PDA

View Full Version : Question about Sox fest

WCCMIKE
01-25-2006, 03:04 PM
I was wondering whats a good time to get there on friday cause i read somewhere people camp out so if i went at 10 would i be wasting my time.

TornLabrum
01-25-2006, 07:04 PM
I was wondering whats a good time to get there on friday cause i read somewhere people camp out so if i went at 10 would i be wasting my time.

If you're talking 10:00 a.m., I'd think you'd be fine.

filmnews
01-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Do you think getting there at 2 p.m. will be to late, to be in the first 1,000 people?
Also, what are you doing first on Friday? (Garage Sale, Jim Thome, Paul Konerko, Bobby Jenks)

TornLabrum
01-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Do you think getting there at 2 p.m. will be to late, to be in the first 1,000 people?
Also, what are you doing first on Friday? (Garage Sale, Jim Thome, Paul Konerko, Bobby Jenks)

I'm not really sure because I'll be there a whole lot earlier helping set up our booth. I hope someone is able to answer that for you. In the past (which you really can't use as a comparison, things have started to move around noon or so.

My first Friday task will be manning the pencil pull, at least until I have to go to the management seminar.

WCCMIKE
01-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Also, what are you doing first on Friday? (Garage Sale, Jim Thome, Paul Konerko, Bobby Jenks)I'm heading to the Konerko line then hoping maybe to see Dye

filmnews
01-25-2006, 11:43 PM
I am going for AJ at 7pm.

WCCMIKE
01-25-2006, 11:50 PM
My last question is it possible to meet Kenny williams i would really like to shake his hand and thank him:smile:

filmnews
01-26-2006, 12:01 AM
I meet him 2 years ago walking in with Ozzie and Harold. They were going to the steak house in the Hyatt.

BeefyD
01-26-2006, 01:25 AM
With Paulie signing at 4:30 or whatnot, when would be a good time to get in line for AJ at the same stage at 7:00???

WCCMIKE
01-26-2006, 01:35 AM
With Paulie signing at 4:30 or whatnot, when would be a good time to get in line for AJ at the same stage at 7:00???Well this is my first time going also but i did plan for Dye after konerko but really this depends i think where you are in line for Konerko.Cause if you are still in line and its 6 something chances are AJ's line is gonna already be packed.:?:

Iwritecode
01-26-2006, 01:58 AM
With Paulie signing at 4:30 or whatnot, when would be a good time to get in line for AJ at the same stage at 7:00???

Loop back around and get right back in line. Depending on what time you get done with Paul, the line will have already started for AJ.

A lot of times they'll give you a wristband so that you can walk around and check out other stuff and still be guaranteed a spot in line. They just frown upon somebody getting into a line when they have a wristband on for another player. That means don't get a wristband for AJ's line and then go get in line for Cotts and Politte...

alohafri
01-26-2006, 10:23 AM
My first Friday task will be manning the pencil pull, at least until I have to go to the management seminar.

Last year I pulled a White Sox pencil and an Astros pencil. Let's see what the pencil gods have in store this year.

WCCMIKE
01-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Last year I pulled a White Sox pencil and an Astros pencil. Let's see what the pencil gods have in store this year.If it's a cubs pencil make sure you break it:D:

skottyj242
01-26-2006, 02:23 PM
I've asked this in every SoxFest thread and no one has answered, what time is everyone going to the tavern?

wood28
01-26-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm planning to get there between 11 and 12. I'll sit in the lobby and read a good (hopefully)book. I want to get in the line for AJ and then Crede. Last time I went to SoxFest, I did not do the autograph lines, I assume they only sign 1 item per person, is that correct? I am planning to stop on the way home from work tonight and pick up a half dozen baseballs for signatures tomorrow.

ChiSoxGirl
01-26-2006, 02:25 PM
I've asked this in every SoxFest thread and no one has answered, what time is everyone going to the tavern?

I don't think I'm going to shed any light on that until I get my Secret Santa gift from you! :wink:

Iwritecode
01-26-2006, 02:39 PM

I don't think we ever really set a time. We just kinda wander in and hope to see a familiar face and an open chair. Once we get there it's not uncommon for us to still be there at 2 or 3AM though.

skottyj242
01-26-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't think I'm going to shed any light on that until I get my Secret Santa gift from you! :wink:

OH CRAP, I am so sorry. When are you going to be around this weekend? I'll pick you up something extra special on Saturday.

filmnews
01-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Is there a Giordano's Pizza by the Hyatt Hotel? I usually go to Pizzeria Uno, but want to try Giordano's. I always see the commercials during Sox games.

Brian26
01-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Is there a Giordano's Pizza by the Hyatt Hotel? I usually go to Pizzeria Uno, but want to try Giordano's. I always see the commercials during Sox games.

There's a Giordano's at the northeast corner of Randolph and Michigan, right behind the Prudential Building. That's about a 3 or 4 block walk from the Hyatt.

filmnews
01-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks,

I will be going their on Friday night.

DeadMoney
01-27-2006, 12:34 AM
I have a unique situation that arose tonight along with a question:
To make the story relatively short, I came home from college for the weekend and visited my girlfriend. At this point, she informed me that her dad (today) came across two Friday and Saturday Sox Fest tickets and was giving them to me (I will use them with my mom because my girlfriend is busy). Now...I have been to Sox Fest 3 times, but have missed out the last two years and am now trying to get this together in less than 12 hours. Normally, I have had months/weeks to prepare and am now down to one night and a short morning to get this going. I have all the important materials (camera, I-Pod, etc.) ready to go and am visiting a card shop tomorrow to pick up baseballs and photos for autographs. Lastly, we booked a room at the Hyatt ($89 with a AAA card) for tommorow night, which - to me - seems to cover all bases.
Ultimately, I am asking if anyone has any other suggestions on what I may be missing. Thanks in advance for any help and I look forward to sharing the 2006 World Champion addition of Sox Fest with all of you.

salty99
01-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Yes. Get in the opposite autograph lines as me.

Soxfanspcu11
01-27-2006, 01:33 AM
I'm planning to get there between 11 and 12. I'll sit in the lobby and read a good (hopefully)book.

May I suggest A MILLION LITTLE PIECES? Oprah recommended the book and I heard it's riveting!