PDA

View Full Version : Report on best Pitchers in the system

CerberusWG
01-03-2002, 10:44 PM
http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/homepage/cws_homepage.jsp

Main article

czalgosz
01-03-2002, 10:57 PM
Corwin Malone is even more of a stud than I thought - getting promoted twice in one year is difficult for a pitcher. Pitching well at all three stops is really great. We might even see him as a September callup if his progress continues.

Daver
01-03-2002, 10:59 PM
Honel and Malone will be in the mix for a starting job in 2003.

czalgosz
01-03-2002, 11:07 PM
Almost makes losing Wells, Lowe and Fogg seem not so horribly painful. If only we had gotten equal value in return...

Daver
01-03-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Almost makes losing Wells, Lowe and Fogg seem not so horribly painful. If only we had gotten equal value in return...

We did.

czalgosz
01-03-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by daver

We did.

I hope you're right, I really do.

Daver
01-03-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

I hope you're right, I really do.

I can't speak for anyone else,but I was tired of watching Kip Wells crap his pants every time he made a start,and Josh Fogg was going to be a career minor leaguer,I will miss Sean Lowe,but the Sox didn't want to keep him around,I think we all know why.

Huisj
01-04-2002, 12:56 AM
Wow, did you guys notice how many of those guys mentioned were lefties? If my name were Jim Parque or Kelly Wunsch, I'd be worried. Maybe one day our lefty reliever problem will be solved!

The difficulty is going to be getting guys chances when there are supposedly so many good young pitchers. Although, better too many than none I guess.

Daver
01-04-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Huisj
Wow, did you guys notice how many of those guys mentioned were lefties? If my name were Jim Parque or Kelly Wunsch, I'd be worried. Maybe one day our lefty reliever problem will be solved!

The difficulty is going to be getting guys chances when there are supposedly so many good young pitchers. Although, better too many than none I guess.

The difficulty is getting people to admit that the Sox got rid of three pitchers that had no future with the team for a proven starter.

But then again what the hell do I know?

Jerry_Manuel
01-04-2002, 01:10 AM
The difficulty is getting people to admit that the Sox got rid of three pitchers that had no future with the team for a proven starter.

But then again what the hell do I know?

Daver the problem your running into here is that people feel that Ritchie isn't any good. Ask Bmr how he feels about Todd.

Daver
01-04-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Daver the problem your running into here is that people feel that Ritchie isn't any good. Ask Bmr how he feels about Todd.

Like I care.

Remember I know nothing about baseball.

Iguana775
01-04-2002, 09:42 AM

Like I care.

Remember I know nothing about baseball.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/6405/gallery/pics/schultt.jpg

"I know nothing......."

RichH55
01-08-2002, 02:46 AM
Cant any of the problem on Ritchie simply be that we gave up one too many arms? I like having Ritchie and those comparisons to Lieber make me salivate, but you still need to get proper value in trades even when dealing from an area of strength