01-25-2006, 08:09 PM
safe to say this one will be seen all over Chicago

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4691/openingday0wy.jpg

and the All Star Game
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/6475/allstar1cl.jpg

http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/1035/allstar29vi.jpg

SOXintheBURGH
01-25-2006, 08:12 PM
That is essentially the view at PNC Park. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it. If yinz can make it out to one game this year, please do. It's unbelievable.

DSpivack
01-26-2006, 01:03 AM
those all-star game logos do like nice...but yeah, as said it probably is due to PNC

NSSoxFan
01-26-2006, 01:11 AM
Just lemme see the patch we'll be wearing come mid-October.

Erik The Red
01-26-2006, 05:01 AM
Just lemme see the patch we'll be wearing come mid-October.

Hangar18
01-26-2006, 09:00 AM
That is essentially the view at PNC Park. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it. If yinz can make it out to one game this year, please do. It's unbelievable.

Plans are in the works, I will be heading to Pittsburgh with a few of my friends ............. PNC does look nice. Too bad that team doesnt deserve a park like that.

SaltyPretzel
01-26-2006, 09:17 AM

Do you know when single game tickets go on sale for the Pirates?

ChiSoxGirl
01-26-2006, 09:22 AM
If yinz can make it out to one game this year, please do. It's unbelievable.

Since I'm a teacher and the Sox go to Pittsburgh during the week at the end of June, this is totally doable for me and I'm in the beginning stages of planning for it. I've never seen the Sox on the road (have always wanted to)and have never been to PNC (always wanted to go), so this is a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. Besides, tickets will be readily available, it's not a bad drive, airfare out there is cheap, and the flight short if I decide to bag the roadtrip idea. :cool:

StepsInSC
01-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Figures I take a job in Atlanta for this summer so after 1 year of going to meaningless Pirates games (it is baseball, afterall), I have to miss the one time the Sox come to town. Arg! :angry: Man I wish the games were on the weekend.

MeteorsSox4367
01-27-2006, 01:30 PM
PNC is just a beautiful ballpark. Walking over the river to the park on the Clemente Bridge is really cool. The whole city of Pittsburgh is worth checking out, especially what's left of Forbes Field on the Pitt campus.

Fenway
01-27-2006, 04:28 PM
PNC is just a beautiful ballpark. Walking over the river to the park on the Clemente Bridge is really cool. The whole city of Pittsburgh is worth checking out, especially what's left of Forbes Field on the Pitt campus.

last summer I was on an Amtrak train going thru Pittsburgh and the entire stadium complex with the skyline and river was stunning. Took my mind off the fact the train was already 7 hours late :?: (because we sat in Gary for 4 hours )

michned
01-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Someone gave one of my boys a coffee table book for Christmas (Ballparks: A Panoramic History, by Sandalow and Sutton). While looking through it I came upon the PNC Park photos and it just seemed like the most beautiful looking park and surrounding area I've ever seen, especially with the foot bridge across the Allegheny.

Since Christmas, I've been toying with the idea of going to see the Sox there this summer.

SOXintheBURGH
01-27-2006, 09:15 PM
last summer I was on an Amtrak train going thru Pittsburgh and the entire stadium complex with the skyline and river was stunning. Took my mind off the fact the train was already 7 hours late :?: (because we sat in Gary for 4 hours )

I can look at that every day.. It never gets boring.

By the way, to anyone who comes to visit, make sure you ride the incline (http://www.incline.cc/) up to Mt. Washington and take in the view of the Burgh, its truely special, especially at night.

AWhiteSoxWinner
01-31-2006, 01:45 AM
I can't wait to see the Sox at PNC. That stadium looks beautiful!