PDA

View Full Version : I won the 2005 MLB.com bracket challenge

Foulke You
01-24-2006, 09:02 PM
here's mine. lol. completely unbias. :supernana:

Winners will be announced after the 2005 MLB postseason comes to a close.
Please check back after the World Series has ended for a complete list of winners.

I just notified that I won this MLB 2005 Bracket Challenge!! I picked every single divison winner, wild card, and playoff series correctly. I can't believe it!! :o: :thud:

I've never won a damn thing in my life especially betting on the White Sox to win it all! They just mailed me the affadavit that I need to sign so I can claim my prize. I was 1 of 30 winners and my prize is two tickets to any 2006 MLB Opening Day of my choosing! Guess which one I'm going to pick? That's right! Devil Rays baby!!! I'll be at Tropicana on Opening Day and it will be magical when I see the boys in teal take the field. Seriously though, I was really nervous that I wouldn't be able to score any tickets for Opening Night and now I just have the anticipation of how great these seats might be. Perfect timing!! Of course, knowing Bud Selig, it might be Row 20 in section 508 but who cares...they're FREE!!! :cool:

I feel like the proud father from the movie, A Christmas Story waiting patiently for my "MAJOR AWARD" to arrive.:D:

delben91
01-24-2006, 09:11 PM
I just notified that I won this MLB 2005 Bracket Challenge!! I picked every single divison winner, wild card, and playoff series correctly. I can't believe it!! :o: :thud:

I've never won a damn thing in my life especially betting on the White Sox to win it all! They just mailed me the affadavit that I need to sign so I can claim my prize. I was 1 of 30 winners and my prize is two tickets to any 2006 MLB Opening Day of my choosing! Guess which one I'm going to pick? That's right! Devil Rays baby!!! I'll be at Tropicana on Opening Day and it will be magical when I see the boys in teal take the field. Seriously though, I was really nervous that I wouldn't be able to score any tickets for Opening Night and now I just have the anticipation of how great these seats might be. Perfect timing!! Of course, knowing Bud Selig, it might be Row 20 in section 508 but who cares...they're FREE!!! :cool:

I feel like the proud father from the movie, A Christmas Story waiting patiently for my "MAJOR AWARD" to arrive.:D:

Holy crap!

Congrats man! It's awesome to see something like this go to a true fan! Enjoy the game, maybe they'll sit you next to M&M man! :gulp:

Foulke You
01-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Holy crap!

Congrats man! It's awesome to see something like this go to a true fan! Enjoy the game, maybe they'll sit you next to M&M man! :gulp:
Thanks! I still can't believe it. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get to sit next to a true fan like Bernie Mac! :cool:

itsnotrequired
01-24-2006, 09:30 PM

Here's to getting Scout Seats.:gulp:

soxwon
01-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Where in MLB.com is this bracket?
i looked all over!!!

MUsoxfan
01-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Where in MLB.com is this bracket?
i looked all over!!!

Look at the date at the top of the thread, my friend

Rudy Law
01-24-2006, 11:45 PM
NL East: Braves
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Padres
NL Wild Card: Marlins
NLDS Winner 1: Cardinals
NLDS Winner 2: Marlins
NL Champion: Marlins

NL Champion Marlins?.......Man whatever your smoking pass it to me....Do you watch baseball?

Fenway
01-24-2006, 11:54 PM

Since the White Sox game is the only MLB event that night you may well be seated next to this nice man from Milwaukee

http://www.couchmaster.ca/images/qod/Bud_Selig5.jpg

CONGRATS :bandance: :gulp: :)

delben91
01-25-2006, 08:18 AM
NL East: Braves
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Padres
NL Wild Card: Marlins
NLDS Winner 1: Cardinals
NLDS Winner 2: Marlins
NL Champion: Marlins

NL Champion Marlins?.......Man whatever your smoking pass it to me....Do you watch baseball?

This is a pretty old thread, so that's a prediction someone made for the 2005 NL Champions. Definitely less of a stretch than if it was a 2006 pick.

SweetnesSox
01-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Anybody looking at these AL Cy Young picks? Maybe it's just me but... Freddy Garcia? Randy Johnson?? Let me know if I have to explain why this seems ridiculous...

Jjav829
01-25-2006, 02:44 PM

I know your intentions were good, and you were just excited to share the news, but next time please start a new thread. Bumping the old thread leads to responses like the ones above where people see predictions that were made for 2005 and think they are for the 2006 season.

The link to the original thread is here. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46805&highlight=bracket)

Deuce
01-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Here's to getting Scout Seats.:gulp:If you are lucky, you may end up next to Yellow M&M. :redneck

Rocky Soprano
01-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Congrats! That's just awesome!

SOXintheBURGH
01-25-2006, 02:59 PM
That rules!!! See ya at Wrigley!

:cheers:

IlliniSox4Life
01-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Congrats. If you end up not being able to make it and can't find anyone else to give them to, I'll go.

MarySwiss
01-25-2006, 06:37 PM

WOW! This is awesome! Especially when you consider that--as far as I know--none of the "experts" predicted a Sox/Astros Series.

Do you know how many people entered this thing? I routinely enter the ESPN March Madness contest, and I consider it a major victory anytime I am in the first 50,000.

Congrats!!

soxfanatlanta
01-25-2006, 08:17 PM

Outstanding!!! Take many photos, bubba!

robiwho
01-25-2006, 08:46 PM
That is so great! Congratulations!

Foulke You
01-25-2006, 09:11 PM
I know your intentions were good, and you were just excited to share the news, but next time please start a new thread. Bumping the old thread leads to responses like the ones above where people see predictions that were made for 2005 and think they are for the 2006 season.

The link to the original thread is here. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46805&highlight=bracket)
DOH!! My efforts to prevent more work for the mods caused the opposite effect. Sorry about that. It is noted for future reference in the ol' brain pan.:cool:

Thanks for all the congrats guys! I'm so pumped up. I have to get this crazy affadavit thing notorized before sending it out. I'll let you guys know if I'll be rubbing elbows with M&M guy, Bud Selig, or if I'll be holding up the pennants in the last row of the Upper Deck. The letter I got has the tickets valued at $75 each so I think that eliminates scout seats if I'm not mistaken. I thought those babies were $250 per game but I'm not sure.

Foulke You
01-25-2006, 09:18 PM
WOW! This is awesome! Especially when you consider that--as far as I know--none of the "experts" predicted a Sox/Astros Series.

Do you know how many people entered this thing? I routinely enter the ESPN March Madness contest, and I consider it a major victory anytime I am in the first 50,000.

Congrats!!
I'm not sure how many people entered but I'm willing to bet, the pool of people who had Sox vs Astros in the Series was probably pretty small. They didn't really get into too much specifics in the email. There were also several tie breakers involved like picking the AL Cy Young, NL Cy Young, AL MVP, etc etc. but I'm not sure if any of those came into play since they didn't mention it in any of the correspondence.

I was really excited about the moves Kenny made before Spring Training like most fans on this board but I remember I was VERY close to picking the Angels to win it all and beating the Sox in the ALCS but I went with my heart and it paid off! :D:

Gremlin3
01-26-2006, 10:34 AM
:gulp: Congrats.

I want Mags back
01-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Awesome you won too. I, i mean my dad who is 18 years or older won. I was gonna post this last week but i was waiting to get the paper work back. Whats with them needing it to be notarized. THats kinda weird. my mom still cant belive it. Good things happen when we pick the Sox to win it all. See ya opening night

rookie
01-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Congrats...I'm very jealous!

Foulke You
03-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Finally got my tix from MLB for the 2005 bracket challenge contest. Section 536, Row 12 is the best MLB could muster.:?: I'm certainly not complaining...the tix were free and I get to go to the game and the seats aren't too shabby considering they are near home plate in the Upper Deck.

HOWEVER, to be perfectly honest, I am slightly disappointed. I thought that since it was a contest prize from MLB, the tickets would be a little bit better. Not necessarily scout seats but I thought lower box or lower reserved maybe. I realize I'm lucky to be going at all since a lot of people on these boards didn't even score tickets for the game. The guy from MLB Media Services told me when I called to get an update that it was taking a while to secure over 50 tickets from the White Sox since 25 of the 30 winners requested Sox home opener tix. (Duh) I'm thinking that the Sox could only fulfill Upper Deck for the contest since the season ticket holders gobble up most of the LD Box for Opening Day. Oh well, I'm still pretty stoked for the game and the price was right!:cool:

Hey I Want Mags Back, did you get your tickets yet? Maybe we'll be in the same section?

I want Mags back
03-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Finally got my tix from MLB for the 2005 bracket challenge contest. Section 536, Row 12 is the best MLB could muster.:?: I'm certainly not complaining...the tix were free and I get to go to the game and the seats aren't too shabby considering they are near home plate in the Upper Deck.

HOWEVER, to be perfectly honest, I am slightly disappointed. I thought that since it was a contest prize from MLB, the tickets would be a little bit better. Not necessarily scout seats but I thought lower box or lower reserved maybe. I realize I'm lucky to be going at all since a lot of people on these boards didn't even score tickets for the game. The guy from MLB Media Services told me when I called to get an update that it was taking a while to secure over 50 tickets from the White Sox since 25 of the 30 winners requested Sox home opener tix. (Duh) I'm thinking that the Sox could only fulfill Upper Deck for the contest since the season ticket holders gobble up most of the LD Box for Opening Day. Oh well, I'm still pretty stoked for the game and the price was right!:cool:

Hey I Want Mags Back, did you get your tickets yet? Maybe we'll be in the same section?

536, row 12, seat 13-14. Knda sucks they couldnt get us LD's, especially when compared to other teams (Yankees, Red Sox, etc) our tickets are reasonably cheap. See ya then.

Foulke You
03-24-2006, 03:16 PM
I'll be in the same row, seats 5 and 6. Be sure to say hi!

BTW, I'm pretty sure if the circumstances were different this opening day, (i.e. no night game, no banner raising, no ESPN 1st MLB game of '06, etc.) I have a feeling we would be in the LD. It was just a supply vs demand issue.

I want Mags back
03-24-2006, 06:11 PM
I'll be in the same row, seats 5 and 6. Be sure to say hi!

BTW, I'm pretty sure if the circumstances were different this opening day, (i.e. no night game, no banner raising, no ESPN 1st MLB game of '06, etc.) I have a feeling we would be in the LD. It was just a supply vs demand issue.

yeah that makes sense, especially since 50 people who won needed sox tickets, as opposed just 10. They wouldn't want to give some better than others

Nellie_Fox
03-25-2006, 02:31 AM
I feel like the proud father from the movie, A Christmas Story waiting patiently for my "MAJOR AWARD" to arrive.
Woohoo!
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/031222/031222_xmasstory_leglamp_vmed7a.vmedium.jpg

SectionBNole
03-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Pretty impressive! Congratulations.

Foulke You
03-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Woohoo!
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/031222/031222_xmasstory_leglamp_vmed7a.vmedium.jpg

http://theleglamp.com/lampt.jpg :redneck