PDA

View Full Version : Pack your bags Ms. Benson

monkeypants
01-21-2006, 12:51 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5266210

The Mets trade Kris Benson to Baltimore for Jorge Julio and a prospect.

SOXintheBURGH
01-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Whoa..

Watch Leo turn Benson into the ace he was supposed to be.

Fenway
01-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Whoa..

Watch Leo turn Benson into the ace he was supposed to be.

perfect city for Mrs. Benson plenty of crabcakes :tongue:

Baltimore is the mystery team in the AL East....

beckett21
01-21-2006, 01:21 PM

The only mystery is whether or not they will lose 100 games. :D:

Brian26
01-21-2006, 01:24 PM
I guess Baltimore is better than Kansas City, right?

beckett21
01-21-2006, 01:41 PM
I guess Baltimore is better than Kansas City, right?

One would think.

Baltimore just doesn't look like a very good team to me right now. Miguel Tejada seemed to be thinking the same thing. :D:

KRS1
01-21-2006, 02:19 PM
John Maine is pretty good, he hits all his spots but doesnt have any really amazing pitches. Basically, the Mets dump a salary for a good reliever and a young pitcher with average pitches across the board, not bad.

WSox8404
01-21-2006, 03:39 PM
perfect city for Mrs. Benson plenty of crabcakes :tongue:

I wouldn't say mystery team. I honestly belive as constructed now that they will lose at least 90 games.

Tragg
01-21-2006, 03:54 PM
I think Toronto is the overrated team in that division. I'm not sold on the back end of their rotation, or their defense to support it. They'll score more. As it is, they were only .500 last year.

Baltimore was close to us for the best record in baseball through mid May. Their pitching then fell apart. Well, they've added a couple of starting pitchers this off-season. I think they'll be 500ish.

SOXintheBURGH
01-21-2006, 03:56 PM
I think Toronto is the overrated team in that division. I'm not sold on the back end of their rotation, or their defense to support it. They'll score more. As it is, they were only .500 last year.

Baltimore was close to us for the best record in baseball through mid May. Their pitching then fell apart. Well, they've added a couple of starting pitchers this off-season. I think they'll be 500ish.

Agreed, I'm not sold on Toronto at all. Spending a lot of money on one overrated starter and a closer of all things. That'll push you over NYY.:rolleyes:

Balmer has a pretty okay, merely just okay, line up but pitching seems to improved pretty well over all. Baltimore takes 3rd in the AL East, 83-79.

Tragg
01-21-2006, 04:21 PM
What does this deal do for the Mets? They get a middle of the road middle reliever and a good, not great prospect, for a pitcher who can certainly make most rotations in the game.

DumpJerry
01-21-2006, 05:02 PM
I suppose Palmiero and Scammy are upset now. This explains why Tejada wants to stay.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-21-2006, 05:17 PM
What does this deal do for the Mets? They get a middle of the road middle reliever and a good, not great prospect, for a pitcher who can certainly make most rotations in the game.

They clear $15 mil off of their payroll (06-07) less the $3 mil or so Julio will get. They also clear Anna Benson out of Queens which could be priceless.

The Mets are my second favorite team and I like the deal. Julio could be OK. I didn't like the Zambrano deal (Minaya inherited a mess but at least he has the cash to help get out of it). Delgado, Wagner and Lo Duca are good pick ups and their bullpen has some help for next year. They are a 1 or 2 starters away from competing for the NL pennant.

caulfield12
01-21-2006, 05:45 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5266210

The Mets trade Kris Benson to Baltimore for Jorge Julio and a prospect.

I dont see why there is all this fascination with Anna Benson.

Here in Colombia, South America, there are 25 girls out of 100 with better silicone or saline implants and 50% are better looking.

The Wimperoo
01-21-2006, 09:26 PM

There's rumors that Zito may be coming to the Mets now. Who knows the validity, but that is something being thrown out there right now. Check out metsblog for more details on the rumors. That's where I saw it.

SOXSINCE'70
01-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Life in Maryland just got a bit more interesting with that trade.:D: