PDA

View Full Version : White Sox iPod cases

mrwag
01-24-2006, 04:21 PM
They are FINALLY coming to market. First available appears to be for the iPod Video only. I have emailed a request for the Nano as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

http://www.xtrememac.com/cases/video/iconz_sport_mlb.php

TheDarkGundam
01-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Very cool. I may just have to buy an ipod video now.
Those are really really cool!

rookieroy
01-24-2006, 04:38 PM
My son will be all over that!!!!!

SOXintheBURGH
01-24-2006, 04:40 PM
I think the most shocking thing is that the image shows the unholy triumverate and us. :o:

GregoryEtc
01-24-2006, 04:40 PM
The Cubs one is only for people that overwork their iPods. The Yankees one is for people who paid too much for an old iPod. The Red Sox one is for people who just got iPods to jump on the iPod bandwagon.

The White Sox one will let you get the most out of your iPod and at a lower cost. The only drawback is that if you buy it, Steve Perry will come over to your house and never leave.

They're working on a Blackhawks one that will only allow your iPod to work if you're not at home.

MsSoxVixen22
01-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Cool but can't they make a Sox case for something besides the ****ing iPod!:angry: I'd love one of those cases and it's really unfair that they make accessiories for iPods only.

JorgeFabregas
01-24-2006, 05:19 PM
I am shocked, just shocked that they would make their product exclusively for the best selling item in its category.

shoelessjoe90
01-24-2006, 05:39 PM
They need to make some for the 20 gig i-pod

Pureone
01-24-2006, 06:01 PM
'Tis a beauty.

I like that the White Sox one has a World Series logo on it.

http://www.xtrememac.com/cases/video/imgs/iconz_sport_mlb_02.jpg

ChiSoxLifer
01-24-2006, 07:08 PM
'Tis a beauty.

I like that the White Sox one has a World Series logo on it.

http://www.xtrememac.com/cases/video/imgs/iconz_sport_mlb_02.jpg

That's awesome. I almost want to buy it and I don't even have an ipod. I may be Soxsessed.

Law11
01-24-2006, 07:59 PM
They are FINALLY coming to market. First available appears to be for the iPod Video only. I have emailed a request for the Nano as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

http://www.xtrememac.com/cases/video/iconz_sport_mlb.php

Once again the folks with older ipods get the shaft...
You cant keep up with these things. The next generation will
have an AM/FM receiver in it.. Of course why put that technology into the new video one at the same time...

Make people keep having to update for $400... I think not.

Chisox003
01-24-2006, 08:04 PM
They need to make some for the 20 gig i-pod
I have the 20 gig one with color...

Won't this case fit that? I thought they were the same size

Anyone know if these things have the clips on the back?

Excellent

Law11
01-24-2006, 08:10 PM

Excellent

Thats the one I have. They are the same in width but the new Video one is thinner in depth than our 20g one. It must not stretch enough to fit.

I'm tempted to blow the $30 and hope for the best.

Chisox003
01-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Thats the one I have. They are the same in width but the new Video one is thinner in depth than our 20g one. It must not stretch enough to fit.

I'm tempted to blow the $30 and hope for the best.
Well let me know how that goes :redneck

No seriously if you do end up doing that, give us an update

I really think it should fit, so Im tempted to take a shot .... those things are quite nice

Law11
01-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Well let me know how that goes :redneck

No seriously if you do end up doing that, give us an update

I really think it should fit, so Im tempted to take a shot .... those things are quite nice

I placed the order.. I will let you know. I got standard ground. They are set to ship on the 30th so early feb
I should get it. I ordered the one for the 30g video.. We'll see.

Chisox003
01-24-2006, 08:32 PM
I placed the order.. I will let you know. I got standard ground. They are set to ship on the 30th so early feb
Good deal....

Thanks a lot! :gulp:

Foulke You
01-24-2006, 09:09 PM

Excellent
I have the "ancient" 10 gig I Pod that isn't even made anymore. I think I'm gonna get the shaft on this one, I would LOVE a Sox I- Skin.:mad:

itsnotrequired
01-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Cool but can't they make a Sox case for something besides the ****ing iPod!:angry: I'd love one of those cases and it's really unfair that they make accessiories for iPods only.

You could always start your own company and make non-iPod accessories.:tongue:

mrwag
01-25-2006, 08:42 AM
I have the "ancient" 10 gig I Pod that isn't even made anymore. I think I'm gonna get the shaft on this one, I would LOVE a Sox I- Skin.:mad:

One of the really cool things about Apple products is that they fetch TOP DOLLAR on eBay, even for old items. It's amazing what old Macs and older iPods will get on eBay. Just a thought...

It does suck how fast technology changes, and how quickly things become obsolete.

JoeItalia7
01-25-2006, 09:51 AM
I just have the 4 gb mini. i may buy this skin just for the hell of it

Mr.Creosote
01-25-2006, 12:07 PM

Call them back and change the order to the 60gig size. The 30gig 5G iPod is the thinnest full size iPod. If you want one for the 20gig Color you'll want the 60gig iPod w/Video size.

They don't ship for a few more days so you have time to change the order.

house215
01-25-2006, 12:47 PM
WOW....
I must have one.

Law11
01-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Call them back and change the order to the 60gig size. The 30gig 5G iPod is the thinnest full size iPod. If you want one for the 20gig Color you'll want the 60gig iPod w/Video size.

They don't ship for a few more days so you have time to change the order.

thanks, they changed it.

bayzbol44
01-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the linky!!!! That was an awesome surprise! I ordered one!

mrwag
01-25-2006, 03:55 PM
You guys will have to report back on these when they arrive. I'm chomping at the bit for a Nano skin!

SOecks
01-25-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm sure if the site received enough requests for the older 20 GB sized ones, they'd gladly produce them. Sox Army...???

chaerulez
01-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Are the new video iPods a different size from the regular iPods a generation before?

SOecks
01-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Are the new video iPods a different size from the regular iPods a generation before?

Yes, they are much thinner (about half as thick as older gen) and have a larger screen than the older iPods, so if you get one for a video iPod it will be too tight for yours and won't completely cover your smaller screen.

bayzbol44
02-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Did anyone get a notification that their case was shipped? They were scheduled to ship on Monday, but I did not get any email yet.

bayzbol44
02-15-2006, 06:32 PM
I finally got mine today!!! However, mine does not have a hole in the bottom of the hard case for the recharger cable. Did anyone have the same issue?

Rooney4Prez56
02-16-2006, 10:25 AM

I KNOW!!!! Where's the case for a Zen Micro?

fincher
02-16-2006, 02:08 PM
I also emailed them to make one for the nano. Makes no sense to limit it to the larger iPods. They already make them for other teams for the nano.

Law11
02-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Still waiting for my 60g one to see if it fits my older model.
emailed them and they said they were behind.... 2 more weeks.

Dolly
02-16-2006, 04:15 PM
I just got mine yesterday.... it is sweet!!! I just wish it had an armband that came with it.

mrwag
02-17-2006, 08:43 AM
I also emailed them to make one for the nano. Makes no sense to limit it to the larger iPods. They already make them for other teams for the nano.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Now they have an even lower priced Nano so sales should pick up even more, and the Sox just won the Series a few months ago. Give it some time and I'm sure they'll make them. I hate waiting tho!

Dolly
02-17-2006, 10:48 AM
I also emailed them to make one for the nano. Makes no sense to limit it to the larger iPods. They already make them for other teams for the nano.I was at Chicago Ridge Mall the other day (aka Westfield Shopping Centre these days) and there is a stand right near the food court that has nothing but iPod accessories. Don't remember what it's called. Anyway, they had some nano cases for other teams and I asked the salesperson if they had the Sox. She said that they were expecting a shipment of them next week. So maybe you could try there.

fincher
02-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Thanks. I might just check it out.

BackNBlack
02-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Man I wish I saw this about three weeks back I already ordered one for mine from apple, I would of picked this up instead, great find.

mrwag
02-17-2006, 07:00 PM
I was at Chicago Ridge Mall the other day (aka Westfield Shopping Centre these days) and there is a stand right near the food court that has nothing but iPod accessories. Don't remember what it's called. Anyway, they had some nano cases for other teams and I asked the salesperson if they had the Sox. She said that they were expecting a shipment of them next week. So maybe you could try there.

If someone would be willing to pick one of these up for me, I'd gladly send up a check or PayPal you the cash! I have a black Nano that NEEDS a Sox case!

mrwag
03-30-2006, 08:32 PM
I sent another email today for a request to get Sox cases for the Nano's. I got this email:

"I am truly sorry but at this time we do not have plans to expand our line of iconz accessories. You may sign up for our email updates and as soon as new item become available we will notify you.

Thanks for shopping with XtremeMac!"

:(:
What a bummer!!!!

MySoxAreClean
03-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Nice , would look great on my ipod