of them on the Patio before hand? I already see Patio Party tickets on ebay for 5/22? Kinda wierd. Nonetheless, cant wait!!

There are usually several parties going on at the same time. The patio area is pretty big.

Ol' No. 2
03-01-2006, 11:09 AM
There are usually several parties going on at the same time. The patio area is pretty big.Is there a possibility we could expand beyond 300? I see a good possibility that demand will greatly exceed last year.

chisoxfanatic
03-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Are the order forms coming out soon?

kevingrt
03-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Are the order forms coming out soon?

Somebody got antz in their pants.

chisoxfanatic
03-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Somebody got antz in their pants.

LOL! I am just looking forward to putting in my order form! That's all. :D:

cwsox
03-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Your friends at southsiders are looking forward to seeing their friends at wsi when we all attend the COTC - we respect your site and appreciate what wsi has meant and means ever as the consumate sox board