PDA

View Full Version : SoxFest in one week!

leens01
01-20-2006, 05:29 PM
I am so excited that SoxFest is in one week. I just found out that I don't have to work on Sunday so I get to stay all three days with my family! So, where is everyone going Saturday night and how am I going to find you all?

Wsoxmike59
01-20-2006, 06:04 PM
I'll be there with Soxwon. He'll bring name tags and that way we can tell who is who.

I can hardly wait. Soxfest is like having Festivus in January!! :D:

JGarlandrules20
01-20-2006, 07:07 PM
I'll be there Friday for the third year in a row. My dad just landed tickets. I'm so happy. :smile:

I remember last year I saw quite a few WSI people, it was weeirrrdd.

TheDarkGundam
01-20-2006, 08:06 PM
No one knows the schedule yet, do they?

C-Dawg
01-20-2006, 08:51 PM
I'll be there with Soxwon. He'll bring name tags and that way we can tell who is who.

Does he carry them around all weekend with him? I remember seeing him wandering around last year but forgot to ask him about the nametags.

JGarlandrules20
01-20-2006, 08:57 PM
No one knows the schedule yet, do they? They don't release that until a few days before the fest begins. It's annoying.

chisoxfanatic
01-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Have fun at Sox Fest, guys! I was gonna go; but, my boyfriend just booked a flight to come visit me from out of town, and nurturing this long distance relationship is very important.

Take lots of pictures and POST THEM in the photo gallery!

Oh, and if I don't see you before Opening Night, then I'll see you at the World Series Banner Ceremony (or the tailgate before), where we finally get to see a brand new banner hung at our beloved Comiskey Park!

bafiarocks03
01-20-2006, 09:48 PM
WooT WooT!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!:D: :D:

South Side
01-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Sorry, I am not sure if this is appropriate but does anyone have 2 tickets for Saturday that they are not using. It would be greatly appreciated however, I'm not holding my breath. Thanks.

jake5824
01-21-2006, 10:39 PM
im looking forward to soxfest this year but i think ill hate it once i arrive and see the huge amounts of people and long lines. my goal is to get a seat for the Q & A with ozzie and kenny

Fredsox
01-22-2006, 05:42 AM
Do we have a designated reporter who will summarize the highlights?

gr8mexico
01-22-2006, 09:31 AM
im looking forward to soxfest this year but i think ill hate it once i arrive and see the huge amounts of people and long lines. my goal is to get a seat for the Q & A with ozzie and kenny I still believe that there will be the same amount of people. I don't think that the Sox sold extra amount of tickets for Soxfest. I still think the best day would be on Friday when everyone would be introduced. This year fewer players are attending then last year. Last year we had a record amount of players attending and what happend to Mark he wasn't there last year and he wont be here this year. He makes sure to attend the Cardinals Dinner Banquet every year but he cant make Soxfest this year.

TornLabrum
01-22-2006, 09:55 AM
I still believe that there will be the same amount of people. I don't think that the Sox sold extra amount of tickets for Soxfest. I still think the best day would be on Friday when everyone would be introduced. This year fewer players are attending then last year. Last year we had a record amount of players attending and what happend to Mark he wasn't there last year and he wont be here this year. He makes sure to attend the Cardinals Dinner Banquet every year but he cant make Soxfest this year.

That's because he really wants to play for the Cardinals.

delben91
01-22-2006, 10:02 AM
That's because he really wants to play for the Cardinals.

Cue up about 8 conspiracy threads on the topic now. :tongue:

whitesoxwilkes
01-22-2006, 10:12 AM
I still believe that there will be the same amount of people. I don't think that the Sox sold extra amount of tickets for Soxfest. I still think the best day would be on Friday when everyone would be introduced. This year fewer players are attending then last year. Last year we had a record amount of players attending and what happend to Mark he wasn't there last year and he wont be here this year. He makes sure to attend the Cardinals Dinner Banquet every year but he cant make Soxfest this year.

They haven't announced the complete list of attendees yet. I'm pretty sure Mark will be there.

JGarlandrules20
01-22-2006, 10:58 AM
They haven't announced the complete list of attendees yet. I'm pretty sure Mark will be there. Ooh, okay. I thought the list looked really short. There were hardly any former players.

I heard Mark might not be there because of his honeymoon? Or something. Even though I swore he got married in mid December.

And, according to my calculations, hah...the schedule should be out by Tuesday. I found last years schedule and it came out the 11th, when the fest started the 14th.:smile:

BainesHOF
01-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Ah, the ol' honeymoon trick, second only to visa problems.

I think many players who marry in the offseason purposely schedule their honeymoon during Soxfest to avoid it. I mean it's a long winter and there's been an awful lot of honeymoons scheduled on Soxfest over the years.

gr8mexico
01-22-2006, 12:18 PM
They haven't announced the complete list of attendees yet. I'm pretty sure Mark will be there. I bet you a ice cold beer that Mark wont be there. They usually don't add that many players at the end. This year they should of tried to have most of the team attend and start the year right.

TornLabrum
01-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Ooh, okay. I thought the list looked really short. There were hardly any former players.

I heard Mark might not be there because of his honeymoon? Or something. Even though I swore he got married in mid December.

And, according to my calculations, hah...the schedule should be out by Tuesday. I found last years schedule and it came out the 11th, when the fest started the 14th.:smile:

The former players won't be there this weekend, only current players. The Sox want to honor the World Series champions this year.

gr8mexico
01-22-2006, 04:18 PM
The former players won't be there this weekend, only current players. The Sox want to honor the World Series champions this year. They want to honor the team but less then half the team will be there. I'm just looking forward to your booth and pulling pencils all day:tongue:

Palehose13
01-22-2006, 04:42 PM
They want to honor the team but less then half the team will be there. I'm just looking forward to your booth and pulling pencils all day:tongue:

Actually, more than half of them will be there. 14 out of 25 plus most of the coaching staff, radio crew and Hawk, and front office guys isn't shabby. Unless you guys would like to do a caravan like they do here in Milwaukee where you only get 2 or 3 players at mall for 4 hours.

Here is the list: Brian Anderson, Neal Cotts, Joe Crede, Jermaine Dye, Jon Garland, Bobby Jenks, Rob Mackowiak, Paul Konerko, Brandon McCarthy, A.J. Pierzynski, Scott Podsednik, Cliff Politte, Jim Thome, Chris Widger.

Looks to me like Buehrle and Hermanson are the only guys that reside in this country who are not going to be there. I personally don't blame guys that live in other countries for not coming. I think it's great if they do, but I don't hold it against them if they don't.

gr8mexico
01-22-2006, 05:28 PM
:redneck :redneck Actually, more than half of them will be there. 14 out of 25 plus most of the coaching staff, radio crew and Hawk, and front office guys isn't shabby. Unless you guys would like to do a caravan like they do here in Milwaukee where you only get 2 or 3 players at mall for 4 hours.

Here is the list: Brian Anderson, Neal Cotts, Joe Crede, Jermaine Dye, Jon Garland, Bobby Jenks, Rob Mackowiak, Paul Konerko, Brandon McCarthy, A.J. Pierzynski, Scott Podsednik, Cliff Politte, Jim Thome, Chris Widger.

Looks to me like Buehrle and Hermanson are the only guys that reside in this country who are not going to be there. I personally don't blame guys that live in other countries for not coming. I think it's great if they do, but I don't hold it against them if they don't. I was talking about last years team.So from the players attending only 10 players were on the active roster for the WS and Brian Anderson and Brandon McCarthy played in just a couple of games.

Palehose13
01-22-2006, 08:38 PM
:redneck :redneck I was talking about last years team.So from the players attending only 10 players were on the active roster for the WS and Brian Anderson and Brandon McCarthy played in just a couple of games.

Well, Aaron Rowand, Carl Everett, and Willie Harris used to be regulars at SoxFest. There have been some changes to the roster. Do you expect them to be there this year?

Welcome to SoxFest 2006!

Saturday

10am-11:30am
Autograph table 1: Aaron Rowand, Carl Everett and Jim Thome.
Autograph table 2: Willie Harris and Rob Mackowiak
Autograph table 3: Orlando Hernandez and Javier Vazquez

1pm-2:30pm
Autograph table 1: Timo Perez and Damaso Marte
Autograph table 2: John Rooney and Chris Singleton
Autograph table 3: Dave Wills and Brian Dolgin

Ballroom 1 : Defunct threads at WSI seminar
Ballroom 2: Appreciation threads at WSI Seminar

:redneck

SOX ADDICT '73
01-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Well, Aaron Rowand, Carl Everett, and Willie Harris used to be regulars at SoxFest. There have been some changes to the roster. Do you expect them to be there this year?

Welcome to SoxFest 2006!

Saturday

Anybody out there still hoping to score tickets for Saturday? I suddenly feel the urge to unload mine...:puking:

gr8mexico
01-22-2006, 10:56 PM

I understand that but they can also try to make sure that Mark,Uribe,Hermanson,Contreras,Garcia & Pablo Ozuna attend this years Soxfest. How was Carl a regular wasn't last year the only year he was there? I'm not asking for the Sox to bring players that have been trade it or let go but having all the players that where part of the team last year that are still on the team show up.

Palehose13
01-22-2006, 11:10 PM
I understand that but they can also try to make sure that Mark,Uribe,Hermanson,Contreras,Garcia & Pablo Ozuna attend this years Soxfest. How was Carl a regular wasn't last year the only year he was there? I'm not asking for the Sox to bring players that have been trade it or let go but having all the players that where part of the team last year that are still on the team show up.

Sorry about Carl being a regular, but Aaron and Willie were there the last two years. As I stated before, Mark and Hermanson are the only two (I believe) that live in this country who aren't going...ok, Contreras too, I guess. Maybe he isn't going because of the way contract negotiations are going at the moment. Either way, I don't expect the whole team to be there. This is their offseason and sometimes **** happens beyond your control. We have a lot of the 2005 guys and the new guys and I think it's a good number of guys. Like I said before, you could always have just 2 or 3 players doing a mall caravan show instead of this. BTW...did you not find my SoxFest line up at all humorous?

If you aren't happy with the line up there are plenty of people willing to buy your tickets. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
01-22-2006, 11:56 PM

Welcome to SoxFest 2006!

Saturday

Val,

Where's the seminar on how to create polls given to all by WSI's very own Chips?

:wink:

NSSoxFan
01-23-2006, 12:14 AM

Welcome to SoxFest 2006!

Saturday

Ballroom 3: Cub Fan Encounter Seminar with WSI's Hangar

Palehose13
01-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Val,

Where's the seminar on how to create polls given to all by WSI's very own Chips?

:wink:

That is on Sunday. :cool:

steff
01-23-2006, 12:04 PM
They haven't announced the complete list of attendees yet. I'm pretty sure Mark will be there.

Pop said it would be a game time decision but it doesn't look good.

Hangar18
01-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Ballroom 3: Cub Fan Encounter Seminar with WSI's Hangar

:gulp: