5. Jerry Owens, of
6. Robert Valido, ss
7. Ray Liotta, lhp
8. Lance Broadway, rhp
9. Francisco Hernandez, c
10. Sean Tracey, rhp

Banix12
01-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Jenks still counts as a prospect? I know he only pitched a little under half a season at the MLB level but he was on the playoff roster.

KRS1
01-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Jenks still counts as a prospect? I know he only pitched a little under half a season at the MLB level but he was on the playoff roster.

Pitchers have to throw 50 innings to be considered non-prospects I believe.

Banix12
01-24-2006, 11:24 PM
Pitchers have to throw 50 innings to be considered non-prospects I believe.

Makes sense, still seems a bit odd to have a guy who saved games during the world series on a prospect list.

A. Cavatica
01-24-2006, 11:39 PM
And BA's Best Tools:

Best Hitter for Average Jerry Owens
Best Power Hitter Josh Fields
Best Strike-Zone Discipline Ricardo Nanita
Fastest Baserunner Jerry Owens
Best Athlete Jerry Owens
Best Fastball Bobby Jenks
Best Curveball Bobby Jenks
Best Slider Tyler Lumsden
Best Changeup Jack Egbert
Best Control Ray Liotta
Best Defensive Catcher Gustavo Molina
Best Defensive Infielder Robert Valido
Best Infield Arm Angel Gonzalez
Best Defensive Outfielder Brian Anderson
Best Outfield Arm Ryan Sweeney

Let's see. Owens is the best hitter for average, the fastest baserunner, and the best athlete, and seems pretty good at those skills in absolute terms. Fields is the best power hitter, but IMHO that's because of a lack of competition. And somehow Fields comes in a spot ahead of Owens?

I have no quarrel with Jenks and Anderson at the top, since they're major leaguers on opening day unless they have disastrous springs. But I am surprised Owens is not #3. My top five is Jenks-Anderson-Owens-Sweeney-Valido. After that I have a lot of trouble differentiating them. Fields might as well be #6 or #10.

Hagan
01-24-2006, 11:40 PM
out of all the lists i think this one is a little askew. I do not think sweeny should be rates so high and i do not think broadway and liotta should be so low. Owens is a 9-10 prospect in my opinion and valido should be a little higher. Also I wish Haeger should be on there near the bottem.

KRS1
01-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Okay work from Phil here, but not too great from a writer I expect a lot from. He seems to think Fields will stay in AA(though he is right that we can afford to have patience with him), that Broadway will repeat in Kanny, and says Tracey pitched in the low 90's this year where as when I saw him in late October down here hitting 95 regularly on the gun and touched 97 out of the pen a few times. Maybe he saw Sean when he was throwing only sinkers and his new 2-seamer.

Interesting he says the Sox expect Sweeney to develop 15-20 hr power, where I think his ceiling is much much higher. I know he has under 10 hrs in two full pro season, but his first season was at 19 years old against much older competition and last season he stuck through a power draining wrist injury. I guess time will tell that story, but seeing the way he hit major leaguers last spring, I find it impossible to believe his power(especially with that sweet swing) wont come along with the rest of his skills.

I dont like what he had to say about Fields, and in no way am I a Josh apologist, but he says his dicipline didn'd increase at all this year. I dont see how he can say that when looking at his first and second half side by side. He seemed to talk more about his college football career than what Josh achieved this season, especially with the tragedy he fought through early. Hopefully, his college football days wont be the highlight of Josh's biography, and after seeing how Phil really wrote like three sentences about his first season in pro ball I really want him to breakout in a big way. Hopefully he shows us all something woth noting this year so Phil cant neglect to write about baseball next year when describing Josh.

I really think Broadway can fill out his frame with another 15-20 pounds and get some more velocity on his fastball, but for now he is correct in calling his fastballs average(though they show a lot of movement). His curve is correctly dubbed a plus-plus pitch and at 80-82 mph as he showed in his scouting video it should be one of the best of any starter when he gets to the show. I think he is underrating his change-up a bit because scouts have called this a plus pitch also, not just a 'show me' pitch as he calls it.

If anyone has any questions about the article feel free to ask.

California Sox
01-24-2006, 11:59 PM
I think Fields is listed ahead of Owens based on potential impact. Best case scenario, he hits 30 HR and is athletic enough to be a decent 3b. Maybe a pre-2005 Mike Lowell-type. Owens has no power and has never played (to my knowledge) anything but LF. While he may be able to move to CF, that's not been proven. Best case scenario, he's Pods and Pods was a minor league journeyman until a break and the development of superior basestealing technique allowed him to become an all star. Owens could also become *shudder* Tom Goodwin.

Ceiling also dictates Sweeney's placement. He hasn't hit for much power, but he held his own in AA as a 20 year old. He could be like Shawn Green and develop power as he matures. I have to tell you, the few times I saw him play in spring, the guy looked like he can rake.

I thought the list was very fair (9 of ten on my list too). I'm not a big fan of Tracey. I fear the second coming of Jon Adkins without the pinpoint control.

KRS1
01-25-2006, 12:28 AM
I think Fields is listed ahead of Owens based on potential impact. Best case scenario, he hits 30 HR and is athletic enough to be a decent 3b. Maybe a pre-2005 Mike Lowell-type. Owens has no power and has never played (to my knowledge) anything but LF. While he may be able to move to CF, that's not been proven. Best case scenario, he's Pods and Pods was a minor league journeyman until a break and the development of superior basestealing technique allowed him to become an all star. Owens could also become *shudder* Tom Goodwin.

Ceiling also dictates Sweeney's placement. He hasn't hit for much power, but he held his own in AA as a 20 year old. He could be like Shawn Green and develop power as he matures. I have to tell you, the few times I saw him play in spring, the guy looked like he can rake.

I thought the list was very fair (9 of ten on my list too). I'm not a big fan of Tracey. I fear the second coming of Jon Adkins without the pinpoint control.

I dont think we'll have to worry about this, as Sean throws harder and has better all-around stuff. The hype we heard about Jon throwing mid 90's proved to be just that, and he never really did good in the pen or as a starter. Whereas, I really believe a switch to the pen will make Tracey a super-stud set-up man. I'm one of the few here who still hold big hopes for this guy, but Sean is a gamer and I know he's got great things on the horizon.

rdivaldi
01-25-2006, 01:18 AM
[/b][/u]
I dont think we'll have to worry about this, as Sean throws harder and has better all-around stuff. The hype we heard about Jon throwing mid 90's proved to be just that, and he never really did good in the pen or as a starter. Whereas, I really believe a switch to the pen will make Tracey a super-stud set-up man. I'm one of the few here who still hold big hopes for this guy, but Sean is a gamer and I know he's got great things on the horizon.

Sean might be a gamer, but he also has poor control, a funky delivery, and not much else besides a fastball in his repetoire. Put down the radar gun and look at the guy as a pitcher. If we're lucky he might be a mop up reliever. I can't believe that Phil included him in the top 10.

SoxFan76
01-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Seems to be a lot of love on that list for Fields...way more love than he gets around here.

Is he all hype?

rdivaldi
01-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Seems to be a lot of love on that list for Fields...way more love than he gets around here.

Is he all hype?

He's not hype per say. I kinda view Fields as being kind of like Borchard. A lot of skills with not a lot of results.

Banix12
01-25-2006, 01:50 AM

Is he all hype?

I think it's too early to say he's "all" hype. But certainly there is a ton of hype surrounding him because he was a first round pick, probably a lot more hype than he deserves.

Personally he scares me a bit because I get a bit of a Joe Borchard vibe off him. Partially because of the QB thing but mostly because early on he is just looking like another high strikeout, low walk all-or-nothing power hitter. It's often way too hard to break hitters of those habits making me wonder what his future is going to be like. Seems to need some work with the glove as well.

rdivaldi
01-25-2006, 01:53 AM
Personally he scares me a bit because I get a bit of a Joe Borchard vibe off him. Partially because of the QB thing but mostly because early on he is just looking like another high strikeout, low walk all-or-nothing power hitter. Seems to need some work with the glove as well.

I agree with your assessment of his defensive abilities. I think Josh is destined to be a first baseman.

KRS1
01-25-2006, 02:29 AM
Sean might be a gamer, but he also has poor control, a funky delivery, and not much else besides a fastball in his repetoire. Put down the radar gun and look at the guy as a pitcher. If we're lucky he might be a mop up reliever. I can't believe that Phil included him in the top 10.
I think that hard biting slider is something else beside his fastball, and with two possibly three if his two-seamer develops different fastballs, he could be a lot more than just a mop-up guy. I can really see him frustrating batters when he changes up between a four-seamer, two-seamer, and a sinker and shutting the door with a slider. As I said I'm one of his only supporters here and while that may make me a bit optomistic, it doesnt change the way I see him being able to set up batters with his stuff. Hopefully he can harness the rocket, and if not we have to hope for him to stay effectively wild.

delben91
01-25-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm not nearly the expert a lot of folks on this site are, so I won't debate the rankings.

However, there was a name I didn't recognize on the top 10, and that's the catcher, Hernandez. What's the word on him?

Banix12
01-25-2006, 09:55 AM
I agree with your assessment of his defensive abilities. I think Josh is destined to be a first baseman.

I think so too, which is why I think if he has a good season next year, likely at AA, they should consider dangling him as trade bait. With Konerko firmly entrenched at 1st and his poor to average play at third, it might be wise to try and get something for him. Especially while he is considered a top prospect.

He could still become a very good ballplayer but the high strikeout totals in his first two seasons and the lack of patience he has shown make me less bullish about his future.

Randar68
01-25-2006, 02:42 PM

ack! He can play 3B better than probably half the regular 3B in the game today. A little more consistency will help, but still. He's never going to be Crede-good, but few are.

Randar68
01-25-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm not nearly the expert a lot of folks on this site are, so I won't debate the rankings.

However, there was a name I didn't recognize on the top 10, and that's the catcher, Hernandez. What's the word on him?

Saw him in Bristol in 2004, and was one of the first to mention his as a prospect at all. I pay a ton of attention to catchers, and he wowed me. He is solid with the bat, but he has top-notch catch-and-throw ability behind the plate. We'll see how his game-calling develops, but I expect a good year out of him in Kannapolis this year. I felt he was really turning a corner there the last 2-3 weeks before demotion.

I thought it was too soon to put him on last year's list, and despite being very toolsy, I still think it's too early to put him on a top 10 list.

rdivaldi
01-25-2006, 03:24 PM
ack! He can play 3B better than probably half the regular 3B in the game today. A little more consistency will help, but still. He's never going to be Crede-good, but few are.

I'm surprised Randar, I thought you'd be in the "move him to 1st" camp. I'll be watching Josh closely this spring to see how his glove has come along.

Randar68
01-25-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm surprised Randar, I thought you'd be in the "move him to 1st" camp. I'll be watching Josh closely this spring to see how his glove has come along.

Not with Thome and Konerko sitting around for a while. He's going to sink or swim at 3B now and with Crede's hefty raise and back issues (nevermind the Boras factor), he may be needed sooner than later.

KRS1
01-25-2006, 04:01 PM
For all those who care Phil just gave us a shout-out on his chat, I'll have more on this when it's complete.

delben91
01-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Saw him in Bristol in 2004, and was one of the first to mention his as a prospect at all. I pay a ton of attention to catchers, and he wowed me. He is solid with the bat, but he has top-notch catch-and-throw ability behind the plate. We'll see how his game-calling develops, but I expect a good year out of him in Kannapolis this year. I felt he was really turning a corner there the last 2-3 weeks before demotion.

I thought it was too soon to put him on last year's list, and despite being very toolsy, I still think it's too early to put him on a top 10 list.

Thanks for the head's up. Can't remember the last time the Sox had a catching prospect in the true sense of the term. Guess I have yet another player to follow through box scores this season.

Randar68
01-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the head's up. Can't remember the last time the Sox had a catching prospect in the true sense of the term. Guess I have yet another player to follow through box scores this season.

Well, Donny Lucy is far more polished behind the plate as a "catcher". He isn't quite as quick with the footwork and release or arm, but he has very good defensive skills and is a good game-caller. We'll see if Lucy can stay healthy and how he progresses with the bat. Could reach the majors before Hernandez, although Chris Stewart is probably going to be pushing for a back-up role in 2007.

whitesoxglenn
01-26-2006, 10:22 PM
My question is, with Chris Stewart making more progress at catcher, how come Chris Stewart was not ahead of Hernandez at catcher??? Just wondering.

California Sox
01-26-2006, 10:41 PM
My question is, with Chris Stewart making more progress at catcher, how come Chris Stewart was not ahead of Hernandez at catcher??? Just wondering.

Has to do with upside, particularly on offense. Stewart is a nice story. I believe the organization regarded as an organizational player, a good "catch and throw" guy who would never hit who then he surprised people with a very solid year in AA. That said, he's not a great hitter and projecting him as an average major league starting catcher might be a stretch. On the other hand you've got Hernandez who has some growing to do, but he's still young and has shown in stretches that he can dominate with the bat. He projects as more of a starting catcher type.

Randar68
01-27-2006, 05:41 PM

You don't rate guys who are likely to be back-up catchers in the majors as top 10 prospects.

As I said previously, I believe Phil is overzealous in his inclusion of Hernandez both last year and this year considering his distance from the majors and the precarious nature of being a catching prospect.

rdivaldi
01-27-2006, 09:25 PM
For all those who care Phil just gave us a shout-out on his chat, I'll have more on this when it's complete.

Any chance that we could get the highlights of the chat?

Randar68
01-27-2006, 11:20 PM

The highlights? I got 6 questions in! LOL!

Seriously though, I'll try to do that later, gotta run now...

KRS1
01-28-2006, 12:44 AM

Ask and you shall recieve.
First he said he basically went back and forth with BA about Jenks' inclusion on the list, but b/c he was under the cutoof for IP he basically had to be on it.

Seems to think Field's power is enough upside(adds in another esponse that Josh and BA both have higher upside than Arow and Crede did) to make it a tough decision after this season if Josh has a good year with patience and pitch selection. (Gotta disagree here, but I suppose a Ruthian season from Josh would give us some chips in Crede's next deal, either way Josh should be in the minors at least two more seasons)

Talks about Lumsden, said he had a great time in the IL, and says what all already know that if there is such a thing as minor elbow surgery, it would be what Tyler had. Calls R. Rodriguez a workorse, but is fringy in terms of stuff.

Young would have been #1 Gio would have been 6th and Haig would have been 13th.

He didnt know much if anything about the guys who have been in the org. for a while, that could be ready to make a jump this year. When asked of Lemon and Pollok he just said they would have contended for best FB if Jenks wasnt available, and mentioned no other real contenders. Said guys like Cortes, Russel, and Noe Rodriguez as guys who he sees filling out into the upper echelon of that list.(couldnt agree more Cortes looks like a stud from his scouting tape and touches 94 now, and we all know that Russell and Rodriquez are going to be fun to watch grow up.)

CONFIRMED HONEL HAD SURGERY!!!!! It wasnt TJ but it was to repair a partially torn ligament in his elbow, which could explain his loss of velocity since HS.

Here's a good quote about Cunningham and Vernon Carter. "Both Cunningham and Carter are very raw prospects but the White Sox loved what they saw of them last season." He says Carter wont be moved out of 3rd anytime soon(it was questioned b/c of his size and mobility) but even if that happens his bat could carry him as a 1b/DH.

Lopez took a step back this year(obviously).

About a guy who some claimed was a 5-tool SS( I have to admit I had high hopes for him too), yes that's right Andy Gonz got mentioned and Phil said that our people really liked what they saw this season from him in terms of progression, and that he had a good season in the PRWL. Expects that if he can prove his worth as a regular, he has a good chance of being a utility guy for us.

CF is BA's job for now, but a good year for Owens in Charlotte could cause some contraversy. Says he expects Owens to have a big role for us in the second half, but not at the expense of BA.

On one of my favorite's Chris Stewart, he could emerge as AJ's back-up if Widger leaves or plays poorly. Chris hit over 300 in the DRWL. ( I gotta think b/c of his defensive prowess and newly acquired hitting skills Chris will flourish in a back-up roll when we give him the shot, and even though Hernandez and Lucy have more upside, I still have him ranked as our best C in the minors).

Really likes Rogo, then again who doesnt, and said he WILL make it to the bigs, and might need a trade for that to happen. He thinks Casey should ask for more time in the OF, b/c of the roadblock that exists at first. ( I agree Rogo has the talent and drive to succeed, hopefully Thome can teach him the same technique he developed to get more backspin and carry in his hard drives, and after this season if his power grows I think he could give Dye a runs for his money in RF in 07' making it a tough choice whether or not to pick up the option we have on JD)

Says McCarthy arguably has more talent than any of our WS starters, and will get 25 starts this season with an ERA well under 4.

Chucky H. was around #15 in the top 30, says he'll need a lot of patience or a trade to get his break.

Some guy claimed to be Wes Whisler ,who spelled Whisler's name Whistler and Chicago as Chicagio. Any way said not to get down on himself b/c it was his first year pitching as a pro(not to mention full time).

Someone wrote in a list of his so called sleepers,"Daniel Cortes, Tim Murphy, Santiago Gutierrez, Vernon Carter, and Salvador Sanchez?"
Phil says he sees Cortes as Garland clone with his stuff and he's SoCal high school draftee, and likes his command( I dont know if he saw him in person, but his tape showed me he has really good movement on his pitches, very little location and command). Says Sanchez has added weight. Didnt mention Santiago or Tim, probably b/c Tim missed the season(B/C HE CHOSE TO ATTEND UCLA!!!) and Santiago was mediocre even in SS standards.

Thinks Schnurstein has a good bat, but says his defensive abilitys are limited. Says he should repeat in W-S to dominate.

Another of my fav's Brandon Allen was mentioned. Phil said he has great power upside, and plenty of time to develop his raw skills(excuse me for my 90's attitude Phil, but NO DUH:D:). Says the Sox were really encouraged with his plate discipline, but he thinks conditioning will be an issure b/c of his size. (Hey Phil, he's an athletic stud, and if youre going to question his ability to stay in shape, just look at NFL LB's and tell me that)

Really likes the upside in Hernandez, and also sounds in love with the fact that he is a switch-hitter.

Says he's no scout, and gives Jenks' FB an 80 on the scout scale, but only a 65-70 to his curve. (Come on Phil, that is the most devistating thing I've ever seen)

Okay I'm gonna take a break, but there should be plenty for you to read here until I finish.

rdivaldi
01-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Very nice, thanks a bunch KRS. I eagerly await the rest...

Randar, what questions did you get in?

KRS1
01-28-2006, 02:15 AM
I think I got in all the improtant stuff that wasn't a duplicate. Randar and other who were there, feel free to add.

Of Sweeney, he says he had a heck of a year considering all

things(wrist injury, 20 in AA etc.). Says to "think Rafael

Palmeiro, minus b-12 injections"( hahaha killing me here

Phil) in terms of him likely developing power in the bigs.

Says the Sox are confident in his being able to make the

jump to Charlotte this season( news to me, but cool nonethe

less, maybe he and Rogo can switch days between 1st and RF)

Here's a quote about Nanita for you. "He's a little like

Schnurstein or Rogowski--a is a hitter more than a complete

player"

Says Broadway would be ranked higher if he threw

harder(blah blah blah),but adds that he is a complete

pitcher. He adds that he's always cautious with the fresh

faces being included.

Says Borchard could fit with the flubs, pre-Jones signing.(

Don't ask me why he said that, but it sounds like a little

flubby love is shining through)

Of Jack Egbert, he said the Sox think he can be as good as

he wants and praised him for his 3 shut-outs.

Says the Sox faith in Lumsden most likely played a big part

in Gio's inclusion in the Thome trade.

Says Getz is a solid hitter and high OBP guy, but "doesn't

have the speed of a young Chuck Knoblauch"(okay I guess

13-18 in steal attempts is bad for a first time pro-baller)
He claims second base is a spot for guys who lack tools,

and that two baggers don't make good utility guys(whatever

Phil, he also plays a good SS, and has the arm and reaction

speed for 3rd)

Says as he understands it, Owens played CF in the Nationals

(or Expos) system, so it wouldn't be converting him if he

plays there.

Gets a little lofty in his BA expectations, with

.273-17-75. (However, I agree with those projections, and

think his average and power could be even higher in the

Cell. I mean he did average .295 at both AA and AAA with a

metal plate in his wrist)

Valido should be in B-ham. Loves the fact that he was a

fielder first, hitter next type prospect.

Calls McCarthy a future Ace.

Thinks Micah could be a better hitter than Fields, but not

all-around player.

Of the question's asked about Antoine Gray, he seems really

unimpressed, as were we all, about his 2005 Bham campaign.

He will be challenged by Getz in the MLST.

Brice hasn't been the same since the Olympics incident a few

years ago, Collaro hit's the ball a long way and has a

chance at the bigs.

Says both Brooks and Richard will likely remain starters

although they were relievers in college b/c of the low

mileage on their arms.

And now the Randar Q's........

Here's a nice quote,"Hey there, Randar. I always like your

opinionsinformation on these guys on

whitesoxinteractive.com. If others haven't checked out that

site, they should."

Phil, sees Hernandez growing into a all-star.

Randar says Valido is a prototypical #2 hitter( my

sentiments exactly), but says he has to prove he can hit

consistently. Phil agrees, saying he could be good at

either end of the line-up, and he should be ready when

Juan's contract is up.( I really hope we can keep Juan as a

second baseman when Roberto is ready, hopefully his

pricetag wont get out of control by then, but I also hope

Juan grows into a big-time middle of the line-up guy)

Phil says 2006 is a big proving year for Wes, and the Sox

want him to limit his pitch types.

Brandon Allen is very close to the top 10.

Mentions the Mark Gonzalez column which says Dusty's back

is better.

Says he hasn't heard about Rogo re-tooling his swing, and

hopes he doesn't(I disagree, and think Thome can help him

stay sweet while adding some loft)he dominated in the DWL.

KRS1
01-28-2006, 02:47 AM
Fantastic, I spend a couple of hours re-reading and typing up a summary and I find some jack***, pasted the entire thing on the other site. I hope that place gets heck from BA for that.:angry: Seriously what kind of moron does that, can't he get legal action taken upon himself and the site?

caulfield12
01-28-2006, 09:49 AM
I think I got in all the improtant stuff that wasn't a duplicate. Randar and other who were there, feel free to add.

Of Sweeney, he says he had a heck of a year considering all

things(wrist injury, 20 in AA etc.). Says to "think Rafael

Palmeiro, minus b-12 injections"( hahaha killing me here

Phil) in terms of him likely developing power in the bigs.

Says the Sox are confident in his being able to make the

jump to Charlotte this season( news to me, but cool nonethe

less, maybe he and Rogo can switch days between 1st and RF)

Here's a quote about Nanita for you. "He's a little like

Schnurstein or Rogowski--a is a hitter more than a complete

player"

Says Broadway would be ranked higher if he threw

harder(blah blah blah),but adds that he is a complete

pitcher. He adds that he's always cautious with the fresh

faces being included.

Says Borchard could fit with the flubs, pre-Jones signing.(

Don't ask me why he said that, but it sounds like a little

flubby love is shining through)

Of Jack Egbert, he said the Sox think he can be as good as

he wants and praised him for his 3 shut-outs.

Says the Sox faith in Lumsden most likely played a big part

in Gio's inclusion in the Thome trade.

Says Getz is a solid hitter and high OBP guy, but "doesn't

have the speed of a young Chuck Knoblauch"(okay I guess

13-18 in steal attempts is bad for a first time pro-baller)
He claims second base is a spot for guys who lack tools,

and that two baggers don't make good utility guys(whatever

Phil, he also plays a good SS, and has the arm and reaction

speed for 3rd)

Says as he understands it, Owens played CF in the Nationals

(or Expos) system, so it wouldn't be converting him if he

plays there.

Gets a little lofty in his BA expectations, with

.273-17-75. (However, I agree with those projections, and

think his average and power could be even higher in the

Cell. I mean he did average .295 at both AA and AAA with a

metal plate in his wrist)

Valido should be in B-ham. Loves the fact that he was a

fielder first, hitter next type prospect.

Calls McCarthy a future Ace.

Thinks Micah could be a better hitter than Fields, but not

all-around player.

Of the question's asked about Antoine Gray, he seems really

unimpressed, as were we all, about his 2005 Bham campaign.

He will be challenged by Getz in the MLST.

Brice hasn't been the same since the Olympics incident a few

years ago, Collaro hit's the ball a long way and has a

chance at the bigs.

Says both Brooks and Richard will likely remain starters

although they were relievers in college b/c of the low

mileage on their arms.

And now the Randar Q's........

Here's a nice quote,"Hey there, Randar. I always like your

opinionsinformation on these guys on

whitesoxinteractive.com. If others haven't checked out that

site, they should."

Phil, sees Hernandez growing into a all-star.

Randar says Valido is a prototypical #2 hitter( my

sentiments exactly), but says he has to prove he can hit

consistently. Phil agrees, saying he could be good at

either end of the line-up, and he should be ready when

Juan's contract is up.( I really hope we can keep Juan as a

second baseman when Roberto is ready, hopefully his

pricetag wont get out of control by then, but I also hope

Juan grows into a big-time middle of the line-up guy)

Phil says 2006 is a big proving year for Wes, and the Sox

want him to limit his pitch types.

Brandon Allen is very close to the top 10.

Mentions the Mark Gonzalez column which says Dusty's back

is better.

Says he hasn't heard about Rogo re-tooling his swing, and

hopes he doesn't(I disagree, and think Thome can help him

stay sweet while adding some loft)he dominated in the DWL.

Dustin is now Dusty, lol? Please tell me why are not going to call Rob Valido Roberto from now on, are we?

Did he say anything about what he expects from Haigwood and Gonzalez at the pro level with Philly?

Any thoughts on who was going to win the LH reliever slot?

I thought it was interesting Ozzie said Ozuna could be a DH on this team (I think he was just saying that DH did not HAVE to be a power position with our line-up) instead of Mackowiak...but Ozuna was his boy lasy year.