PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 2005 White Sox moment

ChiSoxFan7
01-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Favorite moment all year?

personally, mine was scott's world series walk off home-run. I was at the game 10 rows up from where the ball fell. Pure Bliss.:cool:

JoeItalia7
01-22-2006, 08:26 PM
IT's so hard for me to pick just one moment. I agree, scotties home run to win the game. Konerkos grand slam was amazing, i mean how often does that happen. i could go on forever.

JUribe1989
01-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Top 5 Season Favorite Moments
1. AJ's Walkoff against Dodgers
2. Crede's Walkoff against Tribe
3. 3 HR in a row against Yankees to break out of slump
4. Buehrle's Opening Day shutout
5. CLINCHER

Top 5 Playoff Favorite Moments
1. Uribe's play in the stands
2. Konerko's grand slam
3. Podsednik's walk off
4. Dye's GW hit in Game 4
5. Iguchi's 3 run HR against Boston
:)

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-22-2006, 08:34 PM
I would go with winning the World Series.

soxinem1
01-22-2006, 08:52 PM
I'd have to say a season-long highlight reel, as you could not script a season like this one, never in a million years! From Sox Fest all the way to the Parade, this was a fantasy come true. All the nailbiters! The clutch pitching performances! Mercy!

Even if they win again this year, I don't know how they could top the way the 2005 season played out. 2005 was an exciting rollercoaster from Game 1 to Game 174.

DumpJerry
01-22-2006, 09:09 PM
April 3rd-October 26th counts as one moment in my book.:D:

1951Campbell
01-22-2006, 09:11 PM
El Duque in Boston is when winning it all seemed to become pre-ordained. After that, I just wasn't worried. Great teams get out of jams like that.

kevin57
01-22-2006, 09:24 PM
There are a dozen moments that are unforgettable; however, the 3rd out of the 4th game of the WS has to be by definition the greatest of them all.

y2j2785
01-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Regular Season Favorites:
Dye's Walkoff against Angels
Crede's Walkoff against Tigers
Piersynski's Walkoff against Dodgers
Dye's Grand Slam vs. Devil Rays(I was there and the place was ecstatic)
16 run game against the Rockies

Playoff Favorites:
Konerko's Slam
El Duque's Magical Inning
Scotty Walkoff HR
Uribe's catch
Scotty HR in Game 1 ALDS
Blum HR

esbrechtel
01-22-2006, 10:16 PM
Crede's walk off against the indians....followed closely by AJ's homerun against LA and as for the playoffs...shelling the former world champs in the first inning of game one of the playoffs...and winning it all of course!:supernana:

chisoxfanatic
01-22-2006, 10:19 PM
2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox! 'Nuff said! :cool:

An aside: Anything that happened at Puffers in the month of October!

RadioheadRocks
01-22-2006, 10:20 PM
El Duque in Boston is when winning it all seemed to become pre-ordained. After that, I just wasn't worried. Great teams get out of jams like that.

I'll second that. Enjoyed the first two games immensely, but that had to be the defining moment for me in terms of "hey, we just might win it all!"

"HOCUS POCUS SAYS HERNANDEZ!!!!!" :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Jerome
01-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Geoff Blum!!!

BV2005
01-23-2006, 01:51 AM
AJ stomping Boone

IlliniSox4Life
01-23-2006, 02:54 AM
I would go with winning the World Series.

I concur.

Baby Fisk
01-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Selig hands the trophy to Reinsdorf.

Hangar18
01-23-2006, 09:49 AM
My favorite SOX moment? AJ's walk-off home run. ElDuque magically cleaning up Martes mess. Watching clinching game 5 against the Angels,
but my favorite SOX moment would be simply, after the Friday nite game, just hanging out with a whole bunch of other SOX fans at an outdoor bar in SanDiego after our win. We overran the place and I remember thinking that this place reminds me of Jimbos after a game, except we were 2000 miles away from home. it was a special moment in a possibly special season.

Hangar18
01-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Watching Big Frank almost break down, at the Parade too.
Hearing Bruce Levine on the radio, practically breaking down with excitement reporting after the WS win .............

ChiSoxGirl
01-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Hearing Bruce Levine on the radio, practically breaking down with excitement reporting after the WS win .............

I downloaded the clip of Levine in the locker room from Silvy & Carmen's homepage the other day and the more I listen to it, the more I thought that he sounds like he really *was* crying when he was interviewing Paul Konerko and when he says to John Rooney, "I'll tell you what, I haven't been this excited in a long time, John." A truly unforgettable moment.

RallyBowl
01-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I always say A.J.'s Walkoff. Say what you want about this, but as soon as that happened I felt I knew we were going to win it all.

I was watching the game with my wife and daughter, and when it happened we all started jumping and screaming. I immediately called my brother, and when he answered we both screamed at the same time "We're gonna win the whole ****ing thing!!!!!!!". I will always remember that day.

But a close second and third is Pod's walkoff, and Paulie's first-pitch GS against the Angels. To which I take partial credit, as I had just sparked the RB and was exhaling as he connected. :cool:

chisoxmike
01-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Regular season:
-AJ walkoff vs. Dodgers
-Opening Day

Postseason:
-Pods walk off
-Konerko slam
-Iguchi 3-R HR
-El Duque vs. Red Sox (i was listening to it on the radio at work, when he got out #3 i started screaming "yes!!")

ChiSoxGirl
01-23-2006, 11:34 AM
10.26.05, 11:01p CDT. You all know what happened then.
Selig handing the trophy to Jerry Reinsdorf and him breaking down on camera, showing just how important the World Series Championship is to him.
The entire Ticker Tape Parade experience.
Every single moment I spent at Puffers in the month of October, no matter how sleep deprived I was.
Podsednik's walk-off.
Konerko's slam.
Game 1 of the World Series and tailgating with the alohas & co. beforehand.
Game 2 of the ALCS.
El Duque's performance in the bottom of the 6th inning in Game 3 of the ALDS.
Game 2 of the ALDS/Iguchi's homerun.
Core of the Core Night.
Buehrls petitioning for Pods to be voted in as the 32nd man on the All-Star team.
A.J.'s walk-off against the Dodgers.
Podsednik swiping 4 bases on a Saturday night in mid-May against the Orioles.
Buehrle's 1:39, 12 K gem against Seattle.

soxfan13
01-23-2006, 12:30 PM
The final out of game 4 of the World Series. That meant the dream was finally reality:D:

mjharrison72
01-23-2006, 12:43 PM
My favorite moment, because I was there, would have to be the Crede double off the wall to score Ozuna in Game 2 of the ALCS... it was a game the Angels lookec completely in control of, at least from a pitching standpoint... our hitters couldn't do squat, then AJ "got to first with Doug Eddings," Ozuna gets the pinch-run SB, and Crede hit that shot.

Another great game I was at, and I hate to mention it, was the Halfway to St. Patrick's Day game... the Sox lost, but it was an unbelievable game, tons of close calls, and the angels anded up winning on what was one of the most bizarre plays I've ever seen: Vlad Guererro scoring from second on a sac bunt. Isn't that how it happened? Correct me if I'm wrong.

starboy0
01-23-2006, 12:48 PM
So many moments indeed. But as far as the games I was at:

1) AJ's walkoff against the Dodgers. Then the fireworks. Just a beautiful night all around.

2) The first game I went to was Buehrle's 1h 39m masterpiece against Seattle April 16th. It was just a gorgeous warm (70) perfect day and he was mowing them down!

MUScholar21
01-23-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned this, but my favorite moment was the May 30 game against the Angels, when #35 made his first appearance; despite all the crap over the years, all the complaining from everyone, as soon as his name was announced he got a 2 minute standing ovation. It seemed like everyone there knew it was his last year in a Sox uniform, and it was an opportunity to express our appreciation.

Granted, I'm a little biased because I was there, but it gave me chills. I'm not discounting 10/26/05, or El Duque in Boston, or Pierzynski's walk off - I can tell you now everything that happened those days and where I was and what I was feeling at the time these events happened. But Frank's first at bat was really cool.

thomas35forever
01-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Pierzynski's walk-off HR against the Dodgers tops my list. Also up there is Frank's game-winning homer against the Tigers, The Strikeout That Wasn't, Podsednik's WS home run, Uribe's dive into the stands, and the final out.

Railsplitter
01-23-2006, 06:26 PM
The next to last out of the Series.

churlish
01-23-2006, 06:36 PM
There are a dozen moments that are unforgettable; however, the 3rd out of the 4th game of the WS has to be by definition the greatest of them all.
Truer words were never spoken.

MUsoxfan
01-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Regular Season: Crede's walk-off vs. Cleveland. I was down and out about the "collapse" at that point, and Crede provided that spark I needed and the team needed.

Post-Season: Pods' walk-off. That was a great, great moment

sox1970
01-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Favorite Sox moment other than the obvious--September 20 vs. Cleveland

Uribe's throwing out Coco Crisp to save a run in the 9th, followed by Crede's walkoff homerun, followed by the most fun I've ever had exiting US Cellular Field. The fans were absolutely going nuts walking down those ramps. And if you were there, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Unfortunately I did not go to any postseason games, but I'm sure Game 2 of the World Series and Game 2 of the ALCS were the same way.

IlliniSox4Life
01-23-2006, 06:49 PM
My absolute favorite moment was game 2 of the ALCS. The one playoff game I managed to get tickets too, and the first Sox game all year I went to with my dad and brothers. Went with friends a lot, but never got around to going with my dad and bros before then. Anyway, you all know the story of what happened, but sharing that with them made it unforgetable.

leens01
01-23-2006, 09:28 PM
I would have to say Joey's walk-off against the Indians was the best game I was at. My dad couldn't go and gave us tickets behind the Tribe's dugout. It was the first time I wore my green and white jersey that I had to continue to wear throughout the rest of the season and post season. I even made it to the jumbo tron while biting my nails in one of the many ups and downs of the game. When Joey hit that ball, though, the crowd went nuts. It was so much fun and everyone around me was totally into the game.

TommyJohn
01-23-2006, 09:57 PM
The September 20 game against Cleveland: Uribe's play and Crede's game
winner are undoubtedly the plays of the year.

hosieryofthegods
01-24-2006, 12:23 AM
As I traveled through most of the season, I really only got to see about 50 games or so last year, including the playoffs. I would have to say one of my favorite things last season was the dodgers game broadcast with the old time graphics. That was a really great game to watch.

chisoxfanatic
01-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Some of my students seem to be living under a rock...I put for the last question on my final exam:

50. The Chicago White Sox defeated the Houston Astros in the 2005 World Series and are currently the defending champions of Major League Baseball.
a. True b. False

So far, several of them marked "b"! :o:

Siestaclaud
01-26-2006, 10:14 AM
[quote=mjharrison72]My favorite moment, because I was there, would have to be the Crede double off the wall to score Ozuna in Game 2 of the ALCS... it was a game the Angels lookec completely in control of, at least from a pitching standpoint... our hitters couldn't do squat, then AJ "got to first with Doug Eddings," Ozuna gets the pinch-run SB, and Crede hit that shot.

I totally agree with MJ here. I was there too, and yes - maybe you just had to be there to get it. This play was the final nail - push - spark - whatever you want to call it. It willed them on to win it all.

I was sure we were going to extra innings. And when Crede smacked that double, I have never in my life seen a crowd go so insane - nuts - bananas! No one left the park after that we just screamed on and on and on! ~It was the most awesome moment of the 2005 season for me!
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:8PI0ES44V5O-SM:i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/baseball/mlb/specials/postseason/2005/10/12/bc.bba.alcs.game2.ap/t1_1012_crede_getty.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/baseball/mlb/specials/postseason/2005/10/12/bc.bba.alcs.game2.ap/t1_1012_crede_getty.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cnn.com/si/2005/baseball/mlb/specials/postseason/2005/10/12/bc.bba.alcs.game2.ap/&h=300&w=300&sz=22&tbnid=8PI0ES44V5O-SM:&tbnh=111&tbnw=111&hl=en&start=5&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcrede%2Bdouble%2Balcs%26svnum%3D10%26 hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLG,GGLG:2005-47,GGLG:en%26sa%3DN)

Claudia

Sxy Mofo
01-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Reg Season:
1. Crede's walk off vs. the indians during the slump
2. AJP's walk off vs. the dodgers
3. frank thomas homer at coors in a meaningless game
4. timo's walk off hit on memorial day

2. Pods walk off
3. Crede's double
3. Uribe's catch in the stands. Where you at derek jeter?
3. The duke's inning
3. blum's hr
4. the first inning vs. the red sox, esp AJ's homer (we can score in the playoffs?)
5. Iguchi's hr off wells curve.
6. AJ's strikeout.
7. the four complete games.
8. crede's homer vs. the astros in the first game.
9. uribe's play for the final out.
10. The five run fifth off oswalt, esp AJ's double to center.

Looking back on this, AJ sure had a hand in some huge innings...

MsSoxVixen22
01-26-2006, 10:24 AM
There's too many:
When El Duque struck out the side when the BoSux had bases loaded and Farmio's comment afterward "Give him the hat, the cape and the wand and he'll pull a rabbit out of his hat."

When AJ hit that walk off home run against the Dodgers

When Crede hit the game winning home run and Hawk's "JOOOOEE CCREEDDE!"

When Pods hit his walk off home run and the guys mobbing him when he cam home. And Aaron saying Oh My God...Oh My God! I was saying the same thing!

And of course when the SOX won the WS!

Sxy Mofo
01-26-2006, 10:28 AM
I forgot one... when that old lady had that sign "i've been waiting 92 years for this day" and she was so happy with paullie hit that slam.

That was awesome.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Regular Season:
:hawk

JOE CREDE!!! Was at the game, the home run was a few rows lower than where I was sitting.

2. Detroit Clincher - high fiving Reinsdorf & Kenny after the win.

Postseason

1. Paul Konerko's Grand Slam in Game 2.
2. Joe Crede's double to end Game 2 after

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2005/10/12/2002557627.jpg

"Don't Cry Out Loud!"
</IMG></IMG>

SouthSide_HitMen
01-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Some of my students seem to be living under a rock...I put for the last question on my final exam:

50. The Chicago White Sox defeated the Houston Astros in the 2005 World Series and are currently the defending champions of Major League Baseball.
a. True b. False

So far, several of them marked "b"! :o:

I think they are just messing with you.
</IMG>

crazyozzie02
01-26-2006, 01:54 PM
I know this is a lot of peoples favorites, but AJ's walf-off was just soo cool. There was just something about that moment that took my breath away. That was the moment that i knew this team was something special.

ChiSoxNationPres
01-26-2006, 04:10 PM
My favorite SOX moment? AJ's walk-off home run. ElDuque magically cleaning up Martes mess. Watching clinching game 5 against the Angels,
but my favorite SOX moment would be simply, after the Friday nite game, just hanging out with a whole bunch of other SOX fans at an outdoor bar in SanDiego after our win. We overran the place and I remember thinking that this place reminds me of Jimbos after a game, except we were 2000 miles away from home. it was a special moment in a possibly special season.

I was also at the san diego series, highlighted with the rowand 3 run homer to win it.