PDA

View Full Version : World Series Parade DVD?

MarySwiss
01-21-2006, 03:58 PM
I did a search on this but couldn't find anything about it.

IMO, much as I like the WS and Sox Pride DVDs, the parade beats them both. My tape of the WS parade is wearing out, probably because I''ve watched it a zillion times. Has anyone heard whether MLB or WGN or Comcast has plans to bring out a DVD of it?

zach074
01-21-2006, 04:08 PM
I did a search on this but couldn't find anything about it.

IMO, much as I like the WS and Sox Pride DVDs, the parade beats them both. My tape of the WS parade is wearing out, probably because I''ve watched it a zillion times. Has anyone heard whether MLB or WGN or Comcast has plans to bring out a DVD of it?

The sox pride DVD has the entire parade on their as an extra feature.

MarySwiss
01-21-2006, 04:13 PM

Wow, great! I didn't watch all the extra features, but I will now. Thanks!

chisoxmike
01-21-2006, 04:16 PM

What Sox Pride DVD did you get? :?:

The extra feature is 5mins of B-roll shot from the busses.

doublem23
01-21-2006, 04:18 PM
What Sox Pride DVD did you get? :?:

That's what I was wondering. There's some stuff of the parade, but it's not the entire CSN broadcast. Mine is a camera guy on the bus with A.J. driving through some neighborhoods.

Milw
01-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Not hardly. It's got snippets from the parade, but nothing from the rally itself. It's something, but it's a major stretch to say its the "entire parade."

zach074
01-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Not hardly. It's got snippets from the parade, but nothing from the rally itself. It's something, but it's a major stretch to say its the "entire parade."
Whoops, i never actually watched it but i thought it was the entire thing.

chisoxmike
01-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Whoops, i never actually watched it but i thought it was the entire thing.

FAR from it.

MarySwiss
01-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Okay, I just went and checked out my Sox Pride DVD and all it had was some disjointed scenes, with no narration. Bummer!

I taped the WGN coverage, which was about four hours long and included the stuff on the stage. So I guess that I have to wait to see if WGN reruns it.

BTW, the World Series DVD was just on cable out here.

zach074
01-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Okay, I just went and checked out my Sox Pride DVD and all it had was some disjointed scenes, with no narration. Bummer!

I taped the WGN coverage, which was about four hours long and included the stuff on the stage. So I guess that I have to wait to see if WGN reruns it.

BTW, the World Series DVD was just on cable out here.

Yea, sorry about that I thought it was the whole thing i watched it today and realized i am an idiot.

MarySwiss
01-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Yea, sorry about that I thought it was the whole thing i watched it today and realized i am an idiot.

No, you're not. The idiot is the person at Comcast who thought this qualified as "bonus" coverage. I'd guess that there were any number of Sox fans out there with camcorders who could've turned in much better "bonus" footage. This parade bonus coverage was, in a word, pathetic.

DieTrying79
01-21-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm wondering if the DVD set of the entire World Series put out by A and E this coming March will have the entire parade footage? Fingers crossed, I sure hope so. I was one of those lucky Directv customers who got not only the entire replaying of the post-season blacked out, but also the parade. That was just brutal...

ChiSoxGirl
01-22-2006, 12:23 AM
I'm wondering if the DVD set of the entire World Series put out by A and E this coming March will have the entire parade footage? Fingers crossed, I sure hope so. I was one of those lucky Directv customers who got not only the entire replaying of the post-season blacked out, but also the parade. That was just brutal...

My tape of the parade is coming with me to Cali. in April, as my uncle hasn't seen it, either, so if you can wait a couple more months, you can watch it! :cool:

chisoxfanatic
01-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Wasn't this supposed to be included in the 7-DVD set coming out in March?

BainesHOF
01-22-2006, 01:17 AM
I've got the Comcast and ABC versions of the parade/rally on DVD.

I'll never forget that day. I arrived with a friend at the intersection by the bridge at 7:30 a.m. and it was well worth the wait. In some ways, the parade and rally were every bit as good as the games, and certainly unique. Major kudos to Mayor Daley and his staff for pulling off everything perfectly. Heck, even the TV coverage was excellent as it followed the caravan through the city.