PDA

View Full Version : Thome, Pods, Dye, Crede, & others won't be rushed into camp

WhiteSoxFan84
01-25-2006, 04:19 AM
With the start of the 2006 regular season more than two months away, the White Sox aren't about to rush several core players recovering from injuries when spring training workouts start Feb. 18 in Tucson, Ariz.

Jim Thome, the Sox's biggest off-season acquisition, is hitting and throwing four times a week after recovering from right elbow and lower back injuries that limited him to 59 games with Philadelphia last season.

In addition, speedy leadoff hitter Scott Podsednik and right fielder Jermaine Dye each are recovering from hernia operations, and Podsednik could have his workouts modified when spring training begins.

Third baseman Joe Crede and reliever Dustin Hermanson have recovered nicely from lower back problems, thanks to off-season workouts. But Hermanson hasn't started throwing after recently returning from a vacation in Jamaica.

Brian Anderson, who is scheduled to take over for the departed Aaron Rowand in center field, is working out without limitations after having a plate removed from his right wrist last November.

Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060124sox,1,5164978.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)

JUribe1989
01-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Take your time boys.

kevin57
01-25-2006, 08:22 AM
This Cubune article made the Sox squad look like a hospital ward. :mad:

I was at first a bit alarmed at the list of "what ifs," but ST is not the regular season, so no need to rush them and risk a break-down sometime in June.

delben91
01-25-2006, 08:26 AM
I, for one, was relieved to hear that Thome's back is doing well. Also sounds like Podsednik and Dye will be all right. The most "iffy" one of the bunch sounds like Hermanson, but I guess that isn't unexpected.

DumpJerry
01-25-2006, 08:29 AM
If there were any doubts about Thome, the deal would not have been done.

IggyD
01-25-2006, 08:37 AM
This Cubune article made the Sox squad look like a hospital ward. :mad:

I was at first a bit alarmed at the list of "what ifs," but ST is not the regular season, so no need to rush them and risk a break-down sometime in June.

Thats one thing I do not understand, why elders and so called die hards quote the cubune....when they are biased against the Sox.

I do not buy, read or give any hits to their web site. They get enough money from their fan base who support losers.

SOXPHILE
01-25-2006, 10:19 AM
I hope that what they say about Crede's and Hermanson's backs are true. I was expecting they would both need surgery in the off season too, with the way everybody was saying how bad their backs were. Anytime I hear "herniated discs" in somebody's back, I'm automatically thinking surgery. Plus, weren't they saying towards the end of last season that Hermanson's injury wasn't going to get any better with just rest and rehab, and he/they would decide what to do in the offseason ?

sullythered
01-25-2006, 10:30 AM
I really do hope Joe is doing well. I've got a feeling he's gonna have a big year, statistically, as well as in the clutch this season.

JoeItalia7
01-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Well if they are recovering from injury, there is no reason to rush them to st and risk injury again. whatever it takes so by opening day they are back and healthy. each and every one of them

Fungo
01-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Short off-season, I don't blame them a bit.

soxinem1
01-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Whatever needs to be done so they are read when the bell tolls......

Ol' No. 2
01-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Meh. It's not as if these guys sit around all winter watching TV and eating nachos. They'll be in shape when the bell rings.

Chicken Dinner
01-25-2006, 12:41 PM
They will be rushed into camp, but they won't be rushed to full capacity once their.

ondafarm
01-25-2006, 12:54 PM
The article actually uses the word "in" not "into". The implied difference is quite enormous.

They will be expected to report on time.

They will not be pushed hard in ST.

Thanks for taking this discusion in totally the wrong direction!!!

DaleJRFan
01-25-2006, 01:25 PM
The article actually uses the word "in" not "into". The implied difference is quite enormous.

:tealtutor:

Sorry, had to do it... :cool:

Palehose13
01-25-2006, 01:36 PM

:?:

What wrong direction was it taking?

HebrewHammer
01-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Meh. It's not as if these guys sit around all winter watching TV and eating nachos. They'll be in shape when the bell rings.

:XL
"Oh really?"

MUsoxfan
01-25-2006, 01:42 PM
:XL
"Oh really?"

BEAT ME TO IT!!! Dammit!:redneck

HebrewHammer
01-25-2006, 01:45 PM
BEAT ME TO IT!!! Dammit!:redneck

:cool:

I figured I had better hurry.

Any time there's a comment about being lazy or eating, a David Wells joke is sure to follow.

MsSoxVixen22
01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
As long as Pods, Dye and the rest the gang are 100% healthy that'll all I care about. :D:

ondafarm
01-25-2006, 02:04 PM
:tealtutor:

Sorry, had to do it... :cool:

Oh God!!! It's the turquoise police.

Ignore that if you're an atheist.

Jjav829
01-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Just as long as they are ready for October. That's all that matters. :cool: