PDA

View Full Version : For your merriment

Ol' No. 2
01-23-2006, 03:52 PM
I love these trade ideas that get sent in. This one's from Scott Merkin's mailbag (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060122&content_id=1299292&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws).
I have the perfect trade for both the North and the South Sides and I mailed my suggestion to Kenny Williams, next-day air for $13, but he didn't reply. So, I thought I'd bounce it off you.

The Cubs desperately need another starter and with the loss of Timo Perez, Willie Harris and Damaso Marte, the White Sox need a utility man that can play both infield and outfield and a left-handed setup man who can take a few innings from Neal Cotts.

So my suggestion was Jose Contreras, because the Sox have a surplus of starters, for Jerry Hairston, who can play both second base and outfield, and Will Ohman, a young left-handed setup man, who may not have the stuff Marte has, but he posted an earned-run average under 3.00 last year. Doesn't that sound good to you? Jim Hendry and Kenny should buy me lunch. What do you think?
-- Mike, Schererville, Ind.

Jjav829
01-23-2006, 03:55 PM
:KW
"Where do I sign?"

Ol' No. 2
01-23-2006, 04:01 PM
"Where do I sign?"I'm sure that's why he didn't respond. Under the radar.:rolleyes:

Palehose13
01-23-2006, 04:24 PM
...the White Sox need a utility man that can play both infield and outfield...

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20040411/Mackowiak_59156.jpg

"Ahem...Hi! Hello???"

Tekijawa
01-23-2006, 04:24 PM
I bet the Post Office shredded it before it landed on Kenny's desk because it was so bad!

Flight #24
01-23-2006, 05:05 PM
I bet the Post Office shredded it before it landed on Kenny's desk because it was so bad!

I'd guess that when Kenny Williams opened that envelope, the paper inside was ashamed of being used to convey such a ridiculous idea to the great Kenny Williams and spontaneously burst into flames!

(oh yeah, and Kenny opened the envelope with a roundhouse kick!:cool: )

TheOldRoman
01-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Wow, you can find anything on Google! I found a picture of the guy who sent that letter to Kenny...

:lynch&mcfail

DaleJRFan
01-23-2006, 06:07 PM

Kenny Williams read through the envelope with his X-Ray vision and promptly shreaded the entire package before anyone else was subjected to its stupidity.

Sox-o-matic
01-23-2006, 08:16 PM
I think I know who sent that in...

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150020.jpg "Come on Kenny, get me out of this place!!!"

Corlose 15
01-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Tell me that guy didn't really spend $13 to send that tripe to KW.

"Jerry there's no toilet pa....ah nevermind!!"

Ol' No. 2
01-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Tell me that guy didn't really spend $13 to send that tripe to KW.

"Jerry there's no toilet pa....ah nevermind!!"That's the really funny part. Apparently he was worried some other team was going to snap up Ohman and Hairston in the two days it would take his letter to get there by regular mail. :roflmao:

DSpivack
01-23-2006, 10:44 PM
You don't realize it, and neither does Hendry, but the Sox will trade the Cubs Juan Contreras. :redneck

SOXintheBURGH
01-24-2006, 02:05 AM
You don't realize it, and neither does Hendry, but the Sox will trade the Cubs Juan Contreras. :redneck

Reminds of the interleague game when Rey Ordonez homered at Wrigley and some Cub fan asked aloud in disbelief "When did the Cubs get Maggs?!!"

Stroker Ace
01-24-2006, 03:27 PM
I saw one the other day where some suggested the Sox should try to sign scammin sammy. wonder if the author of the letter was serious or just did it for comedic value.

White Sox Randy
01-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Haiston and Ohman would ensure a repeat for the Sox

thepaulbowski
01-24-2006, 04:31 PM

If it went by the Post Office it probably never got to Kenny's desk. It's probably stuck in West Texas right now. :cool:

Hangar18
01-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I love these trade ideas that get sent in. This one's from Scott Merkin's mailbag (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060122&content_id=1299292&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws).

This guy is absolutely, positively 100% Cub fan thru and thru. The whole tone of the letter is ridiculous. People, this is what I run into on a near daily basis. These really are some of the Dumbest Fans Ive ever met. Its unreal that were in the same city as they are ...........

ondafarm
01-24-2006, 06:48 PM
[quote=Flight #24]I'd guess that when Kenny Williams opened that envelope, the paper inside was ashamed of being used to convey such a ridiculous idea to the great Kenny Williams and spontaneously burst into flames![\quote]

[quote=DaleJRfan]Kenny Williams read through the envelope with his X-Ray vision and promptly shreaded the entire package before anyone else was subjected to its stupidity.[\quote]

KW did read it with his X-ray vision and then he used his heat vision to cause the envelope to burst into flames.

It's just a different frequency of the electromagnetic spectrum!!