PDA

View Full Version : Hey...

czalgosz
07-28-2001, 04:25 PM
Every time I take some time off from the computer, the forum changes!!! Jeez...

Anyway, I do have a question... Sorry if this has been brought up, but is it just me, or does Kip Wells look worse every single time he takes the mound? He looked great in April and May, but he's been pretty crappy lately. He better turn things around, and quick...

FarWestChicago
07-28-2001, 04:26 PM
Czal!! I was wondering when you were going to show up.

Yeah, the Terminator didn't look too good yesterday.

Jerry_Manuel
07-28-2001, 04:28 PM
Welcome back czalgosz.
As far as Kip goes yesterday he said he might have been tipping his pitches. But he wasn't getting hammered the Red Sox were just hitting balls where our fielders weren't. There is no hurry for him to have to turn anything around because the season is over.

czalgosz
07-28-2001, 04:37 PM
<i>There is no hurry for him to have to turn anything around because the season is over.</i>

I was surprised that the season lasted as long as it did for the Sox. This roster is like the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Things do look good for the Sox next season though. With Ordonez re-signed, that will help out a lot, and if even half of the guys currently on the DL retrun to form, this will be a very good year. I hate to say "wait 'till next year", but in this case I think it applies.

Jerry_Manuel
07-28-2001, 04:41 PM
Things do look good for the Sox next season though. With Ordonez re-signed, that will help out a lot, and if even half of the guys currently on the DL retrun to form, this will be a very good year. I hate to say "wait 'till next year", but in this case I think it applies.

First off the board will do the italics for you when you post just click the "I". Anyway yes things look very good for next year if everyone comes back healthy.

czalgosz
07-28-2001, 04:48 PM
Guess I should make use of the test board...

Guys on DL -

Thomas
Wells
Eldred
Simas
Barcelo
Osuna
Parque
Rauch
Wunsch

I'm going to assume that Dave Wells is done, as well as Eldred.

Both Osuna and Barcelo will be coming off their second surgeries, so I'll call them question marks.

Rauch will need some time in AAA once he comes back.

That leaves Thomas, Simas, Wunsch and Parque that will probably come back to make an impact.

Add those four guys to next year's team, and things look very, very good, if they produce like they did in 2000.

Jerry_Manuel
07-28-2001, 04:55 PM
This is Lorenzo's third operation I believe. But it doesn't matter really. Thomas is the biggest person on that list if he comes back to form then we are going to be just fine. Yes Wells and Eldred are done with the Sox.