PDA

View Full Version : Have you cried over the World Series Championship lately?

chisoxfanatic
01-21-2006, 09:04 PM
This offseason has definitely been among the most emotional for Sox fans everywhere. We have all waited our entire lives to witness what we did three months ago. When was the last time you found yourself crying tears of joy over our beloved World Series Champion Chicago White Sox?

sox1970
01-21-2006, 09:18 PM
A couple weeks ago when I watched the DVD. The trophy getting handed to Reinsdorf gets me every time.

chisoxfanatic
01-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Last night, I couldn't sleep, so I poped in my tape of Game 4 of the World Series and watched it entirely! I cried during the entire second half, as well as the post-game festivities and rally from Comcast.

batmanZoSo
01-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Must be a chick thing. :D:

IronFisk
01-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Regularly. I wouldn't go so far as to cry (sobs and all) - but tearing, but bet!

To be honest, I don't think I have ever felt so emotional over a title - ever. I seriously thought it would never happen, since IMO, baseball's playoff's are by far the toughest of all.

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-21-2006, 10:09 PM
On my Sirius, I memo'd Thunderstruck, so when it comes on one of the channels, I get an alert so I can switch over and listen to it. When it starts to build, I think about Gene Honda...and I get goosebumps and a little teary eyed. I truly believe that will never change.

JohnBasedowYoda
01-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Last night, I couldn't sleep, so I poped in my tape of Game 4 of the World Series and watched it entirely! I cried during the entire second half, as well as the post-game festivities and rally from Comcast.

My favorite part is when in the 9th inning they show all they players waiting for the last out or two.

TheDarkGundam
01-21-2006, 10:29 PM
http://twoxfour.com/webfiles/soxweb/SOXChampagneAd.jpg

kevin57
01-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Geez, I'd like to cry but nobody in my family is much of a Sox fan. Mostly, they're kind of "non-commital." My dad "tolerated" the first time I ran the "Sox Pride" DVD, but after that, it was, "That again?" :(:

itsnotrequired
01-21-2006, 11:22 PM
A couple weeks ago when I watched the DVD. The trophy getting handed to Reinsdorf gets me every time.

Those DVDs get me every time. Even for the highlights in the game. Oneof my favorites is on the WS DVD when Pods is batting in game 2 of the WS.

"On any given day, on any given pitch..."

:whiner:

buehrle4cy05
01-21-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm not a guy who cries very often.

The 2005 White Sox have made my cry on many occaisions.:whiner:

1951Campbell
01-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Last night. Couldn't sleep. No lie.

Stroker Ace
01-21-2006, 11:49 PM
While watching the World Series hilights DVD, I've found my self yelling "Get outta here!" while seeing Pod's walk-off shot.

itsnotrequired
01-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Last night. Couldn't sleep. No lie.

I was able to pull it off last night but there have been a few nights here and there for me that were a total waste of time.

Just wait until that first Spring Traning game is on TV or when the WS DVDs come out.:o:

chisoxfanatic
01-21-2006, 11:59 PM
The 2005 White Sox have made my cry on many occaisions.:whiner:

I totally know that feeling!

But, I'd say that I am a pretty emotional woman myself.

chisoxfanatic
01-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Just wait until that first Spring Traning game is on TV or when the WS DVDs come out.:o:

Oh, god, and what about Opening Night!!! I'll be sitting in 149 Row 10 probably crying my eyes out even more than EVER when I see that banner being raised...Can any of you imagine right now what emotions will be running through you on Opening Night?

An aside question: Has this whole thing about being World Series Champions hit you yet?

ChiSoxGirl
01-22-2006, 12:09 AM
When was the last time you found yourself crying tears of joy over our beloved World Series Champion Chicago White Sox?

Last night when watching the MLB World Series DVD! :whiner: I don't care how many times I've seen that DVD, I cry at the same parts each time- the Podsednik walkoff (usually when he's talking about seeing Raines throwing his arm up in the air, indicating the ball went into the stands), and from the time Pierzynki jumps on Jenks- and all you hear is that dramatic music- until the very end.

And I don't know why, but I have a funny feeling that if I have a comment and/or question in one of the seminars next weekend at SoxFest, I may be crying while expressing my gratitude and appreciation for everything the team did for us.

itsnotrequired
01-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Oh, god, and what about Opening Night!!! I'll be sitting in 149 Row 10 probably crying my eyes out even more than EVER when I see that banner being raised...Can any of you imagine right now what emotions will be running through you on Opening Night?

No doubt. I'll be in the upper tank but will be sitting with my wife and (at that time) 7 month old son. His first game, our first Opening Day...man, it is going to rule!

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

chisoxfanatic
01-22-2006, 12:11 AM
No doubt. I'll be in the upper tank but will be sitting with my wife and (at that time) 7 month old son. His first game, our first Opening Day...man, it is going to rule!

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

This'll be my first Opening Day too! There BETTER be a huge WSI tailgate!!! :)

itsnotrequired
01-22-2006, 12:13 AM
This'll be my first Opening Day too! There BETTER be a huge WSI tailgate!!! :)
We will be showing up early and getting a certificate.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_guide_dir.jsp#FirstGameCertificates

Total, classic street cred 20 years from now.:D:

AWhiteSoxWinner
01-22-2006, 08:37 AM
On several occasions, I have found myself simply in shock and awe like I can't believe what I am watching /hearing rather than tears. Probably the most sentimental feeling I have about the whole experience is that I got to watch and celebrate all four WS games with my Dad.:D: </IMG>

MiamiSpartan
01-22-2006, 10:53 AM
When my DVD arrived in the mail ata then end of November. I watched it and cried once again. Tears will probably flow every time I watch it.

MarySwiss
01-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Yesterday, when I watched the parade tape. Again.

I also chin-wobble whenever I see ANYTHING that says World Champion Chicago White Sox on it. In today's Republic, there was a thing in the Travel section about Tucson and it mentioned spring training tickets to see the World Champion Chicago White Sox and the Diamondbacks. There I went! I even got mushy just now typing World...World... :whiner:

Law11
01-22-2006, 11:50 AM
The only time tears came down for me was when we clinched the A.L.
I havent shed one since...

RallyBowl
01-22-2006, 12:29 PM
When they replayed the games on comcast. I got a little misty eyed after game 4. Most recently, last Sunday. Although the Bears losing and 5 pitchers of beer also played a small role.

shbart
01-22-2006, 12:55 PM
The tears have subsided over the past couple months, but the overwhelming awe is still there. Re-watching the games I just marvel at how often we benefited from good fortune. Not to take anything away from the most incredible post season, but so many things went our way that normally don't, it's numbing.

We all remember Graffinino's error and Pierzynski's strikeout, but both times there was a follow up action that we capatilized from (Iguchi's homer, Crede's double). Are those really my White Sox?!

What about El Duque in ALDS Game 3? Sure it was a great performance, but he easily could of walked in a run if either of the last two hitters had shown just a little more bat control. No...these can't be my White Sox...the baseball Godz are shinning on us?!

The 14 Inning Game against Houston. It seemed like every inning after the 9th we somehow got out of a jam. Even in the last of the 14th, with a 2 run lead, Uribe, the guy who we will remember as having a great defensive series, boots a ball to put runners on the corners instead of winning the game. As long suffering Sox fans we know what that use to mean...
but no, Buehrle gets the next guy and we're up 3-0.....just f'ing amazing!
It's also what makes baseball such a great game :smile:

SOXSINCE'70
01-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Every time I watch the Sox DVD's or think about what it will look
like when the team raises the flag that reads 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS.
:whiner: :whiner:

Baby Fisk
01-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Yup. :redface:

soxfanreggie
01-22-2006, 08:34 PM
When I was listening to Don't Stop Believing, I definitely got some tears in the eyes.

soxinem1
01-22-2006, 10:04 PM
I find myself getting a little blury after watching any 'clinching DVD, and the 'Pride' one too. Still cannot believe it! I usually put one of the World Series Champion hats by my bed now in case I have a nightmare that it was all a dream.

1951Campbell
01-22-2006, 10:18 PM
An aside question: Has this whole thing about being World Series Champions hit you yet?

It's little things that remind me. There's an ad on Fox seemingly every year where they tout all the sports they cover. Dramatic, portentious music, you know, the whole nine. Anyway, this year...one of the shots is AJ jumping into Jenks' arms. I thought, that's usually the Red Sox, or Angels, or Yankees, or Marlins...but this time, it's my guys.

Bucky F. Dent
01-22-2006, 11:03 PM
I haven't cried about it, but I started a new job at the first of the year, and have managed to make a couple of Cub fans in the office shed a few tears....so that's nice!

chisoxfanatic
01-22-2006, 11:23 PM
I find myself getting a little blury after watching any 'clinching DVD, and the 'Pride' one too. Still cannot believe it! I usually put one of the World Series Champion hats by my bed now in case I have a nightmare that it was all a dream.

I have that covered, as I have strategically placed my 3 X 5 foot World Series Champions banner in my bedroom across from my bed. It looks beautiful right there on my wall! :smile:

SoxFan76
01-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Whenever I see Selig hand the trophy to Reinsdorf I cry.

"20 years ago, Buddy, you got me into this business."

Shafe72
01-23-2006, 12:15 PM
especially when I walk over the St. Mary's Street Bridge heading to class at BU. I look over at Fenway Park with the White Sox intro music playing on my headphones, smiling as I remember that magical three week stretch in October.

It feels so good to know what the White Sox accomplished this past season, especially after having lived in Boston for five years and experiencing all the Red Cubs' sob stories being shoved down your throat by the East Coast media.

The looks of condescension have been replaced with looks of envy, especially with how this off season has played out.