PDA

View Full Version : should i bring the kids to soxfest?

jugvara
01-24-2006, 08:23 AM
my wife got me the weekend hotel package for sox fest this year, but i have a dilema. i have a 2 year old and a 4 year old whom i usually bring to the games without a problem. i just dont know if there are enough activities and things to keep them entertained for the weekend, or if i should leave them with my parents. does anyone have any experience bringing little ones to soxfest?

Dan Mega
01-24-2006, 08:29 AM
I heard they had to be kids that would need to be in a stroller or carried by you, otherwise they need a ticket too.

But thats just what I heard. Other folks here would know better than I would.

See you there!

mandmandm
01-24-2006, 08:32 AM
They do have a kid's center where they have games and prizes, cookie decorating and other activities. I doubt a two year old and four year old will have the patience or desire to wait in a long line for autographs but there is enough to do to fill a couple hours, not an entire weekend. I did confirm with my ticket rep yesterday that any child that can walk in on his own will need a ticket. You might get by with holding the two year old and putting the four year old in the stroller. This worked for me at games last year so I did not have to purchase an extra ticket for my four year old. Otherwise you will probably need a ticket for the four year old.

Palehose13
01-24-2006, 09:25 AM
You get 4 tickets with the hotel package, so unless you are bringing anyone other than your wife and kids you will have enough tickets. Personally, I would drop the kids off at your parents and enjoy the weekend with your wife. They are so young, I doubt that they will remember the experience.

mandmandm
01-24-2006, 09:33 AM
You get 4 tickets with the hotel package, so unless you are bringing anyone other than your wife and kids you will have enough tickets. Personally, I would drop the kids off at your parents and enjoy the weekend with your wife. They are so young, I doubt that they will remember the experience.

Good idea! Not sure about logistics but you might want to go pick up the kids on Sunday morning and bring them for a couple hours then. At least in the pre-sellout days Sunday seemed to be a bit more low key than Friday and Saturday. I am guessing that by Sunday you will have your fill of Sox fest and it will give you a chance to enjoy the experience with the kids.

rookieroy
01-24-2006, 09:35 AM
I always brought my kids when they were your kids age. If you plan on attending seminars, clinics and/or the autograph lines, the kids can be tough to control and manage...they will be bored. Don't plan on doing much of those. "Kids Corner" is a blast and Southpaw will be there. Just keep in mind that it will be crowded all three days, so the other things you might want to do can be limited. Bring 'em!!!!! :smile:

rookieroy
01-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Good idea! Not sure about logistics but you might want to go pick up the kids on Sunday morning and bring them for a couple hours then. At least in the pre-sellout days Sunday seemed to be a bit more low key than Friday and Saturday. I am guessing that by Sunday you will have your fill of Sox fest and it will give you a chance to enjoy the experience with the kids.

This is a great idea...I have done this as well!!!!! :bandance:

Jaffar
01-24-2006, 09:39 AM
So now that you have extra tickets you want to hook me up? I'm going sunday but would love to go friday or saturday as well.

Chicken Dinner
01-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Why???

salty99
01-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Here is what it says on chisox.com

Every person (excluding infants in arms) must have a ticket to attend SoxFest.

EndemicSox
01-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Very young, but SoxFest should be for the kids, so bring them along...

Ol' No. 2
01-24-2006, 12:16 PM
While there are things for kids to do, it's doubtful there's enough to keep a 2 and 4 year old occupied for an entire weekend. Bring them for part of a day, and let the grandparents have them the rest of the time.

Brian26
01-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Very young, but SoxFest should be for the kids, so bring them along...

There's no way a child that young would be entertained for more than an hour before being completely bored and ready to leave.

leens01
01-24-2006, 01:27 PM
My neice and nephew went last year (age 5 and 3 at the time). This year, the other two are coming too, so there is going to be a 6, 4, 18mo, and 6mo at the Fest. The older two loved kids corner and it was great when the players came in. Meghan got to tell Jon Garland to do a good job this year, and he told her he would for her and he won 18 games. She wanted to go to the parade to tell him he was good. They seemed to enjoy themselves and can't wait to go this year, but we had 6 adults who would rotate time with the kids. I don't know how it would be with just 2 adults.

Fake Chet Lemon
01-25-2006, 01:07 PM
My kids are the same age, NO WAY. Do not take them. There may be a thing or two there to interest them for about 10 minutes, but it's really just not geared for them. They will be unbelievably bored.

miker
01-26-2006, 09:45 AM
It's not possibly safe with all those Sox fans there! You might as well take them to U.S. Cellular!

jugvara
01-27-2006, 09:11 AM
thanks for the advice. turns out i'm gonna leave the kids with grandma and grandpa for friday and saturday. anyone looking for 2 tickets for those days can email me at jugvara@hotmail.com.

MySoxAreClean
01-27-2006, 10:13 AM
my wife got me the weekend hotel package for sox fest this year, but i have a dilema. i have a 2 year old and a 4 year old whom i usually bring to the games without a problem. i just dont know if there are enough activities and things to keep them entertained for the weekend, or if i should leave them with my parents. does anyone have any experience bringing little ones to soxfest?i would say get a sitter soak in the sox fest later to celebrate work on new sox fan when he gets older you can say he was made during soxfest:gulp: