View Full Version : Soxfest schedule is now online

BainesHOF
01-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Check it out:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/community/soxfest.jsp

TheDarkGundam
01-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Check it out:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/community/soxfest.jsp THANK YOU!!!
Looks like Bobby will be there all three days. Cool. :cool:

EDIT: Just noticed that DJ is also scheduled to appear. Looks like he's staying.

DaveIsHere
01-23-2006, 06:12 PM
So if you want to get into these seminars, is it a good idea to get there early? If So, how early?

bafiarocks03
01-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Oh Yeah!! Scotty's there all 3 days! and he's doing a baserunning thing! And BA has his own autograph session! Woo! I don' think there will be to many in that one! I dunno why, everyone love BA! depending on who else is signing at that time! Great Schedule!

MUsoxfan
01-23-2006, 06:35 PM
That's a pretty interesting schedule. It should be alot of fun

JGarlandrules20
01-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Meh, the three autographs of players I wanted the most aren't signing Friday (Mackowiak, Bmac, Anderson..:(:)

I think I already have my day planned out. Does this sound realistic, time-wise?

Jim Thome at 4:45
Neal Cotts/Cliff Politte at 6
Chris Widger/Jon Garland at 7.
"A Day in the Life" Seminar at 8.

Hmm. I'm hoping I can get all those in. I'm so excited!

Iwritecode
01-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Meh, the three autographs of players I wanted the most aren't signing Friday (Mackowiak, Bmac, Anderson..:(:)

I think I already have my day planned out. Does this sound realistic, time-wise?

Jim Thome at 4:45
Neal Cotts/Cliff Politte at 6
Chris Widger/Jon Garland at 7.
"A Day in the Life" Seminar at 8.

Hmm. I'm hoping I can get all those in. I'm so excited!

I'm guessing you'll only make to one of those two middle ones. Plan on being one of the first in line for Thome to even have a chance at either though.

Iwritecode
01-23-2006, 07:03 PM
So if you want to get into these seminars, is it a good idea to get there early? If So, how early?

Go early to get a seat. Come in late and expect to stand elbow to elbow way in the back.

JGarlandrules20
01-23-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm guessing you'll only make to one of those two middle ones. Plan on being one of the first in line for Thome to even have a chance at either though.
Bummer. Too many players, too little time. :(:

MisterB
01-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Stage 4 5 p.m. Bobby Jenks - First 400 autographs

402 days.

402 days ago Bobby Jenks was a minor leaguer with a questionable history that was claimed off the waiver wire. Since then he's gone from minor league project to mid-season callup to down-the-stretch rookie closer to World Series closer and now has his own solo autograph booth at SoxFest. Just kinda blows your mind, don't it? :o:

gr8mexico
01-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Well I'm going to make sure I get Jim Thome that's all that matters to me. He is only scheduled for Friday. I'm going to make sure I'm there super early so if anyone has a PSP and wants to challenge me I'm taking mine because we are going to have ALOT of time on Friday. The only thing that sucks is that I wanted to go to the garage sale first but I wont be able unless they give us bracelets to enter the Thome line then Ill be able to go to the garage sale first then shoot over to the Thome line.

The Wimperoo
01-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Who is the private autograph session for the first group of people that got the hotel package?

Iwritecode
01-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Well I'm going to make sure I get Jim Thome that's all that matters to me. He is only scheduled for Friday. I'm going to make sure I'm there super early so if anyone has a PSP and wants to challenge me I'm taking mine because we are going to have ALOT of time on Friday. The only thing that sucks is that I wanted to go to the garage sale first but I wont be able unless they give us bracelets to enter the Thome line then Ill be able to go to the garage sale first then shoot over to the Thome line.

Should be interesting to see how the crowd splits up between Thome and the Friday Q&A session.

MUsoxfan
01-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Who is the private autograph session for the first group of people that got the hotel package?

I got that. I don't know when it is though

gr8mexico
01-23-2006, 07:40 PM
402 days.

402 days ago Bobby Jenks was a minor leaguer with a questionable history that was claimed off the waiver wire. Since then he's gone from minor league project to mid-season callup to down-the-stretch rookie closer to World Series closer and now has his own solo autograph booth at SoxFest. Just kinda blows your mind, don't it? :o: I think almost everyone is getting there own stage just look at this one it blows my mind Stage Four10:30 a.m.Rob Mackowiak - First 400 autographs:?: :?: I might just skip that one unless noone is in line

MUsoxfan
01-23-2006, 07:42 PM
I think almost everyone is getting there own stage just look at this one it blows my mind Stage Four10:30 a.m.Rob Mackowiak - First 400 autographs:?: :?: I might just skip that one unless noone is in line

I'm sure at least 400 people will want his sig because he's a southside guy

CHISOXFAN13
01-23-2006, 07:46 PM
I think almost everyone is getting there own stage just look at this one it blows my mind Stage Four10:30 a.m.Rob Mackowiak - First 400 autographs:?: :?: I might just skip that one unless noone is in line

Those of you who think there will be empty lines are sorely mistaken. Every main autograph stage is full and they get full quick.

Also, my sources tell me the Score will be broadcasting every one of their weekend shows live from Sox Fest so there will be plenty of positive coverage.

The Wimperoo
01-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Those of you who think there will be empty lines are sorely mistaken. Every main autograph stage is full and they get full quick.

Also, my sources tell me the Score will be broadcasting every one of their weekend shows live from Sox Fest so there will be plenty of positive coverage.

Yeah Chris Rongey said he would be there for his show on Saturday morning last week.

CHISOXFAN13
01-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Yeah Chris Rongey said he would be there for his show on Saturday morning last week.

LOL, that would be my source.

Viva Medias B's
01-23-2006, 07:56 PM

Jon Garland

RallyBowl
01-23-2006, 08:01 PM
*** is Freddy's problem this year?

Viva Medias B's
01-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Unless I missed it, it looks like there will be no wives seminar this time.

BainesHOF
01-23-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm disappointed in no Buehrle, Contreras, Garcia and Uribe, especially coming off a World Series championship season. All, by the way, signed autographs for pay after the Series. Well, except for Garcia, who, as noted on another infamous thread, committed to making the paid appearance only to cancel at the last minute.

gr8mexico
01-23-2006, 08:46 PM

Also, my sources tell me the Score will be broadcasting every one of their weekend shows live from Sox Fest so there will be plenty of positive coverage. Last year they were a couple of lines that where empty on Saturday and that was the day it was sold out last year.

INSox56
01-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Ya know I love Buehrle and I think he'll continue to be my favorite sox player...but..........Seriously.....He goes to some BS thing for St Louis sports writers or whatever that thing was and he can't come to soxfest..... That's 3 years in a row now and this after a WS win..
:(::mad:

esbrechtel
01-23-2006, 11:04 PM
what are my chances of getting lots of autographs??? am i pretty much locked into getting maybe one a day and im only going to make it out of the weekend with 3??? Im a rookie to soxfest and im pretty excited about it and im just wondering what to expect!

MrT27
01-23-2006, 11:27 PM
At the Garage sale I want to buy a jersey. How much are they usually and do they accept credit cards???

ChiSoxGirl
01-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Unless I missed it, it looks like there will be no wives seminar this time.

The Rowands were the main highlight at this seminar, and now that "they gone," it looks like they bagged it altogether. I used to love seeing the Rowands, Credes, and Wunschs/Olivos/Gloads up there together- it was always so much fun and occasionally some "dirt" would be revealed about a couple. I'll miss that this year, but it just frees up time for me to catch another seminar or a clinic. :cool:

MUsoxfan
01-23-2006, 11:28 PM
At the Garage sale I want to buy a jersey. How much are they usually and do they accept credit cards???

If it's anything like Garage Sales during the season....they'll run anywhere from $150-$600+ and anything the Sox do accepts credit cards

MrT27
01-23-2006, 11:30 PM
If it's anything like Garage Sales during the season....they'll run anywhere from $150-$600+ and anything the Sox do accepts credit cards Awesome thanks a bunch, I can't wait!!! :D:

SOX ADDICT '73
01-24-2006, 12:41 AM
I've been to SoxFest once before (last year), but missed the Q & A with Hawk, Ozzie, and Kenny. I plan to attend the 4:00 session this Saturday. What would be a good time to head over to the ballroom (or wherever it will be) if I want to get a seat in the middle-front area?

Also, for those of you coming on Saturday morning, what time do you plan on arriving at the Hyatt? Last year we naively got there half an hour before it started, and ended up in the last row of the roped-off section in the main ballroom :(: .

Rowandws33
01-24-2006, 12:53 AM
hey guys iam a soxfest regular and it seems to me this is the smallest number of guys i have ever seen at Soxfest. I dont recall there ever being this many guys singing by themselves before. I though that many of the guys would show up. I know they set the record last year with the most guys ever to show at soxfest. oooooooo well it will be fun anyway hoping to finish off my 2005 team autographs everyone i need will be there. I'll be wearing a Garland 52 jersey pretty sure iam the only Sox fan with that, so say hi if you see me peace guys..

Iwritecode
01-24-2006, 12:56 AM
I've been to SoxFest once before (last year), but missed the Q & A with Hawk, Ozzie, and Kenny. I plan to attend the 4:00 session this Saturday. What would be a good time to head over to the ballroom (or wherever it will be) if I want to get a seat in the middle-front area?

I'm betting there will be people for the 3:00 seminar and just stick around for the next one.

Also, for those of you coming on Saturday morning, what time do you plan on arriving at the Hyatt? Last year we naively got there half an hour before it started, and ended up in the last row of the roped-off section in the main ballroom :(: .

All I can tell you is that people start lining up to get in at 2 and 3AM.

I've gone down there around 7:30AM and ended up in the middle of the ballroom.

MUsoxfan
01-24-2006, 12:58 AM

Wow. I'll be saying hi to those people on the way back to my room after several cocktails. 2am seems a little extreme

BainesHOF
01-24-2006, 12:58 AM
There's no reason to get there THAT early.

Iwritecode
01-24-2006, 12:59 AM
what are my chances of getting lots of autographs??? am i pretty much locked into getting maybe one a day and im only going to make it out of the weekend with 3??? Im a rookie to soxfest and im pretty excited about it and im just wondering what to expect!

Set your schedule up to go to the tables with more than one guy signing. That's about the only way to get more. In past years they've had three guys at one table.

Also, if at all possible, hang out in the bar afterwards. The players usually show up later in the night and you can get some autos then.

gr8mexico
01-24-2006, 06:23 AM
hey guys iam a soxfest regular and it seems to me this is the smallest number of guys i have ever seen at Soxfest. I dont recall there ever being this many guys singing by themselves before. I though that many of the guys would show up. I know they set the record last year with the most guys ever to show at soxfest. oooooooo well it will be fun anyway hoping to finish off my 2005 team autographs everyone i need will be there. I'll be wearing a Garland 52 jersey pretty sure iam the only Sox fan with that, so say hi if you see me peace guys.. That's the same thing I'm trying to do finish my 2005 team autograph bat and yes this year is the smallest amount of guys attending. They should of paired then up because it would make it easier for us to get there autographs :D: .
</IMG>

rookieroy
01-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Wow...nothing more fun than burning that midnight oil on the floor of a hotel hallway and doing this.....:gulp:

Amazing.

DaveIsHere
01-24-2006, 11:46 AM
In all honesty, I do not feel like standing around for all hours. i want to have a good time, but I will not be waiting 6 hours to get into a seminar, that is stupid.

I should just sell my tickets if that is the case

Rocky Soprano
01-24-2006, 11:48 AM
In all honesty, I do not feel like standing around for all hours. i want to have a good time, but I will not be waiting 6 hours to get into a seminar, that is stupid.

If you sell, I will buy. :D:

DaveIsHere
01-24-2006, 11:52 AM
If you sell, I will buy. :D:

I will except a slight markup.

2 passes all weekend for $1,000,000 :D:

Iwritecode
01-24-2006, 11:53 AM

There's not usually a line for the seminars. Mostly it's for the autographs. The only thing about the seminars is that if you show up later, you may have to stand in the back.

The very first seminar on Friday night you might have to wait in line a little while. At least until they go through the opening cerimonies and start letting everyone go down to the bottom floor. There's usually a line that extends out the ballroom and up the stairs.

Rocky Soprano
01-24-2006, 11:53 AM

Sure do you accept checks? :D:

DaveIsHere
01-24-2006, 11:54 AM
There's not usually a line for the seminars. Mostly it's for the autographs. The only thing about the seminars is that if you show up later, you may have to stand in the back.

The very first seminar on Friday night you might have to wait in line a little while. At least until they go through the opening cerimonies and start letting everyone go down to the bottom floor. There's usually a line that extends out the ballroom and up the stairs.

What time do you suggest so that I do not miss the opening ceremony?

Hell i think i need someone to be my guide this weekend

Rocky Soprano
01-24-2006, 11:57 AM

Hell i think i need someone to be my guide this weekend

I'll be your guide. Just give me one of your tickets. :D:

DaveIsHere
01-24-2006, 11:58 AM
I'll be your guide. Just give me one of your tickets. :D:

I'm sure the wife would appreciate that, considering they were a present from her.

Too bad I already gave away my Sunday tickets

Rocky Soprano
01-24-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm sure the wife would appreciate that, considering they were a present from her.

Too bad I already gave away my Sunday tickets

Hey we can always send your wife and my wife shopping. :D:

Awesome present from your wife. She is a keeper!

It's actually my fault I didn't get tickets, I should of booked the first day they went on sale but decided to wait, oh well...

DaveIsHere
01-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Another question: Where are we going to able to smoke at?:D:

Iwritecode
01-24-2006, 12:52 PM

It's really hard to tell at this point. I'm hoping to get there around 1:30 but I've heard people say they want to start lining up at 10 or 11AM.

I'd say if you're there by 3 or later you might not get into the ballroom.

Iwritecode
01-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Another question: Where are we going to able to smoke at?:D:

Have you ever been there before?

There's a place just before you get to the main ballroom where you can have valet bring your car around to get stuff out or put stuff in. You can usually go out those doors and smoke.

SOX ADDICT '73
01-24-2006, 01:25 PM

Hey, I thought openly selling tickets for above face-value was a no-no around here! :tsk: :wink:

Dolly
01-25-2006, 01:17 AM
Sure do you accept checks? :D:He may not accept checks, but I think he will except checks. :tongue:

WCCMIKE
01-25-2006, 01:40 AM

I've gone down there around 7:30AM and ended up in the middle of the ballroom.

Wow...nothing more fun than burning that midnight oil on the floor of a hotel hallway and doing this.....:gulp:

Amazing.[/quote]You serious i guess my idea of getting there 3 hours before the doors open wont do me much good then:(:

tacosalbarojas
01-25-2006, 04:58 PM
hey guys iam a soxfest regular and it seems to me this is the smallest number of guys i have ever seen at Soxfest. I dont recall there ever being this many guys singing by themselves before. I though that many of the guys would show up. I know they set the record last year with the most guys ever to show at soxfest. oooooooo well it will be fun anyway hoping to finish off my 2005 team autographs everyone i need will be there. I'll be wearing a Garland 52 jersey pretty sure iam the only Sox fan with that, so say hi if you see me peace guys..I think the year before last there were only 5 or 6 players to attend - which if I recall correctly was the record low in terms of player attendance.

Ol Aches & Pains
01-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Have you ever been there before?

There's a place just before you get to the main ballroom where you can have valet bring your car around to get stuff out or put stuff in. You can usually go out those doors and smoke.

There's a pervasive odor of exhaust fumes from all those cars running in an enclosed area, but hey, if you smoke, you shouldn't mind, right?

Siestaclaud
01-26-2006, 01:32 PM
I plan to leave home at 9 AM tomorrow to get down to the Fest. I should make it there before 10 AM. I plan to mill about, and wait in line to get into the opening ceremonies if there is a line at that point.

My son will be with me, so we can take turns waiting I guess. And we can order lunch and eat it while sitting in line. I am sure there will be plenty of fans to visit with!

No game plan yet on who to wait in line for. Not interested in Thome. Would love to just shake Paulie's hand.

Just can't wait to take in more Sox magic!

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:O9OqMx-xviczdM:www.carolscrafts.com/images/lenox/091044%2520Dorothy.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.carolscrafts.com/images/lenox/091044%2520Dorothy.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.carolscrafts.com/Pages/Lenox/Lenox_OZ.htm&h=360&w=360&sz=34&tbnid=O9OqMx-xviczdM:&tbnh=117&tbnw=117&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddorothy%2Boz%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%2 6lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLG,GGLG:2005-47,GGLG:en) Claudia

LauraJ14
01-26-2006, 02:56 PM
I think the year before last there were only 5 or 6 players to attend - which if I recall correctly was the record low in terms of player attendance.

I have been going to Soxfest since 2001 and I don't remember a year where only 5 or 6 players attended.