PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota tickets...

Scottiehaswheels
01-25-2006, 05:25 PM
How aggrevating is this? I called the Twins in regards to the 5 for 4 plan they are offering for next year.... I was told they aren't selling them until Friday when the individual games go on sale... What a crock! Why even post the availability to buy these plans way back in November/December if you don't even plan on selling them until late January?

MUsoxfan
01-25-2006, 05:59 PM
You plan on going to 5 Twins games? That's alot of driving from Highland, IN

Scottiehaswheels
01-25-2006, 06:05 PM
You plan on going to 5 Twins games? That's alot of driving from Highland, IN Actually I plan on buying 2 2seat plans.... Get 7 Sox games and 3 Cubs... then bend over the Cub fans for those games on Stubhub (although they like getting bent over, hmm maybe not a good idea) LOL Most likely fly to the Sox ones though... Get the final series of the regular season and the 4 game series in August.. Gonna try to get the tix for our games in Boston on Saturday if at all possible too, still have to get Cincy/Pittsburgh/KC tix but they won't go on sale until March

MUsoxfan
01-25-2006, 06:11 PM
still have to get Cincy/Pittsburgh/KC tix but they won't go on sale until March

Something tells me there won't be a mad rush on tickets for those games. But if you get the seats I want for that Pirates game I'll cut you!

Scottiehaswheels
01-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Something tells me there won't be a mad rush on tickets for those games. But if you get the seats I want for that Pirates game I'll cut you!

Ha I already talked to a Pirates ticket rep... sounds like tix for that series might be tough to come by.... With them hosting the AS game this year they had a big rush on season tix/ticket packs like our beloved team... I guess they have some area nearby the park where they allow people to legally scalp but you'll probably find better deals on stubhub... Course can't stubhub it a half hour before gametime either I suppose... I thought about buyin one of the 8 game packs they're offering but at most you can only get one of the Sox games in it... I'm prolly gonna be goin solo to Pittsburgh so I sincerely doubt you're gonna have to cut me for 1 ticket LOL

MUsoxfan
01-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Ha I already talked to a Pirates ticket rep... sounds like tix for that series might be tough to come by.... With them hosting the AS game this year they had a big rush on season tix/ticket packs like our beloved team... I guess they have some area nearby the park where they allow people to legally scalp but you'll probably find better deals on stubhub... Course can't stubhub it a half hour before gametime either I suppose... I thought about buyin one of the 8 game packs they're offering but at most you can only get one of the Sox games in it... I'm prolly gonna be goin solo to Pittsburgh so I sincerely doubt you're gonna have to cut me for 1 ticket LOL

The Pirates were really cool with me last year. A buddy and I flew into Pitt for a Monday game against the Reds and then flew out on Tuesday. It was raining and the Pirates cancelled the game 30 minutes after we bought the tickets and were in the park. Instead of making us exchange our tickets for a game later in the season, they gave us a full refund which they didn't have to do. I have dreams at night about the beauty of PNC Park

Scottiehaswheels
01-25-2006, 06:27 PM
The Pirates were really cool with me last year. A buddy and I flew into Pitt for a Monday game against the Reds and then flew out on Tuesday. It was raining and the Pirates cancelled the game 30 minutes after we bought the tickets and were in the park. Instead of making us exchange our tickets for a game later in the season, they gave us a full refund which they didn't have to do. I have dreams at night about the beauty of PNC Park

I've never been... I love interleague because it gives me an excuse to check out all the NL parks... Pretty nice park I take it? You're gonna go all the way to Pittsburgh for only 1 game in June though? Take a look at airfare on Southwest... Its only like $49 one way.... Luckily I have a nice credit with them for a cancelled flight so my airfare between Pitt/KC/Minny should be basically free next year. Course I could really use that money right now to pay off all my tix I've bought but hey... whatever works I guess

MUsoxfan
01-25-2006, 06:37 PM
You're gonna go all the way to Pittsburgh for only 1 game in June though? Take a look at airfare on Southwest... Its only like $49 one way....

I went all the way out there on a Monday in August for a game I didn't care about just to see that park because I couldn't wait any longer. I actually went out there for $29 each way, which was nice. And our hotel was 40 feet from the park. I hope I can get that hotel again in June

Scottiehaswheels
01-25-2006, 06:41 PM
I went all the way out there on a Monday in August for a game I didn't care about just to see that park because I couldn't wait any longer. I actually went out there for $29 each way, which was nice. And our hotel was 40 feet from the park. I hope I can get that hotel again in June

$29 each way? jeez... the tickets to a single game are more expensive LOL How much did that hotel run? Would be fun to book it full of Sox fans...

MUsoxfan
01-25-2006, 06:45 PM
$29 each way? jeez... the tickets to a single game are more expensive LOL How much did that hotel run? Would be fun to book it full of Sox fans...

Right now the rate for the Tuesday night of the series is $159. I think it's worth it. There's a bit of nightlife across the street. One's a Hi-Tops (yes, the same as in Wrigleyville), but they're far less snotty

Spring Hill Suites by Marriott
223 Federal Street
(412) 323-9005
Pirates Corporate Partner

Scottiehaswheels
01-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Right now the rate for the Tuesday night of the series is $159. I think it's worth it. There's a bit of nightlife across the street. One's a Hi-Tops (yes, the same as in Wrigleyville), but they're far less snotty

223 Federal Street
(412) 323-9005

Cool thanks for the info

maurice
01-25-2006, 07:15 PM
I don't see the Pirates selling out these games. They're during the week and one of them starts at 11:35 a.m.

I went to a Saturday game against the Cards, and the place was half-empty. It's hard to fill even a new stadium when your team really sucks for a long time.

MUsoxfan
01-25-2006, 07:19 PM
I went to a Saturday game against the Cards, and the place was half-empty.
It's hard to fill even a new stadium when your team really sucks for a long time.

He did have a good point about the All-Star game being there this year. Lots of people probably bought season tix or ticket packages to be able to go to the All-Star game. This doesn't mean that people will fill their seats during these games, but the World Champs right before the All-Star break is probably a draw

SOXintheBURGH
01-25-2006, 07:56 PM

223 Federal Street
(412) 323-9005

Next time you come to Pittsburgh, drop me a line. I can provide you with maximum entertainment far superior to the spots near the ballparks. :gulp: That goes for all of yinz.

maurice
01-25-2006, 08:58 PM
the World Champs right before the All-Star break is probably a draw

Not nearly enough of a draw to sell out a weekday series, IMO.

MUsoxfan
01-25-2006, 09:01 PM

Probably not, but I don't think 30,000 would be out of the question

Scottiehaswheels
01-25-2006, 09:08 PM

True... I just checked their daily attendance figures from last year.... Tampa Bay drew them an average of 27,000 per game though.... that was a weekend series however... Their other interleague game series vs. Baltimore drew 15k(monday), 21k(tuesday), and then for some reason 37k on the final game on a wednesday.... Our series vs them this year is Tues-Thurs so I dunno if I should take my cue from the Baltimore or TB series.... probably somewhere in between I'd expect...

Scottiehaswheels
01-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Next time you come to Pittsburgh, drop me a line. I can provide you with maximum entertainment far superior to the spots near the ballparks. :gulp: That goes for all of yinz.

The Wednesday game is also Ladies night.... I think I can find my own entertainment that night.... LOL

soxwon
01-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Cool thanks for the info

$159 a night ridiculous
there has to be other hotels for much less near the park.

Scottiehaswheels
01-25-2006, 11:23 PM
$159 a night ridiculous

Thats actually about the average for all the road trips I go on... my prospective road trip hotel bill next year is about the cost of my season tix.... :o: and thats only like 7 road trips....

MUsoxfan
01-25-2006, 11:48 PM
$159 a night ridiculous

There probably are. $159 split 3-4 ways isn't bad. The rooms are really really nice as well. I'd rather stay somewhere nice than a rathole

Scottiehaswheels
01-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Just FYI for anyone interested.... Just got off the phone with the Minnesota ticket office.... I got great seats for 8 Sox games via that 5 for 4 plan...... just next to our dugout about 15 rows up... get em while they're hot