PDA

View Full Version : *Official* "When should we get in line for the Opening Ceremony?" Thread

Viva Medias B's
01-24-2006, 10:46 AM
I plan on checking into the Hyatt 10-11 a.m. What would be a good time to get to the main ballroom in time to see the opening ceremony?

INSox56
01-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Well you can't get into the actual ballroom or soxfest until it opens. Instead you just wait outside the hallway to get into soxfest. They have lines going up two floors to get in. I know that my friends are planning on getting in line about when they check in...11 am or sometime around there. I'm planning on joining them around 2.30, which is very late. So yeah, if you want up front, plan on getting down there round noon. :wink:

skottyj242
01-24-2006, 12:43 PM
I plan on checking into the Hyatt 10-11 a.m. What would be a good time to get to the main ballroom in time to see the opening ceremony?

Yesterday.

INSox56
01-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Yesterday.

Or that works too

krohnjw
01-24-2006, 02:14 PM
I am shooting for 11am also (checkin and then get in line). I recently finished putting all of the WS games on DVD (10 DVDs) and will be watching the games/another movie in line until the rest of my group gets there.

MUsoxfan
01-24-2006, 02:15 PM
I plan on checking into the Hyatt 10-11 a.m.

What's the earliest check-in?

INSox56
01-24-2006, 02:21 PM
I am shooting for 11am also (checkin and then get in line). I recently finished putting all of the WS games on DVD (10 DVDs) and will be watching the games/another movie in line until the rest of my group gets there.

LOL I was TALKING about YOU getting there at 11-12. ahaha :wink:

krohnjw
01-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Back off buddy! :D:

salty99
01-24-2006, 02:59 PM
I called the Hyatt and they said they would check in as soon as rooms are clean which could mean anywhere from Noon-3PM. If your room isn't ready you can store your stuff with the bellman they said.

MUsoxfan
01-24-2006, 03:20 PM
I called the Hyatt and they said they would check in as soon as rooms are clean which could mean anywhere from Noon-3PM. If your room isn't ready you can store your stuff with the bellman they said.

Cool. Thanks

Mickster
01-24-2006, 03:28 PM

Check-in at the Hyatt is 3p. Might want to call before you show up at 11a expecting to check in.

krohnjw
01-24-2006, 03:37 PM
We've checked in around that time in the past with no problems. Hopefully this year is no different.

carguy247
01-24-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm working one of the booths, so I might get to watch it from the sidelines.

soxwon
01-24-2006, 05:27 PM
do you HAVE to go thru the ballroom to enter Soxfest?
because id like to get to jim thome as quick as possible
he starts at 5.
if i get in the line outside the ballroom, will they let people in directly?

steff
01-24-2006, 05:29 PM
We've checked in around that time in the past with no problems. Hopefully this year is no different.

Sold out Soxfest... expect it to be different. Apparently they do also. They are claiming check will not be before 3pm, and will not be held responsible for bags left with the bellmen.

steff
01-24-2006, 05:29 PM
do you HAVE to go thru the ballroom to enter Soxfest?
because id like to get to jim thome as quick as possible
he starts at 5.
if i get in the line outside the ballroom, will they let people in directly?

Yep.. line goes thru the ballroom. Those who have waited in line the longest will get in first.

HITMEN OF 77
01-24-2006, 09:54 PM
When will the hotel be getting the Soxfest Tickets? Or do they have them already?

Viva Medias B's
01-24-2006, 10:22 PM
When will the hotel be getting the Soxfest Tickets? Or do they have them already?

If you have the hotel package, you'll get your SoxFest tickets upon checkin.

Iwritecode
01-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Sold out Soxfest... expect it to be different. Apparently they do also. They are claiming check will not be before 3pm, and will not be held responsible for bags left with the bellmen.

They can't be this stupid can they? With Soxfest being sold out AND starting an hour earlier this year that should be even MORE of a reason to allow early check-in.

Otherwise they're going to have TONS of people standing around in the lobby...

steff
01-25-2006, 01:02 PM
They can't be this stupid can they? With Soxfest being sold out AND starting an hour earlier this year that should be even MORE of a reason to allow early check-in.

Otherwise they're going to have TONS of people standing around in the lobby...

And that's different then years past how...

Iwritecode
01-25-2006, 01:42 PM
And that's different then years past how...

I just can't imagine everyone standing around and then at three o'clock everybody getting in line to check in.

In years past the lobby hasn't really been all that crowed. We were allowed to check-in whenever we got there. 1 or 2 in the afternoon...

steff
01-25-2006, 05:05 PM
I just can't imagine everyone standing around and then at three o'clock everybody getting in line to check in.

In years past the lobby hasn't really been all that crowed. We were allowed to check-in whenever we got there. 1 or 2 in the afternoon...

We checked in around 2ish last year. It's always been a bit early.. but not noon early. And I would guess with all the new attendees this year it's going to be mayham.

I specifically asked about checking in at noon and was told no way will they be doing that. Check OUT time is noon...