PDA

View Full Version : the Score at Soxfest

my5thbench
01-25-2006, 01:58 PM
hi gang,

WSCR 670 the score is going to broadcast all weekend long from Soxfest,

beginning at 4pm on Friday. This should allow for lots of Sox related inter-

views. I know many of you don't like the station but for those of us who

can't be here it offers a look inside, I'm looking forward to it I can never get

too much Sox talk radio during the offseason, hope some others of you enjoy

it as well.

go go SOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sad
01-25-2006, 02:15 PM
cool- thanks for the info

Tekijawa
01-25-2006, 02:18 PM
How will they manage to talk about the Cubs the whole time then? Will Lickrish and Bea be there?

my5thbench
01-25-2006, 02:32 PM
there's plenty of Sox fans at the score, I will admit however that the new

who's doing the White Sox shows at 11am on Saturdays hasn't been very

immpressive so far, he's supposed to do the pre & post game shows on the

score this season, his name is something like Ronge, we'll see how that goes,

you do know that North is a Sox fan?

CHIsoxNation
01-25-2006, 02:38 PM
there's plenty of Sox fans at the score, I will admit however that the new

who's doing the White Sox shows at 11am on Saturdays hasn't been very

immpressive so far, he's supposed to do the pre & post game shows on the

score this season, his name is something like Ronge, we'll see how that goes,

you do know that North is a Sox fan?

That should be in teal.

BRDSR
01-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Anyone know if the Score has a webcast? Will be stuck in Champaign all weekend, can't get up to The 'Fest(I think that's what we should call it).

Palehose13
01-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Anyone know if the Score has a webcast? Will be stuck in Champaign all weekend, can't get up to The 'Fest(I think that's what we should call it).

Yeah, there is a link "Listen Live" on the website.

SOXPHILE
01-25-2006, 03:33 PM
I wonder if our buddy will be broadcasting from there..........

http://www.670thescore.com/graphics/pic_sm_mike_murphy.jpg (http://www.670thescore.com/onair/mike_murphy.shtml)
"Hey Sox fans, we're broadcasting live from Soxfest '06. Since most of the talk here is going to revolve around the White Sox, I wanna at least take the next couple of segments, and hear from YOU, Cub fans. Since they're going to have all this added revenue with the bleacher expansions, do you think Andy Mc F-A-I-L will try and sign one big name before opening day ? We're also gonna try and it a hold of Ron Santo, and ask him if he likes the 3rd base situation for our boys in blue....."

SOecks
01-25-2006, 03:33 PM

Yes, they do. Go to www.670thescore.com. ESPN 1000 has streaming as well at espnradio1000.com.

tick53
01-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Is Comcast covering any of this? Fox Sport Net Used To..

Sox 5 and 1 with me there..:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :(:

tick53
01-25-2006, 03:51 PM
hi gang,

WSCR 670 the score is going to broadcast all weekend long from Soxfest,

beginning at 4pm on Friday. This should allow for lots of Sox related inter-

views. I know many of you don't like the station but for those of us who

can't be here it offers a look inside, I'm looking forward to it I can never get

too much Sox talk radio during the offseason, hope some others of you enjoy

it as well.

go go SOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Hey Bench, could you find ANY Sox
goodies in Plymouth after the Series? I tried Yoders and they said they were
having trouble getting anything. I'll bet if the Cubs would have won anything,
the would have painted the town blue. Mayor Cook probably banned all sales.

pinwheels3530
01-25-2006, 03:52 PM

http://www.670thescore.com/graphics/pic_sm_mike_murphy.jpg (http://www.670thescore.com/onair/mike_murphy.shtml)
"Hey Sox fans, we're broadcasting live from Soxfest '06. Since most of the talk here is going to revolve around the White Sox, I wanna at least take the next couple of segments, and hear from YOU, Cub fans. Since they're going to have all this added revenue with the bleacher expansions, do you think Andy Mc F-A-I-L will try and sign one big name before opening day ? We're also gonna try and it a hold of Ron Santo, and ask him if he likes the 3rd base situation for our boys in blue....."

Ha Ha that's exactly what Murph would say too! Very funny!!

Lip Man 1
01-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Just me but the guy who started this thread sounds like he works in some capacity for that garbage station.

And saying Mike North is a Sox fan is an insult to real Sox fans everywhere.

Remember according to that buffoon all the Sox needed to do was win one of the last five games in 67 to take the pennant. :rolleyes:

I've forgotten more Sox history then that big mouth idiot has even known.

I regret the Sox are on the station.

Lip

Dan H
01-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Just me but the guy who started this thread sounds like he works in some capacity for that garbage station.

And saying Mike North is a Sox fan is an insult to real Sox fans everywhere.

Remember according to that buffoon all the Sox needed to do was win one of the last five games in 67 to take the pennant. :rolleyes:

I've forgotten more Sox history then that big mouth idiot has even known.

I regret the Sox are on the station.

Lip

The guy who started the thread lists in Plymouth, Indiana as his place of residence. Plymouth is a good 3 hours east of Chicago so I kind of doubt that he is connected with the station. Did North really say the Sox needed only one win in the last five games in 1967 to win the pennant? Now that's funny.

Lip Man 1
01-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Dan:

He stated it very clearly in an authoritarian type voice on Chicago Tribune Live a few months ago then apparently re-stated such opinion on his morning show according to someone who posted that info here.

He's a doofus and a buffoon.

Lip

my5thbench
01-26-2006, 08:37 AM
Tick I didn't look for any gear, got all the magazines I wanted & my daughter bought me the DVD

Aww c'mon Lip I don't work for the Score, I'm an old dude whose bored enough to listen to it quite a bit

Dan I can get to the Cell in 2 hours, only about 90 miles, although they say
it could be worse this year with the Dan Ryan situation

gosoxmarc
01-26-2006, 10:03 AM
The guy who started the thread lists in Plymouth, Indiana as his place of residence. Plymouth is a good 3 hours east of Chicago so I kind of doubt that he is connected with the station. Did North really say the Sox needed only one win in the last five games in 1967 to win the pennant? Now that's funny.

Ok, completely off the original point of the thread. Plymouth (from my door to Lot A) is 92 minutes. We're just the far far south east side!:cool:

MsSoxVixen22
01-26-2006, 10:18 AM
I'll probably tune in to the Score my last hour of work on Friday. Why oh why couldn't they have been on ESPN1000?

my5thbench
01-26-2006, 10:18 AM
wow Mark....you drive faster than I do....I'm near the courthouse, well

like I said I'm an old dude....been a die hard Sox fan since the 50's

my5thbench
01-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Vixen....both Kenny Williams & Ed Farmer will be interviewed on the Score

after 4pm this Friday from Soxfest....Boars & Bermstein will be the host,

some folks won't like that fact

retro1983hat
01-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Not only on this site, but also other Sox sites, everyone seems to love to bash the Score more than anything else.
I like both the Score and ESPN1000, but the Score is a true Chicago station.
What is the deep-rooted hatred for the Score. I agree Mike North can be a complete clown, but Mac, Jurko and Harry are all also card carrying Ringling Brothers members.

Maximo
01-26-2006, 11:04 AM

Nicely done.....you nailed it.

TheKittle
01-26-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm listening the Score right now and this Murphy guy is terrible. Pick a lane? The lane that will get this idiot off the air. What a worthless show host.

tick53
01-26-2006, 05:11 PM
:dinger Ok, completely off the original point of the thread. Plymouth (from my door to Lot A) is 92 minutes. We're just the far far south east side!:cool:

I can get to the Cell a lot faster than my Rockford cousins can. 30 west to SR 49 north to Toll Road to the Ryan. I've made it in to 35th Street in 90 minutes many a time.

With me in attendance: 5 and 1.....luvdemsox..:welcome: